PDA

View Full Version : 3 year Anniversary (pic)

Rini
December 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone! I'm sorry I don't drop by much these days, but I do think of you often :inlove:

I've just passed 3 years as a member of this lovely community of long haired beauties (was just before my Birthday in 2005 when I first joined) and I wanted to share a pic with you which was taken a few days ago:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/rinihairdec08.jpg

I know it's not a great length shot (I should be turned around more!!), but it does show the colour! I'd say my hair is shoulder blade length. It's funny, but this time around I'm not measuring or taking length shots at all :rolleyes:

When I joined I was a red-haired henna head and over the years I grew to just below BSL, then cut it all off again as a sacrifice to remove the henna. I now have my IDEAL hair colour (my natural colour) and the length is slowly coming back. I no longer feel like I have short hair anymore. Yay! :cheese: My routine is still CO twice a week, I've been pre-wash oiling with Coconut oil and using AVG as a leave in on sopping wet hair. That's about it! I wear it up 99% of the time and look forward to it being long again one day...

Anyway, I just wanted to say G'day and wish you all a VERY Merry Hairy Christmas.:xmas:

xxxxx:grouphug:

CaraLynn
December 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, you've got a beautiful color and curls!

RoseRedDead
December 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is very lovely, and I love your natural colour. I think it suits you much better than red. :flowers:

EvaSimone
December 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
You have a lovely natural color and your curls are gorgeous!!

Teazel
December 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hi Rini, nice to see you again! :waving:

Your hair is looking really lovely. Yay! Merry Christmas to you! :D

longhairdreams
December 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
OMG rini your hair is getting so long and looking so very pretty.You can get away with any color having that face.

I hope you and your family have a merry christmas as well.

Lara1
December 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
You have a very lovely hair and your natural hair colour looks great!
Merry Christmas to you!

jessie58
December 23rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Rini, it's nice to see your pretty smile again. Your hair is looking lovely. You had so many red hair admirers and now you can start a blonde fan club. Are those natural curls? They are so pretty.

tiny_teesha
December 24th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Your hair looks amazing, so jealous of those bouncy ringlets!!!! I think that is excellent progress!! :)

Rini
December 24th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks so much girls!

Yes, the curls/waves are all mine. Henna really straightened my hair out, but now that I am henna-freee I am enjoying more ringlets :) Also, I have the type of hair that increases in wave as it gets longer.

Wow, everyone's hair is getting so long! I see it in your Avatars!! (esp Jessie...wow!)

Aditi
December 24th, 2008, 12:07 AM
You Curly hairs are a knock out. :thud:

maskedrose
December 24th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Oh so pretty Rini! Your natural color is gorgeous and really suits you...and those curls!! GORGEOUS! Merry Christmas to you too :)

Johanna64
December 24th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I love your natural color :crush:
And your curls are beautiful!!
You too a Merry Christmas and a happy hairy 2009.

LutraLutra
December 24th, 2008, 02:08 AM
What pretty hair, glad you're enjoying your natural colour. :)

trollkjerring
December 24th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Congrats, Rini - you have come a long way and you are a great example that the natural haircolor matches perfectly with the color of skin and eyes. Your curls are wonderful, happy growing:)
trollkjerring

HeatherMae
December 24th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I can't tell you how much I envy your natural hair color. Your hair is very pretty. Congratulations on the great progress you have made. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Ryanne
December 24th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Lovely curls, the colour really suits you!

Amoretti
December 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Lovely to see you here again, Rini! You're looking fabulous!!

Nightshade
December 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Beautiful as always :flowers:

I have to agree, your natural color suits you much more than even the fabled Rini Red. I'm sure Hugh would agree :eyebrows:

PurpleAshes
December 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
You have beautiful hair :)

OhioLisa
December 24th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Rini!! :grouphug: First of all, I must tell you how absolutely adorable you look in that pic! Your hair has certainly come a long way. It looks fabulous! You have a gorgeous natural color. Happy anniversary! :flowers:

DavidN
December 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Congratulations on your 3rd anniversaey at the LHC, Rini, and here's to many more years in our community! That is a lovely photo, and what beautiful curls!

Islandgrrl
December 24th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Happy 3rd Anniversary, Rini! Your hair looks beautiful and you look very happy!

spidermom
December 24th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Beautiful curls and color. RIP Rini Red.

jojo
December 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM
This if anything should show newbies natural is always best, your hair is a credit to you and is so beautiful to see. Merry crimbo to you too xx

Tabitha
December 24th, 2008, 12:04 PM
What a lovely photo Rini, what a gorgeous smile you have. Your natural colour is so pretty and makes for a very striking look with your dark eyes. I love your curls! :flowers:

darkwaves
December 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
It's great to see you again, Rini! Welcome back.

Your hair is looking fabulous. Lovely curls, and your natural colour suits you well.

harley mama
December 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Congratulations Reni. You are gorgeous!

Xandergrammy
December 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Congratulations, Rini!! Your hair is gorgeous!

justgreen
December 24th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Congratulations Rini , on joining the three year club! Your hair is glorious, whatever you are doing is working and the color is divine!

Dreamernz
December 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Merry xmas! Well done on your beautiful ringlets and natural colour! :D:D:D

Rini
December 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Oh my goodness! Thanks very much for the lovely compliments :o So many people I have not "seen" in a long time!!!

