PDA

View Full Version : Another Hair Victory! Another Assimilation!

shwankie
December 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Just had to share. Since getting together with my DH, I've convinced him to start using real hair stuff instead of cheap bar soap, and to use some kind of moisturizer on his head! He has short hair, but once upon a time he had long hair, and UGH, it was awful. Unsurprising, given the way he took care of it.

A few days ago, he was complaining about his head itching. He wears a hard hat all day at work, and sweats then gets cold then sweats. I handed him my ACV rinse, and showed him how to use it.

He used it that day, and said his scalp felt much better. Since he's not real good at consistency, I figured that was probably the end of it. Today, I noticed my bottle was far more empty that it would be if just I were using it, and he said he'd been using it daily, too. :joy: He no longer has an itchy scalp, and his hair feels much, much less dry to the touch.

Yay, another assimilation to the ways of the Good Hair God(ess).

hapahaolegirl
December 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
That's awesome! I've been able to get my husband to switch to all natural hair products.

How do you make an ACV rinse? Or do you just use ACV straight?

Thanks!
Kristen

AJoifulNoise
December 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Now, see, if only my dad would listen to that advice. Whenever he complains about itchy scalp I tell him to use a little ACV. It works like a charm for me. I got my sensitive scalp from him, so it should work for him, too. But, he ignores me. :rolleyes:

shwankie
December 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
That's awesome! I've been able to get my husband to switch to all natural hair products.

How do you make an ACV rinse? Or do you just use ACV straight?

Thanks!
Kristen

I use purified water with about 1.5 tbs. ACV per quart. ACV should never be used on hair straight, it's far too strong. Always dilute quite a bit. I find it works best for me at this ratio, but I know some people need more and some less. Purified water really helps, IMHO, too. I also rinse with cold water afterwards (as does he) because otherwise we smell like pickles.

baobhan sith
December 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM
Yay! That's great! of course, until he starts taking more of YOUR hair products :p I didn't realise how much stuff acv could be used for, but i still can't quite see how it would be good for moisturising.

shwankie
December 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM
It helps with dry, cracked hands & feet, too. I have no idea why, but it does (got that idea from the bottle itself). I am sure it has something to do with returning it to the proper pH, but I have no idea what.

Dreamernz
December 22nd, 2008, 08:38 AM
Loool well done and keep up the good work!!! :D:D:D

Ryanne
December 22nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
That's great! I love ACV rinses.

sahiba
December 22nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Great . I must get my dh to use it as well. He tooo has itchy scalp. But he washes his hair every 5 days as he's got severe dandruff. Think it will help?

shwankie
December 22nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Sahiba, I am not sure (I am not even really sure why it works on his dry head, though I am happy it does). Do any of the more experienced posters have ideas on ACV for dandruff??

baobhan sith, yeah, I suspect I am going to see some of my other stuff disappearing soon, too! I'm ordering 'poo bars soon, and am going to order him the "manly" scented one to keep him happy and out of mine :-)

auburnlocks
December 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
I've started doing ACV rinse on my twin girls in the bath, and daddy was like . . . yuck! But then he made a comment the next morning when he went to brush their hair that he didn't find a single knot! :D

tiggens
December 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Ooo hope! I'm trying to get my man started on something like this.