PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on possible oil

Rebelkat
December 20th, 2008, 08:16 PM
:hmm:I was at the local dollar store the other day when I found something that caught my eye and actually might use on my hair. I've been looking for an oil (or combination of them) to use on my hair that is easy to get and not particularly expensive. It is called Africa's Best Ultimate Herb Oil and when I read the ingredients there weren't any alcohols, cones, or anything of the like. I want to get some opinions from people on here to see if it sounds safe to use. The ingredients are listed here: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100235&id=prod11827#ingredient. Since it was only $2 if it turns out not to be safe to use it's no big loss, but if it IS safe, then it's a MAJOR win! Please let me know what you think.

Kirin
December 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I wrote a review on it in the reviews section on the top bar. You can check there for my findings. The oil is very good to use, I've had no problems with it, and its a great "starter oil" that is affordable.

OhioLisa
December 20th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Safe? Yes. I personally found it to be way too heavy for me, so I can't really recommend it. But your results may vary.

DragonLady
December 20th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I use it everyday, and love it. A tiny bit goes a very long way, but it does wash out easily with plain conditioner if you overdo it.

Indigosails
December 21st, 2008, 06:44 AM
I use this and like it. After shampooing I towel dry and then rub 2 drops between my palms and then gently pull my hands down the last 9 inches or so of my hair.

AJoifulNoise
December 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
I used it for a while. It was the first oil I ever bought for my hair. And it worked okay. I passed my bottle on to a friend as her first oil. I prefer coconut.

vividdreamer
December 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I posted a post almost just like yours when I first joined here because I didn't have any other oils yet. I used the Africa's Best a few times, and it worked pretty well. I've since moved on to coconut and shea butter, but I think that as a starter oil you picked a good one!

SHELIAANN1969
December 22nd, 2008, 07:22 AM
I like it, but they add a fragrance that to me, is overwhelming. It smells like baby oil, sometimes I will mix it in with another leave in because the smell is too much for me.

Other than that, it's pretty good. I had some dry, scaley, scalp skin (say that real fast three times, haha) and I applied it directly to the dry patch before bed, yes, my hair was greasy, but by morning, the dryness was mostly gone.

Cantabile
December 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
It looks just fine. The ingredients all look hair-friendly and safe. :thumbsup;