PDA

View Full Version : Eastern US Swap Box Journal

OhioLisa
March 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM
In the interest of organization (and organizers' sanity) we are splitting the swap box journal into each box / region. Below is the list of ALL boxes and their organizers, so make sure you contact the right one if you are interested in participating. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE INDICATING YOUR DESIRE TO PARTICIPATE!!

What is the swap box?
The swap box is simply a means for participants to "recycle" unused or unwanted hair accessories by passing them on to others.

Who are the organizers?

Eastern / Central US: OhioLisa
Southern US: OhioLisa
Western US (including Alaska and Hawaii): PatGear
Canada: Garnett
Europe: Igor
Australia / New Zealand: Ali

Who can participate?
Participants must meet 3 criteria to be able to participate (these rules apply only to those who want to be added from this day forward):

Membership on LHC of at least 6 months
250 post minimum
Trader rating of at least 5
~~Sorry if you think these guidelines are too strict. You can thank those who have "lost" the boxes previously.~~

How exactly does the box work?
The proper procedure for the swap box is:

Receive the box
Select items you want from the box
Replace the items you took with items of SIMILAR QUALITY
Post in the thread about the items you took and added
PM your box organizer for the next name on the list
PM the next person to obtain their address
Send the box to its next destination!
PM your organizer if you would like to receive the box again

What can I put in the box?
Any gift quality hair accessories can go into the box. This can include something you no longer use or something you have made specifically for the swap box. Do keep in mind that the box is not a dumping ground for unused hair items. (No plastic or metal clips that come 20 to a pack, for instance.) If you would not appreciate getting the same item as a gift, do NOT add it to the box.

What cannot go into the box?
Although extra goodies may seem like a nice idea, they really only add bulk and weight to the boxes. Please do not include coffees, teas, trinkets, or makeup in the boxes. Please also do not put bottles of product or oils in the boxes. The boxes are meant for accessories only.

What can I take from the box?
You can take any item from the box that you are able to replace with a similar quality item. If you are going to take a high end item (a ficcare or nice hair fork, for instance) you must be able to replace it with an equally high end item. 20 plastic claw clips do not equal a ficcare, yall.

How long do I keep the box?
We are imposing a 2 week turnaround time on the box. If your schedule / obligations will not allow you to get the box, take away and add what you wish, and send it to the next person within 2 weeks, then do not take the box! Squatting ruins the fun for everyone. (Of course, if you finish with the box before then, by all means, send it on its way! )

Any additional points to remember?
Please keep in mind that we need to be kept updated on this thread. We need to know when you get the box, what was taken, what was added, and when you will be sending to the next person. I will be keeping the first post of this thread updated with the box's status so that participants can know when to anticipate their turn. This means that I can only keep others updated if I am kept updated. Do not let other members sit and wonder what is going on with the box. Be courteous to your fellow participants by keeping us informed. Thank you.

As always, when in doubt or in question, please PM your box organizer.

Current Eastern US Swap Box List
The current list of participants (in the order of receipt):

pookatrina
CinnamonHair
exclusively_di
Nightshade / Beldaran
hairbrain
Ama
dagonlilly
capelli lunghi
praia98
OhioLisa
Shanarana
gretchen hair
magdalene
sdfw
meepster
angelthadiva
blueneko
AmandaPanda
Darian Moone
Emichiee
moonchaser
PseudoScot

~If you feel that your name should be on this list, but it is not, please PM me.

gretchen_hair
March 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Very nice post OL. Great organization Thanks..

capelli lunghi
March 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
OL ROCKS!!! lol Thanks for doing this!

OhioLisa
March 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks, gals. Or, you're welcome, which ever. The box still isn't moving, but as soon as I get a hold of the other box, I will decide what to do about the issue. I also now have mod assistance in figuring out what to do about the person who "lost" this box. I'll keep yall posted.

Cinnamon Hair
March 8th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Oh, I thought it had been recovered! Well that sucks you're having to deal with this greedy person when the whole point of the SWAP box is SHARING. It's not called the HORDE box. How rude.

OhioLisa
March 9th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Oh, I thought it had been recovered! Well that sucks you're having to deal with this greedy person when the whole point of the SWAP box is SHARING. It's not called the HORDE box. How rude.

Girl, you are so right. I thought this person was going to send the box. It never came. And now, I get no response to NUMEROUS emails. At least deal with it! Come on! Grrr. :mad:

dagonlilly
March 13th, 2008, 02:47 PM
ah that sucks the box is lost. I haven't had the box in a long long time. do we need to get another one started?

OhioLisa
March 13th, 2008, 07:04 PM
ah that sucks the box is lost. I haven't had the box in a long long time. do we need to get another one started?

Well, some people have been really awesome in donating some things. So, when I get a hold of the Southern box, I will go through it and the things that people have donated, then make a decision on whether to divide the items equally between 2 boxes or combine them into one big box. I will keep yall posted.

In the meantime, if anyone else would like to contribute, please PM me. Thanks so much to everyone for their patience and kindness as we work through this situation. Hugs yall.

kashencarrie
March 14th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Lisa,

I have somethings I could send. Let me know your address.

vindo
March 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I would like to participate :). I have a few hairforks, sticks and clips that became to small for my hair :(

I live in Long Island, NY and I have 6 trader ratings. Hope that is ok. I cant send PMs at the time...not working.

Emi

OhioLisa
March 14th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'll add you to the list, Emi. :cheese:

Nightshade
March 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Lisa, Can you send the box to Bedaran rather than me? She and I usually share and go through the box at the same time, but I live in a college area and I'm often worried about packages being stolen off my porch. :mad:

OhioLisa
March 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Lisa, Can you send the box to Bedaran rather than me? She and I usually share and go through the box at the same time, but I live in a college area and I'm often worried about packages being stolen off my porch. :mad:

Nightshade, I am sooo sorry I didn't get back to you on this yet. I will drop you a PM. It's no prob. :flowers:

Nightshade
March 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Nightshade, I am sooo sorry I didn't get back to you on this yet. I will drop you a PM. It's no prob. :flowers:

Oh no worries. I just know the PM system has been a bit wonky, and wanted to make sure you saw it :)

vindo
March 14th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I'll add you to the list, Emi. :cheese:

Yay! :D

Oh and my PM Box is working now..so whenever my address is needed...

Beldaran
March 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
So yeah, if my name could get added, that would be awesome.. you can just make it "Nightshade/Beldaran" :D

moonchaser
March 24th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Great detail! I will PM you.

OhioLisa
March 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Added ya! Thanks!

Darian Moone
March 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Were you going to add me to the list OhioLisa? I'll PM you my address. I can't believe I forgot to do that.

OhioLisa
March 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Darian Moone - I added you to the list in the spot you should have been. I added you to my spreadsheet, but forgot to update the post, so that is fixed now. :)

And just so everyone remembers, I don't keep a list of addresses for everyone, so just giving me your name and state with suffice. :)

AmandaPanda
March 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I seem much further down the list than I was before the "crash". Oh well

OhioLisa
March 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
AmandaPanda, your position has remained unchanged, except for one person who should have been added to the list long ago, but was not due to an error before I even took over the box. I add people in the order in which they ask me to. If you have any other issues, please PM me. Thanks.

Darian Moone
March 25th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Darian Moone - I added you to the list in the spot you should have been. I added you to my spreadsheet, but forgot to update the post, so that is fixed now. :)

And just so everyone remembers, I don't keep a list of addresses for everyone, so just giving me your name and state with suffice. :)

Thanks OhioLisa! :D

AmandaPanda
March 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
that will be all, TY

Magdalene
April 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Any updates?

Beldaran
April 18th, 2008, 01:49 PM
*bump* Any news?

OhioLisa
April 19th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Ok, brace yourselves... now the frigging southern box is "missing" as well. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Darn, would love to be part of the Eastern Swap Box, but I'm shy 3 trader ratings. Had 2 in the old forum, can't seem to find them here. (looks for things to swap).

angelthadiva
April 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM
You have got to be kidding me?! Hey, OL, you need my baseball bat, girl?

Magdalene
April 25th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Aw, c'mon, folks! I've got some good stuff waiting to be swapped!

OhioLisa
April 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I just emailed the person who has the southern box AGAIN. I'll keep yall updated. :rolleyes:

SHELIAANN1969
April 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
OhioLisa, I can just imagine a gang of longhaired women showing up at their door, demanding, "where is that swap-box" lol

angelthadiva
April 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Oh, that's one door I wouldn't answer! :) BWAHAHAAHA!!!! :spitting:

angelthadiva
May 26th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Bump!

