PDA

View Full Version : Blog Subscriptions?

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
We used to be able to subscribe to favorite Blogs (formerly, Journals). Is that still possible.

I am so confused about who can read our blogs. But thus far I think any member can read our blog unless we put them on our Ignore list?

Geesh, I hijacked my own post.

Carolyn
March 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
You can set your blog so that it can only be read by those on your friends/contacts list. I've started subscribing to blogs but I can't remember where the blog subscription list can be found. It's not in with your other subscriptions. I'm so confused too!

MusingFrog
March 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Go to "Blogs", "Blog Control Panel", "Blog Subscriptions". That's where I'm seeing mine.

jessie58
March 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Go to user control panel and look to the left hand side and scroll down that column.

Also you can subscribe the same way that you could on theold board but the pull down menu at the top of the blog.

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM
You can set your blog so that it can only be read by those on your friends/contacts list. I've started subscribing to blogs but I can't remember where the blog subscription list can be found. It's not in with your other subscriptions. I'm so confused too!

OK, I think.

Oh, if you remember how to subscribe to other members' blogs, please let me know. Thanks for stopping by, Carolyn.

jessie58
March 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Upper right menu bar, thread tools, click on it, then pick subscribe to this thread.

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, there are two options for subscription. You can do a regular in-house subscription, as it were, or you can use the RSS feeds for subscribing with an RSS reader.

ladiosaRosa
March 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Go to user control panel and look to the left hand side and scroll down that column.

Also you can subscribe the same way that you could on theold board but the pull down menu at the top of the blog.

Thanks Tessa.....but I don't have that feature like on the old board...the pull down menu. Also, when I go to User CP....the only possible choice is 'List Subscriptions' but when I get there it's Thread subscriptions, not Blog subscriptions.

But......I'm getting closer. Thanks dearie.

Go to "Blogs", "Blog Control Panel", "Blog Subscriptions". That's where I'm seeing mine.

That got me right to it, cscheck! Thank you so much.It's a lot of 'clicking' but got around that by bookmarking it and putting it into my Toolbar, TLHC folder.

Thank you, Everybody!.....and here's my first 'smilie' at the resurrected TLHC: :flower: