PDA

View Full Version : Waves and length

Kerynna
December 16th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Simple question: Does hair get more or less wavy the longer it gets? Or is there no relationship between waves and length for most people?

I know my daughter's hair was much more wavy when it was short, and as it got longer it was like the waves stretched out due to the weight of it (I guess). Is that generally true?

OhioLisa
December 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
That does seem true for some, but for me, my hair has gotten wavier as it has gotten longer. However, I think mine is probably due to better care (more moisture, etc) which brings out my waves better. Sorry, not sure if I answered your question at all. :silly:

lyria
December 16th, 2008, 08:43 AM
In general I think my waves have stretched out as my hair has gotten longer. However, for me, I think humidity really brings them out more...

sneakybea
December 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
My hair has gotten straighter as it has grown. Unfortunately, my mother like to use this as an excuse to bug me to cut it: "Think how much curlier it would be if it were short!"

rymorg2
December 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM
My wave pattern is so large since I have that typical Stretched out "s" pattern that it has to get longer in order to look as wavy as it is.

Kerynna
December 16th, 2008, 08:49 AM
My wave pattern is so large since I have that typical Stretched out "s" pattern that it has to get longer in order to look as wavy as it is.

I think this may be the case with me as well. My hair looks a tad more wavy now that it's longer than when it was above my shoulders. I am hoping that is the case - I'd love it to be even more wavy when I reach midback length.

Daoine Sidhe
December 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
My hair gets wavier as it gets longer. My hair used to be pin straight when it was between chin length and shoulder. I got waves when my hair grew longer than neck-length.

UP Lisa
December 16th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I orly discovered my waves a few years ago when I started growing out my hair. All my life I thought it was straight. My hair has to get to about shoulder length before you see the waves.

spidermom
December 16th, 2008, 09:13 AM
For awhile, my hair got more wave/curl as it got longer. Then I reached some sort of tipping point in length and lost most of it.

Aisha25
December 16th, 2008, 09:16 AM
My hair has stayed the same from short to this length. Straight on top and wavy in the ends.

florenonite
December 16th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Last time I had hair this long, it got wavier as it grew. This time it seems to be less wavy, but I think that might be partly due to a difference in care, as I used to scrunch/plop regularly (which didn't work when it was shorter, but does when it's longer) but haven't done so in ages.

Ryanne
December 16th, 2008, 10:38 AM
My hair is getting curlier the longer it grows, that might change though.

morguebabe
December 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I've lost alot of my waves the longer it gets.

galleth
December 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Mine gets wavier as it grows.

Carina
December 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
My hair had a lot more waves when it was shorter and had layers.But I like my hair straighter.:D

beehives
December 16th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I orly discovered my waves a few years ago when I started growing out my hair. All my life I thought it was straight. My hair has to get to about shoulder length before you see the waves.

I think (hope!) this is how my hair behaves, too. It's about in inch above shoulder now, but I could see a slight wave when it was about four inches longer.

I'll be over the moon if more waves appear as it gets longer.

RavennaNight
December 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
As it gets longer, my waves are stretching out a bit. There is still a wave, but very mild. The henndigo may have also played a role. It's weird, though, the back of my head is wavier, and the crown and sides are straighter in general. And the back is where the length is.

jel
December 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
To me, the only correlation between waves and length is that when my hair gets wavier, it appears shorter. :( But the actual waves are much more affected by what I put on my hair (hard/soft water, SLS/soap shampoo, cone/conefree conditioner, henna/temp dye, etc.) than the length itself. Having said that, now that it's past waist length, when it's wavy it's much more *obvious* than when it was shoulder length...

UP Lisa
December 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Yes, the things we put on it certainly have an effect.

jojo
December 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
My hair is more curly than wavy when its short, these days it has a sideways wavy pattern which seems to be getting wavier, which is nice but it makes it look like it isnt growing sometimes.

Shadow
December 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM
My curls definitely lose their spring when my hair is longer. They are more stretched out fromthe weight of my hair.