PDA

View Full Version : Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion with Cassia Seed!?

Jeni
December 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
So I get Allure each month (beauty mag for people who don't know), it's a guilty pleasure. I find it fun to read about make-up, skin products, clothes even if I (a) wouldn't pay that much for stuff and (b) would only fit into these clothes after being dead for 3 months.

So anyway there is a section called "Free Stuff" where they list new product to be released. Pretty much the first 500 people who sign up on a certain day/time get one of these for free.

This month I was looking and to my surprise I see Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion on the list. It doesn't give a lot of info but it does say

"loaded with cassia seed (a plant used medicinally in India), avocado, and grape seed extracts, this duo moisturizes and defrizzes"

Now I'm sure "loaded" probably isn't much, like the royal jelly in the L'oreal (?) s and c. I'm also pretty sure it has a ton of man made stuff (cons, sulfates and more) in it as well. I'm not even sure how/if cassia in a shampoo or conditioner (in any amount) would be useful. I just found it interesting. Maybe someone at the company is doing their homework/ internet searches...

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Pantene but I am. I'll probably try it when it comes out but then I am a product junkie who loves her cons and sulfates.

Just wondering what people think.

CindyLea1
December 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
OH! I might just have to keep an eye out for this one. I've been meaning to try cassia. Maybe if this works, I'll have to spring for the real thing.

CindyLea

goodenough
December 18th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I've been curious about Pantene--since I use cones anyway (Dove). Does anyone use it and love it?

Jeni
December 18th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I've been curious about Pantene--since I use cones anyway (Dove). Does anyone use it and love it?

I use the conditioner alot and really like it. I like thick creamy conditioner (like Dove too), I find Pantene conditioners great for rinsing out henna and combating the icky post henna/cassia hair (Don't have to use a 1/2 a bottle like I did with cone free stuff). I don't stick with pantene because I have product ADD (I currently have 5 different conditioners and 4 shampoos in my shower, yes I do have a problem) not because I don't like it. I always go back to Pantene, in fact I'm using it now. I don't use the shampoo as much, no idea why, I liked it just fine...

If you and your hair like cones then give it a try.

CindyLea1- I highly recomend cassia, it has made my hair feel great! Like everything not everyone likes the results of corse but its worth a try.

Buddaphlyy
December 18th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Which issue is it? I read Allure every month too, but I may have missed the December Free Stuff days (I have actually gotten something from them before though) because I didn't see Pantene listed.

Jeni
December 18th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Its the Jan 09 one, has Eva Mendes on the cover, it just came in the mail the other day. When you get it tell me, does it seem thinner then normal? I cant find mine from last month but I remember it being bigger.

On a side note- if this is the Jan issue does that mean the Pantene comes out next month as in Jan or February? I would think it means January....

Buddaphlyy
December 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Its the Jan 09 one, has Eva Mendes on the cover, it just came in the mail the other day. When you get it tell me, does it seem thinner then normal? I cant find mine from last month but I remember it being bigger.

On a side note- if this is the Jan issue does that mean the Pantene comes out next month as in Jan or February? I would think it means January....

Okay. I buy from the newsstand so the earliest I will probably be able to get a copy is next Friday. But yeah, depending on the content, the magazine's thickness will vary. I have the last 3 issues and October is the thickest, then December, and November is the thinnest.

If the product is free for January, that means it probably won't be released until February, maybe March.

Jeni
December 18th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Ah, I guess I have just never noticed the thickness before.

So not until February huh, well that sucks. I looked on the pantene website and they don't seem to even mention it,

ktani
December 19th, 2008, 05:24 AM
The new formulation will at some point, be added to this list, which will include the complete ingredient list and details.
http://www.pg.com/company/our_commitment/msds/beauty_care.shtml#6

Cassia seed, interesting!

plainjanegirl
December 19th, 2008, 05:51 AM
I confess I like Pantene too. Currently I have been using Beautiful Length. I don't find it to be quite as good as detangling (the conditioner) compared to when I was using the Dove (in a dark blue bottle), but the Pantene has a better smell. The problem with detangling could also maybe be due to the change in weather. I am looking to add some kind of leave in to my routine to see if that helps. I'll be watching for this new Pantene. Cassia is supposed to be strengthening?

Bandia Rua
December 19th, 2008, 10:31 AM
You know I relate to so many things all you have said in this thread. I have to confesss (which is nuts that we seem to think its some kind of guilty evil thing we are doing) I like pantene quite a lot myself. I think I only ever switch from it because I hold some fear that all those 'nasty things' some people say (like it makes your hair fall out or it contains toxins etc) will finally come true.

