PDA

View Full Version : A Decade Without a Haircut

Bene
December 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
A Decade Without a Haircut (http://www.sidefun.com/2008/12/decade-without-haircut.html)

An Australian man says he hasn't had a haircut or a shave for more than a decade.
Phil Moore's free-flowing locks and beard have become something of an attraction in Elmhurst, Victoria.
The 42-year-old insists he has not had so much as a trim in more than ten years - and to the consternation of local barbers, he has no plans to start now.
Phil's number one fan is his young son Blake who has been trying to copy his dad's distinctive hairstyle.
But he still has a long way to go to catch up. So far, all he has achieved is a classic Down Under mullet.

http://www.sidefun.com/2008/12/decade-without-haircut.html
--------------------------------------------

i think he has fairytale ends :)

Copasetic
December 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
I love that picture! Cool story too.

BlackfootHair
December 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
That's awesome. :)

Islandgrrl
December 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Good for him!

CestMadeleine
December 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Wow that's awesome. I wonder how long his son will last as well. :D

Nat242
December 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Good for him! That's an amazing photo.

EdG
December 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
That's incredible. Thanks for the link!
Ed

Elenna
December 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
His hair looks healthy & thick. Looks to be classic or longer length.

ladyluck
December 22nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I love that picture. :)

Dont mean to be a grump, but is copywrite an issue? I dont want anyone to get in trouble.

jera
December 22nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Awesome ! He reminds me a little of Ed, but not as good looking.;) He should join us and share his tips and haircare secrets.

EdG
December 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
He reminds me a little of Ed, but not as good looking.;) :o

Yes, he should join the board. :cheese:
Ed

Cantabile
December 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Whoo! Awesome hair-in-motion photo. :grin: I wonder how long that is on him? TB? Classic? :ponder:

viking_quest
December 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
That's an epic beard. And an awesome in-motion hair picture.

Alun
December 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
I haven't had a haircut since 2004. I've got a few years to catch up with this guy, though.

Mind you, I've no plans to grow my beard any longer, so I'm not really in competition.

Auryn
December 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
His hair looks awesome!

On the subject of hair that hasn't been cut in 10 years, I was watching "What Not to Wear" today and the girl hadn't cut her hair in 10 years, BUT it was dreadlocked and looked horrid! The hair stylist (Nick) had to literally saw his way through the dreads to cut them off. I think he broke a pair of scissors. I think the dreads reached to just about TB or a bit longer...maybe hip.

Alana2000
December 22nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Its too bad he had to cut the dreads off competely, can dreads be trimmed? I think dreads can be very nice especially if they are coloured nicely.

invisiblebabe
December 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
His hair looks awesome!

On the subject of hair that hasn't been cut in 10 years, I was watching "What Not to Wear" today and the girl hadn't cut her hair in 10 years, BUT it was dreadlocked and looked horrid! The hair stylist (Nick) had to literally saw his way through the dreads to cut them off. I think he broke a pair of scissors. I think the dreads reached to just about TB or a bit longer...maybe hip.

I saw that episode! Yes, the hair was frightening. She looked much better afterward :)

Xandergrammy
December 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
What a great hair-in-motion picture!!

I haven't had a haircut or trim since 1995. :gabigrin:

JessTheMess
December 22nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
I wonder if that includes S&D missions :D Either way that guy totally rocks my socks!

Auryn
December 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Its too bad he had to cut the dreads off competely, can dreads be trimmed? I think dreads can be very nice especially if they are coloured nicely.

There was only about 5-6 dreads total and it looked horrid...I'll see if I can dig up a pic from that episode.

RavennaNight
December 23rd, 2008, 05:49 AM
Wow thats some awesome hair! And a great picture of it! People left some really mean comments!

Periwinkle
December 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
That's the most brilliant photo. Thanks for sharing.

Sherri
December 23rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
Wow thats some awesome hair! And a great picture of it! People left some really mean comments!
I know they said he was dirty and a dead beat. Is it just because he has long hair? They don't know him he probably could work circles around them. Why do they think long hair is dirty? Plus they think he is homeless"get a job":crazyq: and think of all the money he has saved from getting his hair cut for ten year cha-ching$$$ When I take DS11 to get a haircut and they charge me $10.

Okay I"m done with my rant and I thought it was a great pic. I would love to have an action shot like that.:)

EllisGurl
December 23rd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Did anyone notice the comments?

Dirt bag

get a haircut and a real job lol

Damn hippie needs to cut his hair

wook What does "wook" mean?

Only one positive comment in the total of five that were left. Three were downright nasty.

I don't get why having long hair and/or a beard automatically makes a man dirty, a hippie and/or incapable of performing well at a "real" job??

Yes, I think this man's hair is awesome but it was the negativity that struck me most. I'm going to leave a comment that says as much!

ETA: :lol: Sherri and I posted at the same time!

Sherri
December 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Did anyone notice the comments?

What does "wook" mean?

Only one positive comment in the total of five that were left. Three were downright nasty.

I don't get why having long hair and/or a beard automatically makes a man dirty, a hippie and/or incapable of performing well at a "real" job??

Yes, I think this man's hair is awesome but it was the negativity that struck me most. I'm going to leave a comment that says as much!

ETA: :lol: Sherri and I posted at the same time!

:rollin: Hey great minds think alike. lol

ETA: I was curious what "wook" meant to or was it a misspelling of some sort?

Xandergrammy
December 23rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
I noticed the nasty comments too, but I just chalk those up to nasty little narrow minds that don't know any different. I pity them.

EllisGurl
December 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
I noticed the nasty comments too, but I just chalk those up to nasty little narrow minds that don't know any different. I pity them.

Bravo!!!!!

Bene
December 23rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
i think wook is short for wookie?

ladyluck
December 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Apparently wook means: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wook

Tressie
December 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately, many people have preconceived ideas about long-haired people. Wrong ideas! Too bad, they are missing out on a lot of great people!!! (o:

Darscilla
December 23rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Only six years and nine months and I will be able to say the same. Though hopefully not about the beard as well! :scared: :lol:

Daoine Sidhe
December 23rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
That's beautiful. I like how you can see the color of his hair change towards the ends :)

withsilverwings
December 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
his hair is beautiful

it's been over a decade since my last cut too. The only time scissors come near my hair is for trims.

Xandergrammy
December 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM

That's just plain nasty. It makes my blood boil.

patience
December 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Beautiful photo. I love the color of his hair.

I don't understand the nastiness either. Seems some people have nothing better to do than to be ugly and make rude comments.

Alun
December 23rd, 2008, 02:53 PM

It looks like anyone that even uses the word would be asking to be punched! It's fighting talk. Pretty much as abusive to a long haired person as w*g or even n*gg*r!

ETA: Before this thread I was blissfully ignorant as I had never heard the word. Can someone please report for abuse the person that posted it over there?

elissam
December 23rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
That's beautiful. I like how you can see the color of his hair change towards the ends :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. I wouldn't want it for my own hair, but on him it looks perfect. :agree:

chelles2kids
December 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
All I could think was, wonder how many inches it's grown?
In order to figure up how much growth he's had every year.:o

I wonder if he knows about LHC?

Sharon
December 24th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Nice pic, I personally love long hair on men as well as men women. I wonder if I could go 10yrs vwithout a cut?

Alun
December 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM

I think they have to be unlocked by hand, and it takes so long that any stylist would simply say it can't be done, even though that's not really true. OTOH, there's probably a point beyond which it really can't be done. I have heard of people who have done it though.

blackice
December 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Wow at those comments:(

Sissy
December 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM
whoa, that's a lot of hair... it looks healthier than I expected.

FUNK2LOPEZ
December 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I agree with everyone that his hair is awesome and he has every right to grow it as long as he wants to. I've not had my trimmed in a long time. I can't remember exactly when the last time was. I know I haven't cut it since I got married in 2001 and even then I refused to cut it shorter than 2" below my shoulder.

It seems like negatively of long hair on men, but not of long hair on women. Double standards strike again.:mad:

Stubborn
December 30th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Great looking hair...

*sigh* @ the negative comments. Just people looking for a reaction.

Chrissy
December 30th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I like his hair but not the whiskers. For me a beard that long is ick. But that's just me. I don't like the ZZ Topp look.

Misha
December 30th, 2008, 05:03 AM
His hair does look healthy and the color is nice too. The negative comments posted reveal more about the poster IMHO. :monkey:

Jostar
December 30th, 2008, 05:36 AM
my partner Simon hasn't cut his hair properly for about 17 years - he just dusts the ends once a year. He has very tight curls so when it grows you can't really see. He gets a lot of negative, judgmental comments, our favorites include "Glastonbury's that way mate" and "oh look its Swampy". We don't judge people for having short hair so why should he be judged because he/we have long.

anyway, here is his lordship's hair http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/jostar/BeautifulDays2007071-1.jpg

Vivien'
December 30th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Wow ! He has really nice hair :) And his beard's cool, too.

Dreamernz
December 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
WOW that's so cool though I have to say I can't believe how horrible some of those comments left under that article were :(