PDA

View Full Version : Funny Salon Sight

LaurelSpring
December 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was having dinner with a friend and we walked by a Salon called the very creative name of Salon. In it were two stylists and no custmers. One had very short spiked blue hair and the other had shoulder length spikey layered red and purple hair. It just struck me as so funny. Like exotic birds. We smiled at each other through the window and I thought I can see why there are no customers. It makes you think you would come out of there looking like a parot.

Drynwhyl
December 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Someone may want to come out looking like a parrot ;)

spidermom
December 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Reminds me of a time when I walked into a hair salon spontaneously. One stylist had what was in my opinion a terrible hair cut and color. I said to myself "I don't want her to do my hair." As I sat there, I decided "No, what I mean is that I don't want whoever did her hair to do mine."

It turned out that the stylist with the terrible-looking hair cut my hair. She did a good job.

MadHatter
December 17th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I'd love to try a wild style... But I don't wanna lose my length!

burns_erin
December 17th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Reminds me of a joke I once heard.

~ Two Men ~

An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A young man sat down next to him. The young man had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, blue and yellow. The old man just stared. The young man said, "What's the matter, old timer, never done anything wild in your life?" The old man replied, "Got drunk once (edited) with a parrot. I was just wondering if you were my son."

arylkin
December 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Someone may want to come out looking like a parrot ;)

True. I've always kind of wanted to have blue hair- unfortunately I think it would look terrible with my skin/coloring... Sigh...

I actually think I'd trust a stylist with spiky rainbow hair more than a stylist with the traditional "middle aged woman haircut".

spidermom
December 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM

~ Two Men ~

An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A young man sat down next to him. The young man had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, blue and yellow. The old man just stared. The young man said, "What's the matter, old timer, never done anything wild in your life?" The old man replied, "Got drunk once (edited) with a parrot. I was just wondering if you were my son."

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha; I did enjoy that!

Elenna
December 17th, 2008, 04:22 PM
If I were younger, I might think of blue hair. Blue is my favorite color.

But the colors are eye- catching which is good if you want to attract attention.

ETA: Just thought about blue hair from laundry bluing!

GlassEyes
December 17th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I would probably think they were awesome, actually, as someone who's had a variation of nearly every natural color as well as most unnatural ones.

And honestly, they might think similar things of anyone on here, you know, because we're a bunch of freaks who want hair longer than is considered 'normal'. In some circles, having odd colored hair is much less 'freaky' than having hair down to your butt.

suicides_eve
December 17th, 2008, 04:56 PM

~ Two Men ~

:rollin: rmao!!! i love that one!!!

Oskimosa
December 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Yea, when I was younger I thought it would be a really good idea to go to cosmotology school and open a salon specifically for alternative styles. Too many kids want wild colors and screw their hair all up in search for the brightest blue or.. their hair falls out because they bleach too much. I thought it would be a smart monopoly to have knowledgable staff help people get the styles they wanted at normal prices. Maybe that's what the people there were going for?

prosperina
December 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I would probably think they were awesome, actually, as someone who's had a variation of nearly every natural color as well as most unnatural ones.

And honestly, they might think similar things of anyone on here, you know, because we're a bunch of freaks who want hair longer than is considered 'normal'. In some circles, having odd colored hair is much less 'freaky' than having hair down to your butt.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Just because there weren't any customers doesn't mean people wouldn't go there... I've never had a hair appointment around dinner time either. Although I agree that many people probably don't want parrot hair, but I'd rather have people with highly individualized styles doing my hair then those who all have very similar cookie cutter fashion hair...not that there's anything wrong with following fashion, just personal preference. OTOH, A lot of customers might be freaked out by hair that's too outside the norm.

rapunzhell13
December 17th, 2008, 10:32 PM
No matter what style you have there are going to be some people who think its crap and others who think it's awesome. I personally think bright coloured hair is awesome and at one stage had pink hair myself. I got plenty of compliments, it was a very cute look. Hairdressers are usually expected to be adventurous with their hair. I highly doubt that was the reason the salon was deserted when you saw it.

Starr
December 18th, 2008, 02:27 AM

~ Two Men ~

:spitting:LMAO!:rollin:

That was great.

LutraLutra
December 18th, 2008, 02:35 AM

~ Two Men ~

:laugh: I love it! I know quite a few people who'll like that one.

Yep, that's so true. In my teens I had bleached blonde hair, then fluro pink, bright red, purple, black, black and white stripes, hair shaved at the sides etc. I loved it and never regretted it once. Then I had a super short crop for years, I think in some ways my desire to grow my hair at an age when a lot of women think they should cut is just another one of my hair rebellions.

Comfrey
December 18th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I actually think I'd trust a stylist with spiky rainbow hair more than a stylist with the traditional "middle aged woman haircut".
Me too!
In my time I've had all manner of colours and styles and when I first met the lass who was going to become my hairdresser for the last ten years she had the most amazing blues, greens and reds in her "spiky" hair.

I remember being really depressed at the time and just said to her "do what you like but make me look ten years younger" ........ she did and we laughed so much that day :)

Over the years we've had some fun with our hair and now she's 40 and I'm 50 and I still dont think we've grown up enough for either of us to have "middle aged" hair cuts ;)

LaurelSpring
December 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM

~ Two Men ~

Too funny!!

I was wondering if they thought I was totally boring and frumpy with my braided bun. It was an interesting moment when we just looked at each other and smiled.

wintersun99
December 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM

redtea
December 18th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I also did all kinds of colors and cuts in my late teens. I had a lot of fun with my hair and I'm really glad I got it out of my system before I had to enter the "real" world and tone it down for the workplace (then I just stuck with dying it "normal" colors). Even though I've opted to grow my hair long, I can still really appreciate a good haircut and how great a good haircut and/or color can make a person feel about themselves. I wouldn't really care if someone with wild hair were cutting mine - I might actually trust them more since chances are they might be a little more open minded to my requests. :)

mellie
December 18th, 2008, 09:21 AM
That's funny - and the joke about the old man is great!!

Carina
December 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
LOL no wonder they didn't have any customers looking like that.LOL

SHELIAANN1969
December 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Maybe they really like Jimmy Buffet?

That would be a neat salon, Jimmy Buffet music, parrots, a cocktail tiki bar, ahhhhhhh, how fun!

LaurelSpring
December 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Maybe they really like Jimmy Buffet?

That would be a neat salon, Jimmy Buffet music, parrots, a cocktail tiki bar, ahhhhhhh, how fun!

That crossed my mind too! It really did look tropical in there. That would be a fun salon idea.

~GypsyCurls~
December 18th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I used to have purple hair,and I really loved it! I had to stop doing it since I quit bleaching my hair (too much damage). "Unnatural" hair color hair may not be for everyone, but there is nothing wrong with being different :/

Amara
December 18th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I used to have parrot hair. Loved it. Looked great on me, too. To each their own, yes?

Sissy
December 18th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I sure wouldn't get my hair done there!

Tap Dancer
December 20th, 2008, 04:08 AM
True. I've always kind of wanted to have blue hair- unfortunately I think it would look terrible with my skin/coloring... Sigh...

I always thought pink would be cool. But there's no way I'd ever bleach my dark hair!

And I'd rather have a young, funky stylist too. Just because they have fun with their hair doesn't mean they'll force the same style on you.

Lady Verity
December 20th, 2008, 05:27 AM

~ Two Men ~

Haha! Thanks for the laugh. :D