But before I go on rambling and rambling in my newest redbook issue, there is an ad for the beautiful lengths stuff that shows some split end mending cream leavein. That has to be one of the things I thought was missing from this line (along with a deep conditioner treatment).

I also looked for info on this product on the pantene website to no avail so I'm thinking it must be coming out 'officially' in the new year.

andrea1982
December 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I have an old version of Herbal essences S&C that has cassia in it. It's the Rainforest flowers one in red bottles. I quite like it on my hair, although it makes my skin itch (I have really sensitive skin, and almost everything P&G makes makes my skin itch)

Buddaphlyy
December 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Here is a link to what the products will look like (bottom right). No official release date for the products from Pantene yet though.

http://www.essence.com/microsites/pantene/product.html

VanillaTresses
December 20th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for that link Buddaphlyy! Hm, it looks interesting. I will probably try it at least once if it smells good.

plainjanegirl
December 21st, 2008, 07:21 AM
So is it supposed to be for AA hair? I read the small print at the top of the page .

Buddaphlyy
December 21st, 2008, 12:29 PM
So is it supposed to be for AA hair? I read the small print at the top of the page .

No, anybody can use any type of Pantene. The Beautiful Lengths range was on the page and it's definitely not targeted at African Americans. The women on the page were winners of a modeling contest and their pictures may be appearing in future Pantene ads, that's all.

plainjanegirl
December 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
No, anybody can use any type of Pantene. The Beautiful Lengths range was on the page and it's definitely not targeted at African Americans. The women on the page were winners of a modeling contest and their pictures may be appearing in future Pantene ads, that's all.

Oh ok I didn't realize they were winners of a contest. I've been using the Beautiful lengths and it's pretty good stuff for me so far.

GnGirl
December 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
It will be on store shelves in Feb 2009.

Anje
December 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Cassia seed? I was under the impression that the cassia we used was ground leaves and shoots...

Olivia23
December 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
My hairdresser told me to stay away from Pantene. She said the conditioner puts some kind of a wax coating on your hair and even though it seems conditioned, she said it really drys it out.

ktani
December 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Cassia seed? I was under the impression that the cassia we used was ground leaves and shoots...

You were ahead of me on that one. It is the leaves that are used for conditioning and colour.

"Senna or senna leaves are actually .... dried leaflets of two species of Cassia: C. senna L., known as Alexandria senna, and C. angustifolia Vahl .... Both plants .... small shrubs of the family Caesalpiniaceae. The former species grows along the Nile in Egypt and Sudan .... latter .... cultivated in southern and eastern India. Some authorities now consider both plants as belonging to a single species, Senna alexandrina Mill.; however .... distinct morphologic and histologic differences between the two species, so this revision .... not widely accepted by pharmacognosists."
http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_senna.htm

I also find it interesting that this thread is moving so fast about a product that is not even out yet.

P&G sure knows how to maket and build anticipation.

I am not familiar with the properties of cassia or senna seeds but I did find this.

“…. active constituents of the pods are similar to those of the leaves but present in larger quantities.”
http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Aktion=ShowAbstract&ArtikelNr=139654&Ausgabe=236486&ProduktNr=224274

ktani
December 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
P&G blind tests - Marketing at its most effective, best.
".... Pantene recently conducted a series of technical and consumer blind tests against top salon brands and the results were .... recently announced: 70% of the women tested agreed – their salon brand didn’t beat Pantene.

New & Improved Products Tested
..... New Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion Shampoos contain Cassia, a naturally derived performance ingredient that helps transform hair to make it softer, shinier and stronger"
http://kiss-and-makeup.blogspot.com/2008/12/hell-bent-for-lather.html

ktani
December 22nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
It looks like the Nature Fusion Line marketing is being aimed at women of colour, partly. It is about time that they focus on multi-ethnic hair care that truly reflects product use. The products are not restricted to just one hair type or ethnicity.

"HAIR
• Pantene Pro-V signed Padma Lakshmi and Stacy London to be the spokespeople for the new Nature Fusion line."
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/10/24/

Buddaphlyy
December 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
It looks like the Nature Fusion Line marketing is being aimed at women of colour, partly. It is about time that they focus on multi-ethnic hair care that truly reflects product use. The products are not restricted to just one hair type or ethnicity.

