PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a sudden shedding reaction?

Erin1152
December 17th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I'm having one today!

I'll try and explain. I always get shedding on my wash days. Usually, it's between 15-20 hairs while i'm in the shower. I'm very gentle and i'm not sure what else to do to stop that, so I accepted it.

I usually get in the shower, shampoo my scalp, wash out, then condition all over, leave on for a couple of minutes (I do this because after my boyfriend takes a shower in the morning, there's barely any hot water, so I have no time to stand around and let it sit or i'll freeze!!) Any way, that gets me about 15-20 shed hairs.

Well, this morning, I shampoo'd as usual, then I added some 100% aloe gel to the conditioner and let it sit for about 10 minutes while I sat down in the tub. After that, I didn't turn the shower back on and just used a bowl to keep rinsing it out.

Now, besides having a lot more shed hairs doing this, now whenever I touch my hair or take it in my hands, I lose 1 or two more hairs. I'm not sure what I did wrong...

Anyone have experiences like this?

marajade
December 17th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I have this all the time! I was beginning to think I had a thyroid thing until I went to my doctor and she said everything looked normal. Sorry I couldn't be more help!