I am enjoying my natural colour, so much less hassle for me and I feel as if everything just "matches" now :D

DH took a pic of me yesterday (Christmas day) which I think shows my hair MUCH better than that pic I put in this thread. You can see colour/texture now. I will put it here (so you don't have to click if you're curious!) and it's also in one of my albums.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/hairdec08.jpg

Just want to add:
Nightshade are you married yet???? (glad I didn't get that haircut from Mr Jackman :eyebrows: )
Spidermom: I love your sig pic....very arty!
Jojo: your hemline is awesome
darwaves: your hair has GROWN so looooong!!!
justgreen: you are sick? :confused:

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas :flowers: I'm sure for most of you it wasn't as hot and humid as ours was!!!

Jason
December 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Your natural color is beautiful and I love the curls.

Silver Strands
December 26th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Congratulations on 3 years and on getting rid of the henna without damaging your hair.

It looks wonderfully soft and your waves are lovely.
The henna seemed to flatten them out.

Your natural color looks so soft and complimentary.

brok3nwings
December 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Rini you look fantastic and your natural hair colour looks amazing on you. i loved the henna colour but sometimes its just not our colour... Congratulations!

jeno
December 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
You are so beautiful! A perfect match with that face and those beautiful curls!

Can I have your hair, pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz? ;-)

Nic's
December 26th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm in love with your curls you lucky girl. Your hair looks great.

Fillette
December 26th, 2008, 07:40 PM
You have very beautiful hair. The color and texture are simply awesome!

Nightshade
December 27th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I am very happily married now! :inlove: It was a perfect fairytale day :D

nastasska
December 27th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Happy Anniversary :flowers:

Your hair is stunning :thud:

Rini
December 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks so much Jason, Silverstrands, Barbara, Jeno, Nics, Fillette, nastasska :flowers:

Nightshade, I just left a comment in your blog :D but want to say again: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am dying to see pics.....

Tap Dancer
December 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM
How did I miss this thread?! Your hair is gorgeous, Rini! :love:

alligatorbaby23
December 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hiya Rini. I think of you too! Hope everything is going great. Happy Anniversary!
Did you ever get your bathroom of your hair dreams by the way??

annarose
December 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Rini, do you have an account of dying your hair back, maybe over at the old LHC perhaps?

I'm toying with the idea myself, getting rid of the henna ( I've already cut it rather short) and would like to read how your hairdresser went about it. I have an appointment this week for some sample streaks to see how my hair reacts. And I really miss my curls too, they looked just like yours.

By the way, you are simply gorgeous!! :thud: You could do any color, even bald, and still be a true stunner!!

SchnauzerMom
December 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Your hair looks very lovely!

dolcevita
December 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Your hair is very lovely... Very angelic! Congratulations :)

Rini
December 29th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Hi Tapdancer and Alligatorbaby!! :waving: LOL, I remember the hair bathroom of my dreams discussion.....well I am in the process of building 4 townhouses at the moment and working with an interior designer on the bathrooms. It's as close as I'm going to get to the bathroom of my dreams for some time (although I won't be living in them for long if even at all!). Is there a bathroom thread somewhere?? :eyebrows:

annarose, yes I do have an account of the long and involved de-hennaing process. I think I should add it somewhere to my profile. My blog I guess? I will get right onto it. Much length was sacrificed and I worked extra hard to maintain the rest of my hair in tip top condition after the brutal chemical treatments it had to go through......but let me tell you that it is worth it to have the colour you want and to not have to maintain a colour that looks so obvious when roots come in! :o And it is also very nice to have the old curls back :D Good luck with your journey!

SchnauzerMom...hi!

lilcoopr....angelic? Why thank you very much indeed! :pegasus:

mellie
December 29th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Looking beautiful (as always!!)! Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!! :-)

MountainGypsy
December 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Beautiful Rini and so nice to see you again!

Pegasus Marsters
December 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
You look stunning.

It's great to see you back

FallenAngel
December 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Ohh... that is pretty hair. And I have to agree, angelic! :)

What an inspiration for me, who is growing out short hair now. Not hoping for anything like yours in 3 years, but... at least SOMETHING!

Very, very beautiful!

Rini
December 30th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Thanks Mellie, MountainGypsy, Pegasus Marsters and FallenAngel. It's so nice to have hair compliments and I don't even have long hair (yet!) :inlove:

annarose
December 30th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you Rini, I'll watch for your blog, (and I'm very patient, no need to hurry for me :flower: )

Haith
December 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Rini, your hair is simply gorgeous!
Congrats on 3 years!

sandrak
December 31st, 2008, 02:07 AM
Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! The color is perfect and so soft looking. Congratulations!

jel
December 31st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Congrats on your LHC-versary! :flowers: I must say I really loved the Rini Red, but your natural colour (and texture, now that henna is not straightening your hair) looks absolutely stunning!

vindo
December 31st, 2008, 10:19 AM
It looks great Rini, I love the red on you but this looks really nice!

Also, I love your signature. It is like a hair advertisement :inlove:

catfish
December 31st, 2008, 03:01 PM
Congratulations :flower: You do have some lovely hair, the curls fit you very well.:D

rossjen
December 31st, 2008, 09:30 PM
It is great to see you again Rini :) You are looking lovely as ever.

Rini
January 1st, 2009, 04:37 PM
OK annarose......I promise it will be there as soon as I figure out how to get it there :D

Haith: awesome avatar pic!!

sandrak: look how long YOUR hair has grown!

jel: thanks :flowers: Sometimes I mourn the Rini Red, but I'm really happy with my colour now, so I am less tempted by henna these days

Emi: Thanks!! :inlove: You are looking STUNNING as ever. I checked out the pics from your hair mini meet and was in absolute awe of both you girls. Such amazing hair you have!

Thanks catfish and rossjen (lovely poem btw!) :flowers:

paper
January 3rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Happy Anniversary Rini :flowers:

Your hair is so pretty, Congrats!