"HAIR
• Pantene Pro-V signed Padma Lakshmi and Stacy London to be the spokespeople for the new Nature Fusion line."
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/10/24/

I didn't know it was aimed at women of color. I did notice that they seem to have two sets of shampoo and conditioner. I was thinking maybe one for thick hair and one for fine. I guess we'll just have to wait until it comes out to see.

ALenee
February 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
This new Pantene contains a blend of cassia, ginger, calendula and aloe vera.

I came across it at CVS today and had to pick one up and try it! Although this DOES contain dimethicone, it's at the bottom of the ingredient list so it probably isn't much. At least this is what I told myself to justify trying it LOL! :p

It smells great, I just used it and will update with results! :D

***Update*** I love the results of the Pantene! My hair is shiny, soft and very manageable! The scent lingers in my hair and it's quite nice. I will definatly use this again! :eyebrows:

rose_in_bloom
February 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
That's great! I'm so glad it worked for you. :) I saw it too at CVS, and I was soooo tempted to try it. If I didn't already have a million products, I would definitely get it.

Darkhorse1
February 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I love Pantene products. Right now, I'm using Pantene Clarifying shampoo and Loreal Color Vive Pro conditioner. Loving it! But, it's good to know of other conditioners :D

~GypsyCurls~
February 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Sounds good! I bet it smells delish too. I also wonder what percentage of the ingredients are actually natural!

Reila
February 7th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Has anyone tried this yet?

I saw it at shop rite today, read that is has cassia, avacado, and grapeseed oil in it and just had to buy it. I'll report back if it's any good after using it for a week or two!

ktani
February 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM
It is on the P&G list now.

Here are the conditioner ingredients. The cassia is there in the form of a quat, a hair combing aid. see "Section 3".

"Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine,
Cassia Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Calendula
Officinalis Flower Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Panthenol, PanthenylEthyl Ether, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Glutamic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, EDTA,
Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Orange 4."
http://www.pg.com/content/pdf/01_about_pg/msds/beauty_care/haircare/pantene/Pantene_Nature_Fusion_Moisture_Balance_Conditioner _(95783020).pdf

The other links for the line
Pantene Nature Fusion Moisture Balance Shampoo (98861715) (http://www.pg.com/content/pdf/01_about_pg/msds/beauty_care/haircare/pantene/Pantene_Nature_Fusion_Moisture_Balance_Shampoo_(98 861715).pdf)
Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Conditioner (95787316) (http://www.pg.com/content/pdf/01_about_pg/msds/beauty_care/haircare/pantene/Pantene_Nature_Fusion_Smooth_Vitality_Conditioner_ (95787316)_.pdf)
Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Shampoo (95699945) (http://www.pg.com/content/pdf/01_about_pg/msds/beauty_care/haircare/pantene/Pantene_Nature_Fusion_Smooth_Vitality_Shampoo_(956 99945).pdf)
Pantene Nature Fusion Smoothing Creme (95744179) (http://www.pg.com/content/pdf/01_about_pg/msds/beauty_care/haircare/pantene/Pantene_Nature_Fusion_Smoothing_Creme_(95744179)_. pdf)

Jeni
February 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I bought it (conditioner) the other day and have to say I really like it!

The conditioner has a cone (I think just one?) but it isn't as high on the list as most of my other conditioner. This stuff doesn't weigh my hair down as much as other conditioners with more cones but does give me the slip I so desperately need! My hair feels slightly fuller then it did when I was using other Pantene conditioners but I can still detangle it and its just as shiny as it was with heavy cones. If you need heavy cones your hair may not like it since it is lighter on cones (at least to me). I have only been using it for about a week or 2 but so far I love it. Its the best of both worlds, makes my hair fuller and bouncier like cone free but helps with tangles and gives me shine like cone conditioners.

Now if only it would come in bigger containers....

Oh and I have no idea if the amount of cassia/grape seed oil/avocado oil/etc is enough to do any good or even if it can since its not on the hair that long. I'm inclined to think at least with the cassia its not on long enough to do any good but who knows. Doesn't really matter to me really as long as my hair likes it.

LittleOrca
February 7th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I have to agree with you! I also saw this stuff when I was shopping and looking for a conditioner and shampoo that would work better for my hair needs. I gave it a try and my hair felt and looked fantastic. I had a hard time forcing myself to put it up today to get some cleaning work done around the house.

As for the bigger containers, I have seen the large sized containers at Target. They are about twice the size as the thinner "normal" ones. Check there! :)

BlackfootHair
March 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
I bought the smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Lately my hair has been feeling like junk, so I'm really trying to find something to make my hair feel good again.

My hair tangles so bad when it's wet...

The shampoo feels great while I'm washing. It helps all the shedding hair slip out and not tangle. However, when I rinse it out, it doesn't feel super great. It still feels tangled. (this is more likely my hair than the actual product). The conditioner feels great in the hair though. I've only used it twice now. Last night was the first time in the shower. After rinsing the conditioner it didn't feel super slick. It tangled like normal. When it dried it felt really soft though.

Today I washed my hair in the sink using cooler water. (I normally use warmer). My hair didn't feel as bad after the shampoo as yesterday as I was washing it upside down. I have a big handful of conditioner in my hair under a plastic cap right now. I'll leave it on for a bit before rinsing it out. I want soft hair so bad!

It does smell phenomenal! :D

Aisha25
March 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
I just seen the commercial for this an indian woman:wink: Well she is beautiful but I dont know about this. It has a big cone on top xane one and demithicone at the bottom. I wouldnt use it. But wow BFH makes it seem like it smells like heaven:p I want to smell it now too:D

Jeni
March 22nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Yea if your not a cone head these probably aren't for you. There are 2 kinds, one (smoothing) is heavier cone then the other (moister balancing).

I do like the smell better then the regular Pantene.

rose_in_bloom
March 22nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
This stuff looks awesome! The smell is wonderful and reminds me of the scent of body glitter from Bath & Body Works I used to use when I was little...brings back memories. :)

I have coupons for it too, so I can't wait to run out of shampoo so I can try it.

Patrycja
March 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Awesome,so its out now on the market.I haven't seen it yet in my area but I will try it as soon as I do.I'm a proud cone-head but I have to clarify about twice a month.

Jeni
March 23rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Awesome,so its out now on the market.I haven't seen it yet in my area but I will try it as soon as I do.I'm a proud cone-head but I have to clarify about twice a month.

That's weird its not in your area yet, I've been finding it in walmart/target/drug stores since February.

I haven't noticed any build up using this stuff (either kinds) but then I haven't noticed build up with much of anything.

LittleOrca
March 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
I was using this stuff and it was working well, then when I got another bottle of it the conditioner was leaving a residue in my hair that was gross. I tried again the following night, made sure I rinsed my hair completely, and it was the same feeling. I didn't get it, this stuff worked so nice before. I had even tried to do a cleansing shampoo to see if it would help and it didn't.

Jeni
March 24th, 2009, 12:35 AM
uh that's weird. Which conditioner were you using, the balancing or the smoothing? Did you use the same conditioner each time?

That's odd that whatever build up you felt didnt come out with shampoo.

LittleOrca
March 24th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Moisture balance, and I used the same one each time and it was the same as before.

shayly-fyanna
March 24th, 2009, 02:28 AM
I am going to try this product when it comes out. it sounds good. maybe Pantene is trying to be less chemical oriented and more natural with so many people actually trying so many natural products that don't harm the environment. I use Pantene also, the deep repair conditioner, and right now i'm loving it. I went for a long time without using it because my hair got so weighted down with the product i could never get my hair soft, shiny and bouncy with Pantene, but after years of not using it i started again 5 months ago and so far loving it. of course it could be that when i used it before i was washing my hair daily and now i wash and condition sometimes twice a week, sometimes only once a week and sometimes even go for 10 to 15 days without washing. i use Alberto V05 poo and alternate between Pantene deep repair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioners. maybe that is also why my hair does not feel weighted down, because i wash less, use a good poo and alternate between conditioners.

Jeni
March 24th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Moisture balance, and I used the same one each time and it was the same as before.

That's weird, not so much the build up but that it wont go away even with shampoo (you used an SLS one right?).

09robiha
October 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
ive used pantene for a very long time (it was and still is my mums shampoo of choice) and was really excited whlen this came out but tbh i dint find it any differant. I still luv pantene but have been experimenting with no cones and other stuff latley.

x0h_bother
October 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I tried reading through this thread but I'm still confused..Pantene using the cassia SEED will not give the benefits of what LHC calls cassia, derived from the LEAVES, correct?

cocolady
October 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I tried this shampoo and conditioner and I wasn't that impressed. Just a regular shampoo and conditioner. There wasn't much difference for me. Same as any other Pantene shampoo and conditioner.