PDA

View Full Version : Head hair type, and degree of lash curl?

Áine
March 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I have always wondered the correlation between head hair type (1a - 4c), and the degree of curl of the eyelash hair. I just want to get an idea if it even correlates at all.

In respective order: Stick straight; Slight curl; Curly; Very Curly

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4050/446085264c589d34ce0lq5.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4600/mintesaprofile1uk3.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7228/longeyelasheswe2.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/919/fmakeuplook0ma2fc1b21zv7.jpg

CurlyNinja
March 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Ha! I never thought about this before, but my eyelashes are Curly/VeryCurly and my hair is 3A.

Áine
March 25th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I am 2b and my lashes are Curly.

OhioLisa
March 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM
2a and curly lashes. Interesting thread! :)

freznow
March 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Honestly never have I thought about this! I'm a 1b with an ever so slight curl to my lashes.

Sarahmoon
March 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
My upper lashes are slightly to moderately curly, the lower lashes moderately to very curly. My hair is 1b.

Faepirate
March 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
My lashes are slightly curly - also quite SHORT, grrr... And my hair type is 2b/2c (leaning towards 2c nowadays).

Isilya
March 25th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Curly eyelashes and 2a hair for me.

Unnamed
March 25th, 2008, 01:27 PM
1a, and eyelashes are slightly curly closer to my nose, and are moderately curly (or more) toward the side. ETA: I voted moderately, as my lower lashes are even curlier, and even the slight bits are somewhere between 'slight' and 'moderate'.

eadwine
March 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Moderate for me :)

Jae6
March 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM
i have 1C/2A-C hair, but my lashes are stick straight.

i know i've never seen a person w/ type 4 hair w/ stick straight lashes. y'think they exist?

Áine
March 25th, 2008, 01:48 PM
i have 1C/2A-C hair, but my lashes are stick straight.

i know i've never seen a person w/ type 4 hair w/ stick straight lashes. y'think they exist?

Well, I never say "never". There is so much human diversity that it may just be possible. I have a very good family friend of mine who is Ghanian and Korean, her hair is about 3c/4a (I'm guessing), and she has only a slight curl to her lashes. Not stick straight, but not a combo most people see often. This is how I got the idea for the thread, BTW. :D

My own theory, is that I think there are some of the same genes that control the curliness of hair all over the body, and maybe some few genes that are eye lash specific. Who knows?

kwaniesiam
March 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
My hairtype is in my profile and I have slightly curly lashes, average side of thickness. Sometimes I wear mascara but it tends to bother my eyes.

DotDotDot
March 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
3b with slightly curly lashes.

Xanthippe
March 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Slightly curly on both my head and my lashes. :)

cuddledumplin
March 25th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I voted moderately curly.

Leisha
March 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I have 1c (maybe 1c/2a) hair and my lashes are quite straight. I'm doubting between "stick straight" and "slightly curly"... they have a very very very slight curl so I think they could qualify for both :lol: I think I will vote stick straight.

Requiax
March 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
2c, slightly curly lashes. My daughter is 1b with very curly lashes, though.

Lillian
March 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm a 1b with straight lashes.

florenonite
March 25th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I've got moderately curly lashes, and 2a hair. Interestingly, the curlier bits of my hair (the ringlets around my temples) are closer to my lashes, so it's the hair closest to my face that's curliest.

Áine
March 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Interestingly, the curlier bits of my hair (the ringlets around my temples) are closer to my lashes, so it's the hair closest to my face that's curliest.

Hmm... you might be on to something. Perhaps a better question might be:

How closely do your hairline and nape hairs resemble the curl of your lashes?

A very interesting thought indeed.

Anlbe
March 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
1c and very curly lashes.
Also head hair doesn't grow that long/fast but lashes do.

Neoma
March 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM
My hairtype is in my profile. My eyelashes are long and perfectly straight. I've had a number of people tell me how long they are and how pretty they would be if I would only curl them. Well, like my hair, if I curl them, the curl falls out in short order. I've tried heated eyelash curlers, curling mascara... Estee Lauder makes one mascara that makes them look every so slightly curved.

Straight hair, straight lashes.

snowbird
March 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hair is a very curly 3b, lashes are I suppose 'moderately' curly, nothing to write home about. neat question- I had never thought of it before. My eyebrows aren't very curly either- though are eyebrows often curly <ponders these questions>

HairColoredHair
March 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Hair is 1a maybe slightly verging on 1b (well, I like to imagine so). My eyelashes are very slightly curved (and thin, invisible, and I have basically no bottom lashes...)

zift
March 25th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I have 2c hair and while my upper eyelashes are slightly curly near my nose and moderately curly on the edges,my lower ones are very curly all over. I selected slightly curvy as that's what I thought before seeing your pictures and checking out the mirror.
And that's one interesting thread!:thumbsup:

DecafJane
March 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I have very curly lashes and very curly eyebrows. My hair has strong waves and some ringlets when it is longer, but it isn't super-curly! :o
No kidding, I need to trim my eyebrows as well as pluck them, they are wild and get a lot of curl, and grow in spirals. Small spirals - I'm not a complete freak! I just inherited my Dad's hair and eyebrows. But I am a brunette lady, and he's blonde. It isn't fair. :P

Cricket
March 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I voted slightly curly, even though slight curve would have fit better. With 1a hair, I'm going to make myself feel good by saying that I have curl in my eyelashes.

artemis
March 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I had to check in the mirror because I honestly didn't know how much my eyelashes curl, but I'll say that they are slightly curled and my hair is 2a.

Angellen
March 25th, 2008, 09:33 PM
My lashes are pretty darn straight until they get about .3" (.75 cm) long. By the time they hit terminal length (.6" or 1.5 cm), they are moderately curly. I have 1b/1c hair.

Vela
March 25th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I have 2b hair and my eyelashes are straight till the end where they curve upwards. They used to be very curly, but mascara has straightend them out, and now I can tell that their long! (Is it good or bad if someone asks you where you got the fake eyelashes when their real? XP )

MadHatter
March 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Stick straight hair and stick straight (and short) lashes.

addikted
March 26th, 2008, 03:51 AM
1a/1b hair and stick straight eyelashes here. I once read about a cosmetic procedure called eyelash implants, basically, they graft some of your hair taken from the back of your head on your lashline. The idea is to have longer, more lush lashes.

I have often thought that this would only work if that person had relatively straight or only slightly wavy hair. What would happen if that person had 4a hair for example? And how would they ensure that the new 'eyelashes' would curl in the right direction?

HairColoredHair
March 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM
1a/1b hair and stick straight eyelashes here. I once read about a cosmetic procedure called eyelash implants, basically, they graft some of your hair taken from the back of your head on your lashline. The idea is to have longer, more lush lashes.

I have often thought that this would only work if that person had relatively straight or only slightly wavy hair. What would happen if that person had 4a hair for example? And how would they ensure that the new 'eyelashes' would curl in the right direction?

Perm the replacement hair first, maybe?

hrimfaxi
March 26th, 2008, 05:02 PM
2c/3a hair for me, and moderately? curly lashes...

jel
March 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Slightly curly eyelashes, slightly wavy hair! ;)

Islandgrrl
March 26th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I've got slight curl to my lashes. Not that you'd ever notice. They're transparent.

Anje
March 26th, 2008, 09:01 PM
1c/2a and my lashes have a slight curl to them.

Oh, and I'd rank my DH as a 2c/3a, I think, and I'd say his lashes are moderately curly.

Starr
March 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
My lashes are very ironically straight- pin straight and very short and sparse. *Sigh*

Not cool.

psvzum
March 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Interesting thread! I'm 2C/3A and have stick straight eyelashes : )

Bucatini
March 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
2b-ish with straight long lashes like snuffleupagus that i have to curl and mascara in order to see properly.

BrianaFineHair
March 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM
My lashes are stick straight, average length, but course, thick, and black! If only my hair were as thick and course as my eye lashes!!!

I don't need mascara on my lower lashes at all and I only need a little lengthening mascara on the upper lashes - tips only.

