PDA

View Full Version : Gowth progress pics-short to midback

Mike
December 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hi All,
I am looking for a bit of inspiration. I am attaching my current pic. Hopefully it is not gigantic like the last time I posted it. My goal is mid back which I think is BSL or Bro Strap Length since I am a guy. Can anyone show their progress pictures from my length to long and give me an idea of the timeframe it took to reach your goal or longest pic? Thanks and happy Holidays All.
Mike

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq21/MikeLHC_photos/DSC01763-1-2.jpg

Peggy E.
December 15th, 2008, 09:45 AM
And here am I, no help at all, just wanted to say your hair looks fabulous! Well cared for, healthy, shining and it's going to be amazing at "bro" strap length. (Isn't it amazing the amount of "Seinfeld" terminology that's become part of the language?!)

Also, everyone's hair grows differently. Men's tends to grow more quickly, thanks to all that testosterone going on. I'm sure there will be someone here who will give you a good idea of the time-frame; sorry it's not me!

Keep up the good work, though, you are obviously doing something very right!

wintersun99
December 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Mike
December 15th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks Peggy, my hair is healthy thanks to the great advice I got here on LHC. Thank you Winter, I had no idea what APL was and now know it is my firast goal on the way to my ultimate goal.
Mike

Katze
December 15th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Bro strap! Great!

My BF started with hair your length when we got together. Now, three years and three months later, he'd be at 'Bro strap', or longer, if we hadn't cut about 5 inches off in August. As it is, he is APL, stretched, but his hair grows like a weed. He also has a long back/torso, which is another factor to consider.

Wait...pics...here he is at about your length (brushed straight, braided half up):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annecat73/291410206/sizes/o/

And here he is before the cut, when his hair was looking pretty ratty. Note that the ponytail swallows some length.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annecat73/2679682157/sizes/o/

This is a more recent pic (October), after the cut. It's grown a lot since then.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annecat73/3002601368/sizes/o/

Mine has taken about 5 years to grow from shoulder to mid-back (BSL is mid back for me as I am short waisted) but I have been trimming damage and layers.

jojo
December 15th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Katze your partner is gorgeous!

Sorry for the hijack!

Ryanne
December 15th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm no help either, I just wanted to say that your hair looks really healthy and very shiny!

Mike
December 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks Katze and Ryanne. Katze his is definitely longer in the first picture. I can do a stub of a ponytail and can't braid yet. I guess that's good for now since I don't know how :D.

Kerynna
December 15th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Mike, your hair looks really good! Keep growing it, you'll catch many admiring looks, I'm sure.

Mike
December 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks Kerynna. It's funny, I ran into an ex-girlfriend 2 weeks ago and all she could talk about was how much she liked my hair longer like this. I have been getting more and more positive compliments as it gets longer and only a few not so positive. Those come from some buddies that probably are jealous because they can't reject some social lack of acceptance of guys with long hair. I could care less. It's my life and this is fun.
Mike

Katze
December 16th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I have been getting more and more positive compliments as it gets longer and only a few not so positive. Those come from some buddies that probably are jealous because they can't reject some social lack of acceptance of guys with long hair. I could care less. It's my life and this is fun.
Mike

I think the people who have problems with long hair on men are slowly dying out. :D BF's dad makes comments, to which I loudly reply that I hope our kid gets BF's hair and not mine, but his dad is really just teasing him and pretending to be conservative.

It's great that you are doing what you want. Your hair really does look very healthy, so if you take good care of it and you it will grow! And, in my experience, guys' hair grows faster. I guess it's like BF says, because guys tend to do less with it and leave it alone!

It is kind of hard to see exactly how long your hair is because it's brushed straight back, but it is not far off from a 'bob', which can be longer or shorter...

happy growing!

Mike
December 16th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I think the people who have problems with long hair on men are slowly dying out. :D BF's dad makes comments, to which I loudly reply that I hope our kid gets BF's hair and not mine, but his dad is really just teasing him and pretending to be conservative.

It's great that you are doing what you want. Your hair really does look very healthy, so if you take good care of it and you it will grow! And, in my experience, guys' hair grows faster. I guess it's like BF says, because guys tend to do less with it and leave it alone!

It is kind of hard to see exactly how long your hair is because it's brushed straight back, but it is not far off from a 'bob', which can be longer or shorter...

happy growing!
It's funny Katze I got a nice compliment from a girl at the grocery store tonight. Next thing you know she is a hairstylist and wants me to come in for a trim to even it out "just a bit". Imagine my reaction after my razorlady post. I set a new world record for the 100 yard dash.
Mike