PDA

View Full Version : The Hair Video Thread

Red Jezebel
December 20th, 2008, 05:59 AM
We have a fair number of individual threads regarding hair videos, by members and non-members, from hair style how-tos to montages of length pics (like Victorian pics), etc.

What I thought would be nice, would be to have this thread that people can post their links, and maybe I could update this first post with these links (if I'm able to do that, if not, then this is completely pointless! ;) I'm sure the mods wouldn't want another job!).

Section headings could be:
Bun Videos
Braid Videos
Other Updos
Hair care Videos (combing, detangling, oiling, moisturising, etc)
Length/Growth Videos
Silly Hair VideosEntries would be structured:
Name/topic of Video (associated LHC thread if there is one) by LHC member name / YouTube Name (if not a LHC member).Then we could also have a list of:
Recommended equipment
Recommended editing softwareAnd finally, links to posts with great tips regarding videoing of hair, from positioning of video camera in relation to you and mirror when doing how-tos to lighting, to what's worked for you and what hasn't.

Any thoughts if this is a good idea? If so who wants to start off giving some links? :) And which forum should this be in? :ponder:

(Eep. Who else feels tripidation at starting these types of The xxxx Thread?)

SolSara
December 26th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I think this is a great idea! :) Always when I'm bored I search for new hair videos, this would help a lot. :)

eadwine
December 26th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to put the videos with the descriptions of various updos that are already in the articles?

trolleypup
December 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Just remember that anyone on the internet can see anything posted here.

Cinnamon Hair
December 27th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Ok I'll play. Physicschick has already compiled a list of instructional updo videos here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8235) but I haven't seen a list for any other types of hair videos.

Here is a detangling/combing video I made.

Combing/Detangling Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7ygWqg9n0) by Cinnamon Hair