PDA

View Full Version : another grey question!

jojo
December 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM
My hair is a dark blond with red tones in it (see siggi) and I have a sprinkling of greys, more in my right hand side. Now I am growing long, when the rest of my hair goes grey will I have a line where they started or will the greys be more streaky?

Hope this isn't such a stupid question. Those of you who started off growing with non-grey hair, how did your hair look as it grew and got greyer? TIA xx:confused:

spidermom
December 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
The grey hairs grow in from the root, so they're going to be more or less streaky. You aren't going to have a line because hair doesn't emerge in one color and then turn grey. Well, I've heard of that happening actually, but most of them don't. (PS--see photo album for further information)

Speckla
December 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Do you mean will you have some hairs that are 1/2 grey and 1/2 red? I haven't seen any on my head so far that are like that. I have grey streaks in my bangs and sides and greys shot through the rest of my hair. I'm sure it'll be different though as I grow out longer. My ends will be darker and my roots will have more grey and be lighter.
________
LIST OF TOYOTA ENGINES HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Toyota_engines)

Anje
December 14th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I've had hairs that were half-red, half-gray (pre-henna, that is; now all the grays are like that). Oddly, sometimes the root end had color, too, so I think follicles add color in starts and stops when they first start going gray, at least on me. (My mother has 1/2 and 1/2 hairs, too, sometimes with color on the root end. Either it's normal, or it runs in the family.)

In my experience, grays always streak in, but on longer hair it can form a gradient of darker ends and paler roots. I'm sure you won't have a line where the gray all just starts, though, unless you dye it.

HairColoredHair
December 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM
That depends how fast you go gray, I think. Some people who went gray quickly have have demarcation in their hair, but it's not a straight line by any means... a lady I work with is like that, though she's slowly trimming the non-gray off... reddish blonde on the tips, a short section of mixed tones and then beautiful silvery gray! (She has at least waist length hair. :D )

jojo
December 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks everybody, your replies all make sense!

Spike
December 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I've had a handful that were mixed--dark ends and grey roots--and I knew someone with cinnamon ends (at her knees) that turned to silver roots at her scalp, so you can get two-tone hairs.

But no, even Firehair did not have a neat "line" of demarcation, it was more of a cinnamon/sugar hemline for about six inches, then fade to grey.