ChocoholicBec
March 28th, 2008, 04:57 AM
My head hair is 1c/2a/2c (depends on whether it's brushed or unbrushed - it's 1c/2a when brushed, and when unbrushed, although still only really 2a, has some spiral curls) and my eyelashes are long and have a slight curl.

I've never thought of head hair and eyelashes having a relation in curliness, but now I think about it, it seems to be the case, at least for me!

Michiru
April 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
I have fine hair with only a slight wave and before I lost my eyelashes they were very thick and curly. I always looked like I had mascara on and and just curled my lashes.

girlcat36
April 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
3a with stick straight lashes. I must curl them every day. I can go without make-up, but not without my eyelash curler!

longhairedfairy
April 6th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Mine are slightly curly and my hair is a bit wavy.

jesamyn
April 6th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Very interesting poll! I'm 2b-ish with medium curly lashes. I've never felt the need to curl them, as they seem to stand up enough on their own. Conversely, my ex had stick-straight hair and some of the curliest lashes I have ever seen.

Riot Crrl
April 6th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I have never really noticed my eyelash curl in relation to other people's. They must be curly since they poke me right in the eye half the time. I probably lose more eyelash hairs than head hairs, just from attempting to preen them out of sticking in my eyeball.

Ever had a grey eyelash that got all kinky? That's always fun.

It kind of makes me not sure that greying can't be reversed though, because I used to get those years ago and haven't for a long time. (Probably just jinxed it, haha.) I do however still have pigmented eyelashes that go in funky directions, and my head hair has continued to grey.

ilovelonghair
April 6th, 2008, 05:19 AM
My upper lashes are curly and lower ones very curly. My hair is slightly wavy (this is changing lately, I had some spirals last week)
My partner has quite curly hair, curly lashes and even a bit of a curly eyebrows if he doesn't trim them!

moon-flower
April 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I have 1a hair, and very straight lashes. In fact, we had to draw our eyes up-close in Art class. And others copied our teachers eye structure (tracing?) But I drew mine like they were, and mine were very straight while others were curled. Mine were harder to draw straight, cause they went into the iris and pupil when I drew.

UP Lisa
April 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
My hair is 2a, and my lashes are straight.

Rain
April 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Curly hair, moderately curly lashes. I tried a lash curler once or twice and my lashes looked exactly the same before and after.

Lizbot
April 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Wavy hair with moderately curly lashes.

I had a similar response to curlers, Rain. It was just pointless.

tiny_teesha
April 7th, 2008, 01:07 AM
My eldest sister has about 2a hair and curly thick lashes. They are short though.
My other sister is a 3a and she has loooong very-curly lashes.
I put myself down for slightly curly lashes im a 2b

artemisjade
April 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Straight as straight can be. *sigh*

Elizabeth
April 10th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I voted slightly curly. My hair type is in profile.

Very interesting question.

rhubarbarin
April 10th, 2008, 08:00 PM
My lashes only have the slightest curl, and my hair is 2c/3a.

Laululintu
April 11th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I have slightly curly lashes, and 1b hair. Though the outermost lashes in both eyes are straighter than the rest of them...

CotM
April 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
4 a or b, moderately curly eyelashes.

flapjack
April 20th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I have eyelashes just like my hair and I never even thought of this until you brought it up! Long and straight for both lashes and hair. Not any curl anywhere. I think this might have to do with my ethnicity... I'm mostly slavic with a bit of han chinese.

flapjack
April 20th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Boo on not being able to edit.

Has anyone noticed anything about direction of eyelashes? Mine come out at a 45 degree angle, so they actually go down a bit and you can see them from looking at the front. They definitely don't go straight out, although the hairs themselves are completely straight. I think most people's go straight outward at 90 degrees because without mascara, you can't see them from the front, usually.

Loviatar
April 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Oops. I voted Slightly, but after a look at the pictures posted by the OP, I have to go with Moderately. Sorry for the mess-up!

Saranne772
June 2nd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Very curly lashes (and thick and long-when Ive not pulled them out :rolleyes: ) and type 2a/2b hair.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Saranne772/eyes-1.jpg

Melisande
June 2nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
1 a/b hair and very straight, thinnish lashes. I curl them before I put on mascara, and pamper them with oil at night... hoping to make them a bit more visible.

