PDA

View Full Version : Gaaaahhhh!

Rustella
December 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I want to cut, I want to cut, I want to cut, I want to cut!!!!! :rant:

It has been four months now. I used to get it cut every three months. It's finally at shoulder length, but it's looking kinda funny since the style is for a shorter cut. My HD knows how to dust it and does not take much off, but it's nice to be getting longer again and I would miss every little bit if I got a trim. Here's something new-I have a decent ponytail (no more ponystub), and my once-bangs fit into my ponytail! Whoohoo! Still, it looks pretty sloppy right now and it would be so easy just to call her up for a little trim......

Ok, I can do this. Deeeeep breaths and less looking in the mirror.

:justy:

rapunzhell13
December 16th, 2008, 07:27 PM
No you don't, no you don't, no you don't!

Seriously, don't do it for at least another 2 weeks!

lora410
December 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I try and look at it this way. Growing hair is easier then losing weight. And if you get frustrated instead of eating chocolate you can just put it up. Growing hair isn't easy esp for impatient people like me, but we can do this and so can you.

skydancer7
December 16th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I hereby invoke the 2 week rule!!
Keep it UP and out of the way for at least that long. Do something extra nice for your hair instead, like a nice amla treatment or buy yourself a nice pretty new hairtoy.
After 2 weeks, see how you feel.
You can do it!
support and hugs!
Heidi

DecafJane
December 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Tie it up and keep it up! That is what I do. :)

Cheery
December 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Whenever I get discouraged about growing out my hair, I look at all the gorgeous long locks on this site and other long hair sites. I want my hair to look like that so bad, it motivates me to keep growing it.

Rustella
December 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
2 weeks, yes, I just need to make it two more weeks. I'll try to wear it up but I feel silly wearing it up when it is this short. It doesn't exactly look professional and polished. I guess it could look better up due to this awkward stage. I just wish I could whip it in a bun like I used to. Sigh. I will get there. It will be a while though as I have very thick hair and it has to be pretty long to do anything with it other than a ponytail.

Ok. Now I have to make it two more weeks because you guys said so. Y'all are awesome! :grouphug:

Peter
December 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I agree with the 2 week rule. A few weeks ago I really wanted to cut my hair, and now I'm sooo glad I didn't. :D It happens to everyone, just spend a long while deciding before any major cuts since months/years of hair can be cut in just minutes.

Rustella
December 16th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Yes, that's what I'll do. I'll wait two weeks. In the meantime I'll admire all of the long locks here. A while back I had printed out pictures of two of my hair idols (MadHatter and Toof) to show my HD what kind of hemlines I liked. I can use those as insperation as well. I WILL get through this.

Saying no to a haircut will be easier than saying no to chocolate. :o

Debra83
December 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Just think in two weeks....your ponytail might be more to your liking...and if not...wait two MORE weeks. You'll be amazed and you won't find yourself back at square # two!!! Find a nice hairstyle magazine and flip through and find just the long hair ones you like. Post one on the fridge and keep one in your purse!!! Whenever you feel the urge, take a peek at the pics!!! Good Luck! :cheese:

Rustella
December 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Carrying hair idol pictures around with me is a great idea, thanks!

zen_oven
December 16th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Just chiming in to agree with the others--wait at least two weeks. Don't get me wrong--I'm a horribly impatient person. Seriously. And when I was at the stage you are I wanted to cut all the time. I managed to hold out, though, even though it sometimes sucked. I just made it to APL. So yes, it does get better, it just takes time.

joyjoy
December 16th, 2008, 09:27 PM
If you're looking for something professional -- ie, contained, for your barely-ponytail length hair, here's a couple ideas:

1) If it's not quite long enough for a french twist, you can fake it with the help of a lot of bobby-pins. Part your hair vertically down the back (no need to be precise here). Take the right half, and bring it togetheras if you were putting it in a ponytail in the middle back of your head, then put bobbypins to hold it there, this would be the under, hidden part of the "twist". Do the same thing with the left side, but kind of spreading the pony tail and turning the ends of the hair so they roll under, and use the bobby-pins to hold the hair so this side covers the first side. The shorter the hair and the more layers, the more pins you'll need to hold straggly ends in place. If the bobby-pins start overwhelming the look, get a nice big pretty barrette and smack that on in the middle, to distract the eye.

2) Tails up for a really short ponytail: Put you hair in a ponytail, using a barette. A flexi-8 would be ideal for this. Put the barrette in upside-down, with the pretty side facing the ground. Flip the ponytail up so the ends are against the back of you head, and the pretty side of the barrette is visible. Put another barrette/flexi-8 in to hold the ends down (well, up, really.)

New hairdos give you an excuse to spend time looking for new hairtoys, which should help distract you from thinking of trimming.

Ryanne
December 16th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I agree with the two weeks rule, otherwise you might regret cutting it. Putting it up helps for me.

wintersun99
December 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM