PDA

View Full Version : Bragging a bit

CindyLea1
December 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hello Folks,

I just wanted to share an awesome hair story with folks.

Last Saturday my husband had a company christmas party. The Friday morning after I washed my hair I pulled it into a high ponytail, then braided it and put one of those "velcro"self holding curlers in thebottom without an elastic. I left it in for about 30 hours to dry and make hopefully awesome waves. I was a bit nervous about what to do with it after that, or if I'd have to wash it and go.

Well, the braid waves were AWESOME! I wanted to wear it down but out of my face, as I would have to be chasing 4 kids during this event. I took the chunk of hair that grows from just a titch behind my ears to the back of my side swept bangs. Split it in half and twisted them together pulling towards the back of my head. I did this on both sides of my head. then I secured the twists at the crown with a clear elastic. I then stick a snowflake hair fork in the elastic, so that the flake was in the V of the twists and the forks were through the elastic and hidden in the down hair.

About an hour before we left I had to go get the puppy in from outside. My neighbor was walking to the mailbox and stopped me to tell me I looked like a goddess!:cheese: Her words. HEHEHE

After donning my black leather pants, black high heeled boots, pink camisole, and black suit jacket I was feeling pretty good about the evening.

During the party, they announced the most festive dressed awards. I got 2nd runner up! And a cheesy headband with felt reindeer antlers! :D

Last night, while my husband and I were out running errands he told me that one of his buddies wife's had commented on my hair. Apparently, she has been trying to grow hers out. Her hair is just a bit shorter than mine. She told her husband that she loved my hair and was not going to cut hers into the bob she was thinking about. WOOHOO for her!!!!:D:D:D:D

Thanks for reading this impossibly long bragging post!

CindyLea

Siava
December 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Awesome! :D

spidermom
December 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM
These stories are better with pictures.

Tashomani
December 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Awwwww Cindy How nice! That would make you feel so good to have a compliment like that!! I love it when anyone tells me anything nice about my hair! You are not bragging....just stating the fact! You have great hair!!

SHELIAANN1969
December 15th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yay for 2 wonderful compliments in the same day! Woot woot. And you may have converted someone unknowingly :) Maybe you can give her some tips the next time you see her.

Islandgrrl
December 15th, 2008, 10:54 AM
What a wonderful experience! Yay for you!!! :happydance:

Katze
December 15th, 2008, 11:06 AM
what a great hair experience, and how empowering. May you have more of the same!

:cheese:

LutraLutra
December 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
If anyone wants to brag about their hair, then there can't be a better place than this! Being told you "look like a goddess"? it just doesn't get any better than that. :cheer:

Ryanne
December 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
That's great! Wonderful compliments!

Melisande
December 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM
What a wonderful story! Oh why why why does it never happen to me...???? :-P

I wish you'd show us a picture. It sounds georgeous and really goddess-like. Oh, I love such stories. Your husband must have been so proud!!!

YogaGirl59
December 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Good for you! We don't consider it bragging on this site, we are just enjoying our hair.

I can't wait for my hair be "goddess" length. Hey, that should be a new hair length classification!

skay
December 15th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Hello Folks,

<snip>

During the party, they announced the most festive dressed awards. I got 2nd runner up! And a cheesy headband with felt reindeer antlers! :D

<snip>

CindyLea

Hi CindyLea, wow, that's awesome you won an award. Congratulations!!

Sounds like your hair (and outfit) was a hit!!

invisiblebabe
December 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Haha that's awesome :) I want to see pictures too!

angelthadiva
December 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I concur, SM...Must see pics of the antlers! :)

CindyLea1
December 16th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Sorry folks,

No pictures, but next time I do this hair do I will post them. Maybe in a couple of days, today is hair wash day!

Thanks for all the compliments. If it were not for you folks, I'm sure I would have chopped my mid buttocks length hair awhile ago. The 2 week rule RULES!!!

CindyLea

RavennaNight
December 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Yay! Compliments rock! I'm glad you inspired someone out of the dreaded bob!

zift
December 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Demanding pictures from a newbie? Don't scare her already :lol:

Hi there CindyLea:waving: I enjoyed reading your story and your hair really looks inspirational judging from your avatar.:) Welcome to LHC:flowers:

GibsonGirlV
December 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Oooh, it sounds beautiful!

Darn you for teasing us like this and then not showing us pictures!!!

I really like your idea of putting a velcro curler in the end of the braid. I'll have to try that.

jojo
December 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds fun! welcome and dare I say photos please in a very welcoming and subtle way!

Ryanne
December 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM
That's great!

CindyLea1
December 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Oooh, it sounds beautiful!

Darn you for teasing us like this and then not showing us pictures!!!

I really like your idea of putting a velcro curler in the end of the braid. I'll have to try that.

I have found a good way to keep the blasted thing in for more than 2 minutes with out tangling.

I make sure most of the ends are straight, I run a fine toothed comb through the last few inches a couple of times. The I wrap the ends, and make sure the first wrap overlaps the ends. This keeps them from boinging out everywhere, and tangling into a rat's nest at the end. Then I slide a bobby pin onto the curler, the end with the bend in in the middle of the curler, and the long straighter end over the curler, and the hair. With the braid, I poked the curler through the braided part.

** side note-- This last time I did loose the curler. So I modified it a bit. I took the very end of the side that was on top of the curler and poked it through the curler(after it was over the hair), so that it went into the middle just a hair. This kept it so secure, I could have worn it for a week!!

Gaelic Girl
December 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a very romantic do! Congratulations on being the Belle of the ball and for inspiring others. Long, healthy hair is so much more beautiful than chopped, damaged hair and yours is glorious! :flowers:

AutumnSky
December 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
"You look like a goddess" = Best. Compliment. Ever. Go you!

I have A's company party on Sunday....I only HOPE I can pull off "goddess". ;-p

Fencai
December 17th, 2008, 09:45 AM
that's really cool!!!! congrats on all the nice compliments and being an inspiration to someone else!