It's been over a month, any (good) news yet?

Darian Moone
May 26th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Bump!

It's been over a month, any (good) news yet?

I sure hope so. I'm accumulating quite a few goodies to add to the box. :)

angelthadiva
May 27th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Me too! I'd much rather bless someone who can use something I can't rather than selling or swapping.

Magdalene
May 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Same here. I've got some good stuff saved up!

Magdalene
June 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Seriously, what's going on with the swap box? I've got a huge pile of toys that need to be swapped!

angelthadiva
June 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for bumping--I didn't want to seem like a box stalker! :)

pgw
June 23rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
I just emailed the person who has the southern box AGAIN. I'll keep yall updated. :rolleyes:

I don't suppose anything ever materialized from this?

SHELIAANN1969
June 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for bumping--I didn't want to seem like a box stalker! :)

ok, this just made me think (in song)

I feel like stalkin the box, stalkin the box, stalk stalk stalkin.....:cheese:

angelthadiva
June 23rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
ok, this just made me think (in song)

I feel like stalkin the box, stalkin the box, stalk stalk stalkin.....:cheese:

Hey--that just gave me a thought...Maybe one of the sweet, kind and generous MODS could give us an appropriate smiley to reflect how much we want the box???

I dunno maybe Mr. T holding up a sign that says: "I pity the fool" http://tools.digeratimarketing.co.uk/content/lb/smile/characters/character0218.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/)

Just for clarification, I mean the first definition, not #3
I pity the Fool (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I+pity+the+fool) :wannabe:
[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mysmiley.net"] (http://www.mysmiley.net/)

SHELIAANN1969
June 24th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Hahaha, you are too funny, I like your style!! :)

ETA- I seriously suspect the box is long, long, long, long gone. Obviouslly if someone has kept it THIS long, I am pretty sure they DON'T plan on giving it back.

I hate to be the party pooper, but that box aint hailf full, it's empty, shredded, sent to the dump and disintegrated!

Delenn
June 24th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Hahaha, you are too funny, I like your style!! :)

ETA- I seriously suspect the box is long, long, long, long gone. Obviouslly if someone has kept it THIS long, I am pretty sure they DON'T plan on giving it back.

I hate to be the party pooper, but that box aint hailf full, it's empty, shredded, sent to the dump and disintegrated!

This is a shame, I know you guys have been trying to get the box moving again for a long time. Is this another round of the box gone missing? I thought at one point you were rebuilding a new box... or is this the same one? I was supposed to be on this list IIRC pre-crash, I don't see me there now though. I'll watch to see if we somehow get the box going again, I might even have a few things to donate to get it started.

angelthadiva
June 24th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Hahaha, you are too funny, I like your style!! :)Thanks! :D

This is a shame, I know you guys have been trying to get the box moving again for a long time. Is this another round of the box gone missing? I thought at one point you were rebuilding a new box... or is this the same one? I was supposed to be on this list IIRC pre-crash, I don't see me there now though. I'll watch to see if we somehow get the box going again, I might even have a few things to donate to get it started.

Well, one box went MIA, and we started taking up collections to begin a new one--And at one point there was some talk of possibly combining the Eastern one and the Southern one--Both boxes were supposed to make their way to OhioLisa--I don't think that ever happened--She (OL) has made several attempts in reaching the individuals who have the boxes, but not sure what the status is now...Last I knew, she was asking for Mod help...

Darkhorse1
June 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Phooey. I'd love to be part of the Canadian swap, but I haven't been here that long. I"m a very trust worthy person, if that means anything? ;) I have some very creative hair accessories that I no long use, and would love to find a good home.

I'll leave it up to you all to make the decision :D PM me if I can join! :)

Darkhorse1
June 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
PS--I'm East Coast Canada--Garrett and I are about 3 hrs away from each other :D

SHELIAANN1969
June 24th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Phooey. I'd love to be part of the Canadian swap, but I haven't been here that long. I"m a very trust worthy person, if that means anything? ;) I have some very creative hair accessories that I no long use, and would love to find a good home.

I'll leave it up to you all to make the decision :D PM me if I can join! :)

I think there is a post count and time that you've been here rule, I don't remember if it was 6 months? or a year?

You can always add your items on the swap board to swap or sell if you can't get the box.

Darkhorse1
June 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
This box thing sounds really fun though---I can attest that I am a good person ;) I also share lots of stuff with penpals, so I am used to sending things via mail.

Patrycja
June 24th, 2008, 08:13 PM
you're kidding me,the box is MIA?? I have been hoarding my toys waiting to be eligible for the box.Oh man.....:(

SHELIAANN1969
June 25th, 2008, 06:04 AM
This box thing sounds really fun though---I can attest that I am a good person ;) I also share lots of stuff with penpals, so I am used to sending things via mail.

Here is a link to the first page of the swap box, and the rules, it's 6 months membership and 250 posts, and a trader rating of at least 5.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=174

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 06:31 AM
This box thing sounds really fun though---I can attest that I am a good person ;) I also share lots of stuff with penpals, so I am used to sending things via mail. Just hang around and keep posting quality posts and you will have met the requirements in no time...Heck, we might find the box by the time you are able to participate! :D

you're kidding me,the box is MIA?? I have been hoarding my toys waiting to be eligible for the box.Oh man.....:( Ahem, if you are running out of space to store your toys...You know my addy! ;)

pgw
June 25th, 2008, 06:41 AM
So we not only have one box MIA, but two? Gah! It appears post count and length of membership doesn't count for much. :rolleyes: Not to be too hard on another member, but I don't understand how someone could be that irresponsible when they know others are counting on them to do their part. :( Maybe the boxes will show up at some point in time. I hope so.

Patrycja
June 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Ahem, if you are running out of space to store your toys...You know my addy! ;)

LOL I sure do ;) Thanks for the trader rating btw :flowers:

Darkhorse1
June 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Do you think the box was lost or stolen? I'd send all boxes with a tracking #. That way, it deters people from 'stealing' it, as there will always be a way to find out where it last was. Just a thought? In Canada, we can do what's called an Express Post, so it comes with a tracking number. This way, you can find out who the last person who had it was, and if it was lost en-route.

I'm making LOADS of posts, so hopefully I can qualify in no time! I should get great customer ratings as I've bought a few things here. :)

Beldaran
June 25th, 2008, 09:29 AM
The problem is they KNOW who had it last and have tried to contact those people and it's not working. Just because you know who had it last doesnt mean they'll respond after stealing it.

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 09:36 AM
The problem is they KNOW who had it last and have tried to contact those people and it's not working. Just because you know who had it last doesnt mean they'll respond after stealing it.

Very good point...We have two possible scenarios...A box getting lost in transit, (ie. not making it onto it’s next destination for whatever reason, mainly due to post office errors)…OR people not complying with the requirements for participation for the Swap Box…We know that the boxes have reached their destinations, and have been sent on to the next destination, but that’s where they sit…So sadly, we are having better luck with the post office than we are with some fellow LHC’rs.

pgw
June 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I know I was supposed to be the next in line for the Southern box. I received a pm from the member currently holding the box asking for my address. I replyed to her but that was the day before LHC crashed. That's the last I've heard about the box. I'm not even sure if she came online and received my pm or lost it due to the site going down. :shrug:

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I know I was supposed to be the next in line for the Southern box. I received a pm from the member currently holding the box asking for my address. I replyed to her but that was the day before LHC crashed. That's the last I've heard about the box. I'm not even sure if she came online and received my pm or lost it due to the site going down. :shrug:

HMMMM!! Yanno, prior to the crash of '08 I had a PM that I wasn't able to retrieve due to the crash...It has nothing to do with the Swap Box, but I just remembered that I was never able to see that PM--Lost in cyber space, I suspect...

Have you attempted to contact the fellow longhair since we've been up and running again? Have you seen her around these parts? :eyebrows:

I have no idea why I'm typing like this...

OhioLisa
June 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Basically, the eastern box was stolen first. I have tracked the person down numerous times, but she is now not answering any of my messages. Then the southern box was never sent off. I have emailed a few times, but apparently it's not going to do any good.

At this point, there really isn't enough to start a new box, so I am kinda in a holding pattern right now. Suggestions?

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Basically, the eastern box was stolen first. I have tracked the person down numerous times, but she is now not answering any of my messages. Then the southern box was never sent off. I have emailed a few times, but apparently it's not going to do any good.

At this point, there really isn't enough to start a new box, so I am kinda in a holding pattern right now. Suggestions?

Yikes!! Uh, does the current holder of the Southern Box know pgw's addy? Have either of these people been active on here since the box disappearance (s) or since LHC came back up?

Can there be any disciplinary action applied? What do the Mods say about all this? I know Swaps are “at your own risk” between members, does this fall in the same category? I know so many questions…So little time L

Ps. I was kind of iffy about posting all this here—As I was trying to stay as discreet as possible—If you want to take this to PM, I understand.

OhioLisa
June 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM
She knows pgw's addy AND mine. She has chosen not to send the box to either. Neither has been active here since either.

Mods can do nothing, since, as you said, participation is "at your own risk".

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
She knows pgw's addy AND mine. She has chosen not to send the box to either. Neither has been active here since either.

Mods can do nothing, since, as you said, participation is "at your own risk".

Oh, geez...You know, you try to look for the best in people, and extend some grace, because life can get away from you...But this is just crazy...It takes away from the whole community and friendship we are attempting to build.

Then kind hearted newbies have to go through the whole proving themselves process; only to have our trust broken by someone we thought we could trust. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Well, OhioLisa, I for one appreciate all you have done to try to unravel this whole mess...I can only imagine the headache you've had...I have no idea where we go from here. :(

Darkhorse1
June 25th, 2008, 02:20 PM
See, that kinda sucks. I mean, if I had something that needed to be sent, I'd go to no avail to find out where it was meant to go.

Maybe learning from this situation, you should include a sheet of paper with everyone's emails and this way, should there be a future crash, you can contact mods/organizers of the original box and ask for futher help/assistance? If anything, you could return the box to it's orgianizer and the organizer could start again?

I'd also swap , instead of with people here who have posted over a certain amount or been here X amount of time, but with how much they are here. People can be very eager now, but things change as time goes on, so time isn't necessarily a good judgement of character.

Just a thought?

OhioLisa
June 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
In this case, it doesn't matter, since the people know how to get a hold of me, yet are choosing not to. They know my address, but are choosing not to send it. I even tracked one down via their sales on ebay... and received no response. A little sheet of paper containing emails wouldn't make the slightest difference in these cases.

And one of the thieves was actually here quite frequently, so that's not neccessarily indicative of trustworthiness either.

lil_irish_angel
June 25th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Man oh Man why do people do that and ruin it for the rest of us, who have patiently been saving to add to the box. I have been waiting since before the board crashed last yr, an now its just gone. Why in the world would someone be so greedy? OS much for the buddy system.

SHELIAANN1969
June 26th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I am going to throw out a suggestion here, I am not on the list so it doesn't benefit me in any way, I am just following along.

So that people don't get or feel slighted, and to save on shipping costs, how about making a post with all the people who ARE on the list, see what they have allready (for the new box) and / or see what people have to offer and who wants to swap what with whom?

That way, everyone will see what everyone else has, can trade and make the agreement, maybe pics can be forwarded to OhioLisa and added to a special photobucket account for viewing with the title of the item, example, "Graydog mini fork-(username)"

It's an idea, with 2 boxes gone missing, that is just awful!I cannot believe the gall of some people, but in the end, can one really enjoy "ill gotten goods"?

I don't think I would feel good knowing I got that item from someone just like me, who put their items in, in good faith, and I hoarded/ took them all.

But, I guess that I just have a different way of thinking. It's pretty pathetic to "steal" the box.

It is indeed theft, I would look up the laws in the "hoarders state" on petty theft and send them an email stating that law. Heck, threaten em with Civil Court, theft charges or Judge Judy!!

You may JUST get a response.

You could say, the theft laws in "state" carry a jail term of 30 days and 1000$ fine if the theft is between 50$-500$, and over 1000$ it is a felony punishable of up to 1 year in the county jail or prison and a fine of up to 5000$ (example)

You can say, "in light of the circumstances, we have given you ample time to respond to these emails and can do nothing but assume you have stolen the box" I am now forced to file a police report with Office X, at "city police station"

You could go as far as to call that Police Station and simply ASK what the jail terms and fines are after you determine what the box value is. And even GET the officers name you spoke to, that way if they call in, that policeman works there.

You could even send a certified letter to their home with delivery confirmation, I know it costs $ (maybe 4-5$) but maybe the folks on the list can all chip in 50 -75 cents each or so?

It might be a waste of time/ money/ effort, but you may get a response or a box!!

Mary <><
June 26th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I too have nothing to gain from this as I am not able to participate (I only have 4 TR though I should have 5, 1 person forgot to leave one for me). But I wanted to ask if it is possible to file for mail fraud. Since you have had the package tracked, I would think you could file. DH & I had to do this once. It took 5 months, but we got what we were due. The USPS sent a local sherriff's officer to the person's house and forced him to pay or face criminal mail fraud charges (USPS presses those charges, no one here would need to worry about it, from what I understand). We got the check within 3 days of this officer's visit. Don't know if this would work for this situation, but it might take less time as you should be able to get the person's addy pretty easily from the person who had the box before them. Just a thought. Hope this works out. I should be getting another TR soon, so maybe I can participate after all!

ETA: Maybe there is a possibility that whoever has the box is going through a hard time. If that is the case, I hope she would feel free to reach out to us for help. The above was in no way intended to sound insensitive or harsh. If someone is having trouble, who couldn't understand that? We all have been there before, and I know that this community is full of very gracious people. I only suggested the above as a possible solution to a problem that someone was intentionally avoiding. If that is not the case, please disregard this post!

pgw
June 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM

I don't know about the person with the Eastern box, but I do know the member with the Southern box has been here as recently as May 21. She could have been here even more recent and just not signed in. :rolleyes:

I know it’s trade at your own risk here but it is a shame that a member steals from other members and there are no consequences for their actions. But hey, I believe in karma, so what goes around comes around. ;)

SHELIAANN1969
June 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I agree pgw, may all the toys dry rot, get lost or eat the offenders hair!!

Like a weird Twilight Zone, everytime she wears a stolen toy, an inch disappears!!!

Muahhhh, Muahhhhhhhh, Muahhhhhhh

I am so mean!! lol

PseudoScot
June 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
The problem is, the person with the Eastern Box was sent it a LONG time ago and I'm not sure all the tracking info could be recovered.

That box WAS cool - but in case you're worried about bucket loads of graydogs and 60th streets that went missing, don't. It did have some neat stuff in it but just sort of nice/average stuff.

One suggestion I might make is to limit the box to the largest flat rate box via the Post Office. That way no one gets surprised by shipping, and those boxes are free. It'll be a flat rate for everyone. [$12.95].

Darian Moone
June 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Good idea PseudoScot. The last swap box I was in was super heavy and cost quite a bit to post.

PseudoScot
July 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Good idea PseudoScot. The last swap box I was in was super heavy and cost quite a bit to post.

Heheh, sorry, I just pictured a cute DarianM sticking her hand out of a swap box and waving! :D

When I sent the swap box I had, it cost $11 something via UPS. I didn't think that terrible but with the post office they do flat rate stuff so we could go up and down as needed [there are smaller flat rate boxes].

Darian Moone
July 1st, 2008, 07:32 PM
Heheh, sorry, I just pictured a cute DarianM sticking her hand out of a swap box and waving! :D

LOL!!!!! I did say that rather badly, didn't I. :D

Magdalene
July 2nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
So, now for the decision...do I keep hanging onto the stuff I have to swap, or do I bite the bullet and put it on the swap board?

angelthadiva
July 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
So, now for the decision...do I keep hanging onto the stuff I have to swap, or do I bite the bullet and put it on the swap board?

My vote, is Swap Board--Why hang onto something when you can switch with someone and get something you both can use?!

dagonlilly
July 7th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Just terrible someone would ruin it for others. I was so excited when I recieved the box a long time ago and I was quick to send it off for the next person. It really should be a simple process. You get the box and send it along how difficult it that.

Eboshi
July 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
The administrators and moderators of TLHC have come to the conclusion that TLHC can no longer be a vehicle for supporting the Swap boxes. This is based on the development of numerous ongoing issues relating to them.

We regret the disappointment and inconvenience that this may cause some members. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation

This thread is closed.