PDA

View Full Version : That time of year again...no it's not snow!

Kittee
December 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
It's dandruff! :doh:

My husbands scalp is a mess. I shaved his head last night (I know I know..LOL) and I was horrified at how red and irritated his scalp is.

I'm not sure what to do. I read a bit online and picked up a few tips- Jojoba oiling, Coal Tar shampoos,etc...

What else can I do for him? I feel so bad!

I knew he was flaking a lot but until I saw his scalp I had no idea how bad it was. Poor dear must be miserable!

Any other tips?

Lamb
December 18th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Erm... seeing a dermatologist? Sounds like home treatments are of no use any more and his scalp is in a really bad condition. It can be anything from seborrheic dermatitis to fungi - better get it checked out soon.

NebraskaChick84
December 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM
this is going to sound weird but my dh started using conditioner on his scalp and this problem has been almost eradicated. my guess is that his scalp is very dry which is causing it. I have no idea how conditioner helped. I'm confused now :o

Copasetic
December 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Are you sure that it is dandruff? I know some people who think that they have dandruff, and it is actually a dry scalp, or even eczema on the scalp.

Kittee
December 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Not sure, he is going to see a doctor the first of the year, so I will have them check it out then. :)

lora410
December 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I woudl try a mix of neem(careful it's stinky) diluted with oil and try that for a few days.

MandaMom2Three
December 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM
this is going to sound weird but my dh started using conditioner on his scalp and this problem has been almost eradicated. my guess is that his scalp is very dry which is causing it. I have no idea how conditioner helped. I'm confused now :o

I found after going CO my itchy flaky scalp disappeared too :cheese: