PDA

View Full Version : Blowdrying on cool?

scarlettann
December 14th, 2008, 05:28 PM
So I like to take morning showers, but with my hair it looks bad if I air dry and even worse if I blowdry.

The thing is airdrying takes FOREVER and if I go to school with it wet it'll barely be dry by the end of the day...

Is blowdrying your hair on the cool setting just as damaging as the heat? Could I do that to speed up drying my hair in the morning?

Or is there another way I can get my hair to dry faster?
:confused:

Speckla
December 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM
The cool setting will not do any damage.
________
G PLATFORM (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_G_platform)

spidermom
December 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I blow-dry whenever I feel like it, on warm for the scalp area, on cool for the length. I've managed to grow to tailbone length so far, and my hair is in good condition, although I do get some split ends. I've been told that if you can tolerate the heat at an inch away on your neck, it's not hot enough to damage your hair.

scarlettann
December 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I blow-dry whenever I feel like it, on warm for the scalp area, on cool for the length. I've managed to grow to tailbone length so far, and my hair is in good condition, although I do get some split ends. I've been told that if you can tolerate the heat at an inch away on your neck, it's not hot enough to damage your hair.

Okay, I'll try that! Thanks. :)

Elphie
December 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I fluff on cool after air drying for about half an hour on my weekday washdays (about twice a week) and I haven't found it to be damaging at all.

NeilTheFuzz
December 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I used to dry my hair using the cold setting on my hair dryer and my hair did sort of feel softer and less strawy than if I dried it on the hot setting. It takes a little longer than the hot setting, and the only unpleasant side I can remember is that it can make your head, ears and neck feel rather chilly :(

Haith
December 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
My only concern with this would be the manual damage caused from the hair blowing all over... tangles, splits, that sort of thing-- I have stopped blowdrying alltogether because my hair is fine and tangles easily. The temperature shouldn't hurt your hair, so as long as you use a brush or something to keep your hair from blowing everywhich way, this should minimize the physical damage to the strands.

Also, perhaps you can shower in the evenings so that your hair is dry when you go out in the day?

Katahdin
December 14th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I blow-dry sometimes, only on the cool setting. I can't imagine it does any damage, unless you're being rough with a comb while you do it.

I do find it makes my hair a bit dry, so I usually stop when it's still on the damp side, then add some EVOO.