PDA

View Full Version : A review of your hair in 2008 and your hair plans for 2009!!

Honey39
December 16th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I've dug up my old thread from this time last year. So, if you posted in it - did you achieve your resolution for 2009??? :p

I’m off work at the moment, so thought I’d ask the following questions – I do love this time of year…:cheese:

i). What worked for your hair in 2008?
ii). What did you achieve hair-wise?
iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise?
iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?

Well, I found this site in June, and since then I have been babying my hair a lot. My big discovery is that I have curly hair – who woulda thought?? So I have had a completely new look for the last six months. What works is:
CO-washing
Leave-in conditioners
Scrunching wet hair for the curl
SMT on occasion
Oiling when I remember
About four inches of curly hair – and a discovery that curly hair takes a LOT longer to look longer than straight hair…*sigh*

Use a hair-dryer, shampoo or a brush – never realised that my hair would benefit so much from being treated so differently

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?
I want to slowly grow my hair – quality is the most important thing to me, so regular trims taking off half the growth. Keeping the colour darker. Taking good care of my hair and enjoying all the lovely ideas from here!

DecafJane
December 16th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Leaving it alone! :D I have also recently discovered the joy of the vinegar rinse and jojoba oil.

I went from a pixie to almost APL. It is wild and untrimmed, but my hair is wild even with a trim, so I'm not bothered. ;)

Go through the awful phase of growth that is pixie-to-shoulders+. It was a nightmare.

I am hoping to get to BSL and not trim at all. Woohoo!
I want to be able to make a cinnamon bun that wraps around itself more than once, and a braid that doesn't look sad and short. :)

Honey39
December 16th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Leaving it alone! :D I have also recently discovered the joy of the vinegar rinse and jojoba oil.

I went from a pixie to almost APL. It is wild and untrimmed, but my hair is wild even with a trim, so I'm not bothered. ;)

Go through the awful phase of growth that is pixie-to-shoulders+. It was a nightmare.

I am hoping to get to BSL and not trim at all. Woohoo!
I want to be able to make a cinnamon bun that wraps around itself more than once, and a braid that doesn't look sad and short. :)

Ooh, that reminds me - in 2009 I'm going to try the ACV rinses; I've not tried those yet, so not sure what good things that will do to my hair!!

Monsterkitti
December 16th, 2008, 06:35 AM

I found LHC and started to take proper care of my hair :) Loosing the brsuh and my hair straighteners has done wonders! Also found these which work really well for me..

Biotin, multi-vits
Cone free shampoo and conditioners
SMT's
Henna/indigo
Coconut oiling ends
Wet bunningii). What did you achieve hair-wise?
Have gone from APL to a solid BSL :D

Use a straightener daily. Brushing roughly

Im aiming for waist length hair by the end of 2009! Keeping up with my care routine and trying to remember to take my vitamins should help get there :)

MsBubbles
December 16th, 2008, 06:47 AM

C-w-c, sleeping with it in a braid, camelia oil + water spritzes, catnip soaks.

Shoulder to BSL, plus some flattening out of the V hemline through self trims, learned how to do some updos for the first time in my life!

Blowfrying on velcro rollers!

Achieve blunt hemline at BSL through monthly mini self-trims, then grow another 3" in length (I hope!) with healthier looking hair.

Islandgrrl
December 16th, 2008, 07:11 AM

Wearing it up every day for the entire year really made a difference in the amount of breakage and damage, especially to the already damaged part of the length. I learned to be more aware of how often I really need to shampoo; learned about using diluted shampoo; oiling; coconut milk soaks, SMT. Going cone-free really worked out well, too.

A bunch of growth and improved condition.

Probably won't do the shampoo bar thing again. My hair really didn't like it much.

Continued growth since I'm a long way from my goal; I've extended my Hair Up challenge from one year to 1000 days. I've also joined the No Trims Challenge for 2009.

paper
December 16th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I stopped using Cones, and started CWC.
These two things have made so much difference.

I got rid of all my layers in the back. :cheese:

Part of me would like to say, not trim so much.
But, it did get rid of my layers so it was worth it!

I have a mini goal of 20", I should hit that Feb.
My next goal is to hit APL by mid summer.
By the end of the year I might be at BSL! :D
I decided to buy some good shears and let my DH trim my hair. So, no more salons for me!
Also, I'm seriously thinking about going natural and letting my dye grow out.

lora410
December 16th, 2008, 07:17 AM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Laying off the heat, oiling regularly, no brushing, or dyeing

ii). What did you achieve hair-wise?Softness and length

iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? blow fry, dye, perm, etc

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? hair to hopefully hip or close to it. I plan to continue to do what I have been doing

i). What worked for your hair in 2008? same as in question 1 :)

rymorg2
December 16th, 2008, 07:29 AM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008?Went all natural in my hair care HOORAY!!!! I use DW; oils, especially coconut, camellia and argan; shea butter, things like that.

ii). What did you achieve hair-wise?Grew out a drastic cut from an inverted bob to past my shoulders and even again in less than 8 months! I also went from daily washing to only washing twice a week which is something I never thought I'd be able to do.

iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise?mmmmm.....CUT???????? LOL........

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and I've joined the "wear your hair up" challenge for a year. My year is up in the beginning of November. Since what I'm doing is finally working, there's not a need to change it at the moment.

Honey39
December 16th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I think I'm going to try the catnip soaks as well in 2009. Not quite sure how that will work for me, but I want to slowly try different things and oils etc.

*note to self* - remember not to go mad and try too much at once!!!

Daoine Sidhe
December 16th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Cassia Obovata! I will use this again :)

Longer and healthier hair. Most of my damaged ends from perming in the past are gone now. :)

- Waiting too long to wash my hair. My scalp doesn't like it.
- honey lighting, it damaged my hair a bit

Going for bsl OR getting rid of my layers. I don't know what I will do first.

Molster
December 16th, 2008, 07:59 AM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008? The usual - once-weekly washes, sulfate-free shampoos (diluted), jojoba oil after washing, no trimming (except S&D).

ii). What did you achieve hair-wise? I've gained 5.5" in growth, and I have to work hard to find any splits.

iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Go back to SLS/SLES shampoos - scalp much happier now!

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? I'm 0.5" off my 50" goal, so when I hit that I will maintain at 50" with micro-trims, to even up my hemline and allow some old trimmed-off damage (currently at waist) to grow down further.

Lamb
December 16th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Great thread!

i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Conditioner, not combing when dry, leave-ins, diluting my shampoo. ETA: vitamins!
ii). What did you achieve hair-wise? Better curl-definition.
iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Cutting it! :mad:
iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? 1.No trims until March, at least. 2.Making my hair more split-proof by moisturizing and keeping it covered in the cold/wind/sun. 3.Getting below shoulders by December 2009! 4.Growing out my fringe.

Gothic Lolita
December 16th, 2008, 08:34 AM
What worked for your hair in 2008?

Herbal shampoo and conditioner, as well as Aloe Vera concentrate and Shea butter. And a trim in August to get rid of split ends. Since April I'm wearing it up daily (maybe not on weekends...) which really improved the condition.

"hipish" hair with a richer color and less tangles. Also my hair in generally in a better shape and more moisturized.

iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Going to achieve them?

I won't try again my old commercial conditioner out. Made my hair a sticky and dry tangle.

I aim for tailbone and am pretty sure that I succeed. I try to continue wearing my hair up daily and protect it well to have gorgeous (and the longest) hair for graduation!

CestMadeleine
December 16th, 2008, 08:35 AM
The best thing that I discovered for my hair is coconut oil, and using a boar bristle brush instead of normal brushes. Braiding them before bed to avoid friction as well.

I reached shoulder length which is the longest my hair's ever been. I also realized my hair is wavy :)

Baking soda. I had some build up on top of my hair and people said to try baking soda. Well it dried my hair out entirely and made it really coarse. And didn't get rid of the build up either. Took days of deep conditioning to get it back to normal.

Grow my hair longer, try out henna once my pink fades, and try to achieve some thickness to my hair and get it stronger. I also want to give CO washes a try.

JamieLeigh
December 16th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I tried going CO a couple times a week, and feel I've been rewarded with more shine, less tangles, less split ends, and softer hair overall! I also began using Aussie products, which I've been very happy with, especially the 3-minute Miracle!:cheese:
I didn't start measuring until about August or so, but since I started taking the osteoporosis vitamins and the Biotin, I've noticed faster growth. I think I've had almost 2 inches of growth in 4 months...which also for me, means more trimming, so it's not getting super-long, super-fast. :mad: On the good side, my bangs (fringe) I had 11 years ago is finally 40" like the rest of my hair, thanks to that last trim! ;)
I will definitely NEVER put my hair in tiny braids and sleep in them! I had the toughest time getting the ends in good shape again after doing that!!!
My goal is to let it continue to grow, and I will definitely still be trimming, until it reaches the tops of my thighs. I have maybe 3 or 4 inches to go, so I may or may not be there by this time next year. But if I do reach that goal, I will no longer be trimming. (The main idea behind the trimming was to get the fringe as long as the rest of my hair):cool:

Laila23
December 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I just found you all in October, so I have that much of your information and good influence in my brain. :) Coconut oil, SMT, S&D and wearing it up and trying to avoid brushing it. Head massages are good, too.

I like my hair that I have and don't feel bad that it is not this way or another way. And of course growth. :)

With the knowledge of LHC, I will be no longer between APL and BSL for my entire life. I used to live in a very vicious cycle. At APL, I would say " i want to grow my hair out" and BSL length I would say "gosh it looks really thin, dry, lifeless, let's trim it" and back to APL I would go. So thank you all for teaching me everything because I will never be in that cycle again.

I hope to hit waist and then finally hip by next December. I would like to thicken up my hemline a bit and continue doing what I've been doing that has been working.

Thanks!

OhioLisa
December 16th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Keeping hair up, oiling the ends, S&Ds, finger combing only.

More moisture, thus more waves.

Trim. Blunt ends are NOT me.

Just to grow, grow, grow. S&D ONLY.

Darkhorse1
December 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM
olive oiling the ends, reducing cones when hair felt flat
soft, shiny hair, 3 inches of length, less splits (well, I think)
I need cones in my life, but I can stop using them for a spell. Wouldn't use some creamier shampoos again. Ugh. Nor would I go natural--Burt's Bees did not work for my hair.
I'd like to get to classic length, but I will have to see how it fits into my active lifestyle. But, at least I have the option and will grow healthy hair as best as I can :D

BigChiefHoho
December 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Ignoring it, mostly... Discovered that John Frieda conditioner works wonders on my hair, and also that I can't afford it regularly. :p
ii). What did you achieve hair-wise? About eight inches! Lots of split-ends, though.
iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Brush it as roughly as I have been...whoops.
iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? Develop the courage to get a good six inches or so lopped off...my split-ends are getting insane, due to the fact that I've been ignoring my hair for the past year or so.

So yeah, I haven't been taking care of my hair as well as I should. On the up side, even with that six-inch trim, it should still be around waist-length! :cheese:

gallows_gallery
December 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM

- Shampooing way less and using CWC
- Plaiting my hair EVERY night for bed
- Coconut oil and heavy oils
- Honey lightening

- I successfully (ish) changed from permanent black to deep brown
- I have grown a few inches, even though I've had 3-4 big trims

- No more bleaching whatsoever - one was enough
- No more big (1 inch +) trims

- Only use henna and indigo for colour - no more hairdresser dye or box dye
- Be able to sit on my hair! - very minor trims, no impulse layers or cuts

Loviatar
December 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Keeping my hair up, oiling and braiding dry hair at night, conditioning dry braid ends, Dairy Whip, apple cider vinegar rinses, Camden's African butterfly clips, Punjabi Prime henna, inserting hairforks/single sticks horizontally instead of vertically, side parting instead of centre (also made me look slimmer).

A decent henna colour on the crown, more moisture, better condition, salvaging the damage I had in May.

Bleach or salon colour, indigo, dark brown box dye, impulsive bangs trimming. Mistake! Oh and shampoo bars; now I have hard water they don't work.

- Get to BSL (by not trimming other than Morrocco Method tiny trims maybe twice a year)
- Even out my triple layered bangs (self trims gone wrong)
- Balance out my colour with henna
- Get back to my original thickness of 4.0 ponytail circumference (by not trimming and getting all my layers/bangs grown out)
- Take my vitamins!

Meli
December 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Sleep braids, protective updos, S&D, scalp massage and WO. I haven't been entirely pleased with WO, but I keep coming back to it as the other things I have tried didn't work more than 2-3 weeks - they either caused build-up and increased breakage, made my hair dry and/or caused my scalp to freak out with itchies and increased shedding. My pre-LHC routine also caused the same issues so WO is still the best routine I have tried so far - for both hair and scalp. And since almost three weeks I'm doing it hardcore - it's too early to tell, but it seems like the issues I had was caused by the final rinses and not WO itself.

I did not gain as much length as I hoped, but I did reach my minigoal at hip length - measured in at 34 1/8" yesterday! :joy:(I'm not changing my profile until my measurement at the end of the month, though.)
I have also learned a lot about how to treat my hair as gentle as possible, and I know a lot more things I can do to keep the breakage as low as possible. And I don't have many true splits anymore - the breakage is much worse and that is also less than before.

Sleep with my hair down. I would also prefer to not do any full-head deep treatments - not because of my hair, but they tend to give me headaches for some reason. And if hardcore WO turns out to work long-term, I would not put anything in my hair that might cause build-up in any way. And bbb-brushing - I might perhaps do it on my scalp about once in a blue moon, but my length explodes in splits if I as much as think about brushing it...

I would like to reach tailbone or longer, but also get rid of more damage. I think for now I'll trim only when absolutely necessary/when I feel like it and see what happens. I might choose to maintain a certain length until the most obvious part of my natural layers catches up, but if I find a routine which allows me to gain length steadily despite the damage, I might just let it grow. The damaged hairs will shed anyway, someday.

jel
December 16th, 2008, 10:11 AM

Extra Virgin Olive oil (both as leave-in and heavy oiling)
CWC, henna, no trims - as in previous 3 years :D

A richer, brighter colour using a temporary (deposit-only) dye over my henna
The tip of my V-shaped hemline hitting my lower back

Use a mix of henna and cassia - results in hair that's too golden orange for my taste.

I'm hoping to reach my ultimate length goal (tailbone) and start maintaining there. It will be hard to start trimming again, especially as I like my fairy-tale ends...

florenonite
December 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM
ACV rinses and diluting shampoo with conditioner
putting it up and leaving it be
misting
coconut oil ii). What did you achieve hair-wise?

reached BSL
healthier hair :D iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise?

BS & ACV. When I used to swim more, I BS'd and followed it with 'poo and condish, and it worked great to get the chlorine out. However, BS & ACV doesn't work so well, it makes my hair dry and horrible. iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?

reach waist length, and maybe hip if I'm lucky by treating my hair well so I don't have to cut it.
encourage my waves through the use of AVG and plopping.

Isblå
December 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Wide tooth wooden comb, no cones, CO, washing with soap, ACV rince
Less tangles:) More shine, prettier colour (somehow, I think it is caused by quitting cones), much wavier hair, and I have learnt to do the figure 8 bun
I tried shea butter and I wasn't all that impressed
Not cutting. (goal and plan)

yrrebwartsymssi
December 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM
CO and damp bunning (when my hair was long enough to do that)
My hair definately grew, so i had more opportunity to get rid of these fried bleached ends.
dye my hair more than 2 shades lighter. That was a huge mistake, and i will NEVER get a wonky haircut again. I tried weave and it actually dried my hair out so i wont be doing that again.
DO NOT TRIM!!! that will be a real challange, and keeping my hair up until AT LEAST the summer (i want to go the whole year)

angelthadiva
December 16th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Great Thread! :D

Wide tooth horn comb, my BBB, hair crack, brown sugar scalp scrub, hair butter, monostat, coconut oil, jojoba oil, coconut milk. Egg, beer, lemon juice, honey, baking soda and kiwi clarify poo wash once a month! CWC worked for a good long while, but it's been months since I've done one. Scalp washing was great! :) I'm trying to love poo bars.

Wearing my hair up for a year helped keep my hair out of my way and off my mind!

Well, my hair is longer and healthier just from all the less heat styling and having it up more...I have to be mindful of where my tassle is in regards to the comode...Not sure if that is an achievement! :lol:

iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? SMT, a perm (but I decided against a perm about 18 years ago, and have not changed my mind), vented hair brushes, evil metal hair toys.

Obviously no serious cutting will be going on; only micro trims and S&D as needed...I will be wearing my hair up this year as well, and I will be stretching out my hair coloring and I will add more scalp washings to my routine.

~GypsyCurls~
December 16th, 2008, 10:47 AM
C0-washing, SMTs, natural products like oils, honey, and shea butter. Also MN treatments, although I haven't done them as often as I should, I noticed baby hairs, as well as longer nails so I know it must be doing something.

Waist length! I remember being so happy when my hair was BSL again, I'm even happier now. I also found a regimen (after endless experimentation with different products) that works for my hair and is not complicated.

Shampoos, even sulfate free ones make my hair too "fluffy". I think I'm also going to quit permanent dye and go semi-perm from now on. No cones, they just don't work for me...which kinda sucks since most hair stuff has them!

I guess tailbone is next! I will achieve it by continuing to give my hair TLC, and do the MN treatments more regularly...I probably would have a lot longer hair by now if I weren't so lazy ^_^ I'm also going to go with a more natural color, burgundy-ish or dark red semi-perm dye to give my naturally dark brown hair luster and a tint of color...plus cover my few greys. Also have some scraggly ends that I want to get rid of, so I must find someone who is capable of trimming without taking length.

HotRag
December 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I started oiling my ends. Very nice compared to the dry ends I had before.
After a while a discovered CO, which has been really good to my scalp.
A little while later I found LHC and found other washing methods.
Daily scalp massageing has been very good for my scalp.

Learnt to make buns :cheese:
And decided to start growing my hair again.

I have achieved to minimize hair damage (splits and so on).

Washing with soapnuts without preoiling shudder:

Forget to cover braids ends when driving motorcycle :mad:

Find out which washing methids that are best for my hair. A couple of working methods is a goal. I believe in changing.

I also will keep on growing. No length goal, cause my hair grow so slow that a length goal will cause unsatisfaction. (I had 3" growth in 7 months, including summer so called "spurt".)

I will achive maximum growth by "babying" my hair in all ways I can, keep on doing S&D at regular basis. And daily scalp massageing.

MandaMom2Three
December 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Finding LHC :cheese:. CO, light oiling, henna, wood comb & brush, SMT, finding the right products for me, coconut oil soaks.

Hair that is silky and shiny as long as I don't make it eat stuff it doesn't like :D.

BBB, chemical dye, hair dryer/curling iron, going no cones.

1- Get back to waist length (the longest my hair ever was!) by keeping trims to a minimum and using monistat and supplements.
2- Grow out some of these stupid layers by those minimal trims.
3- Get rid of the old black hair dye with ColorFix (hoping!)
4- Get my ends in better shape by more oiling and catnip rinses.

Samara Morgan
December 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
i) What worked for your hair in 2008?

I found that taking supplements really boosted my hair growth and that trimming my hair really made it look much fuller at the ends :)

ii) What did you achieve hair-wise?

I achieved hair that was 42 inches long which is the longest it's ever been and it was fairly tidy at the ends. I also got a side-swept fringe cut in.

iii) Anything you wouldn't do again hair-wise?

I wouldn't cut it off! I have now gone back down to 36 inches and I regret cutting it badly :( I also don't think I'll cut in a fringe again as it's starting to annoy me lol.

iv) What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?

My main goal for 2009 is to reach 40 inches again as fast as possible with the help of vitamins but I would also like to maintain my hair roughly at 40 inches with a blunt hemline.

RavennaNight
December 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
What worked for you in 2008?
1.coconut oil
2.aloe gel
3.hennindigo
4. scalp massages

What did you achieve hair wise in 2008?
1. 5 inches of growth between April & December.
2. Got rid of frizz with henndigo.
3. Stopped relying on heat styling

What will you never do to your hair again?
1. Flat ironing
2. Chemical dyeing.

What are your hair goals for 2009 and how will you achieve them?
1. Waist! I'm almost there!
2. Hip by Dec 2009? Is it possible?
3. Continue scalp massaging & henndigo.
4. Avoid the blowfryer! I *don't* need it in the winter! :happydance:

GibsonGirlV
December 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
What worked for you in 2008?
1. coconut oil
2. no cones
3. no harsh detergents
4. diluted shampoo/ no poo
5. VO5 hairdressing (Marilyn Monroe used it and it's fabulous)
6. trader Joe's Nourish Shampoo and Conditioners
7. Biolage Conditioning Balm & Deva No-poo
8. My hair actually responds well to chemical colour (who would have guessed?)
9. non-heat setting
10. MN!!!

What did you achieve hair wise in 2008?
1. I went from shoulder length to APL
2. Vastly improved overall hair growth and stopped further breakage
3. I got bangs!! (and I love them)

1. The crazy hair masque I tried that's full or garlic
2. More than minimal heat
3. Cones

What are your hair goals for 2009 and how will you achieve them?
1. Keep going with length and health
-Keep on with no-cones and MN
-Try Hair vitamins and biotin again
-try SMT, Coconut soaks, and new oils and butters
2. get into the world of hair toys

salamander
December 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Benign neglect. Minimal combing, minimal washing, keeping it up. Once I got it to the point where it wasn't dry any more, I could pretty much leave it alone. Of course, now I've dried it out again!

Belt length! This is as long as my hair has ever been! And it's red and curly and pretty and, and, and... Yeah, I love LHC. I may have achieved that last year, though.

soap/vinegar/light oiling was too drying for my hair. Once I get it moisturized again, I'm going to try heavy oiling/soap/vinegar/light oiling, but I'm going to stick with CO for a while right now. I know that works!

Tailbone! I'm going to reach my goal! After spending roughly FOREVER wishing my hair could be just a little longer, it will finally be as long as I want it to be! *happy dance* Than I'm going to maintain there for a while to thicken up my ends. I'm also going to try to reduce my color gradient. I don't mind my ends being a bit redder than my crown, but at a certain point my false crown braids start looking funny.

zen_oven
December 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM

CWC, nightly oiling with jojoba, Kimberlily's Defrizz Spray, and cutting out SLS and cones.

I went from SL to APL in less then six months! YAY! :cheese:

I won't use a hair dryer or any other kind of heat styling, and I'll never go back to SLS or cones.

I'm hoping to hit BSL by mid-year and get as close to waist as I can by the end of the year. I want to keep up with my current routine of going three days between washes (not always easy--my hair gets a little crunchy and weird on the third day so I'm tempted to go only two days between). I'm hoping to achieve softer, more manageable hair.

I'm going to go as long as I can without a trim (hopefully no trims in 2009) except for my fringe. I'm going to try some new conditioning treatments--Ojon and SMT to be exact.

Buddaphlyy
December 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
What worked for your hair in 2008?
Protective styles and consistency. This may seem like a simple thing to do, but being a PJ who likes to experiment, it was really hard. Now I have a simple regimen of co washing Sunday - Friday and shampooing and DCing Saturday.

What did you achieve hair-wise?
Healthier hair. I had been battling breakage for a long time, but I finally found a combo of products and techniques that put an end to it.

Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise?
Cut or trim, at least for a long while. My hair is really uneven do to a accidental cutting, but I won't be trimming again until January 2010

What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?
I would like to get to SL and APL next year. I plan on doing what I've been doing since it's working really well for me. I'll also probably change my diet slightly because I know it's crap and it's affecting all my health.

shwankie
December 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Scalp-only washing. Jojoba oiling when wet, keeping hair up more, sleeping in hair up (I am getting used to this again, it sometimes bothers me), oiling my ends when hair is in braids. ACV rinses are the best thing for my hair, period. Biotin and vitamins. Lots of water.

ii). What did you achieve hair-wise? I have no idea about length, but it's definitely grown out. Healthier hair, very few split ends, a bit of thickness.
iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Short cuts, full washes.
iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? I'd like to reach waist length by the end of 2009. I want to try 'poo bars, as I am trying to switch to all natural hair and body care products. I'm not sure how my hair will react to no cones, as it seems to like them, but I'd like to get rid of all non-natural care products. I plan to continue wearing my hair most of the time up to prevent damage, and oiling it when wet.

Cichelle
December 16th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Banding. It really helped reduce the amount of tangles and shrinkage.

I got to tailbone length when stretched. :)

Use small elastics for banding.

Enjoy my hair! I want to just let it grow and do it's thing. Eventually, I plan to grow to Classic length. I want to just relax and enjoy the rest of the journey.

DragonLady
December 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM

**LHC!
*Stopped using cones.
*Stopped using a brush.
*Stopped letting my hair rub on the back of my chair.
*Stopped washing everyday.
*Stopped using 'poo full strength.

Have almost stopped combing when wet, but need to work on it.

*Started using a horn comb.
*Started doing regular S & D sessions.
*Started using Monistat on my scalp.
*Started using oils on my ends.
*Started using SMT treatments every week.
*Started using catnip.

*Despite two trims to remove ratty ends and damage, I've gained over three inches since July.
*My hair always feels softer and looks great.
*I've learned several ways to put it up, when I didn't really know any before.
*I made my family understand that my hair is NOT just hanging there. That it's important to me, and that I don't want any more comments about how cute it would be if I just cut it off or how I'm too old to wear it long.
*Have significantly reduced the number of split ends and the amount of mechanical damage.

*Use honey for my SMT that hasn't been properly nuked first. :( I lightened my hair three shades. :(

*I hope to reach classic.
*I plan to just continue tweaking my routines and watching the results 'till I get a whole list of things that work.
*I hope to avoid needing another trim.
*I hope to continue finding ways to wear it up so it looks nice all the time, and to prevent damage too.

I guess I'll come back to this thread in a year, and see how far I've come, and what changes have worked since then. :)

invisiblebabe
December 16th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Shampoo only the roots and condition the ends every day. Trim monthly. Blow-dry with a diffuser occasionally, particularly when it's cold outside (I love the diffuser, it makes my hair look thicker).

Grew out and got rid of a lot of damaged, overdyed ends. Maintained between BSL and waist. Learned a few cute new styles.

Not that I can think of, no.

Continue to maintain at BSL-waist, get rid of more damage, condition more often.

ecologystudent
December 16th, 2008, 04:21 PM
WO, not brushing, massages.

Stopped cutting my hair every time it grew half an inch and thus reached an awkward stage.

Well, I'm not going to try and wash my hair with a soap bar designed for skin, that's for sure (that was pre-lhc). I'm also going to try to refrain from cutting again.

I want to have a pony tail. I'm going to achieve that by taking an hair multivitamin, massaging my scalp, and using a catnip rinse to prevent split ends. I'm also not going to cut my hair again.

goldenwaves
December 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Being gentle, combing and BBB brushing, not straightening, not trimming so much, using olive oil before WC
Discovered LHC(!), grew it longer, learnt new styles and care techniques
Olive oil before shower and then not shampoo it out properly (can anyone say GREASEBALL?), clarifying with baking soda (as I've heard it's very drying)
Be solidly at waist (when wavy/curly), try growing out some layers and see if I like it like that, but keep the face framing layers and U-shape hemline, keep it healthy and not give up!! :cheese:

Speckla
December 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM

Cutting off all my relaxed ends. Cowashing and just 'pooing once a week as needed. Stopped using products with protein in them

BLS when stretched natural curls.

iii). Anything you wouldn?t do again hair-wise?

Relax or straighten.

Hip. Same as above.
________
Volcano digital vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Faepirate
December 16th, 2008, 05:47 PM
- Giving up frequent shampooing.
- Conditioner only routines. :D:D:D
- Cone-free conditioners.
- No touching while wet = much better curl formation!
- 100% air drying
- Protective updos

- I grew from BSL to a little beyond waist. :) Wahey!
- I discovered more curls!
- Much healthier and shinier hair

WATER ONLY. *dies* Never again. I did this for almost 3 months and it was a mistake I will not be repeating.

- I want to reach tailbone. I don't know whether that's realistic, but I'm gonna hope anyway.
- Trimming a very small amount every month or two to keep the ends soft and healthy.
- Learn to do more exciting updos!

Beaglebuddy
December 16th, 2008, 05:55 PM
doing olive oil treatments more often - 3x a week

in doing a protein treatment, my hair is stronger no longer breaking

in spite of it making my hair stop breaking, I will never do a protein treatment again. It dried my hair out so bad, which is quite weird that it actually doesn't break. Co washing was also a disaster, I see pictures of my hair and it looks so flat!

to get more moisture into my hair. I am going to keep up the olive oil treatments at least 3 times a week.

ssjhotau2
December 16th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I joined the first week of August so I haven't achieved much this year. I decided to cut my hair to shoulder length to fix a terrible cut and I still have about 4 inches of layers. So far I've found that my hair prefers no-cones and loves coconut oit.

Well, not much really. I think i would have healthier hair if I hadn't decided to dye my hair red, regret it, dye brown a week later making it purple, and now I'm going to bleach it so I can dye it dark blond/light brown. I'll save my accomplishments for next year :p

Dye it red. Or dye it any color. I'm hoping that after I dye it dark blond (my natural color) I can leave it alone.

First goal is to begin growing out my natural color and to leave it alone.
My next goal is to not trim my hair until it is BSL-then cut out all the layers and start growing again.
I want my hair to be long enough to keep in a continuous braid. I'm not good at updos so I'm thinking the next best protection would be to braid. plus I would have to comb less= less damage.

Elphie
December 16th, 2008, 07:23 PM
CWC, apple cider rinses, olive oil shampoo/conditioners, coconut oil, washing 3x a week.

More managable, softer hair. New styles, better understanding of what my hair needs.

So far, I haven't done anything so terrible that I'm not willing to try it again, but then again, I'm pretty low key with changing routines. Nothing too drastic and I tend to give it a while before making a decision about keeping it.

I'd like to make it to waist by next December. I'm planning one slight trim at the midyear point and no others.

VanillaTresses
December 16th, 2008, 07:40 PM

WC with Suave Professionals
LMH Mahogany henna glosses
Very few trims, not in salons
Frizz Ease Secret Weapon as moisturizer for ends
Bun updos with Ficcare Maxima or Good Hair Days pins

Solid BSL
Good condition
Closer to HG color with henna

Didn't do anything bad this year (squee!) except to maybe have slightly too large of a shampoo stash! :o

No trims (except bangs)
Reach waist-length
Keep up henna glossing
Continue gentle care
More economical and consistent care, less experimenting with products & methods (i.e., stick with the Suave Professionals and don't horde!)
Wear protective updos more often, especially buns with the GHD pins

butterflykisses
December 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Only combing (only when dry- stopped doing so when wet), lots of conditioner, leave-in and spral conditioner, a mixture of CO, WO rinsing with regular washing. Quit heat-frying my hair with blowdryers, straighteners, curling irons.

Healthier and longer than a year ago. GRown out alot of the layers so that ym ends are thicker.

blowfrying, straightening, curling irons etc. I quit that over the summer when I joined LHC and have only blowdried a few times since then, with cool setting.

- Make it at least solidly to waist and longer through less cutting/trimming and more haircare
-Experiment more with different treatments and products
- Experiment with different updo styles
- Get color slowly back to normal hair color by quitting bleaching entirely.

Liliana
December 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Letting it grow mostly. Loving it more than I hated it.

Added length and the ends are doing pretty darn good.

Wouldn't coil it too tightly for bee butt buns. 'Twas horrifying. I looked like Medusa.

To attain knee length, I'm going to, hmmm, let it grow. I will still get a one inch or so trim at the end of March to maintain bluntivity. I will oil my ends with monoi regularly. I will remind myself to exercise patience, that my goal is a long term one, and to handle hair carefully, slowly. No fast pulling through the ends. (I will come back and read this periodically.)

Juneii
December 16th, 2008, 10:03 PM
fun fun fun!

clarifying shampoo and conditioner from Suave
shiner, healthier looking hair
flat iron! >__<
my goal is to reach waist by my Senior Ball and then tailbone by december 2009? I'm going to do it by eating healthy and being good to my hair.

longhairenvy
December 16th, 2008, 10:06 PM

i. Hiding the scissors and staying away from the "hairfryer"; keeping hair up during those awkward stages which normally make me want to CUT. no sulfates, little brushing, wide tooth combing, massage and vitamins.

ii. Hair grew 6 and 1/2 inches from June 2007-June 2008. Now just a fraction of an inch from APL.

iii. No cutting; pretty much key. No chemical dyes.

iv. Shooting for waist; my plan originally was to grow it out JUST to give to locks of love. I still plan on donating the required 10 inches but now am liking the long hair so may wait an additional year before cutting so it's still long when I do. :D

Oskimosa
December 16th, 2008, 11:25 PM

CWC'ing Dairy Whip and V05 has worked well for my hair. Although, my hair care rutine wasn't bad before, it just contained sulfates and I decided that wasn't something I should use anymore.

Well... after I cut to about halfway between chin and shoulder level this January, I've grown it out to APL, so that's good :p The big moment was when I was able to finally put it in a ponytail... Then a few weeks ago when I realized that a ponytail would also hold ALL of my layers! I also got it to a really fabulous henna red color that I really love on my skin tone.

Hopefully I'll not be tempted to whack off 10 inches at once again. And I have to forgive the fact that I flat-ironed it alot while it was super-short. It was either that or have it flip up in weird places. I still do it every few months. I'll stop completely when it gets to BSL.

Not to trim! I want to get past BSL next year. My projected growth should land me at about 30" by this time next year, based on what I've gotten in the past. That should be waist on me, although I could stall or get slower growth. We'll just have to see! Oh, and maybe I'll finally try one of those SMT's.

Medievalhair
December 17th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Less washing, using a wooden comb and brush, keeping the same shampoo and condish
More length(BSL), fewer splits
Wait to many days before washing, using a BBB
Trying henna, getting to waist or tailbone length, finding another Monoi oil vendor.

Ryanne
December 17th, 2008, 12:19 AM
ACV, honey, S&D, a seamless comb, a hairstick, and hairscroos.

Better curls, healthier ends. Passing BSL.

Leave mashed bananas on my hair :rolleyes:

Grow to waist, or hip if I can. Buy more hairtoys. Learn more hairstyles.

rapunzhell13
December 17th, 2008, 12:23 AM

Mostly benign neglect, but I find checking the boards every single day keeps me motivated.

I more or less left it alone, which I've struggled to do for years. :D

Colour, including henna.

Get maximum growth by not trimming. It would be really, really nice to reach APL by the end of the year!

EvaSimone
December 17th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Shampoo and conditioner every other day. No sulfates no cones. EVOO deep treatments.

My hair is past waist, about 2 inches from Hip.

Hendigo... it gave me beautiful results for a bit but didn't last and it was quite the process.

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? Increase my length by a few inches and be solidly at hip, inching towards tailbone. Probably continue my routine in I., it seems to be working well enough. Maybe add in more deep treatments to help with moisture.

Magicknthenight
December 17th, 2008, 01:03 AM
And things i accomplished
CWC
CO sometimes
Constant up dos in the wind or situations that would cause damage-Wearing it up more (this was a big one)
a sleep cap or keeping hair contained while asleep
oiling
gentle handling
deep conditioning.
more knowledge about hair
hair accessories
acv rinses
vitamins
shampoo and conditioner. that WORK for my hair. (also finding stuff that's less harsh to use)
less washing
scalp washes
Not buying EVERYTHING that claimed to give you long hair

more length
less damage
caring about my hair more

I used to comb my wet hair. I don't do that anymore. I also won't pull a brush through it or comb it too quickly or rough. Oh also...I used to blow dry a few years ago...I'll never do that again.
no trimming. S&D only this year. Keep wearing my hair in up dos until the length makes me happy. Continuing to take care of my hair even in hectic situations.

Albrun
December 17th, 2008, 02:07 AM
-CO worked fine, but I don't like the feeling of the hair
-Baking Soda is fine so far, but I'm still testing
-Scalp oiling before washing

- I got rid of my layers and gained 3 inches.

- I think I didn't test enough for bad results.

- Next year I will gain length. I want to reach hip. I will only S/D no trims.
- When I find it, I will test catnip.
- I will enjoy my hair all the time.

Albrun

crystal_89
December 17th, 2008, 04:08 AM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Putting hair up, damp bunning, no combing, using natural shampoos and conditioners, reduced straightening (all in the past few weeks)

ii). What did you achieve hair-wise? I went from BSL to nearly hip from January to end of September

iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Going more than a year without a trim on the ends, and I'll never let my friend cut 'layers' into my hair again :p

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? I'm not entirely sure of where I'm headed with my hair... but I think I want to grow out the layers a bit and continue to get trims every 6-8 weeks. I'm currently wondering what blunt-ended hair feels like so I can do more updos and braids and I am a bit sick of the length and odd style. I'm also thinking I'm going to straighten my hair a lot less next year than I did this year and appreciate my spirals a lot more.

suicides_eve
December 17th, 2008, 04:25 AM
~ Monistat when i remember to do it,
~co-washing once every 2 weeks/ water only in that time

APL By the end of the year (even if it's when wet:p it still counts!!)

BLEACH

i hope to hit bsl by the end of 2009 i will archive this by doing nothing- my hair grows faster when i forget about it and don't work so hard for it to grow long

venividibxtchy
December 17th, 2008, 06:09 AM
- Proper use of coconut oil before and after every wash. My hair soaks up this stuff like nobody's business; I can't believe it (Sometimes, I'll put some on, and my hair will feel as if it had none on only an hour later).
- A modified SMT (no aloe vera -- allergy) every now and again. I should do one before Christmas, as a matter of fact...
- Use of shampoo bars (I found one that works decently, but I intend to try more different types of shampoos in 2009).
- This is probably the biggest one: being GENTLE. I used to just rake paddle brushes through tangles, rip out huge chunks of hair during every combing, and sometimes, even let rat's nests develop out of sheer laziness. No moar, I hope.

My hair grew from around 20/21" in March to 28/29" in December. No white-dot ends yet, knock on wood.

A. Use a curling iron as often as I did. T'was not daily or anything near that, but frequent enough that I know better...
B. Back-combing (no noticable damage, so far, but...).
C. Cutting my hair back in March (but this one's debatable -- now I have a very memorable date where I began "growing" out from).

Hopefully, to reach my goal length of around ~35-37", with a deep-v hemline, and some face-framing pieces/possibly bangs. I'd like to continue using shampoo bars, or at least all-natural cleansing methods, and intend to explore some other brands/varietes, as well. Perhaps, I'd like to blend my own oil for my hair with a fragrance I enjoy, so I don't always need to smell like coconut if I don't wish to. I'm definitely going to start using wood/horn combs, if they end up working well for me. I want to try some new hair toys, if possible. Oh, and I want to henna/cassia my hair -- that could be something epic.

Siava
December 17th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Using carrot oil on the ends, finger combing, washing less, putting hair up more, Dairy Whip, and going coneless.

Smoother, curlier, shinier hair.

Use cones, shampoo bars, a brush, and shea butter.

My only goal is to gain length at this point and I'll achieve that by staying true to my current regimen.

BlackfootHair
December 17th, 2008, 06:34 AM

Henna, new Dabur hair oils, cones, not going out of the house with wet hair when it's cold.

I'm achieving healthy shiny hair with henna! :) And I finally got the black patch on the back of my head cut off! :)

Yeah. Bleach!!

Longer healthy hair. Hair trims when necessary, and henna! Oh, and taking all my vitamins every day!

goodenough
December 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM
What Worked? not cutting it--I grew from bsl to waist from March to December by not trimming it. bangs, which I cut in June and really enjoy.

What did I acheive--waist length hair

What I wouldn't do again hair-wise--fret so much about the sun and chlorine. Having lighter ends isn't the end of the world. I don't think I did any big boo-boos. Except maybe cutting my bangs too short a few weeks ago. But they grow:)

Goals and how?--I'm gonna get another trim in January, then grow till September when I should be at hip. If I can finally do the updos I want to at hip, I'll maintain for a more shallow U. If I can't manage favorite updos at that length, I'll probably go for longer-bsl again so I can just wear it down or in messy updos.

I think I'll explore some vintage hairstyles as well...

Addy
December 17th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Cut down washing to once a week. I never thought that I could pull that off. CO. I love it's coney goodness. :D I can't help myself! :p And EVOO! :love:

Healthier looking hair that's not so dry looking! Before I found LHC, I could hold a piece of hair out and it'd stay horizontal... Not anymore! :D

I won't color anymore. I won't flat iron it either, nor will I ever put clip in hair extensions in!

My goals are to keep it simple! :D

Keep growing my color out and adding length. I will probably trim it atleast two times. I will continue with CO through the week with light oilings as necesary, washing once a week. My hair really likes my daily routine and that's a good thing!

Oh and I want to shock everyone with my length update in Sept! :D

Carina
December 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
What worked for your hair in 2008? My hair is happy as long as I co between washes and don't use schampoo to often.
What did you achieve hair-wise?
I cut off all my damage about 10 inches of hair (eeekkk) in august.
Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise?
Use protein on my hair.I got a lot of breakage because of the proteins.
What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them?
I joined the "No trimming in 2009".I will do a small trim before december is over and after that no cutting.

LaurelSpring
December 17th, 2008, 09:56 AM
). What worked for your hair in 2008?

I came to the forum in March so there have been alot of major changes and transitions. I just finally found a routine that is working for me which is:

A pinch of Dairy Whip with a squirt of Aubrey Organics GPB shampoo and about a tsp of baking soda mixed in warm water followed by a mini CO and catnip rinse. I follow with a misting of an aloe, camelia, sandalwood, distilled water mix. I wash every other day.

I discovered Updos, Oiling, shea and cocoa butter and cool toys.

Castor oil overnight soaks before a wash day have been amazing. They stopped some major shedding and putting it on my eyelashes has made them 3x as long and darker.

Supplements..a hair and nail one plus some others I am experimenting with.

Punjabi Henna. I love it!

Growth, New look. Feeling good about the look and feel of my hair.

Get Growth quick schemes - major sheds
Vinegar Rinses - major itchies
Cones and SLS
Heat Styling
Too much trimming

Continue with good routine and good hair habits. Learn more updos and how to best handle hair as it transitions to longer. No trims. Maximum growth with minimum damage.

Honey39
December 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I have got so many ideas from this thread for things to try in 2009, lol - you're all enablers!!

RedStripe
December 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sleeping with it in a braid, careful brushing with BBB, careful detangling.
Several inches of growth (don't know how much -- I seldom measure -- and accumulation of lots of hair toys!
Use any weird products like this one that a friend gave me that contains volcanic ash and is supposed to increase volume.
Waist-length, here I come!

Marie99
December 17th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Regular trims, ACV rinses, CO, WO, Wide tooth wooden combs, random oils.

Went from straggly, abused BSL to better looking APL at one whack.

Commercial color. It hurts the hair. Henna. It took all the curls away.

Find out what my natural color is, go there and leave the dyes alone.

Oskimosa
December 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
1. The crazy hair masque I tried that's full or garlic

:lol: That's pretty good, I wish I had been there for the whole story!

rhubarbarin
December 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I went cone-free 11/07.. that's been the biggest benefit! SLS shampoo has also been great for me. and I found my new holy grail product, Aubrey Organics B-5 Deign Gel.
Not much, really. I cut a bunch of damage over the summer.. now I am right back where I was this time last year. But most of my hair is still crap that I don't want to chop off quite yet!
No, I haven't done anything I regretted, and all the things I have tried that haven't made it into my regular routine, I still use sometimes.
My goals are to grow at least 6", cut of 3" of my V-hem, touch my hair less and wear it up more. I am feeling pretty confident I will do it, and hope to be at waist by next year..

birthmarkie
December 18th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Scrunchies, hairbands, hair forks, hair sticks, Burt’s, Giovanni, a few cheap-o products, combs, brushes, finger-combing, microtrimming, less frequent washes
BSL; became a once-a-week washer; learned a new bun; wore double braids
leave it unprotected while cooking! (nothing has happened yet, thank goodness)
1) more half-ups – need to find the right hair supplies for this
2) to keep it detangled and protected – detangling and putting up before it gets too tangled
3) enjoy it being down – just do it
4) make more progress on evening up my hemline and working on the u-shape – microtrimming every few months or so
5) by the end of 2009, I hope to be headed toward hip/tailbone and have a more even hemline – just keep growing, getting good nutrition, take good care of it, scalp massages never hurt!
6) I hope to really savor reaching waist in 2009 – this should be easy!

mellie
December 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Soapnuts!! So nice!!

Nice shine and body.

Cut. And then cut again with layers.

-Length and lusciousness!!!
-going to keep up with soapnuts
-try letting my grays go in and leaving off the henndigo...we'll see on that!

Honey39
December 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Soapnuts!! So nice!!

Nice shine and body.

Cut. And then cut again with layers.

-Length and lusciousness!!!
-going to keep up with soapnuts
-try letting my grays go in and leaving off the henndigo...we'll see on that!

What are soapnuts???? Am thinking, 'ooh, must try this', but have no ideas what it/they is/are!!! :p

HotRag
December 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
What are soapnuts???? Am thinking, 'ooh, must try this', but have no ideas what it/they is/are!!! :p
Here's a thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8449
Soapnuts are also called aritha or reetha.

Bini91
December 18th, 2008, 11:13 AM
- cone-free shampoos & conditioners, all natural
- oiling
- cassia obovata

- growth from almost APL to (a bit more than) BSL :cheese:
- shiny, healthy hair

- wash daily
- use baking soda, my skin didn't like it

- at least waist-long, good-looking hair
---> keep on doing what I've done all year long ;)

viking_quest
December 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Washing less (it was the only thing I really did)
Air drying
Stop brushing
Only combing and fingercombing

I went from a little longer than pixie (slightly grown out one) to collarbone length with a chin length cut in March.
Anywhere from 6 to 12 inches (my hair grows quickly).
I also achieved another year with no splits (I'm lucky and never have gotten a split).

Blow dry my hair all the way through (just lightly, so I don't go out with completely wet hair)
CO and WO (total disasters)

APL by June, and anywhere from BSL to mid-back in December.
I might get a slight trim to clean up my hemline but I'm starting to like my slight fairytale ends.
I want to stretch out my washings to once or twice a week for a scalp wash and once a week for length.
I also want to put it up more often.
Plus a horn or wooden comb.

EdG
December 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Scalp washing and using a wooden comb.

I reached terminal length.

I wouldn't let my hair become as tangled or as damaged from the sun as it had been prior to LHC.

I'm going to try to improve my hair's thickness around classic-length. :)
Ed

BunnyBee
December 20th, 2008, 09:39 AM
i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Coconut oil, updos, SMT, henna/indigo, ACV.

Even (and natural) colour, learnt updos, got rid of most damage, more shine and less tangles.

Bleach, any other colour than henna/indigo, use hairdryer, have layers :rolleyes:, use hairspray, backcomb... it's an endless list
Get back to 27" or beyond!, achieve permanency of henndigo colour, not gain any splits! Want to try catnip rinses and have the shiniest hair in england! ahaha

Iylivarae
December 20th, 2008, 09:56 AM
- Sebiprox shampoo against SD
- French braiding
- Washing 2x a week

- Tailbone :D

- Washing more than 2x a week, it lets my hair fall out in bunches.

- Classic and beyond -> not cutting (except for maybe one 1cm-trim in january)
- Fighting the SD -> not really sure yet
- Learning how to do nice updos -> practising a lot

winter
December 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Henna worked great with my hair, and my trims are slowly thickening up my thin hemline little by little, even though I am losing some length in the process.

A nice hair colour, happier, longer and slightly thicker hair :)

The pool dives have not been good for my hair, but I'll probably do that again because it so much fun. But not often.

I plan for longer and thicker hair, and plan to do what I have done so far. Not wash too often, keep hair up every day and henna when needed.

longhairdream
December 20th, 2008, 11:38 AM
1. Keeping my hair clean and healthy.

2. I achieved about 4 inches of growth.

3. I wudnt cut my hair, except for light trimmings or a base trim to grow them long.

4. My aim is to grow my hair long, atleast till shoulder length in 2009, and keep'em growing !!

Miyani
December 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Sleeping on satin scarves, EVOO, Centrums, No heat

My hair grew 3 inches so it's down the middle of my bra lol.

Velcro rollers! They itch and hurt! Also protein treatments everyday....I was naiive lol. Never again!

Grow my hair to at least Waist length before my b-day in Aug. and I plan on low mainipulation, moisture, and buns all the time lol.

jojo
December 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM
What worked for your hair in 2008? oiling my ends and doing more deep oilings/ conditioning on my hair

What did you achieve hair-wise? I grew 5.5" depite cutting a couple of inches in total off from apl to bsl and I also got thicker hair.

Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? blow dry,straighten or dye

What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? I am hoping for waist length hair by the begining of winter. I am on a no trims year but will continue to s&d. I also shall continue with doing weekly deep conditionings or oilings and will daily put a light oiling on my ends.

chrissy-b
December 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
CWC, oils, cassia, wearing it up so I wouldn't cut.

I've gained about 7 inches so far, went from 1.5 inches in thickness to 2.25 inches and have very few split ends despite my dyed ends and not trimming all year.

Permanent commercial dyes.

I plan to do another year w/o cutting (except for the trim I'm going to give myself in a couple of weeks) so by the end of 2009 I will be somewhere between BSL and waist. I want to try catnip rinses and be more diligent about ACV rinses but mainly I want to have a simpler routine and practice a little benign neglect.

maskedrose
December 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM
1. CO washes
2. coconut oil when damp
3. Fox's shea butter
4. updo's
5. trims every 3 months

1. Went from APL to a little beyond BSL
2. Realized that my natural color is gorgeous
3. More curl and shine

1. Major trims - 1-1.5 inches only!!
2. Highlighting - my hair just doesn't need it!

1. I should reach waist in the spring, and then I'll be maintaining there until the rest of my layers are grown out. Then I might start my journey to hip!
2. mostly grown out highlights
3. stronger hair with frequent cassia treatments and other deep treatments.

Allegra
December 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM

I only discovered LHC in October, but since finding it I have started wearing my hair up more, given up sulfates and cones and experimented with oiling, SMT's and ACV rinses, all of which seem to work for me.

The ends of my hair have achieved a 180 in terms of condition, before LHC they looked like a Brillo pad and now they're smooth and silky.

Protein, i discovered that this was the source of 90% of all my problems.
Wearing my hair down for work and driving, I think the friction against the chairs was the reason my hair has never grown further than BSL.

Waist length - by wearing my hair up 90% of the time, and continuing the routine I'm currently on.
Also going to set up a regular cassia routing if my hair likes it.

Suitsuki
December 21st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Deep oiling once a week, avoiding conditioner, using a sulfate shampoo (diluted), and Nizoral.

Lenght! I was lost somewhere between BSL and midback and now i'm hip.. slowly approaching tailbone *__* My condition has slightly improved too.

Cut bangs. -_-

I'll let my bangs grow until they frame my face decently. The rest of my hair will get to tailbone, I wonder if I'll be able to sit on it by the end of the year! I'll trim once, not more, only if I find it necessary. And probably try cassia too..

30isthenewblack
December 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Self-trimming, Monistat and jojoba oil

I improved the health and length of my hair. I first measured my hair in May and it grew from 25” to 29.5” (last measurement December 01). I’m hoping to reach 30” on January 1 and start to feel like a real long hair!

I have decided not to chemically colour my hair again and let my natural hair grow out. My hair also did not like aloe vera when I tried SMT.

I want to reach my goal of waist curly which may be 33” to 35” depending on how much the curl springs up. From that point on, I want to maintain the growth and let the layers grow longer by trimming my hair using Feye's self trimming method. I also want to try Cassia to condition and strengthen my hair.

Elainehali
December 21st, 2008, 10:46 PM
conditioner only wash and henna!

I stoped chemical coloring which was a major goal of mine. Free at last.

...I can't think of anything I wouldn't do again.

I'm going to get the last three inches to attain my goal. I'm going to achieve this by not cutting my hair. :D

Then I plan on maintaining until my hemline is thick and U shaped without any layers.

joyjoy
December 22nd, 2008, 12:29 AM
Henna.
Co-washing.
Satin pillowcase.
Horn comb.
From the henna, I got hair that feels and looks thicker, with a rich, lustrous color I adore.

From the Co-washing, my previously irritatable and itchy scalp feels calm and happy most of the time, and my hair feels smoother and more resilient. A calm scalp was my primary hair goal for this year, and I'm incredibly happy that I not only achieved it, but in a way that makes my hair happier too.

Lengthwise, I went from mid-neck in late spring to just past collarbone now.

Things I tried this year that I didn't like the effects of:
Lemon juice in my henna irritated my scalp something awful, so now I use water or flaxseed gel. An experiment with whole-milk yogurt as a conditioning treatment left my scalp sore, and my hair unbelieveably lank and smelling of cream for days. I tried the Tangle Teezer brush, but it left my scalp irritated and ripped out an unbelievable amount of hair.
I want to reach APL, which is the longest my hair has ever been before. I'll probably get there in mid-summer, and then maintain there for the rest of the year, in the hope of thickening up my hemline.

Cantabile
December 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM

-CV Shampoo bars
-ACV rinses followed by a cold water rinse
-Jojoba oil
-Wooden combs
-Ficcares
-Satin pillowcase
-Braiding my hair for bed

-Waist
-Grew out my bangs
-Ends are split-free
-Trimmed only once this year

-CO
-WO
-Too much conditioner in my ACV rinse - resulted in oily-feeling hair

-Trim once, sometime between Dec 2008 - Jan 2009
-Grow to hip with same routine

Haith
December 22nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
). What worked for your hair in 2008?

This year I stopped using heat styling, sulphates and cones. I also stopped pulling my hair into a ponytail every day, and now I bun it with claw-clips or a hair fork. I have started washing much less, and CO washing every other time or so.

I have softer, thicker, shinier hair with less breakage. And its longer too, of course! Though, my hair was in pretty good shape when I joined, its even better and more beautiful now.:p

Vinegar rinses didn't work for me at all.:mad: My hair is much happier without them.

My goal is to continue what I have been doing this past year. I'm not going to cave and try all these new cone and sulphate laden products. I'm not going to heat style. I'm going to continue trimming it myself. And I'm going to try and grow to TB this year!
:cheese:

Misha
December 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Oiling, and started to wear my hair up (bunned, french twist) everyday starting mid-year. No more

Grew out layers in the back. My hair has become really shiney and silky looking, and starting to look long (to me anyways).

Blow dry the length straight, I used to do this daily pre LHCshudder:.

Goals - grow grow grow! I'll try not to trim, just SD as needed!

kelsoberry
December 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
stopped cutting my hair, and decided to work through that stupid mullet phase after growing out a pixie. I've thrown out my old Herbal Essence shampoo. I've stopped shampooing every day and try to focus more on conditioner only and shampoo occasionally.

I've finally reached shoulder length!

Bleach! I used to use the harshest hair dye and then strip out the top layers of my hair for bleached highlights. I've since thrown out my bleach.

Healthier, longer hair. I'm starting to use henna, but I'm not sure if I can get the coloring I need since I used chemical dye to lighten my hair to a bright red. If nothing else, I'll at least dye less frequently or only focus on the roots.

Periwinkle
December 24th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I think I've achieved the most growth by following a particlarly coplicated technique called Not Cutting It All Off. Other than that, oiling, only shampooing the scalp, and combing, not brushing. Everything I've learned from LHC!

I think I was at about APL in January, judging by photos from the time, and now I'm at can-I-call-this-waist when wet. I've gained quite some length, as well as the most creative (ahem) layering job I think I've ever seen, which is interesting...

Cut any more %&%*&*$ layers. Never again!!

Keep trimming half my growth every month in an effort to remove the aforementioned wacko layers. By the end of the year, the bottom layer should be long gone! I should also be at solid waist by the end of the year, and I may cut a fringe...we'll see.

Cryspatus
December 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
What worked/What I achieved

In the beginning of 2008 my hair was bleached then dyed back to the natural color and only a few inches of it were virgin hair (down to my ears). I just started to grow it out naturally. In the summer I cut all the damage off and now my hair is layered APL, completely dye-free.

Cut any more &#37;&%*&*$ layers. Never again!!

Dye it or cut layers.

To slowly grow out most of my layers by the end of the year, to do dustings instead of full trims.

snowbird
December 25th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I've crossed over into hair nirvana where I'm happy with it everyday and rarely think about it. Nothing really changed in 08, my routine is sorted and it's (hopefully) smooth sailing here-on-out :D

shoulder-width?

On 07 I was doing h202 rinses to lighten, and not have a (subtle) two tone that I tried to dye out in 08 but didn't stick. I look forward to being rid of the two tone in...a decade :/
will never dye again!

trim bangs only, try to be as happy as 08 :)
I would like to graduate from 'fro' to 'mane', but that's a rather subjective transition

Debra83
December 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
a) no more brushing
b) no more fighting my natural curls
c) sleeping on a satin pillowcase
d) using henna instead of hairdye
e) CWC
f) Coconut Oil
g) head massages
h) air drying
i) vitamins

a) growth already
b) happier, healthier looking hair
c) LHC :cheese:

a) hair dye
b) emotional cutting hair
c) perms
d) brush

a) to get to waist length from shoulder!
b) continue as LHC showed me to start
c) catnip rinse (in cupboard waiting already)
d) LHC support!

janeytilllie
December 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
i).What worked for your hair in 2008?

1. Using coconut oil for hair and leaving in over night this has helped my hair alot and does wonders on my ends i love it! :D

2. Im never using SLS shampoos again i get rashes with them :( i now use organic chemical free soap with shea butter in.

3. I am aiming to make my ends look better and try and grow my layers out. I am hoping my coconut oil will help and i have also started taking vit tablets :)

4. In 2008 using coconut oil and stopping SLS shampoo and cones conditoners have helped alot i will show you all with a couple of pics :D

heres my hair at beginning of 2008

http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq44/janeytilllie/th_hairage19.jpg

my hair was thin and my ends were terrible!

Heres my hair now tonight my hair has grown alot and also has thickend. :cheese:

http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq44/janeytilllie/th_25-12-08_2235.jpg

cassie_g
December 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Doing shampoo scalp washes every Sunday night and the conditioning the entire length.
Nearly go to classic.
I cut in some 'face framing layers' in front. Not doing that again.
Get to and then maintain a length of 40". I'll measure every other month and trim off any new growth after I reach 40".

dalriada-lady
December 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM

I found this website in June, visited alot and read alot, learned alot of recipes and went back to using Henna for coloring hair.

1. Found the best recipe ever for hair and skin; a mix of Shea Butter, Almond Oil and Aloe Vera Gel. (very moisturizing on both hair and skin.)

2. Tried CO washing for 3 months. hair was not impressed. felt quite silky but a bit greasy.

3. Started washing with poo less, changed poo. now i wash once a week and hair loves it.

4. Changed Condish. Using several different ones when i wash. Alberto V05 Almond and Honey Condish, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Color Me Happy condish, Clairol Mega Moisture Treatment Condish ( hair adores it.)

1. Hair better Moisturized.

2. Grew about 2 1/2 inches between Jan. and Dec. 2008. (mostly due to breakage and tangles.)

3. Started using Henna again, hair very happy and shiny.

1. I won't go back to Chemical coloring.

2. I will never use untried treatment conditioners.

3. Never go a day without unbraiding my hair and brushing it with a BBB twice a day.

1. Cut ends more often than twice a year.

2. Moisturize hair more.

3. Try and grow my hair at least 4-5 inches in 2009, hopefully hair will reach waist by july.

4. Care much more for my hair this new year.

I have been keeping my hair braided and often have not brushed my hair daily which causes major tangles. have a weird U or open V hemline due to breakage and major tangles.

minkstole
December 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM

Getting my roots highlighted instead of full-on colour = less damage

This will sound so simple to other people, but by just getting a trim every now and again, instead of actual haircuts where I have all my lengths and more cut of, I have actually gained a few inches this year.

Never say never;) but I&#180;m fairly certain that I will never go dark again. It&#180;s for the most simple of reasons, really: I can&#180;t afford twice monthly upkeep with the roots, and dark blond roots growing in in dark hair, makes me look like I&#180;m balding.

Do as I do now: small trim and high lights every three months or so, and I think I will hits BSL sometime in 2009 for the very first time in my life!

curls2grow
December 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Stopped coloring my hair
I feel good about my grey showing. My hair is much healthier since quitting coloring.
I would not do all-over permanent hair color, no matter how "gentle" anyone says a certain brand is.
Will resume daily scalp massage; I think it previously helped me with hair growth. Also, to get back to using shea butter or coconut oil on my ends. Want to reach APL with my hair dry/curly (so much shrinkage disguises my growth). I will keep trimming regularly to maintain healthy ends and get the faded colored hair off gradually.

mjm4
December 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM
CO washes :cheese: i think i found bliss in them

less hairfall, more glossy, softer, easier to manage after washes (it's naturally wavy; goes curly after washing)

i am extremely anti-cone. that much i know. also, must not cut hair with random (maybe fabric-purposed) scissors, as they distroy my hair :(

try SMT (after much recommendation by LHC users). also, try more frequent washing; perhaps would mean more moisture and less breakage?

good luck everyone for your new year's hair resolutions :D

Sissy
December 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
i).What worked for your hair in 2008?

1. Using coconut oil for hair and leaving in over night this has helped my hair alot and does wonders on my ends i love it! :D

2. Im never using SLS shampoos again i get rashes with them :( i now use organic chemical free soap with shea butter in.

3. I am aiming to make my ends look better and try and grow my layers out. I am hoping my coconut oil will help and i have also started taking vit tablets :)

4. In 2008 using coconut oil and stopping SLS shampoo and cones conditoners have helped alot i will show you all with a couple of pics :D

heres my hair at beginning of 2008

http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq44/janeytilllie/th_hairage19.jpg

my hair was thin and my ends were terrible!