AutumnLeaves
June 2nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Super curly hair leaning towards frizz; stick straight lashes.

hurricane_gia
June 2nd, 2008, 06:00 AM
I have 2b hair and a slight curve to my lashes.

FrannyG
June 2nd, 2008, 06:03 AM
I have stick-straight very fine hair. My eyelashes stick straight, not-too-long and also very fine.

I'm so glad they invented mascara!

goldenwaves
June 2nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
I'm 2b with moderately curly lashes. This is actually quite an interesting thread! Good idea!

tiny_teesha
June 2nd, 2008, 06:21 AM
mine have the slightest curve, but from the front you really can't really see them. They aren't very long, and they aren't very thick. My eldest sister is 2b C/M iii and she has short thick curly lashes, and my youngest is 3b, M/F and ii and she has really long curly eyelashes. I wonder if the length goes with the terminal length of hair? the longer the lashes the longer the Terminal hair length??? Or if lg hair works like that?

mira-chan
June 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
2b hair type and slightly curly lashes.

Sakura07
June 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I have never thought of this before now. But i've got very curly lashes and 3c/ 4a hair.

SeaPhoenix
June 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM
1b/1c with moderately curly lashes :-)

MsSunshine
September 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I have never thought of this before! My hair is wavy and my lashes are moderately curly.

Agnes Hannah
September 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hi my eyelashes are long and curly! They bat my glasses lenses! i use mascara, but not too much. I don't use falsies as mine are often longer than most. I know I am really lucky there. My hair type is 1a/b probably. Thought it was 1a but now I've started air drying, there is a little wave...

0xalis
September 22nd, 2013, 01:26 AM
I have wavy hair and my eyelashes are actually curly! I never thought about that before

Foxylocks
September 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
My hair is 1c/2a and my eyelashes are slightly curled.

restless
September 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Fascinating thread :) 2b/2c hair and stick straight eyelashes here.

HintOfMint
September 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
I have hair that ranges across the 2s, and I have pretty curly eyelashes. Eyelash curlers do absolutely nothing for me.

chen bao jun
September 23rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Well, I never say "never". There is so much human diversity that it may just be possible. I have a very good family friend of mine who is Ghanian and Korean, her hair is about 3c/4a (I'm guessing), and she has only a slight curl to her lashes. Not stick straight, but not a combo most people see often. This is how I got the idea for the thread, BTW. :D

My own theory, is that I think there are some of the same genes that control the curliness of hair all over the body, and maybe some few genes that are eye lash specific. Who knows?

I am 3c (maybe some 3B in there, hair type seems be 'changing' as I'm in LHC longer) and my lashes are VERY moderately curly, though i definitely wouldn't say stick straight.
I am not biracial but I am very much multi generational mixed race.
My husband has curlier hair than me, 4a definitely at least and he also does not have curly eyelashes. He's not appreciably mixed race. Our children also do not have curly eyelashes and neither does my mother who is probably a 4C. Her eyelashes are somewhat curlier than mine, but you wouldn't say 'curly'.
At the risk of TMI, I can also say that I have curly hair nowhere else on my body than on my head. Slightly wavy at best. My husband does, though. I don't know about anybody else.
I know I have seen people with much less hair curl than me with very much curlier lashes, though I can't think of a specific person that I know off hand. My guess would be that it's separate genes.
Like blue eyes and dark skin. Though usually you see darkskinned (African descent) people with dark brown or black eyes, in places where there is extensive racial mixing, you see blue-eyed dark skinned people or people with 4c naturally blond hair enough to think that the two things can't be linked, though its not common to see certain things together.

Macaroni
September 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Stick straight hair, stick straight lashes.

FuzzyBlackWaves
September 24th, 2013, 06:37 AM
1c/2a and I have very curly eyelashes.

clioariane
September 24th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I have stick-straight lashes and 1b hair.

silver curls
September 24th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I have stick-straight lashes and 2c/3a curls.

sweetinlace
September 25th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I'm a 2c/3a with short slightly curved eyelashes. I wish they were longer.

Emanuelle
September 26th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I have 2b/2c/3a/3b (mostly 3a) and my lashes are very curly! And super long! I always get comments on that! And they constantly tangle up! When make up artists do my make up they always have to use a lash comb to make it look somewhat organized :P

Rosetta
September 26th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Very slightly curly lashes (more like a slight curve than curl, but that wasn't an option here ;)), and 1a/b hair.

Astraea
September 26th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mainly super coily curls and super curly, long, thick eyelashes. I'm talking full-on, 'C' curve, backward bend to the lash. Even my eyebrows are really curly, Lol! It used to be a hassle with MU transferring from my upper and lower lids to my lashes and ultimately my eyes - but now I use better setting products.

Natalina
September 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM
My hair is 2b/2c/1b. My eyelashes are slightly curled on the ends only.

LAG93
September 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I have almost stick straight hair but with some waves/ curls around my ears and nape, especially in humidity ;P
But I have very curly eyelashes! I've never used an eyelash curler...they are thick long curly and pretty dark, I wear a simple Clinique mascara that I've been using since I started wearing makeup, I love it because it adds just a little bit of color and keeps the curl from smashing if I rub my eyes

wandlimb
September 27th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Tiniest bit of a curl on eyelashes and 1c hair. Sounds about right.

MissAlida
September 27th, 2013, 03:54 AM
I'm 2c/3a, more on the 3a side since I've cut my hair to a bob. My lashes are slightly curly. Off topic: For those of you who want longer lashes, give drinking rooibos tea a shot. It made my lashes longer. Not sure on it's effect on my hair tough.

rose313
September 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Slightly curly and 2a/2b.

littlemonster
September 27th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I'd say slight or moderate (go to very curly with any mascara, which is good) and I'm 2a, maybe 2b.

DreamWalker
September 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I have 1c hair (although when it was shorter it was a lot wavier, borderline curly at times) and moderately curly lashes. Everyone always assumes I wear mascara, even though I never do. It's quite nice :)

catasa
September 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
2b-3a hair, and moderately curly lashes. Interesting thread! :)

Savvyhorsez
September 29th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Stick straight eyelashes here.

keyblade
October 25th, 2014, 09:55 PM
1a-1b, really curly eyelashes

Beckstar
October 25th, 2014, 10:41 PM
3a/b and my lashes are very straight and invisible

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 07:19 AM
I'm a 2a and I got slightly curly lashes.

Begemot
November 3rd, 2014, 03:09 PM
My lashes are very straight, long but not thick so basically same as my hair :D

RainbowBowser
November 3rd, 2014, 09:20 PM
my lashes go slightly upwards but mostly straight.

cherrybird
November 3rd, 2014, 09:27 PM
Lashes curl up slightly when they are longer. They are not usually very long :P

Enrapture
November 4th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I am 2b and have a (probably?) slight lash curl. :)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7531/15090656134_6819fffedf_n.jpg

lapushka
November 4th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I am 2b and have a (probably?) slight lash curl. :)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7531/15090656134_6819fffedf_n.jpg

I'm around 2b, and my lashes look like that, maybe slightly more curl. Don't everyone's lashes kinda look the same, though?

amanda_the_tall
November 4th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I'm 2a/b and the outside edges of my lashes curl completely around onto themselves... The rest are a mixture of curly and straight. The left eye has more straight ones...

Enrapture
November 4th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I'm around 2b, and my lashes look like that, maybe slightly more curl. Don't everyone's lashes kinda look the same, though?

I think that lashes are not curled the same everyday. I think it depends a lot on the way I'm sleeping at night. If I sleep with my face more to the pillow, I kinda unintentionally curl them by having them in an upward position. :D Even after shower they are curlier - after patting my face with a towel they stay curled up. Maybe everyone has similar eyelashes, but various external factors make everyone's lashes different ?

Rowdy
November 4th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I am 2c/3a and my eyelashes are longer and slightly curly. However, my fiancé is 1a/1b and has the longest and curliest eyelashes I have ever seen on another human.

minaa
November 5th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I have a slight curl, but noticeable. :) I'm 1b.

fiđrildi
November 5th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Slightly curly, and I'm naturally 2a.