PDA

View Full Version : HAIRCUT OMG YAY! (I'm being nice here too)

akurah
December 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I originally wanted to post: "aku cut off two feet of hair" in the title (for the shock value, cause my sense of humor is morbidly cruel) but I was told I'd likely get crucified and/or beaten for being so mean, so. I'm being a good girl. And when I'm not grinning like a complete retard I have a VERY faint resemblence to Lucy Lawless in her Xena days.

ps. Am I the ONLY person on this board who goes to a hair salon (even the cheap ones, like "Cost Cutters") and actually leaves the place silly-happy with the results? I swear I think I'm the only one who posts "YAY CUT!" threads... Ahem.

I take horrid pictures when I'm grinning like a fool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/akurah/hair/PC200091a.jpg

She did literally cut two feet off of my bangs, but she didn't even take half an inch off the length, as you can see here... btw, I'm guessing "waist" for me is somewhere between my thumbs and the bottom of my hands, so I'm arguably "I can almost call this waist" OR as much as four or five inches off. :happydance:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/akurah/hair/PC200093a.jpg

And in reverse chronological order, my length gains, cause I feel like bragging and what and I rarely do that except in me bloggie:
May 15, 2008
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=542&pictureid=12351

Oct. 23, 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/akurah/hair/oct23-2007.jpg

Islandgrrl
December 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Hey, all that matters is that you leave the salon happy! Good for you.

I like the fringe, and the length looks great!

EvaSimone
December 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Looks nice Akurah! The bangs are cute, what made you decide to get them?

BTW once I learned how to properly explain what I wanted to a stylist I have always left hair salons happy. So you aren't the only one. I just think the "OMG my stylist hacked my knee length hair to APL!!" threads cause a bit more of a ruckus.

Darkhorse1
December 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Nice job!! Love your smile! You look so happy!! :)

squiggyflop
December 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
im glad you are happy.. hmm its never uccured to me to have my bangs cut at a salon.. whenever i want bangs i just grab the front section twist and take a razor to it.. i suppose its alot more difficult for blunt bangs.. ive never attempted them because i know that i would mess up plus they would look bad with my waves.. my bangs are always flippy.. way to go girl that stylist gave you nice blunt bangs! and they look great with the straightness of your hair..

akurah
December 20th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Well, I want a hime cut, but I figured it might be prudent to actually try bangs before I actually take any sort of significant plunge on the whole multi-face-framing-layers crapola.

I'm very pleased with the results, and I'll probably go forward with the chin-length layers at some point. Eventually.

I'm sure I'll get around to it. I'm just soooo lazy though.

Speckla
December 20th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Very cute bangs. Love the color. Yeah for you. I usually leave JC Penny's happy with the results from a cut or trim.
________
EXTREME Q (http://extremevaporizer.info)

LutraLutra
December 21st, 2008, 03:13 AM
Yup, those bangs are looking good. :)

rymorg2
December 21st, 2008, 03:59 AM
Good for you! Nice hemline!

I'll say the same thing I always say, even with my clients at work (I'm a stylist and manage the salon too).....You can go somewhere like CostCutter and get at good cut or somewhere like your local salon/spa and get a bad cut. It all depends on the PERSON not where you go. I'm glad you're happy. :D:cheese:

Chrissy
December 21st, 2008, 05:27 AM
I'm glad you're happy! For me however whenever I sit in a salon chair I'm nervous the whole time. So many people don't know how to deal with my hair. Now I'm just growing it back so I won't have to do that for awhile!!!

lora410
December 21st, 2008, 05:37 AM
your are :rockerdud them bangs and blunt hemline. Beautiful smile btw

lapushka
December 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Your bangs look great. When you said 2 feet, I thought you'd cut all your hair at first. What a relief to see you didn't.

spidermom
December 21st, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm glad you had a good experience. I usually do as well. In all my years, I've only had 2 bad experiences, and one of them was most probably my fault. I asked to have 1/2 inch removed, and then I babbled on about how I didn't want to keep my layers and planned to get the bottom trimmed until the length was blunt again. So she cut away half the length difference - 2 inches.

Dreamernz
December 22nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
Lol glad you have found a hair salon/stylists that make you hair happy! :D:D:D

Henitsirk
December 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Yay for haircut happiness!

I always get El Cheapo haircuts at places like Supercuts, because all I ever want is the ends trimmed. If I could convince hubby to do it, I wouldn't have to spend the $10 :-)

Curlsgirl
December 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Wow, I love them Akurah!!! Very pretty!!!

invisiblebabe
December 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I learned something new today because of you! Now I know what a hime cut is, haha.

Bangs work very well on you :)

AnneAdeline
December 26th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Looks great! You can really pull off bangs.
I've always had good luck with my hair stylist. I've been seeing her since I was about 8, and she always does exactly what I want.