Heres my hair now tonight my hair has grown alot and also has thickend. :cheese:

http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq44/janeytilllie/th_25-12-08_2235.jpg

Wow, that's some amazing improvements to be showing in just one year :cheese:Awesome!!! I hope I'll have a great comparison shot like that by the end of 2009!

janeytilllie
December 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I cant wait till next yearto see what my hair is like then:cheese: lol

my coconut oil is my hero :bowtome:

Lady Lilya
December 26th, 2008, 09:04 PM

Discovering LHC!

A desire to grow it longer.

Cut off significant amounts. I don't know what I was thinking!

Most of my goals are a lot longer term than that. I want to regain the thickness I used to have, but since I plan to have more children I know that will be a few years.

For 2009, I want to experiment with some more up dos and hair toys.

I also have this image in my mind I want to draw, which just happens to have long hair in it. (If I ever find time to work on it, when I finish I will try to have it scanned in and post it for everyone here to see.)

Honey39
December 27th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I just wanted to say that I have read all the way through this thread and I have got so many ideas of things that I am going to try in 2009:

- Definitely going to try vinegar rinses
- Shampoo bars???
- Experiment with updos - this has been a bit of a no-no area for me, but I would like to learn

Thank you for the inspiration all at LHC!!

Honey39
December 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I've dug up my old thread from this time last year. So, if you posted in it - did you achieve your resolution for 2009???

spidermom
December 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Look at this! An entire thread got by without my notice last year. I thought I posted in all of them. Or half of them; I don't know. But I missed this one.

Lamb
December 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Great thread!

i). What worked for your hair in 2008? Conditioner, not combing when dry, leave-ins, diluting my shampoo. ETA: vitamins!
ii). What did you achieve hair-wise? Better curl-definition.
iii). Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? Cutting it! :mad:
iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? 1.No trims until March, at least. 2.Making my hair more split-proof by moisturizing and keeping it covered in the cold/wind/sun. 3.Getting below shoulders by December 2009! 4.Growing out my fringe.
i) Vitamins still work, I no longer dilute my shampoo. Leave-ins are still a part of my routine.
ii) Hmm, keepin' that up.
iii) and iv) The least said the better here. :horse:

RoseRedDead
December 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
How time flies!

i). What worked for your hair in 2009?

CO washing
Prewash heavy oilings with EVOO
Wearing hair up 90&#37; of the time
Avoiding aloe!
Lightly oiling before detangling in the morning
Leave-in conditioners
Damp bunning
No protein!
Light 'coneing occasionally to help with tangles

I've finally beaten my incessant dryness! And I've gained length!

Use protein (unless my hair becomes stretchy and mushy) or aloe.

iv). What are your goals for your hair in 2010 and how are you going to achieve them?

My goals are to keep on keeping on, gain length, and enjoy my hair for what it is.

MsBubbles
December 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
This is fun! Apparently I posted but I have zero recollection about it:

Achieve blunt hemline at BSL through monthly mini self-trims, then grow another 3" in length (I hope!) with healthier looking hair.

Check! Sort of. I did achieve the blunt BSL hemline, but only got another extra 2", one of which I just chopped off yesterday in disgust.

Thanks for reviving your old thread, Honey39!

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I tried going CO a couple times a week, and feel I've been rewarded with more shine, less tangles, less split ends, and softer hair overall! I also began using Aussie products, which I've been very happy with, especially the 3-minute Miracle!:cheese:
I didn't start measuring until about August or so, but since I started taking the osteoporosis vitamins and the Biotin, I've noticed faster growth. I think I've had almost 2 inches of growth in 4 months...which also for me, means more trimming, so it's not getting super-long, super-fast. :mad: On the good side, my bangs (fringe) I had 11 years ago is finally 40" like the rest of my hair, thanks to that last trim! ;)
I will definitely NEVER put my hair in tiny braids and sleep in them! I had the toughest time getting the ends in good shape again after doing that!!!
My goal is to let it continue to grow, and I will definitely still be trimming, until it reaches the tops of my thighs. I have maybe 3 or 4 inches to go, so I may or may not be there by this time next year. But if I do reach that goal, I will no longer be trimming. (The main idea behind the trimming was to get the fringe as long as the rest of my hair):cool:

Well...for one thing, I DID reach my goal, and am even past it!! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: However, I'm still trimming. Sorry, but I'm just too addicted to my blunt ends right now to just let it grow. :p

Other than that - I quit using the Aussie products, and went CO, cone-free on a regular basis. I have been doing it since January and I still love it. :D

Plus, the size of my letters changed. ;)

chrissy-b
December 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
CWC, oils, cassia, wearing it up so I wouldn't cut.

I've gained about 7 inches so far, went from 1.5 inches in thickness to 2.25 inches and have very few split ends despite my dyed ends and not trimming all year.

Permanent commercial dyes.

I plan to do another year w/o cutting (except for the trim I'm going to give myself in a couple of weeks) so by the end of 2009 I will be somewhere between BSL and waist. I want to try catnip rinses and be more diligent about ACV rinses but mainly I want to have a simpler routine and practice a little benign neglect.

I pretty much did just that. I'm at lower BSL, haven't cut since last January, tried the catnip rinses but now only use the tea in cassia treatments, and ACV when I CO. And being in school full-time again, I couldn't help but mostly ignore my hair. Yay me! :)

Athena's Owl
December 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM

well what worked was leaving it alone, for the most part.

it's a lot longer than i had expected my hair could really get. I don't think i really believed that I could have tailbone length hair.

leave it alone quite so much as I did. I had to deal with a lot of tangling, and i'm sure that caused damage.

improve my hair's strength and health. I'm going to baby the ends and keep on working the moisture. at some point i'm going to do a henna, and that's going to be fun/interesting/oh my god how am I going to henna this much hair?

2009 is also going to be a trimming year - i'm going to work on bulking up the hemline and finding the length that balances how I want my hair to look with how easy it is to maintain.

jel
December 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Extra Virgin Olive oil (both as leave-in and heavy oiling)
CWC, henna, no trims - as in previous 3 years :D

A richer, brighter colour using a temporary (deposit-only) dye over my henna
The tip of my V-shaped hemline hitting my lower back

Use a mix of henna and cassia - results in hair that's too golden orange for my taste.

I'm hoping to reach my ultimate length goal (tailbone) and start maintaining there. It will be hard to start trimming again, especially as I like my fairy-tale ends...

Well, yeah... :o

I have reached tailbone, but still haven't started a trimming schedule.

I'm still using EVOO and CO, doing CWC and hennaing the roots. Even, occasionally, applying temporary dye to brighten up the colour.

One thing that was different in 2009 is wearing my hair up. Previously, I was more likely to wear it loose, but now I only do that less than 10% of the time. Maybe 5%!

Goals for 2010? Not sure. Maybe maintaining at tailbone, or cutting back to waist/hip so I can wear it down more... Still hennaing, though! :D

maxzeen
December 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I didn't join LHC around this time, but if I would have my hair probably would have been in better condition

klcqtee
December 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM

I just found LHC!

I love it here. I tried CO, which worked nice but takes too long, and ways my hair down with my current coney conditioner.
I have regained some of my waviness now that I've gotten more length
I started coconut oiling
stretching washes
fell in love with CWC
swore off chemical dyes (after a bad decision back in July)

Went from about jaw length to just past APL

Chemical dyes! (of course, I said that last time too...)

I'd looooove to be waist length by the end of 2009, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to achieve that. It'll be close!
I'm hoping to have virgin hair past APL. Hopefully I'll either have virgin hair, or have hennaed hair, and I'll finally be happy with my hair colour. At the very least, I'll be so close to my goal!

jojo
December 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
[quote=jojo;388163]What worked for your hair in 2008? oiling my ends and doing more deep oilings/ conditioning on my hair

This still works for me

What did you achieve hair-wise? I grew 5.5" depite cutting a couple of inches in total off from apl to bsl and I also got thicker hair.

Grew 5.5" but 2.5" trimmed off during the year, so approx 2" down in growth this year, hardly suprising really. Went from BSL to nearly waist

Anything you wouldn’t do again hair-wise? blow dry,straighten or dye

Erm............dont blow dry, but have straightened 4 times this year and I got a few highlights done

What are your goals for your hair in 2009 and how are you going to achieve them? I am hoping for waist length hair by the begining of winter. I am on a no trims year but will continue to s&d. I also shall continue with doing weekly deep conditionings or oilings and will daily put a light oiling on my ends.

Well I hope for nearly hip length this time next year. I am trimming 2 times a year and get my roots done 3 times a year. I continue on the road of 2x a week DC or oilings and will continue to lightly oil my ends every morning and keep hair up as much as possible!

Isblå
December 8th, 2009, 01:23 PM
[quote=Honey39;382955]

i). What worked for your hair in 2009?
Throwing the old brush out, and only using my wooden comb, ACV rinces
Some length, a bit of shine, confidence not to cut, learnt a couple of updos, got more curls somehow?
Soap containing glycerine I guess, (yucky waxy hair)
Grow longer hair by not cutting and avoiding tangles. Keeping hair up at work, always.