PDA

View Full Version : Recognizing someone by the back of their head/hair

VanillaTresses
December 19th, 2008, 08:51 AM
You know you have been hanging around LHC too long when you start recognizing real life friends and family by the back of their head/hair! I swear it is a skill that LHCers take to a whole new level! :rolleyes:

The other day E and I were in the food court and I looked over yonder to see a familiar hairline-- I was like "Is that J?" Sure enough, we went over there and it was. :)

noelgirl
December 19th, 2008, 12:19 PM
And conversely, people do the same to you! Or almost - one time, a friend of mine watched a movie that I was an extra in, and she was so sure that she saw me in this one scene because surely I must have been the only extra with hair like mine . . . but it was someone else!

NebraskaChick84
December 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM
LOL I'm like that too. I can NEVER remember what people are wearing but I can sure remember their hair!

my sister loves me because I can always tell when she's had a haircut or coloring.

annielauri
December 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
When my hair is short, I have a very distinctive hair line in back. It all whooshes to one side. I was out for breakfast one day and heard someone holler my last name. It was a lady that I had lived across the alley from when I was 4 yrs old!! This was about 9 yrs ago. and I was 37 yrs old at the time!

YogaGirl59
December 20th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I did sort of the opposite one day power walking at the track. My friend and I were admiring a woman ahead of us with gorgeous waist-length curly hair. We were so totally focused on her hair that I was surprised when she turned around and I realized it was my cousin! We have very similar hair, so it kind of gives me an idea of how mine will look at that length. Yes, it was a duh moment.

AnneAdeline
December 20th, 2008, 10:04 AM
My friend has almost-hip gorgeous 3b hair (oh, how I envy!). When she wears it down, it's very easy to spot her in a crowd.
I have found myself really noticing people's hair after joining LHC.

Dreamernz
December 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
OK, finally I can tell people my story, I was best friends with this girl in primary school, there was no further contact when I had to move school and I was sure that I would never see her again, several years later and it's the first day of secondary school (year 7) my friend coincidentally ended up going to this same school and recognized me without even seeing my face, that's right, she recognized me by my hair!!!!!!!:D:D:D

flapjack
December 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
I've always been recognized by my backside, apparently... hahaha. I've always been puny with super long straight hair so I guess this makes me easy to spot.

Suitsuki
December 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
I recognize people by their hair all the time and usually forget about their faces :D