PDA

View Full Version : Hairspray

lizzyjo
December 21st, 2008, 02:08 PM
Yesterday I curled my hair for a party and used hairspray to help the curl hold. I washed my hair this morning, shampooing the entire length, and my ends are still crunchy. Is there something I can do until next time I shampoo to make the ends smoother and less sticky? I hate to comb it because the hairs are more likely to break. Also, next time I wash my hair should I do something different than using regular shampoo and conditioner?

logica_divina
December 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM
You should try clarifying with baking soda for example. I usually do it by adding 1ts of baking soda to about 0.5l bottled or distilled water and rinse my entire hair with it. You can also massage it into the scalp a little, but from what you're saying, that won't be necessary cause I guess you used the hairspray only on your length. Rinse it off well. The most important, however, is to add moisture at the end of the process. So don't forget to condition. Good luck!

speakyword
December 21st, 2008, 08:06 PM
maybe you could try using something other than hairspray to hold the curl? or making some milder hairspray (there are some citrus based recipies floating around I believe) Depending on how you curl your hair you could maybe use aloe vera gel? I use aloe vera gel as a styling product most of the time, although it wouldn't be as easy if you're using say a curling rod. The only time I use hair spray is on my bangs because I find it harsh too

Fillette
December 21st, 2008, 11:24 PM
Maybe you can apply conditioner to the ends before you shampoo. That way the shampoo will not strip them too much.
Also, when I use hairspray on my hair (very rarely), I can usually remove using just conditioner. I coat my hair with conditioner and let it sit for a little while before rinsing.

Celticfreefall
December 22nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I had my hair styled for (http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/cabbitt711/Meetup%20Dec%202008/Picture068.jpg) a fashion meetup (http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/cabbitt711/Meetup%20Dec%202008/Picture006.jpg) the other day, which meant that I had to sit still and let the hairstylist do evil things to my hair I shouldn't (I get it done around four of five times a year if anyone is cringing, so, it's not too often). This included a metric ton of hairspray. I used a clarifying shampoo, then I did an SMT directly afterwards to baby my poor locks. I'm new to LHC, so, that's just what seemed like a good idea to get all the icky stuff out of my hair and then "heal" the hair after it was gone. My hair feels great today, so, it seems to have worked, lol.

ChloeDharma
December 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Maybe you can apply conditioner to the ends before you shampoo. That way the shampoo will not strip them too much.
Also, when I use hairspray on my hair (very rarely), I can usually remove using just conditioner. I coat my hair with conditioner and let it sit for a little while before rinsing.

This can work well for softening up the build up from hairspray. If you lightly wet the hair then leave the conditioner on for a while before washing it tends to soften the hairspray and makes it come off easily before washing. Oil can probably be used the same way as well.