PDA

View Full Version : had to get out the ruler today

Lady Lilya
December 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I have been avoiding measuring, or even really looking. I'm sure my overall length is slowly growing, but my hair is so thin due to postpartum shedding. I'm trying not to stress over it, because I am sure it will come back EVENTUALLY. (Might be a long time, though, because I plan to have several more kids.)

Last time I really looked, I had some 4 inch bits near the front. It still wasn't a lot of hairs, so it didn't do much for my thinness. But I hoped that there would be more waves of regrowth.

So, today I noticed some very short pieces when I looked in the mirror. I got a ruler and found that they were varying in length between 1 and 2.5 inches. I measured the longer regrowth and found that they are now around 5-6 inches. YAY.

sahiba
December 24th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Really happy for you. :thumbsup: Keep the length growing.

Copasetic
December 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
That's great! Congrats on the new growth :)

Sharon
December 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Congrats on the growth. Try to be patint, you'll get there.

logica_divina
December 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Good for you! ;)

jojo
December 24th, 2008, 11:57 AM
what a lovely post, i am so pleased you are feeling happy with your hair, that is some growth. Heres hoping your shed is well and truely over for you.

kelsoberry
December 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thats awesome! You're lucky that you could ignore the ruler for so long. It makes new growth seem so much more impressive.

Radulfr
December 24th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Congratulations! Keep it growing! :D

Lady Lilya
December 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Thats awesome! You're lucky that you could ignore the ruler for so long. It makes new growth seem so much more impressive.

I'm lucky to brush my teeth every day. I have a toddler that needs a lot of attention. Pretty much 100% of my focus. It is hard to focus on anything else, whether I wanted to or not. So it is very easy for me to go a long time without really looking at myself in the mirror.

Dreamernz
December 26th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Welldone on the new growth!!!