PDA

View Full Version : Ekusute -- Hair Extensions, the Movie

Neoma
December 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM
I was scrolling through the PPV movie listings and happened across "Hair Extensions (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0904049/plotsummary)," a Japanese horror movie about hair extensions that "...carried the grudge of the individual to which the hair originally belonged and started attacking people wearing it at random."

I started laughing hysterically. DH didn't get what was so funny. I think that my friends at LHC will.

patience
December 21st, 2008, 10:52 AM
Now that is too funny!

Bianca
December 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Omg, I just have to see that movie :drama: hehe

Akiko
December 21st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I don't think it's funny... Long hair and grudge in Japanese movies/TV shows are very scary. I cannot watch them anymore.

elrowiel
December 21st, 2008, 11:29 AM
Sounds funny, I'll put it on my "have to see"-list.
I hope it will be better than the last films in this category. :mad:

Neoma
December 21st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Actually, I probably won't watch it. But the premise tickled me. :)

Copasetic
December 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM
I NEED to see that movie. It sounds like a classic.

LutraLutra
December 21st, 2008, 01:11 PM
hair extensions that "...carried the grudge of the individual to which the hair originally belonged and started attacking people wearing it at random."
Haunted hair!? I love it. :rollin:Maybe it gives itself splits by blowfrying itself while you sleep? Spooky. Heheheh.

Ryanne
December 21st, 2008, 01:20 PM
I don't know if I will watch it, but it sounds amusing and strange.

Suitsuki
December 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
Creeeepy.. I must watch it!

Fillette
December 21st, 2008, 11:59 PM
Haunted hair!? I love it. :rollin:Maybe it gives itself splits by blowfrying itself while you sleep? Spooky. Heheheh.

That's a very good one! :rollin:

Magicknthenight
December 22nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
HA!:D :bounce:
Hm i am just gonna have to try and find this movie and watch it! Sounds interesting!
ETA: how long is the hair?

Dreamernz
December 22nd, 2008, 06:06 AM
An interesting idea, amusing from our point of view...but i agree that it would be way creepy and scary!!:eek:

Cantabile
December 22nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Believe it or not, I've actually seen this movie! shudder:It was incredibly bizarre, as the haunted hair was growing from a corpse...Not only was the hair on her head growing, but for some reason, hair was growing from her face, her tongue, and from beneath her fingernails.

Her "keeper" would then snip off lengths and sell them as extensions to salons, where the clients would then be haunted/killed off by said extensions.

Oddly enough, the movie was a strange combination of humor/terror. I'm not exactly sure what they were going for there. :rolleyes:

MemSahib
December 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Believe it or not, I've actually seen this movie! shudder:It was incredibly bizarre, as the haunted hair was growing from a corpse...Not only was the hair on her head growing, but for some reason, hair was growing from her face, her tongue, and from beneath her fingernails.

Her "keeper" would then snip off lengths and sell them as extensions to salons, where the clients would then be haunted/killed off by said extensions.

Oddly enough, the movie was a strange combination of humor/terror. I'm not exactly sure what they were going for there. :rolleyes:Hmmm... I guess not. In fact, it sounds like they didn't know what they were going for.

Neoma
December 22nd, 2008, 07:48 PM

Oddly enough, the movie was a strange combination of humor/terror. I'm not exactly sure what they were going for there. :rolleyes:Ewwwwwwww! Now I think that I really do want to watch it!

Akiko
December 22nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Good. It wasn't just horror like RINGU, which I have not been able to watch.
Well, I watched it. Oh, I know, I know. I said I cannot watch it. I am sorry. Hmmm. Bizarre! It was really weird.. I read the director was going for horror and comedy. I love black hair. But that was a looooooooot of black hair.:rolleyes:

It was sort of scary. But not exactly funny. It was straaaaange.

Haith
December 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
I think this is very funny, but I am too big of a chicken to watch it... :)

Neoma
December 22nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Good. It wasn't just horror like RINGU, which I have not been able to watch.
Well, I watched it. Oh, I know, I know. I said I cannot watch it. I am sorry. Hmmm. Bizarre! It was really weird.. I read the director was going for horror and comedy. I love black hair. But that was a looooooooot of black hair.:rolleyes:

It was sort of scary. But not exactly funny. It was straaaaange.
Akiko, I'm surprised that you watched it. It sounds very weird. I think that I would enjoy it. Bad horror movies are the best kind. :flower:

Akiko
December 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
Akiko, I'm surprised that you watched it. It sounds very weird. I think that I would enjoy it. Bad horror movies are the best kind. :flower:

I did.... I am sorry for being a naysayer at first.:(:( I watched some Japanese horror movies/TV shows growing up. They were very very scary. And I watched Grudge on the way back to Japan on the flight without realizing it was going to spook me when I stayed at mom's place. Especially when I was alone!! I felt as though a ghost was going to come out of closets! Silly, I know. I miss my language and it was nice to hear my native tongue. Thank you for introducing us.

This movie was weird. I don't know how to describe it. I kind of liked the ending. I must be strange!:o

Aisha25
December 22nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I just seen this trailer and oh my goodness it is my worst nightmare I had nightmares of someone cutting my hair and it bleeding it is a very strange movie and I cant believe they take the hair from dead peoples, I could not watch it no way.

Neoma
December 22nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
I did.... I am sorry for being a naysayer at first.:(:( I watched some Japanese horror movies/TV shows growing up. They were very very scary. And I watched Grudge on the way back to Japan on the flight without realizing it was going to spook me when I stayed at mom's place. Especially when I was alone!! I felt as though a ghost was going to come out of closets! Silly, I know. I miss my language and it was nice to hear my native tongue. Thank you for introducing us.

This movie was weird. I don't know how to describe it. I kind of liked the ending. I must be strange!:o
I like B-grade horror movies. I haven't seen a lot of Japanese horror movies. In fact, I think that I've only seen The Ring (Ringu). I thought it was kind of funny. Sorry. Didn't scare me. OK, maybe a little. Boo!

I don't watch horror when I know that I'm going to be alone afterwards.

I think that I actually saw The Ring II, or whatever the sequel was. I just looked at a review of Ringu, and the picture from the trailer alone creeped me out. I scared myself!

Akiko
December 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
I like B-grade horror movies. I haven't seen a lot of Japanese horror movies. In fact, I think that I've only seen The Ring (Ringu). I thought it was kind of funny. Sorry. Didn't scare me. OK, maybe a little. Boo!

Oh, the Ringu did not scare you? Maybe it's OK for me to watch. Hmmm. I am debating. I like B-grade horror and Sci-Fi movies, like the original FLY, Blob (Steve McQueen) and Tremors.:eyebrows:

Cantabile
December 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM

It is weird! Especially the hair-obsessed man who was keeping the corpse! I guess he supplied most of the humor in the movie :rolleyes: Especially in that scene I vaguely remember - where he was disco-dancing in a wig made from her hair. That sounds disturbing, but it was amusingly odd. Such an oddball film, really :laugh:

Magicknthenight
December 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
I am watching the trailer. I really have to see this. wow it bleeds that's weird...

Loviatar
December 23rd, 2008, 05:05 AM
From the plot summary:
"Yuko (Chiaki Kuriyama) is a young wannabe hair stylist apprenticing at the Gilles de Rais hair salon."

Yeah, I'd take a job at a hair salon named after a notorious murderer, too! :spitting:

I wonder if that's next door to the Marquis de Sade manicurists' and the Hannibal Lecter Steak House? ;)

Lady Verity
December 23rd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Genius!

I wonder if that's next door to the Marquis de Sade manicurists' and the Hannibal Lecter Steak House?

:rollin: