PDA

View Full Version : Armpit | Midback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

vpatt
May 13th, 2016, 08:27 AM
I envy you all for your curls. I find my shrinking hair to be very curious as I have just waves......my younger daughter is a curly girl, tho hers didn't turn curly until she was a teen. The mysteries of hair, lol.

lapushka
May 13th, 2016, 08:29 AM
What do you guys consider APL? Would it be the point where your hair reaches the end of your armpit?

Do the towel test. It's done a lot around here. You put a towel underneath your arms and if you hit that towel, you are APL.

Edit: oh I see vpatt already rec'd it to you. :o

Mirabele
May 13th, 2016, 09:15 AM
I am calling it BSL, ladies. i reach the upper part of my bra, finally! though it felt like it took ages to grow, i did see some growth after comparing some pictures. to make it more complicated, i am tall and i wear my bra very low.
left photo, january, right photo, today. i actually started from APL in October 2015, or maybe earlier, i did have two microtrims in that period. anyway, i am very happy with my growth (and increased thickness as well). thanks everybody for support and advices here, i will stay at this thread for a while anyway, at least til i reach the lower part of my bra :)

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp10/Mirabele_krist/659b856f-2b4b-4e60-8c9c-950579e1de55_zpscv2ubrm1.jpg

Mirabele
May 13th, 2016, 09:19 AM
double post

pili
May 13th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Congratulations, Mirabele!

H o n є y ❤
May 13th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Do the towel test. It's done a lot around here. You put a towel underneath your arms and if you hit that towel, you are APL.

Edit: oh I see vpatt already rec'd it to you. :o
I hit the towel but only barely. I don't think I wanna call APL just yet. I think I'll be able to call it, at the least, another month. Then I will definitely be joining this thread!

H o n є y ❤
May 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM
I envy you all for your curls. I find my shrinking hair to be very curious as I have just waves......my younger daughter is a curly girl, tho hers didn't turn curly until she was a teen. The mysteries of hair, lol.
Hey, waves are just as beautiful!

lithostoic
May 13th, 2016, 11:28 AM
My midlengths and ends may not look thin to you guys but they're less than half the thickness of the base of my ponytail. Which to me is very thin! Maybe I'll only microtrim when I reach BSL, I dunno. As for now I'm not trimming at all. But in all likelihood I'll cut back about an inch at BSL and then only microtrim.

Glimmer
May 15th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I have been wearing my hair up since March. I took it down the other day and decided to put on a bra- LOL sorry if that is TMI but I am currently a housewife and don't always wear one..but I digress. I put one on and low and behold my hair is brushing the top of my bra. :magic: Just like magic is seems to have grown. I won't call it until it is in the middle of my bra because I am short waisted and the bottom of my bra is close to waist LOL...So, I know some go with top of bra, others bottom of bra so I am going to middle of bra. So, I have about another couple months but it growing...Yayyyy. :joy:

Also, this is the first time ever that I really do like my hair. Not sure what is different this time around but I have NO desire to cut it and normally at this length I am ready to chop. SO, I think I am finally going to make it to waist eventually. Of course, I also wanted to be thinner with long hair...now if I could just lose some weight. But that is a discussion for a different forum I think. :D

@vpatt I also have waves instead of curl. I do wish I had curl but I always had straight hair as a child and when I went through menopause it started to wave. Not sure why but I will take it.

@Mirabele Congrats!!! :joy: I will be seeing you in the waist thread hopefully soon. :pray:

@pili Your hair is so beautiful. I wish I had those curls. But I guess we always want what we don't have. :shrug:

pili
May 15th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Thank you, Glimmer.

Mirabele
May 15th, 2016, 09:40 AM
thank you, Glimmer and pili! :)

ReadingRenee
May 16th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I am calling it BSL, ladies. i reach the upper part of my bra, finally! though it felt like it took ages to grow, i did see some growth after comparing some pictures. to make it more complicated, i am tall and i wear my bra very low.
left photo, january, right photo, today. i actually started from APL in October 2015, or maybe earlier, i did have two microtrims in that period. anyway, i am very happy with my growth (and increased thickness as well). thanks everybody for support and advices here, i will stay at this thread for a while anyway, at least til i reach the lower part of my bra :)

]

Congratulations Mirabele!

I checked last night after my shower and I have finally reached BSL wet and stretched. But I want to reach BSL dry and wavy so Im going to hang out here a while longer. I don't think I will reach BSL dry and wavy until Halloween or Thanksgiving. We will see. :)

lapis_lazuli
May 16th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Congrats, Mirabele! :D

Keep on growing, ladies and gents! :cheer:

Anya15
May 16th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Hi ^^ i am longer than APL, but my shortest layers (the ones on the sides of my face) have just reached APL on the front, so I'm joining this thread to keep track of their progress :p stretched, of course. I am a stretcher since my waves eat up as much as 2" to 3" of my length.

I'll put up a photo soon.

ladyshep
May 17th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I almost gave into my decision to cut two inches off of my hair! NO! I must not! It is healthy looking so I don't even know why I thought to do this, especially since by summer I should be at BSL.

poli
May 17th, 2016, 12:41 PM
My hair dried pretty straight today, so it looks like I have 1 cm till the top of the bra band and another one to safely call it.
I'm using the herbal growth serum this month, hope it works to speed up my growing rate.
Hate being almost there but not quite so. :knitfrog:

stahil
May 17th, 2016, 07:03 PM
My hair from the back. It's hard to see since it's black on black. Hopefully you can tell. My ends are pretty thin at this time.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/shalinimunjal/APL_zpsbcpzedk3.jpg

Pol
May 18th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Seems like lots of people are getting close! Yay!

ladyshep
May 18th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Well, I got the scissors out and...

No I didn't cut two inches off, but I almost cut to shoulder length again (to make a no more layers hair style)

But, instead, I trimmed my front layers to shape it up a bit, to blend in with the top layers better. It looks nice. I am so glad that I didn't hack it all off.

Let us know if the herbal growth serum works, poli!

Very nice stahil!

ReadingRenee
May 18th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Well, I got the scissors out and...

No I didn't cut two inches off, but I almost cut to shoulder length again (to make a no more layers hair style)

But, instead, I trimmed my front layers to shape it up a bit, to blend in with the top layers better. It looks nice. I am so glad that I didn't hack it all off.

Let us know if the herbal growth serum works, poli!

Very nice stahil!

Good for you! I have been battling the urge to cut to the length of my shortest layer which I believe would be collarbone on me but I have held off so far. One thing that stops me is I can't guarantee that I would love how my hair looks so much better with one length vs layers and then I will have lost an entire years growth for nothing. Every time I don't do a chop I am really glad later, I never regret not cutting. I have actually started a little photojournal list on my phone of days Im really glad I didn't cut, usually with a really good picture of my hair for documentation. I find it very helpful.

ladyshep
May 18th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Good for you! I have been battling the urge to cut to the length of my shortest layer which I believe would be collarbone on me but I have held off so far. One thing that stops me is I can't guarantee that I would love how my hair looks so much better with one length vs layers and then I will have lost an entire years growth for nothing. Every time I don't do a chop I am really glad later, I never regret not cutting. I have actually started a little photojournal list on my phone of days Im really glad I didn't cut, usually with a really good picture of my hair for documentation. I find it very helpful.

That is awesome advice! I will have to put a sign on my mirror that says "I never regret not cutting." That is great! :cheese: Yeah, I think to myself that it took a year to grow from shoulder length, and wouldn't want to wait again by starting over. NO! :)

irishsapphire
May 18th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Debating the risks of lifting my dyed color to closer to my natural color or dying my hair again, this time as close to my natural color as we can get going off of 10year old photos.....

Have decided that either way, unless my hair is totally fried from whatever we decide to do, I'm not going to trim until it's at least waist and my trim can cut out the layers without going from APL to shoulder like I would if I trimmed in the next few weeks. S&D all the way from here till then.

yahirwaO.o
May 18th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Heres my progress and I'm pretty close to solid BSL. I miss my old camera, used to take so much better pics but this is still ok! I need a trim, right?

April this year.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22369&d=1460075085

This month

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/20160518_163718%20a_zpsmoc8jd1i.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/20160518_163718%20a_zpsmoc8jd1i.jpg.html)

ReadingRenee
May 19th, 2016, 08:00 AM
That is awesome advice! I will have to put a sign on my mirror that says "I never regret not cutting." That is great! :cheese: Yeah, I think to myself that it took a year to grow from shoulder length, and wouldn't want to wait again by starting over. NO! :)

Ladyshep I just remembered who you are! I remember when you had your knee length hair. Wow. That is cool that you know your hair grows that long at least. My hair has never been longer than maybe hip when I was a kid so Im interested to see how long it can get. And yes you don't want to start over! That is what keeps me from cutting as well. I'm glad my advice is helpful. :) I have cut way too many times over the years. I would like to get past that this time.

ReadingRenee
May 19th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Heres my progress and I'm pretty close to solid BSL. I miss my old camera, used to take so much better pics but this is still ok! I need a trim, right?

April this year.

This month

You look BSL to me! I don't think you look like you need a trim but I know its personal preference. Congrats on a milestone of length! :)

ladyshep
May 19th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Ladyshep I just remembered who you are! I remember when you had your knee length hair. Wow. That is cool that you know your hair grows that long at least. My hair has never been longer than maybe hip when I was a kid so Im interested to see how long it can get. And yes you don't want to start over! That is what keeps me from cutting as well. I'm glad my advice is helpful. :) I have cut way too many times over the years. I would like to get past that this time.

Yeah, it took 15 years to grow it that long, but I don't want it that extreme again.

Well, we can just keep encouraging not to cut. :)

ReadingRenee
May 19th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Wow 15 years is quite a while. I don't think I would want super long hair but having never had it I guess I can't say for sure. :)

Yes I definitely seem to need no cutting encouragement at certain lengths. At almost BSL is one of them for some reason.

ladyshep
May 19th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Ooops, I meant 13 years to grow it that long...

Well, have fun on your hair journey! What is the longest you've had your hair, ReadingRenee?

ReadingRenee
May 19th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Ooops, I meant 13 years to grow it that long...

Well, have fun on your hair journey! What is the longest you've had your hair, ReadingRenee?

LOL 13 years is still a super long time! :)

I got my hair to waist when I was pregnant with my 2nd child but cut it all off about 3 months after she was born due to the postpartum shedding, Henna growing out issues, and dealing with a newborn. I think I had my hair around hip when I was a kid but I wore it down all the time and my mom would literally RIP a brush through it every morning so every year I had to get a big trim from the damage.

I am having fun on my hair journey so far! This is like the 3rd time I have grown it out to at least BSL since I joined here so I'm really trying to get past that and not cut this time. :) It's a hard line between not obsessing over it so constantly trimming away "imperfections" but appreciating it and valuing the growth so I don't get bored and chop it all off.

What length are you going for this time Ladyshep?

ladyshep
May 19th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Oh yes indeed, and waist is a good length. Yes, I hear ya on the obsessing part of it all.

I want to get it to hip, it will be long enough to enjoy, but yet to get it up when I am at work.

yahirwaO.o
May 19th, 2016, 12:57 PM
You look BSL to me! I don't think you look like you need a trim but I know its personal preference. Congrats on a milestone of length! :)

Thank you! Im a regular trimmer person, this is almost 2 months since my last one and my hair loves to fairy tail like mad! I dont like it in pics but in real life looks ok ish! BSL is the longest I've had for a while!

Phoe
May 22nd, 2016, 12:06 PM
Well, I was planning on trimming on June 20th (figured I'd stick with a seasonal schedule to make it easy to hold myself accountable).

I caved and trimmed maybe about a dime's worth off the ends, and dusted the layers to try to make them lay a little more nicely.

I am just SO fed up with the darn layers. The shortest ones are about CBL, with the longest parts brushing my bra strap. Buns and braids are a pain.

I'm getting better with keeping my hair contained in a loose french braid. I have to stop the braid a little shorter than I'd like, giving it a slightly longer tail, thanks to the layers, but it's getting easier.

Buns are... not so nice. I can't do a cinnabun without the layers splaying out in a haphazard spiky fashion. I can do a discbun but it's honestly such a puny little thing on the back of my head. I'll wear it at home and am happy to have my hair contained with just 1 stick, but I'm not confident in wearing it out of the house yet. I can do a modified nautilus and that has a bit more volume to it, but I struggle with the fact that once I put the stick in, it is VERY snug and pulls on my scalp painfully. I'm still trying to work out how to do a nautilus while keeping my scalp hair looser. If I can get that down, then I will live in that bun... I do quite like how it looks.

I can't figure out a LWB at all! Haha, I think perhaps I am confusing it too much with my modified nautilus, and that's where I get tripped up.

All in all, I am trying to move away from my go-to ponytail for a bit.

Arctic
May 22nd, 2016, 12:12 PM
I have been in a twilight zone of not quite APL since my 4 cm trim this spring, but today I claim APL again. My sopping wet hair is there, even if I move my head a bit. My hair seems to have been growing slightly faster than normal, I'd need to check the dates, but I think it grew 4 cm in 3-ish months, where-as normally it would have taken 4 months. No time for photos right now, though, but I promise I take one soon-ish, during the next few weeks.

Kake
May 22nd, 2016, 12:48 PM
Yay Arctic. Congrats.

I'm nearly there. I hope by the end of next month.

Arctic
May 22nd, 2016, 12:51 PM
Yay Arctic. Congrats.

I'm nearly there. I hope by the end of next month.

Thanks! A month and few days goes past super fast!

vpatt
May 22nd, 2016, 01:35 PM
I have been in a twilight zone of not quite APL since my 4 cm trim this spring, but today I claim APL again. My sopping wet hair is there, even if I move my head a bit. My hair seems to have been growing slightly faster than normal, I'd need to check the dates, but I think it grew 4 cm in 3-ish months, where-as normally it would have taken 4 months. No time for photos right now, though, but I promise I take one soon-ish, during the next few weeks.

Yay, for you Arctic! That went by fast!

Arctic
May 22nd, 2016, 01:51 PM
Yes it felt like it went super fast!

ladyshep
May 24th, 2016, 11:55 AM
I've got a couple more months left... :whip:

diddiedaisy
May 24th, 2016, 01:16 PM

Congratulations, great news on the growth too.

I do reckon though that between us we are the most scissor happy members here lol

Arctic
May 24th, 2016, 01:55 PM

I do reckon though that between us we are the most scissor happy members here lol

LOL, you made me laugh, thanks, I needed it! You know it might well be that you are right :D :scissors:

Arctic
May 26th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Re-claiming APL photo in my blog HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=126262).

diddiedaisy
May 26th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Just measured my hair and I should be back at bsl by the end of July/early August. Bonus for me as I had September in my head. My hair hasn't grown quicker but enough time has gone by since my 3 inch trim (early April) for an inch to have grown back, and I had forgotten that I had grown past my bsl marker. I measure stretched as I get shrinkage, even when I wear my hair straight.

On a separate note, I clarified my hair tonight for an Olaplex treatment so I don't condition and it amazes me that I can comb my wet unconditioned hair and it has no knots. It feels so nice to have the comb just glide through. When I used to blow dry on high heat and use curling tongs every day (virgin hair) there would have been no chance.

vpatt
May 26th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Re-claiming APL photo in my blog HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=126262).

Very nice. I like your hemline.

ReadingRenee
May 26th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Thank you! Im a regular trimmer person, this is almost 2 months since my last one and my hair loves to fairy tail like mad! I dont like it in pics but in real life looks ok ish! BSL is the longest I've had for a while!

Im not a regular trimmer but I understand about looking okish in real life but not in pics.

lol, I USED to be one of the most scissor happy members here. I was growing out bleach damage but it took me 4.5 years to grow from shoulder to waist. I pretty much trimmed off a year of growth over the course of growing. This time around I just have thin ends from layers. ( note to self, stop putting in layers)

Just measured my hair and I should be back at bsl by the end of July/early August. Bonus for me as I had September in my head. My hair hasn't grown quicker but enough time has gone by since my 3 inch trim (early April) for an inch to have grown back, and I had forgotten that I had grown past my bsl marker. I measure stretched as I get shrinkage, even when I wear my hair straight.

On a separate note, I clarified my hair tonight for an Olaplex treatment so I don't condition and it amazes me that I can comb my wet unconditioned hair and it has no knots. It feels so nice to have the comb just glide through. When I used to blow dry on high heat and use curling tongs every day (virgin hair) there would have been no chance.

That's awesome! I am glad for you!

Im not sure when I will see real dry and wavy bsl on me. Right now I only hit BSL soaking wet so it doesn't count to me. Dry and wavy I would say I have at least 2 inches to get to BSL. That is about 28 or so inches. le sigh... I have been holding steady at a tiny bit over 26 for a while now. I think I am going to trim in late June and start off the summer growing with fresh ends, see what happens.

Arctic
May 27th, 2016, 12:00 AM

August will be here very soon, so you are very close! Congrats on having improved your hair condition, it feels so great to notice milestones/positive developement like that.

Very nice. I like your hemline.

Thank you! I like my hemline too. I am also happy about how I changed it; morphed it from a-line bob into this U-shape little by little, so it never felt like I had to take off huge chuncks of hair. I remember the last time I had longer hair I did the hemline change in one or two steps and it felt like so much hair needed to be cut off. Now I avoided that feeling all-together.

Im not a regular trimmer but I understand about looking okish in real life but not in pics.

I understand this too. Somehow the camera often pics up things like scalp cleavages that are not visible from mirror. Also when I use my phone camera it doesn't photograph hair well and makes it look dryer and coarser and less shiny than my digi camera does. Yet it's so convenient to use that I rarely reach for my bigger and better camera these days.

lol, I USED to be one of the most scissor happy members here. I was growing out bleach damage but it took me 4.5 years to grow from shoulder to waist. I pretty much trimmed off a year of growth over the course of growing. This time around I just have thin ends from layers. ( note to self, stop putting in layers)

Ha ha, yes I remember reading your blog from years back. One entry was something very enthusiastic and looking forward the new milestone, then you vanished for a while and came back pondering if you'd like to cut layers/bangs/shorter and them bam! you did the cut. :D My blog has been similar too when I look it from long term.

That's awesome! I am glad for you!

Thanks!

Im not sure when I will see real dry and wavy bsl on me. Right now I only hit BSL soaking wet so it doesn't count to me. Dry and wavy I would say I have at least 2 inches to get to BSL. That is about 28 or so inches. le sigh... I have been holding steady at a tiny bit over 26 for a while now. I think I am going to trim in late June and start off the summer growing with fresh ends, see what happens.

I think wet hair is acceptable, and it also allows to divide the milestones in 2 steps: 1st milestone is with wet/stretched hair, and second is without stretching/dry hair. For example the curlies, they would need to grow perhaps years more to get to the physical milestones without stretching, so it's perfectly fine in my books. I make the measuring rules that are comfortable to me and motivate me.

So if I were you, I would call it if your hair hits a body marker when wet. Then I would call it's "second level" when it hits it dry, the first calling is just as valid as the second.

ladyshep
May 27th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I'm not going to cut, I'm not going to cut! *bites nails*

lithostoic
May 27th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Here I am c: I initially measured my APL stretched when I hit it, here's my unstretched progress since then c: About 2 months have passed (on June 6th).

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13312635_1328626273820788_6823965679968897976_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c73d7f42e3de860eafadbf297fb59780&oe=57D40CDB

ReadingRenee
May 27th, 2016, 05:25 PM
August will be here very soon, so you are very close! Congrats on having improved your hair condition, it feels so great to notice milestones/positive developement like that.

Thank you! I like my hemline too. I am also happy about how I changed it; morphed it from a-line bob into this U-shape little by little, so it never felt like I had to take off huge chuncks of hair. I remember the last time I had longer hair I did the hemline change in one or two steps and it felt like so much hair needed to be cut off. Now I avoided that feeling all-together.

I understand this too. Somehow the camera often pics up things like scalp cleavages that are not visible from mirror. Also when I use my phone camera it doesn't photograph hair well and makes it look dryer and coarser and less shiny than my digi camera does. Yet it's so convenient to use that I rarely reach for my bigger and better camera these days.

Ha ha, yes I remember reading your blog from years back. One entry was something very enthusiastic and looking forward the new milestone, then you vanished for a while and came back pondering if you'd like to cut layers/bangs/shorter and them bam! you did the cut. :D My blog has been similar too when I look it from long term.

Thanks!

I think wet hair is acceptable, and it also allows to divide the milestones in 2 steps: 1st milestone is with wet/stretched hair, and second is without stretching/dry hair. For example the curlies, they would need to grow perhaps years more to get to the physical milestones without stretching, so it's perfectly fine in my books. I make the measuring rules that are comfortable to me and motivate me.

So if I were you, I would call it if your hair hits a body marker when wet. Then I would call it's "second level" when it hits it dry, the first calling is just as valid as the second.

hah hah Artic! I know! I kind of cringe laugh when I read my old blog entries. I was a lot more impulsive with the scissors back in the old days. I would like to be more committed/ two week rule this time around.

Thanks for the thoughts on the milestones, that sounds like a good way to do it. So, I am BSL wet! YAY YAY YAY! :cheer:

ReadingRenee
May 27th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I'm not going to cut, I'm not going to cut! *bites nails*

Maybe you should just set a trim date on the calendar or something and promise yourself you will not cut until then? And then reassess when you get to that date.

Here I am c: I initially measured my APL stretched when I hit it, here's my unstretched progress since then c: About 2 months have passed (on June 6th).

Very nice progress! I like your picture with the milestones marked too.

dansyl
May 27th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Wait. Weird question. Is BSL top or bottom of bra strap. Lol!!!

lithostoic
May 27th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Thank you ReadingRenee!

dansyl Depends on your preferences. I chose bottom bc I have a short torso and the top of my bra strap is only armpit length.

diddiedaisy
May 27th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Wait. Weird question. Is BSL top or bottom of bra strap. Lol!!!

Take your pick lol I use bottom of shoulder blades, it saves on the stress!!!

dansyl
May 27th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Ah ok! Makes sense! I have different bras that fit different on me. One of my bras in there! One I've got a few inches to go lol

molljo
May 27th, 2016, 06:34 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I'm really really happy with the length of my hair. I don't think I've felt this great about it since the days where I still loved my pixie. It's very helpful to know if longer lengths aren't as satisfying as I hope they'll be I know I can easily cut back to here. Is anyone else feeling this, where it doesn't feel like a slog through yet another awkward stage, and it just feel nice?

diddiedaisy
May 27th, 2016, 07:08 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I'm really really happy with the length of my hair. I don't think I've felt this great about it since the days where I still loved my pixie. It's very helpful to know if longer lengths aren't as satisfying as I hope they'll be I know I can easily cut back to here. Is anyone else feeling this, where it doesn't feel like a slog through yet another awkward stage, and it just feel nice?

For me apl to bsl is the awkward stage. I first hit apl June/July 2014, I trimmed back, I get to bsl I trim back. Two years stuck between the two, I get on my own nerves. I should just throw away all my scissors. Oh my god.....two years at this stage....what is up with me. :brickwall: :brickwall:

-Fern
May 27th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Alright, my growing friends, I am finally calling BSL again. :cheese:

It took me about 8 months to grow 5 inches... which seems a little slower than usual for my hair. No spring growth spurt this year.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to wait to cut the V-shaped hem. Actually, I wish I'd done the no-trim challenge last year. It's working out pretty well for me this year. :o

diddiedaisy
May 28th, 2016, 05:41 AM
Thought I'd do an updated pic, as a top I've pulled out from last year is obviously a little tight this time round lol. But, it shows perfectly where my bra strap line is!!! The top of this bra is at the bottom of my shoulder blades so that is where I will be calling it. Oh I so wish I hadn't cut that 3 inches off. Apologies for poor skills in photography :)

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/90177719-EF08-4880-8307-FE85F98FF7EB_zps2zkdif3i.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/90177719-EF08-4880-8307-FE85F98FF7EB_zps2zkdif3i.jpg.html)

dansyl
May 28th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Thought I'd do an updated pic, as a top I've pulled out from last year is obviously a little tight this time round lol. But, it shows perfectly where my bra strap line is!!! The top of this bra is at the bottom of my shoulder blades so that is where I will be calling it. Oh I so wish I hadn't cut that 3 inches off. Apologies for poor skills in photography :)

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/90177719-EF08-4880-8307-FE85F98FF7EB_zps2zkdif3i.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/90177719-EF08-4880-8307-FE85F98FF7EB_zps2zkdif3i.jpg.html)

You're almost there!!!!

yahirwaO.o
May 28th, 2016, 06:14 PM

Your hair looks great! and your hemline is to die for!!!!!! I love how blunt is, did you get it cut or you cut it yourself? It is definitely getting prettier!!!!

diddiedaisy
May 28th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Your hair looks great! and your hemline is to die for!!!!!! I love how blunt is, did you get it cut or you cut it yourself? It is definitely getting prettier!!!!

Thank you :) Yes, I do cut it myself, it's actually nearly 1cm longer on one side but luckily it's not noticeable lol. I've always cut my own hair but surprisingly in finding it more difficult the longer it gets.

yahirwaO.o
May 28th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Thank you :) Yes, I do cut it myself, it's actually nearly 1cm longer on one side but luckily it's not noticeable lol. I've always cut my own hair but surprisingly in finding it more difficult the longer it gets.

Oh really I cant tell. I do it myself too but sometimes its very noticiable when I have a longer side. Which method you use? I've tried straight across Feye's method and well, it hardly ever works for me! :(

diddiedaisy
May 28th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Oh really I cant tell. I do it myself too but sometimes its very noticiable when I have a longer side. Which method you use? I've tried straight across Feye's method and well, it hardly ever works for me! :(

I just pony tail it, slide my fingers down to the point I want to cut and snip. I leave it at the back though and just look sideways into the mirror. I usually get it straight and I think it helps that I have thin hair. This way might be more difficult with thick hair.

yahirwaO.o
May 28th, 2016, 08:05 PM
I just pony tail it, slide my fingers down to the point I want to cut and snip. I leave it at the back though and just look sideways into the mirror. I usually get it straight and I think it helps that I have thin hair. This way might be more difficult with thick hair.

My hais isnt that thick but I might give this a try. I'd love to have a blunt clean line instead of u-v hybrid thing. Thanks for giving me a different option

diddiedaisy
May 28th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Your welcome. I like a u shape hemline and yours looks great. I tried to do it to mine a while ago using feyes method, but I just ended up losing an inch and still having a straight hemline. Lol

Kome
May 29th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Getting there!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_0205_zpszvx2xop9.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_0205_zpszvx2xop9.jpg.html)

diddiedaisy
June 7th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Sorry - boring ramblings coming!!!

I think my hair has grown a little faster this month. I have been monitoring since I joined here, easy to do as i dye, and obviously I'm a very sad person lol It grows in a four weekly cycle - the first 3 weeks it only manages to push out 1/2 cm and in the 4th week another 1/2 cm, so 1cm every four weeks.

As i haven't dyed for 7 weeks I have a decent chunk of roots to get an accurate measurement. Between now and next Tuesday I should grow 1/2 cm as it will be week 4 of growth cycle, which would mean by next Tuesday I will have 2cm of new growth. However, I have just measured and I am at 1.9cm so if I do my normal growth this week it will take me to 2.4cm. This will be the first time ever it has veered off its usual track.

I understand less than 1/2 cm is no great shakes, but for me it would be little short of a miracle. I so hope I get my normal 1/2 cm this week.

Not sure why it would do this as the first year I was here I tried just about every experiment going to boost my growth, and what I learnt was that nothing was going to shift my growth rate. I was getting 1cm four weekly come rain or shine, and it wasn't budging.

However, I have been taking Viviscal for four months now in the hope of kick starting some of my seemingly dormant scalp hair, it apparently takes about four months to kick in so maybe it's that. Also, for maybe a couple of weeks I have been taking my biotin again for digestion problems. Maybe the mixture of the two is doing it. Please note I'm not recommending anyone double dose on biotin containing supplements, I'm one of those people who doesn't always digest things so I actually do get shortages and therefore it's not as dangerous for me to do.

Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed for measurements next Tuesday. I am getting sooo close to being back at stretched bsl I can smell it :)

diddiedaisy
June 7th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Getting there!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_0205_zpszvx2xop9.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_0205_zpszvx2xop9.jpg.html)

I love your waves, you may be there you know if you stretched it. :)

dansyl
June 7th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I had to... ok i didn't HAVE to lol... trim my hair about 1/4 inch. The ends were split and I didn't want to make things worse by leaving them there. No one else can tell a difference but I can! uggggghhh. I love being tall... but it makes growing your hair out that much harder haha

Pol
June 8th, 2016, 02:22 AM

Yay! Looking great! I agree, that did seem really fast :)

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13312635_1328626273820788_6823965679968897976_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c73d7f42e3de860eafadbf297fb59780&oe=57D40CDB

I know it sounds a bit odd, but your hair photographs so well! You have photogenic hair :D

Alright, my growing friends, I am finally calling BSL again. :cheese:

It took me about 8 months to grow 5 inches... which seems a little slower than usual for my hair. No spring growth spurt this year.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to wait to cut the V-shaped hem. Actually, I wish I'd done the no-trim challenge last year. It's working out pretty well for me this year. :o

Congratulations! Interesting to hear that you wish you'd waited to change your hemline. I'm planning to grow my hair with a straight hemline, but then transition to U or V when it's longer. Recently I've been a bit bored and wondering whether I should change it now. I think I'll stick with straight for the time being!

So lovely :)

Getting there!

That looks great, you are so close!

I had to... ok i didn't HAVE to lol... trim my hair about 1/4 inch. The ends were split and I didn't want to make things worse by leaving them there. No one else can tell a difference but I can! uggggghhh. I love being tall... but it makes growing your hair out that much harder haha

Ah being tall makes the milestones miles further apart, but you end up with much more hair!

Arctic
June 8th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Thanks Pol! I was already past APL when I did the 4 cm trim, so I didn't end up 4 cm from APL then, but was closer to it. But still It felt very fast going to be back to APL!

H o n є y ❤
June 8th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I can finally join this thread! I'm very excited! :D

dansyl
June 8th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Pol... it DOES make them further apart! BUT... I'm a little past APL and can do all kinds of buns... because my neck is so long haha. There are advantages i guess!

irishsapphire
June 11th, 2016, 09:53 PM
I meant to take a picture of my progress last week, but I decided since I"m going in to my stylist to have the red toned out Monday, I'll wait until then! Currently I'm about 1/2" from top of BSL (when I'm calling it because MBL and BSL are basically the same for me). I'm sure after the trip it will be a bit shorter, but not by much. She's good about doing what I ask :D

End of story, I'll have before and after photos Monday evening for you!

teaplease
June 12th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Just graduated here from shoulder to APL. I'd like to be BSL by Christmas.

polarnatt
June 13th, 2016, 01:20 AM
Joining this thread after a long time lurking. I just hit APL somewhere in late May/early June and am hoping to hit BSL by December!

I got my waist length hair cut to my shoulders last September to get rid of damage and just to get something fresh, big mistake if you ask me now haha. I haven't had my hair trimmed since then apart from my bangs, and I have to say that nearly a year without trimming doesn't show at all! I've treated my hair nicely and even though it grows soooo slowly, I'm pretty happy with how it's looking.

Lately I've been trying to embrace and encourage my natural wurls in order to cut down heat, which I was using every time I washed my hair (wasn't that often though, once or twice a week). I think following the curly girl method and especially squishing to condish and plopping have made a huge difference, and I don't feel like using heat at all anymore.

So, after this introductory post, I'm hoping to stay tuned with you all on this (loooonggg) journey towards BSL!

H o n є y ❤
June 13th, 2016, 01:33 AM
Hey there polarnatt! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making it to APL!! :D If you'd like, check out our Wurly & Curly thread (if you haven't already): http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=369

I'm sure you'll find lots of good information there to help you embrace those beautiful waves!

irishsapphire
June 13th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Okay, so in the sun there isn't much difference. Out of the sun my hair is definitely darker and more brown. No dye, she toned it with blue and green to correct the red and orange tones. First time I've ever had blue or green added to my hair, definitely not a comfortable moment. She wanted to tone it again (she felt it still had too much red and was too warm), but I said wait for a few weeks and see what it does.... I'm all for taking several months to get it to the right tone....

The photos are at awkward angles, I need to figure out a good system for hair photos. Currently its a hand mirror in the front and my phone on selfie mode....

Before toning (last night)
http://i.imgur.com/0TarXWmm.jpg

After toning and a microtrim :D She took of enough to clean up the ends a tiny bit, but no length sacrificed at all. She also didn't apply the toner to the roots, just to the dyed portion, so the toner starts about 2 inches or so from the roots.
http://i.imgur.com/sXUgberm.jpg

My hair actually looks a bit smoother. But I'm putting that down to the blow out she did and not to the gloss. I hate blow outs though, my hair is so flat and limp :( I want to wash it so it has body again, but its been washed two days in a row (me yesterday and the salon today) so I'll do something with it until next wash day....

Arctic
June 14th, 2016, 02:21 AM
Okay, so in the sun there isn't much difference. Out of the sun my hair is definitely darker and more brown. No dye, she toned it with blue and green to correct the red and orange tones. First time I've ever had blue or green added to my hair, definitely not a comfortable moment. She wanted to tone it again (she felt it still had too much red and was too warm), but I said wait for a few weeks and see what it does.... I'm all for taking several months to get it to the right tone....

The photos are at awkward angles, I need to figure out a good system for hair photos. Currently its a hand mirror in the front and my phone on selfie mode....

Before toning (last night)
http://i.imgur.com/0TarXWmm.jpg

After toning and a microtrim :D She took of enough to clean up the ends a tiny bit, but no length sacrificed at all. She also didn't apply the toner to the roots, just to the dyed portion, so the toner starts about 2 inches or so from the roots.
http://i.imgur.com/sXUgberm.jpg

My hair actually looks a bit smoother. But I'm putting that down to the blow out she did and not to the gloss. I hate blow outs though, my hair is so flat and limp :( I want to wash it so it has body again, but its been washed two days in a row (me yesterday and the salon today) so I'll do something with it until next wash day....

I have missed where you have written your colour situation. So what I gathered from your past few posts on this thread, you had old red dye and your natural, more brown own colour, and you wanted them to match better, is that right?

Were the toners the hair dresser used a sort of conditioners, or shampoos? If so, you could probably buy similar products and continue the toning down process at home, now that you know which colours to use. I'd imagine a conditioner would be easier to spread on red sections than a shampoo, and less drying.

Both photos look great to my eye, your hair looks so soft and silky! BTW I never almost never manage to catch my real hair colour on camera, even on my good comera with advanced settings. It always makes my hair look much more red. For hair photos without help I think selftimer is the best, put it on 10 seconds and you will have enough time to take a pose in front of the camera. You'll just need to find a sturdy surface on good level. Since your hair is so long, your best beet might be a shelf of a book case, cupboard or wardrobe. Make sure there is enough room before the shelf so you can fit into the photo, all of you. And othr important thing is the light. It needs to be as plentiful as possible and preferably natural (especially if you want the best possible colour accuracy).

gustavonut
June 14th, 2016, 04:33 AM
I'm still here guys and not happy with my hair at all. :rant:
Any time I ever touch it, comb it, wash it, sleep on it, etc. my hair gets so greasy so quick and SOOOOO much of it is falling out all of the sudden. It also breaks even though I'm gentle with it.. And it angers me so much to the point of not even caring anymore and just combing through it without being careful. No matter what product I use, chelating, clarifying, normal shampoo, dandruff shampoo.. It doesn't matter and I still have dandruff. :(..
The only thing that makes my hair feel normal is using a deep conditioner every time. But even then it still gets so greasy after 2-3 days and I have to continue the same process.
i don't know why this happened all of the sudden.. But I guess it's the German water or stress or idk..

diddiedaisy
June 14th, 2016, 09:51 AM
I'm still here guys and not happy with my hair at all. :rant:
Any time I ever touch it, comb it, wash it, sleep on it, etc. my hair gets so greasy so quick and SOOOOO much of it is falling out all of the sudden. It also breaks even though I'm gentle with it.. And it angers me so much to the point of not even caring anymore and just combing through it without being careful. No matter what product I use, chelating, clarifying, normal shampoo, dandruff shampoo.. It doesn't matter and I still have dandruff. :(..
The only thing that makes my hair feel normal is using a deep conditioner every time. But even then it still gets so greasy after 2-3 days and I have to continue the same process.
i don't know why this happened all of the sudden.. But I guess it's the German water or stress or idk..

:hugs: I can't give you advice on greasy hair/scalp as I don't have any experience, I'm sure someone will jump in though. If it was me though I'd just wash it more often. Some people aren't suitable for stretching washes. I also can't comment of the dandruff.

Regarding brittle hair, I have been there many many times as a finey. Keeping it well moisturized will definitely help, when my hair was brittle I found washing it every day was a good way of keeping it from becoming so dry therefore less brittle. I also damped it the evening and applied oil to keep the moisture in. I know you probably don't want to hear the word oil with greasy hair, but maybe its greasy because you need to wash it more (not meant to sound rude!!). You don't need to use shampoo every time, you could CO every other time maybe. I found a coditioner with oil such as Dove dry oil, really helped my hair after trying a million other things. It sorted it out in about 2 weeks.

Also, do you ever do a protein treatment? It may be worth a try, Joico kpac damage recontructer is very good, and be sure to follow it up with a moisture treatment. It's so hard to get the protein/moisture balance right and if it's not it can contribute towards brittle hair.

Good luck :)

Thoughtfulnod
June 16th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Just hit APL, and ready for BSL! I started at ear-length two years ago, so this is like a dream come true. Can't wait for waist length!

diddiedaisy
June 16th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Just hit APL, and ready for BSL! I started at ear-length two years ago, so this is like a dream come true. Can't wait for waist length!

Welcome to the thread. I bet your hair feels really long coming from ear-length. :)

dansyl
June 16th, 2016, 07:10 PM
I feel like I've been hanging out at APL for months...

JadeTigress
June 16th, 2016, 08:08 PM
I did the towel test today before I took a shower, and I'm finally brushing APL from a pixie cut back in December 2013. I probably shouldn't have trimmed so often at the mullet stage, but oh well. Moving on to the next milestone! I remember the APL to BSL stretch being rough last time. It seemed like it took forever. I'm trying to keep that in mind this time around and plan to just bun it up and forget about it. We'll see how well that goes. :p

dansyl
June 16th, 2016, 08:11 PM
what's the towel test

hayheadsbird
June 16th, 2016, 11:08 PM
what's the towel test
If you wrap a towel round you like you just got out of the shower, the edge of the towel across your back runs from armpit to armpit. You can then judge from that how long your hair is to APL.

gustavonut
June 17th, 2016, 03:02 AM
@diddiedaisy Well thank you for your lengthy helpful post. I appreciate it. :flower:
I think another reason my hair is so sad is because I've stopped prepoo oiling since I got to Germany (didn't bring coconut oil), didn't bring my sleeping cap like a dumbo :doh:, haven't been wearing the most protective styles, and the water here is so hard I can literally feel build up as soon as I'm done washing my hair. It makes it so heavy and sort of stick together and bleh. :(
So when I get back home it will definetly be better cared for and hopefully go back to normal. We will see I guess. :ponder:

diddiedaisy
June 18th, 2016, 01:56 PM
I'm getting the dreaded itch to trim again. It has been a couple of months, but I know I am unable to dust. I also had to stop with the s&d, as I had thinned my hair on one side being a little over zealous. :scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors: :justy:

dansyl
June 18th, 2016, 02:27 PM
If you wrap a towel round you like you just got out of the shower, the edge of the towel across your back runs from armpit to armpit. You can then judge from that how long your hair is to APL.

Oh! duh! Makes perfect sense lol

Arctic
June 18th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I'm getting the dreaded itch to trim again. It has been a couple of months, but I know I am unable to dust. I also had to stop with the s&d, as I had thinned my hair on one side being a little over zealous. :scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors: :justy:

I'm starting to get that itch too. iI haven't gained almost any length this year because of trimming. Thankfully now that I stopped using the proteiny shampoo that was making my hair tangly and horrible, my hair has been steadily returning to its own self, which should mean my ends shouldn't start to irk me as often. Still, it's only a short while since I trimmed the last, so I try to forget my hair - apart from styling it and lately colouring it. If I ever want to get to BSL I need to slow down on the trimming.

diddiedaisy
June 18th, 2016, 03:19 PM
I'm starting to get that itch too. iI haven't gained almost any length this year because of trimming. Thankfully now that I stopped using the proteiny shampoo that was making my hair tangly and horrible, my hair has been steadily returning to its own self, which should mean my ends shouldn't start to irk me as often. Still, it's only a short while since I trimmed the last, so I try to forget my hair - apart from styling it and lately colouring it. If I ever want to get to BSL I need to slow down on the trimming.
Yeah, too much trimming and growing hair doesn't really go together, hair grows slow enough as it is. I'll be back as bsl next month and it will the 3rd time!!! Hopefully this time round I can keep it there and not cut back. I would like to be at least mid-back which is 1 1/2 inches away, I may maintain there for a bit to thicken up the hemline, but all my hair plans get thrown to the wayside so I'll have to play it by ear.

turtlelover
June 18th, 2016, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of at mid BSL now, but I won't call it till the bottom of the strap, because waist is a loooooong was off as a next landmark! I trimmed a lot earlier this year, but I find trimming to be such a pain to do (and I don't trust others) that I think I'm ok w/ just leaving it go for awhile. It still has some layering, but it doesn't annoy me much unless I try to do braids, especially just your plain, non-French type. My hair feels about the same as it did at APL since APL and BSL aren't far apart on my body for some reason. I'm a little bored with it, which is normally when I would cut it, but I am determined not to even consider that till waist/hip this time.

polarnatt
June 19th, 2016, 01:41 AM
Anyone else feeling really frustrated with their length? I feel like my hair looks basically the same now that it's slightly over APL as it did back at shoulder. Some people's hair looks so long when it's APL and mine just doesn't? I mean it's grown 15 cm from when I cut it yet it still has the same short feel. I get so anxious about the length even though I know APL to BSL is shorter on me than the dreadful abyss that is shoulder to APL.. Sigh.

I wonder if finally hitting BSL will give me that long hair feeling that I miss so much.

diddiedaisy
June 19th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Polarnatt, I've been stuck at apl-bsl since July 2014, so yes I do feel stuck in an abyss!!! I have cut off a considerable amount of hair in this time though because of thin ends caused by hair loss. I think when you hit full bsl at the bottom of your shoulder blades then it does start feeling as though you are getting somewhere. How many inches between apl and bsl do you have?

polarnatt
June 19th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Polarnatt, I've been stuck at apl-bsl since July 2014, so yes I do feel stuck in an abyss!!! I have cut off a considerable amount of hair in this time though because of thin ends caused by hair loss. I think when you hit full bsl at the bottom of your shoulder blades then it does start feeling as though you are getting somewhere. How many inches between apl and bsl do you have?

If I'm measuring correctly, the distance between APL and BSL is 12 cm or 4,7 inches, could be a bit shorter if I decide to call BSL when the hair hits the top of the bra band where my shoulder blades end. It feels so far away! I'm hoping to get there by the end of the year, but judging by my current growth rate it might not be a completely realistic goal.

diddiedaisy
June 19th, 2016, 08:18 AM
If I'm measuring correctly, the distance between APL and BSL is 12 cm or 4,7 inches, could be a bit shorter if I decide to call BSL when the hair hits the top of the bra band where my shoulder blades end. It feels so far away! I'm hoping to get there by the end of the year, but judging by my current growth rate it might not be a completely realistic goal.

Well if your hair grows at the average rate you should be able to get another 3 inches by the end of the year. Also, bras tend to fit everybody different, some wear them high and others lower. The bottom of shoulder blades is a good place to call it as they don't move, also if you put a belt around the underneath of your bust it will more or less line uo with your shoulder blade. Once I get past that point I'm more or less mbl, and there's no way I'm missing out on calling that one!!! Bsl - mbl is maximum 2 months growth, hurraaaaayyy a quick milestone lol, plus it then makes waist only 3 inches away :)

turtlelover
June 19th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Yikes! If the bottom of the shoulder blade is officially BSL, I guess I am there!!!! Wow! I didn't even really notice it had grown that much, but I am definitely there! I may hang out here till bottom of the strap, though I'm really anxious to move on the thread for those growing to waist! :D

Kiiruna
June 19th, 2016, 10:04 AM
My bottom of the shoulder blade is actually waaay higher than my bra strap line :D I have about 1cm to go to bottom of the shoulder blade, and my bra strap line in 7cm below it.

lithostoic
June 19th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Getting closer! This is brushed-out dry hair.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13393985_1344402108909871_4913605243136257696_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e77bc47811f6af655ac87ef18707ec9f&oe=57D475A8

Arctic
June 19th, 2016, 10:22 AM
My bottom of the shoulder blade is actually waaay higher than my bra strap line :D I have about 1cm to go to bottom of the shoulder blade, and my bra strap line in 7cm below it.

My bra sits lower than my bottom of shoulderblades too, but I appreciate the stability of a bodily, not garmently marker, and not having to rely on a piece of garment over half of population is not wearing, and of which many of those who wear, wear an incorrent size (bra band rides high at the back). What I plan to do is celebrate each of these milestones :D Shoulder blade, top of bra band (or an actual bra strap length, as it could be said to be), and bottom of bra band. :D I haven't measured, but eye balling from the photos, it looks like I have about 5 cm (2 inches) between bottom of shoulder blade and bottom of bra band.

diddiedaisy
June 19th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Hehe no one ever agrees on where bsl is!!!

Congratulations turtlelover it sounds like you are there to me. I would point out though that my version is not the official one lol :)

diddiedaisy
June 19th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Forgot to add, with my bras bsb is top bsl with some and bottom bsl with others, so I suppose it's in the middle for me. Plus men don't usually wear bras so bsb is a good marker for them.

Arctic
June 19th, 2016, 02:04 PM
You have that right, ha ha, Diddie! Another ambivalent milestone is MBL, everyone seems to have their own definition!

Lately I feel like my hair is having negative growth, and it's shrinking. I am a bit bored. Not even green nape and learning new styles has helped.

diddiedaisy
June 19th, 2016, 04:07 PM
You have that right, ha ha, Diddie! Another ambivalent milestone is MBL, everyone seems to have their own definition!

Lately I feel like my hair is having negative growth, and it's shrinking. I am a bit bored. Not even green nape and learning new styles has helped.

Maybe you're having a late growth spurt rather than your hair shrinking lol I sometimes walk past a mirror and it looks like its shrunk, the side view is always shorter for some reason. Growing hair is also very boring, it all moves along soooo slowly, I do think it's particularly hard for recovered trich sufferers as we are so used to doing things to our hair. It can be a real daily struggle at times to step away from the scissors. In my personal experience I went from constantly picking and snapping off my hair to trimming it all the time, hence always having shoulder/cbl length after I stopped picking. And now spending 2 years in this thread, although most of the cutting was necessary the last trim of 3 inches wasn't. Two week rule????? when my brain gets on one about my hair I'm lucky to get to 2 hours!!! I certainly understand the boredom.

I do however think your hair is looking great, it's healthy, shiny and you have a great hemline. Oh, and you're also a whizz at styling. I won't say stick it up and forget about it because that can sometimes be a pointless statement, but I will say try and ride the storm. Maybe take up knitting to keep your fingers and brain busy :knit::lol:

Arctic
June 20th, 2016, 04:14 AM
Maybe you're having a late growth spurt rather than your hair shrinking lol I sometimes walk past a mirror and it looks like its shrunk, the side view is always shorter for some reason. Growing hair is also very boring, it all moves along soooo slowly, I do think it's particularly hard for recovered trich sufferers as we are so used to doing things to our hair. It can be a real daily struggle at times to step away from the scissors. In my personal experience I went from constantly picking and snapping off my hair to trimming it all the time, hence always having shoulder/cbl length after I stopped picking. And now spending 2 years in this thread, although most of the cutting was necessary the last trim of 3 inches wasn't. Two week rule????? when my brain gets on one about my hair I'm lucky to get to 2 hours!!! I certainly understand the boredom.

I do however think your hair is looking great, it's healthy, shiny and you have a great hemline. Oh, and you're also a whizz at styling. I won't say stick it up and forget about it because that can sometimes be a pointless statement, but I will say try and ride the storm. Maybe take up knitting to keep your fingers and brain busy :knit::lol:

Wise words, DiddieDaisy! Trichster mindframe probably isn't helping with the boredom. I do keep it up most of the time and usually don't check the length either, but I admit lately I have been checking the length more often (which I should stop) because of it feels like I've been around APL for so long. Well of course, dear self, you have been around APL ofr so long because you keep trimming, lol! Knitting is good idea, and I am trying to re-start my thesis writing (which doesn't mesh well with knitting) again after it's been on hiatus because of internship and taking few weeks off (boy I needed those weeks!). When I get into the writing flow I usually forget my hair. I also picked up a new book to read.

summergame
June 20th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Wise words, DiddieDaisy! Trichster mindframe probably isn't helping with the boredom. I do keep it up most of the time and usually don't check the length either, but I admit lately I have been checking the length more often (which I should stop) because of it feels like I've been around APL for so long. Well of course, dear self, you have been around APL ofr so long because you keep trimming, lol! Knitting is good idea, and I am trying to re-start my thesis writing (which doesn't mesh well with knitting) again after it's been on hiatus because of internship and taking few weeks off (boy I needed those weeks!). When I get into the writing flow I usually forget my hair. I also picked up a new book to read.

I personally think that it's a good idea to focus less on your hair! :flower: Doing something else is good for your hair and health! I thing your goals are really good to less focus on your length and put that scissor away from where you are the most. :-P

gustavonut
June 20th, 2016, 05:28 AM
Thinking of just giving up all together. I'm not happy with my hair and it's just getting worse and worse every day...:shrug:
At least I can enjoy seeing everyone else happy with their hair.

diddiedaisy
June 20th, 2016, 05:39 AM
Thinking of just giving up all together. I'm not happy with my hair and it's just getting worse and worse every day...:shrug:

Awww don't give up. If it's the greasies bugging you, just wash it more often, and try the odd protein mask followed by a moisture hit, it may also help with the brittleness. Like you have previously said it may get better when you get home and back to your normal routine :)

irishsapphire
June 20th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I have missed where you have written your colour situation. So what I gathered from your past few posts on this thread, you had old red dye and your natural, more brown own colour, and you wanted them to match better, is that right?

Were the toners the hair dresser used a sort of conditioners, or shampoos? If so, you could probably buy similar products and continue the toning down process at home, now that you know which colours to use. I'd imagine a conditioner would be easier to spread on red sections than a shampoo, and less drying.

Both photos look great to my eye, your hair looks so soft and silky! BTW I never almost never manage to catch my real hair colour on camera, even on my good comera with advanced settings. It always makes my hair look much more red. For hair photos without help I think selftimer is the best, put it on 10 seconds and you will have enough time to take a pose in front of the camera. You'll just need to find a sturdy surface on good level. Since your hair is so long, your best beet might be a shelf of a book case, cupboard or wardrobe. Make sure there is enough room before the shelf so you can fit into the photo, all of you. And othr important thing is the light. It needs to be as plentiful as possible and preferably natural (especially if you want the best possible colour accuracy).

Exactly! I'm a long term thinker, and I know once my hair hits goal I'm not going to be able to afford the upkeep on the red (and henna only stays for a week or so no matter what I do), so before it's at that point, I'm wanting it to look more my natural color so I don't have the obvious growth line.

She used a clear glossing/deep conditioning style treatment thing and added the colors to it (blue and green) to tone out the red/orange colors. I am thinking of trying some of those coloring conditioners that are supposed to "boost" your natural color (John Frieda is the only brand that comes to mind, I'm sure there are others if I look) and seeing if those help, now that I'm closer to blondette/ash brown than vibrant coppery red!

Thanks for the camera tips! I've never been interested in taking picture of the back of my head, so now I've got to figure this out and appreciate all the advice!

dansyl
June 20th, 2016, 07:14 PM

I feel that way too right now. I saw pics of my hair in a bob and almost cried cause it looked so cute lol.

polarnatt
June 21st, 2016, 01:15 AM
I'm rather unhappy with my hair today too, haha. I absolutely hate this not-qualifying-for-lob-but-not-yet-long length. My waves only look good if they're cut straight up to a blunt cute bob or when they're at least BSL. This halfway nonsense looks terrible on me - but I know that on other people it definitely looks great, so maybe I'm just being too critical!

French braiding always helps me on days like these when my hair seems the worst. I only braided my bangs and that alone made me happier about my hair, when I don't focus on the length.

Also I may or may not have ordered some new hair creams and gels.. :o I hope they'll motivate my hair to behave a bit nicer lol.

ephemeri
June 24th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Exactly! I'm a long term thinker, and I know once my hair hits goal I'm not going to be able to afford the upkeep on the red (and henna only stays for a week or so no matter what I do), so before it's at that point, I'm wanting it to look more my natural color so I don't have the obvious growth line.

What henna brand and type do you use? I've been using henna for several months on just my new growth at the roots and it appears to be super permanent!

diddiedaisy
June 26th, 2016, 02:49 AM
I have found the perfect measuring bra, the bottom lines up perfectly with the bottom of my shoulder blades. My hair is touching the strap in parts and on my right side which is longer (hurray for self trimming!!!) is mm's from the bottom.

Soooo close. I'm certainly on track for calling at the end of July or early August.

irishsapphire
June 26th, 2016, 09:36 PM
What henna brand and type do you use? I've been using henna for several months on just my new growth at the roots and it appears to be super permanent!

I haven't used it in YEARS because it washed out.... I don't even remember now..... That was the odd part! Everybody I read at the time said it was permanent, the color never stayed on me. I suppose my hair is special :D I'm tempted to try it again in another year or so, but for the moment I'm happy getting reacquainted with my brown :D

lithostoic
June 26th, 2016, 10:56 PM
I think I'm gonna be moving my BSL line from bottom of strap. to top of strap. That seems to be the more accurate point. Means I'm much closer than I thought!

diddiedaisy
June 27th, 2016, 12:48 AM
It's difficult to know where to call it. I've actually moved mine down slightly, otherwise I could call it now. Call it where you want, that's what I say!!!

Sparklylady82
June 28th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Just checking in... I'm still here and still apl. Hoping to make bsl by the end of the year. It will be close because that is 3.5 inches away for me. Here's my pic https://goo.gl/photos/ayR3hgN8NHqnYA8A9

vpatt
June 28th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Just checking in... I'm still here and still apl. Hoping to make bsl by the end of the year. It will be close because that is 3.5 inches away for me. Here's my pic https://goo.gl/photos/ayR3hgN8NHqnYA8A9

Very pretty.

rosestark
June 29th, 2016, 03:45 PM
My last post on this thread was more than a year ago! Yikes! Today I took a new picture and hair is STILL not BSL! :thud: I guess that's what I get for trimming so much (I cut my hair a bit, cut in bangs, and... am now growing those out.) I am close though, I think I could call it in about two inches, maybe less. :eye:

diddiedaisy
June 29th, 2016, 04:09 PM
My last post on this thread was more than a year ago! Yikes! Today I took a new picture and hair is STILL not BSL! :thud: I guess that's what I get for trimming so much (I cut my hair a bit, cut in bangs, and... am now growing those out.) I am close though, I think I could call it in about two inches, maybe less. :eye:

Hehe, there's a few of us that have been here for a long time because of the old scissors!!! You should make it this year if you've only 2 inches. I'm hoping to call within the next month....again lol

turtlelover
June 29th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Officially calling BSL today. When I stretch it, it is actually a tiny bit below the strap on all of my bras, and definitely below the shoulder blades. On to waist!!! :D

DollyDagger
June 29th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Officially calling BSL today. When I stretch it, it is actually a tiny bit below the strap on all of my bras, and definitely below the shoulder blades. On to waist!!! :D
Congrats!..looks amazing :)!

poli
June 29th, 2016, 11:26 PM

That's great :) happy growing turtlelover :cool:

diddiedaisy
June 30th, 2016, 12:36 AM
Congratulations turtlelover :)

summergame
June 30th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Congrats Turtlelover :flower:

vpatt
June 30th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Yippee, turtlelover! You have such pretty hair.

dansyl
June 30th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Congrats!! I can't wait!! lol

turtlelover
June 30th, 2016, 06:25 PM
My official graduation photo -- mid strap when dry, bottom of strap when stretched -- https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IWWA6F42dvibu5raE_bVaK1U-f-20b16FoMspM0IH413peJyg0kPk7QnPvcXYlNqY_X_WP_PJ5LI4 D5CL-lBR0C1G5AHvswfAYXn6Xs6iAGBJ5b-B4SpuhUQ4HEn4FNR1W0SQqrJNmOZphmpTjKcbF16aA77hdEa5V qXvEVGfC0duZPSXhJef680DCweCKeLVXmZpjanXQVFKu1CBdGH b70rb5spwov47t7p3H7rE86xGD1Rs24T3ZCDP4GhyTWufVANAy ZWvxeXyFbvUT5GPg6g0up_tmFh6adlYEYrqm5OFw5IQtHdIvfb Y4AP9nZAjAHjb7uHfriDplQoBuwaNoXUdLOJHafIM-b0EiaqO3JIMZ22tzUl2KpQtBuNZGY17wv4uZuJABLD8DsKvo7M DS6mugY4Pcq-t8_eL9fEkNTiZIrBMmH7zSBvL1iF4FuWvo5sPn8_GWBXVuqf_-5WPUVziHBTgFFnkg-rHyCOKxjkWwzXIRDESWe4wGAloIh4xpmT52HOfLptUoTqPvcqP AK3B7owIzS7X8ndI9GZMih4DJM_F5GGIud0Y7U3qmEwU7djQiX 3AiDTBNYu0czgN9G4tL5i3hg=w523-h929-no

From front -- still seems shorter cause of the layering and U cut https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RZjAw2bmY56Dg3qmDfGPx5HmM1Gc_25Tgog35UFd3K2XY2gRgl t3a45HIW0ep-xvwYgCeVxqIwqK6dBbqYaqPjKYw9QhicZ59aCZdo5vJQLo_RUp FahdAy9O6vyC0JV8eLNF3kYVrAS_7ss4zWaa5QjyUvIwMOYZKY QDJca9Z5UFbX7BSDtt3CTPQalR1bU5GX2SuHdnGeYY1-V7bIfTOeg0h6ycqydDpBHXcsjFoxuSXJw3qc2muM9BYJJPdLeM DXLPAw9uv2chfrMnjCWpUiVItEH5sytSMCwB-F39e7bMivCFYkOriwAvknnDWqOow6TF8Ucz_CJMjFFkfGvjUBc 6sebQOULWLJUrz7HV3cP-SxZFuM1_QGcsksP1AxCdrS1MRiBQHc08mA6bUo6cg99I25r5MM oTPNOU874Qmx0NN3SegySc347JitmUuDNW7rUMIOu0V1zNLYz_ TwVjWAn9vnhGQRg2Vl3dlPH_KFtbzA0BxW-btssS71WjtfViT39Cmol6RA2uoZc4-HRLu7_A3Ljd2OHHVpG8d_mQ4Ge2H_nSQNLu2PWZkWbOT1Tag_b CfxyuTdfkyUr4iblnlik3DPz3K-4=w523-h929-no

Sparklylady82
July 1st, 2016, 12:04 AM
Very pretty.

Thank you!

Arctic
July 1st, 2016, 05:29 AM
My official graduation photo -- mid strap when dry, bottom of strap when stretched -- https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IWWA6F42dvibu5raE_bVaK1U-f-20b16FoMspM0IH413peJyg0kPk7QnPvcXYlNqY_X_WP_PJ5LI4 D5CL-lBR0C1G5AHvswfAYXn6Xs6iAGBJ5b-B4SpuhUQ4HEn4FNR1W0SQqrJNmOZphmpTjKcbF16aA77hdEa5V qXvEVGfC0duZPSXhJef680DCweCKeLVXmZpjanXQVFKu1CBdGH b70rb5spwov47t7p3H7rE86xGD1Rs24T3ZCDP4GhyTWufVANAy ZWvxeXyFbvUT5GPg6g0up_tmFh6adlYEYrqm5OFw5IQtHdIvfb Y4AP9nZAjAHjb7uHfriDplQoBuwaNoXUdLOJHafIM-b0EiaqO3JIMZ22tzUl2KpQtBuNZGY17wv4uZuJABLD8DsKvo7M DS6mugY4Pcq-t8_eL9fEkNTiZIrBMmH7zSBvL1iF4FuWvo5sPn8_GWBXVuqf_-5WPUVziHBTgFFnkg-rHyCOKxjkWwzXIRDESWe4wGAloIh4xpmT52HOfLptUoTqPvcqP AK3B7owIzS7X8ndI9GZMih4DJM_F5GGIud0Y7U3qmEwU7djQiX 3AiDTBNYu0czgN9G4tL5i3hg=w523-h929-no

From front -- still seems shorter cause of the layering and U cut https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RZjAw2bmY56Dg3qmDfGPx5HmM1Gc_25Tgog35UFd3K2XY2gRgl t3a45HIW0ep-xvwYgCeVxqIwqK6dBbqYaqPjKYw9QhicZ59aCZdo5vJQLo_RUp FahdAy9O6vyC0JV8eLNF3kYVrAS_7ss4zWaa5QjyUvIwMOYZKY QDJca9Z5UFbX7BSDtt3CTPQalR1bU5GX2SuHdnGeYY1-V7bIfTOeg0h6ycqydDpBHXcsjFoxuSXJw3qc2muM9BYJJPdLeM DXLPAw9uv2chfrMnjCWpUiVItEH5sytSMCwB-F39e7bMivCFYkOriwAvknnDWqOow6TF8Ucz_CJMjFFkfGvjUBc 6sebQOULWLJUrz7HV3cP-SxZFuM1_QGcsksP1AxCdrS1MRiBQHc08mA6bUo6cg99I25r5MM oTPNOU874Qmx0NN3SegySc347JitmUuDNW7rUMIOu0V1zNLYz_ TwVjWAn9vnhGQRg2Vl3dlPH_KFtbzA0BxW-btssS71WjtfViT39Cmol6RA2uoZc4-HRLu7_A3Ljd2OHHVpG8d_mQ4Ge2H_nSQNLu2PWZkWbOT1Tag_b CfxyuTdfkyUr4iblnlik3DPz3K-4=w523-h929-no

Photos are not showing. But congrats on graduating!

turtlelover
July 1st, 2016, 06:39 AM
It must have been a server issue. They weren't earlier for me either, but now I can see them.

diddiedaisy
July 1st, 2016, 06:57 AM
I have measured my hair properly today and I grown an unbelievable amount.

I cut 3 inches off my hair at the beginning of April, the middle pic was taken on the 8th April, roughly two weeks after the first pic. The third pic was taken last week.

When I cut it in April I was closing in on MBL. I estimated I would have my length back towards the end of September/early October but I think I will get by the end of this month or early August.

My roots on the top of my head have still grown the obligatory 1cm every 4 weeks during this time which should make 3cm grown back since my cut. But my back has grown a whopping 6.5 cm's. I can't believe it. I did suspect my back (in parts) grew faster as my numbers never added up when I would work out how much length I had gained over a year, including cuts, compared to how much my roots threw out. No wonder I have the constant fight with fairytails. I am sooo happy :)

I am actually back at bsl now, but I'm going to wait until the end of the month to call it, I don't feel quite right calling it yet because of the shrinkage.
p.s my hip line is just at the bottom of my muffin tops in the 3rd pic...just let you know so can gauge length properly because of what I'm wearing lol

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/th_1FC90591-DBAD-4146-A343-77E44E302F2B_zpsxj5lsxyn.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1FC90591-DBAD-4146-A343-77E44E302F2B_zpsxj5lsxyn.jpg.html)http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/th_EB699496-B001-4F1D-A8DE-954E3BC0D138_zpsyxp3ue5i.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EB699496-B001-4F1D-A8DE-954E3BC0D138_zpsyxp3ue5i.jpg.html)http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/th_A71E8039-ED06-43BE-AB88-3B0C52ECBA33_zpsvk81aq1z.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/A71E8039-ED06-43BE-AB88-3B0C52ECBA33_zpsvk81aq1z.jpg.html)

Arctic
July 1st, 2016, 07:44 AM
It must have been a server issue. They weren't earlier for me either, but now I can see them.

Nope, still can't see them.

I cut 3 inches off my hair at the beginning of April, the middle pic was taken on the 8th April, roughly two weeks after the first pic. The third pic was taken last week.

When I cut it in April I was closing in on MBL. I estimated I would have my length back towards the end of September/early October but I think I will get by the end of this month or early August.

My roots on the top of my head have still grown the obligatory 1cm every 4 weeks during this time which should make 3cm grown back since my cut. But my back has grown a whopping 6.5 cm's. I can't believe it. I did suspect my back (in parts) grew faster as my numbers never added up when I would work out how much length I had gained over a year, including cuts, compared to how much my roots threw out. No wonder I have the constant fight with fairytails. I am sooo happy :)

I am actually back at bsl now, but I'm going to wait until the end of the month to call it, I don't feel quite right calling it yet because of the shrinkage.
p.s my hip line is just at the bottom of my muffin tops in the 3rd pic...just let you know so can gauge length properly because of what I'm wearing lol

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/th_1FC90591-DBAD-4146-A343-77E44E302F2B_zpsxj5lsxyn.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1FC90591-DBAD-4146-A343-77E44E302F2B_zpsxj5lsxyn.jpg.html)http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/th_EB699496-B001-4F1D-A8DE-954E3BC0D138_zpsyxp3ue5i.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EB699496-B001-4F1D-A8DE-954E3BC0D138_zpsyxp3ue5i.jpg.html)http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/th_A71E8039-ED06-43BE-AB88-3B0C52ECBA33_zpsvk81aq1z.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/A71E8039-ED06-43BE-AB88-3B0C52ECBA33_zpsvk81aq1z.jpg.html)

Well I have been telling you all along that you have super growth!

diddiedaisy
July 1st, 2016, 08:00 AM
Nope, still can't see them.

Well I have been telling you all along that you have super growth!

You have yes lol. Must admit though I would prefer it if it all grew at that pace!!! It's hard to keep on top of my hemline.

Arctic
July 1st, 2016, 08:15 AM
You have yes lol. Must admit though I would prefer it if it all grew at that pace!!! It's hard to keep on top of my hemline.

You are doing great job, look at that progress! :cheer:

diddiedaisy
July 1st, 2016, 08:46 AM
You are doing great job, look at that progress! :cheer:

I'm slowly getting there. It still thins out quite a bit about inch past apl, I also have a shoulder/cbl layer and an ear length layer. But this is probably the best hemline I've had at this length. I'm not going to think about how long it's gonna take for those layers to catch up lol :)

Sparklylady82
July 1st, 2016, 11:36 AM

That's amazing progress!

diddiedaisy
July 1st, 2016, 11:48 AM
Thankyou sparklylady :)

ladyshep
July 1st, 2016, 12:09 PM
My hair is growing quite rapid, and i am getting there. I am still thinking by Christmas. I don't have any urges to cut it now that i am happy with what it looks like and the ends are in good shape.

Idreamlong
July 2nd, 2016, 04:16 AM
Just posted a massive thread of my own so won't bore you with the details here but I straightened my hair for the first time in 10 months today to get a proper length shot.

Below photo is Feb this year, unstraightened
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsu082eow6.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsu082eow6.jpeg.html)

And here is today's pic with my top layer tied up and my bottom layers straightened

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsatggxcbe.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsatggxcbe.jpeg.html)

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsajbkne5t.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsajbkne5t.jpeg.html)

And with all of my hair down/ straightened.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxeqtn2yn.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxeqtn2yn.jpeg.html)

I am DESPERATE to reach BSL by 31st Dec!!

diddiedaisy
July 2nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the thread Idreamlong, I don't think you'll be here too long before moving on to the next thread :)

teaplease
July 2nd, 2016, 01:33 PM
Wow your growth is amazing diddiedaisy -congratulations!

dansyl
July 2nd, 2016, 01:36 PM
Ok, so I'm not wearing a bra... But this is where I'm at now lol. It feels long today! http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w478/dansyl867/Mobile%20Uploads/92F226BD-19B5-4BB0-8C4C-238FB9AF13DC_zpse6e2rgqp.jpg

lithostoic
July 2nd, 2016, 06:42 PM
My body looks weird but I'm only about two inches from BSL c:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13603373_1353551614661587_5701112124849775208_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Chocowalnut
July 2nd, 2016, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, I am back in this thread again. After I tried to remove my henna it left some damage so I decided to get some of it cut. The color looks good now though, no more drastic demarcation line, and most of my hair is natural color now. It's at a couple inches below apl not stretched. I'll post a pic later. Been away from the site for a couple months, happy to be back :)

Roscata
July 2nd, 2016, 11:34 PM
I don't think I posted here yet, but I've been following the thread since I reached APL. This is yesterday's hair: Clickable LINK (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ioana2adelina/7-1-2016.jpg). It is a bigger version of my current siggy pic, fingers are at BSL.
Today I am happy because my hair was in a cinnabun held by a hair fork all day, with all my layers it's the only thing I can really do right now.
I was informed by my DH that I have white hairs showing around my temples so I'm considering covering them up with some Lush henna (caca brun), I am not sure about it 100% yet.
Anyway... I just wanted to stop by and say "hi all". :waving:

diddiedaisy
July 3rd, 2016, 03:36 AM
lithostoic, your hairs looking great, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your body :)

Welcome to the thread chocowalnut and roscata :)

Kiiruna
July 3rd, 2016, 05:59 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23788&d=1467547077

so close... yet so far... :D

Sparklylady82
July 5th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Just posted a massive thread of my own so won't bore you with the details here but I straightened my hair for the first time in 10 months today to get a proper length shot.

Below photo is Feb this year, unstraightened
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsu082eow6.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsu082eow6.jpeg.html)

And here is today's pic with my top layer tied up and my bottom layers straightened

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsatggxcbe.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsatggxcbe.jpeg.html)

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsajbkne5t.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsajbkne5t.jpeg.html)

And with all of my hair down/ straightened.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxeqtn2yn.jpeg (http://s748.photobucket.com/user/horsemadme/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxeqtn2yn.jpeg.html)

I am DESPERATE to reach BSL by 31st Dec!!
I'm pretty sure you'll make it, how exciting!

Hey guys, I am back in this thread again. After I tried to remove my henna it left some damage so I decided to get some of it cut. The color looks good now though, no more drastic demarcation line, and most of my hair is natural color now. It's at a couple inches below apl not stretched. I'll post a pic later. Been away from the site for a couple months, happy to be back :)
Welcome back! It must feel nice to have a fresh start

My body looks weird but I'm only about two inches from BSL c:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13603373_1353551614661587_5701112124849775208_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
I don't see anything word about your body just FYI... You'll be at bsl in no time!

Ok, so I'm not wearing a bra... But this is where I'm at now lol. It feels long today! http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w478/dansyl867/Mobile%20Uploads/92F226BD-19B5-4BB0-8C4C-238FB9AF13DC_zpse6e2rgqp.jpg
You are so close and the color is gorgeous!

I don't think I posted here yet, but I've been following the thread since I reached APL. This is yesterday's hair: Clickable LINK (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/ioana2adelina/7-1-2016.jpg). It is a bigger version of my current siggy pic, fingers are at BSL.
Today I am happy because my hair was in a cinnabun held by a hair fork all day, with all my layers it's the only thing I can really do right now.
I was informed by my DH that I have white hairs showing around my temples so I'm considering covering them up with some Lush henna (caca brun), I am not sure about it 100% yet.
Anyway... I just wanted to stop by and say "hi all". :waving:
Hello! I am struggling with layers also!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23788&d=1467547077

so close... yet so far... :D

That's how I feel too! Hang in there! XX

tuulie
July 5th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I'm also checking in here! I tried posting last week but apparently my post never showed up. I'm about an inch below APL, I think. It's hard to say because it depends so much on my poster. If I stand perfectly I'm just barely at APL, if I slouch like I normally do I'm easily over APL.
Anyway I'm trying to focus on thickness now rather than strictly on length. I've been taking biotin and MSM for a year and after cowashing and some herbal treatments I've noticed I have much thicker hair coming in, so I've started trimming a tiny bit once a month, hoping to even out the difference.

Sparklylady82
July 5th, 2016, 02:46 PM
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/haleyemily06/Mobile%20Uploads/20160621_095711_zpsmf2sg58g.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/haleyemily06/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160621_095711_zpsmf2sg58g.jpg.html)

I'm barely Apl... I'm actually a tad longer now than in this pic... Where do you all think bsl is on me?

lapis_lazuli
July 5th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Your hair is so shiny and perfect, Sparklylady82! :thud:
BSL is usually bottom of the shoulder blade but it's ultimately up to you where to call it :)

Sparklylady82
July 6th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Your hair is so shiny and perfect, Sparklylady82! :thud:
BSL is usually bottom of the shoulder blade but it's ultimately up to you where to call it :)

Thank you!!! Your hair is lovely and his exciting to have a floor length goal :)

vpatt
July 6th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Wow your growth is amazing diddiedaisy -congratulations!

X2, wow, really fast!
Well, I love looking at everyone's pictures, they are all wonderful!

lapis_lazuli
July 6th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Thank you!!! Your hair is lovely and his exciting to have a floor length goal :)

Many thanks! :blushing: I hope you'll check in and share your progress along the way to BSL :)

Roscata
July 6th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the thread chocowalnut and roscata :)

Thank you! :)

Hello! I am struggling with layers also!
Hi! :)

irishsapphire
July 6th, 2016, 10:23 PM
YAY!!!!!

I totally forgot to get pictures while there was light out, but I did a bit of measuring tonight. BSL (shoulder blade, not bra strap - so SBL?) is at about 57cm/22.5 inches. My hair last month was at 23.5inches/60.5cm!!!!!

It's the same length this month, due to a tiny trim mid June. I think its been slow growing this month because I've been very very bad and eating all sorts of things that I shouldn't, in a futile attempt to feel horrid enough that something (allergies, thyroid, anything at freaking all to show up on a blood test, so my hair seems to have stalled a bit. Nails haven't, but definitely have slowed down. Hopefully after this round of tests I'll behave and get back to eating properly. But I digress...

I'm past shoulder blades!!! YIPPIE!!!!

That means its onto the BSL to Waist thread for me! I soooooo wish I would have done the body measurements sooner, I wouldn't have felt so bad that my hair is taking so long to get to BSL! Well, it is, according to straps, but not according to shoulder blades!

Any-hoo, YAY! It's been fun ladies, now I get to go get cozy in a whole new thread :D

Alien Girl
July 6th, 2016, 11:14 PM
I did it!!! Haven't been on this forum since March oops...
My hair was 16 inches in March and now it is 19 inches for July. 3 inches in 4 months not bad at all! My hair growth rate is .6-.75" per month.
Progress pic in my sig! I guess now I will graduate to the BSL thread... Good luck everyone! :toast:

diddiedaisy
July 6th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Congratulations irishsapphire and alien girl :)

diddiedaisy
July 7th, 2016, 02:30 AM
I'm having an internal debate on when to call. Stretched my hair is at the bottom of my bra strap which sits just below my shoulder blades. Unstretched, on a day where it's not too curly it sits at the top of bra strap. I always measure my hair stretched though because I lose between 1 inch and 3 inches depending on what mood my hair is in, and I never wear my hair natural anyway it's a messy, unpredictable 2a that just looks scruffy. I know I could call it now as it is bsl whichever way you look at it, but...I don't even know what the but is lol

Maybe it's all in my head, this will by my third time at bsl and previously every time I've moved over to the next thread I've whacked a load of hair off (usually 3 inches) within a month of being there. Hmmmm, I think I've got issues lol

Alien Girl
July 7th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Thank you!! And don't worry I've been so adamant about growing too but I've chopped a few inches twice in the past two years. T_T You'll get there! Just keep the scissors away!:cheer:

dansyl
July 7th, 2016, 05:45 PM
I have no idea where to call BSL!!!

lapis_lazuli
July 7th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Congrats to irishsapphire and Alien Girl!!! :grin:

diddiedaisy, there is no right way to call BSL (stretched or unstretched), just wherever it feels right for you :) And yes, keep those scissors far away!!! ;)

Kiiruna
July 8th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Why o' why do I have to be so tall...

vpatt
July 9th, 2016, 05:31 AM
Why o' why do I have to be so tall...

Lol, I feel your pain. But we will get there.

JadeTigress
July 9th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I've been feeling the itch of the scissors lately and I just needed to vent for a moment. I know it's just because APL is my absolute least favorite length on me; it's so blah and I just want it to look good, I feel so frumpy at this length. I keep reminding myself that if I cut I'll still hate the length, and then I'll be stuck here even longer. If I leave it alone I think can reach BSL around New Year's, or atleast be very close, and hit waist by this time next summer. But that'll only happen if I leave the scissors alone! I'm just throwing it up every day and trying to ignore it at this point, while searching for ways to jazz it up. I'm thinking about dip dying the ends. I'm not thrilled about bleach damage (I've got dark hair that previous experience with highlights has shown me is hard to bleach), but I figure if it's just the ends I'll be trimming that away anyway and it won't take too long to get rid of. So it may be worth the trade off if it keeps me happy long enough to keep from cutting so I can hurry up and get out of the APL-BSL abyss.

dansyl
July 9th, 2016, 10:52 AM
I think APL is blah and most anyone. It's not long, it's not short. We will get there!!! And ditto on the being tall. My hair is long:.. But I'm so tall it doesn't look long lol

Arctic
July 9th, 2016, 12:10 PM
You don't have to be in any length threads :) Maybe that would help, at least it would help me not to obsess about the length. I don't really participate in length threads either, unless there happens to be interesting topic.

ETA: Oops, this was for DiddieDaisy on the previous page, I didn't realise her post was couple of days old :P

diddiedaisy
July 9th, 2016, 12:23 PM
You don't have to be in any length threads :) Maybe that would help, at least it would help me not to obsess about the length. I don't really participate in length threads either, unless there happens to be interesting topic.

ETA: Oops, this was for DiddieDaisy on the previous page, I didn't realise her post was couple of days old :P

You're sacked arctic, days for a reply????!!!!!!! lol I think it's because I get bored, I always want to get the scissors out at this length. I'm sick to death of being about this length lol I just need to push on through the barrier I think. That's the only thing with growing your hair, it gets soooo tedious especially when you seem to be stuck in a timewarp of apl to bsl. I was wondering about a dusting before, but then I remembered that dustings don't really work out for me, so I stepped away. I'm taking that as progress :)

Anyway, I've decided to loiter around here for the time being.

ephemeri
July 9th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I think APL is blah and most anyone. It's not long, it's not short. We will get there!!! And ditto on the being tall. My hair is long:.. But I'm so tall it doesn't look long lol

Agreed. This is a very tough length to be at. I also am finding that the more I think about my hair, the slower it feels like it grows! My hair growth hasn't changed, it's average to a little faster, but wanting it to grow makes it feel like its soooo slooooowwww. ;)

Hang in there everyone! We'll get there!

vpatt
July 9th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I don't like the BSL goal. Reaching goal depends on which bra you are wearing because they are all different. It just seems kind of boring.....maybe because I am not obsessed so much as I was. I can stretch to goal with most bras, but I would rather wait a while before calling it. I may use shoulder blade instead....I am past shoulder blade but that makes waist seem further away......oh well, lol.

diddiedaisy
July 9th, 2016, 03:12 PM
You sound like me vpatt lol, you sound about my length too :)

poli
July 10th, 2016, 12:07 AM
I like the idea of dividing the distance between APL and waist in half and just call it then.

Arctic
July 10th, 2016, 12:28 AM
I like the idea of dividing the distance between APL and waist in half and just call it then.

That's exactly where my lower BSL is, I call that length MBL (mid-back lenght). And yes, I consider that a solid BSL on me.

poli
July 10th, 2016, 12:45 AM
That's exactly where my lower BSL is, I call that length MBL (mid-back lenght). And yes, I consider that a solid BSL on me.

I'm still 1,5 cm away. And I have to apologize for a little rant here. I'm really bored right now with my hair. I still want to grow it, but you know...
Anyways I got a black deposit dye /toner to try adding black streak to my hair for diversity. I chose black because I hope it will show without bleaching.

diddiedaisy
July 10th, 2016, 01:11 AM
For me the halfway point between apl and waist is right at the bottom of shoulder blades. I measure my mid back from nape of neck to tail bone, and that point is one inch past bottom shoulder blades.

It is a boring stage though, doesn't look short anymore, doesn't look long yet. I think my hair will feel long to me when I am a solid mid back with shrinkage.

Arctic
July 10th, 2016, 02:00 AM
My MBL (between apl and waist, which is where the bottom of my bra band sits) is at least 2 inches below bottom of shoulder blades (I didn't measure, just eyeballed). So for me personally shoulder blades are not representative of BSL, although I see nothing wrong at having it as a goal in itself for me or for anyone else. But yeah, every body's different, and shoulder blades has an appeal because it's a solid bodily marker (it'd be my next mini-goal if I would have goals). I can understand why diddiedaisy and others want to use it as a replacement of BSL, I just "can't" myself (mentally) as it is so far away from my actual BSL (bottom of bra band, or if I hold a tape measure around my torso under breasts).

I'm slightly bored with my hair too. Nothing serious, but it just hasn't given me enjoyment lately to care for it, or make updos. Not even dyeing the nape helped. Reading mane forum bores me ATM too. I don't mind the length per se, but maybe it's because it feels like it's been at the same length for ever.

I have my 9 years anniversary this month, BTW :)

diddiedaisy
July 10th, 2016, 02:50 AM
Congratulations on your nearly nine years :)

My youngest has high shoulder blades, the bottom of his sit just below apl, but mine line up with the band you put around the underneath of your bust, so it actually is bsl for me. Quite handy for once!!!

Arctic
July 10th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Congratulations on your nearly nine years :)

My youngest has high shoulder blades, the bottom of his sit just below apl, but mine line up with the band you put around the underneath of your bust, so it actually is bsl for me. Quite handy for once!!!

Thanks :D I can see why sometimes hair bores me, having been sailing the same hairy waters for 9 years :D

I have seen from people's photos that shoulder blade position varies widely. When I first noticed someone here having very small and high shoulder blades I had to make a double take because I had never realised shoulder blades, too, can vary so much. NOw it makes perfect sense as it seems everything in human body can vary a lot. Mine are probably on the bigger and lower side, plus I'm tall. I also think my girls sit a bit lower on my torso than avarage, comparing where my bra band sits to where it's on many others.

diddiedaisy
July 11th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Here's an update picture that actually shows my natural hair for once, can't help the messiness of it!!!! You can't see the ends very well (should have worn a black bra) but my ends are just scraping the bottom of the bra. When stretched it is past my bra. I think the bottom of my my shoulder blade is towards the top of the band. You can see where my waist is from the shading on the left hand side,

Do you think I could call it wavy, or wait a bit longer? Need to stop taking pictures with this rubbish phone :rolleyes:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/ECDB949A-B549-445D-BEAE-497122D72709_zpszituhyqg.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ECDB949A-B549-445D-BEAE-497122D72709_zpszituhyqg.jpg.html)

dansyl
July 11th, 2016, 04:34 PM
^^ I think you are BSL for sure

Sparklylady82
July 11th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Here's an update picture that actually shows my natural hair for once, can't help the messiness of it!!!! You can't see the ends very well (should have worn a black bra) but my ends are just scraping the bottom of the bra. When stretched it is past my bra. I think the bottom of my my shoulder blade is towards the top of the band. You can see where my waist is from the shading on the left hand side,

Do you think I could call it wavy, or wait a bit longer? Need to stop taking pictures with this rubbish phone :rolleyes:

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/ECDB949A-B549-445D-BEAE-497122D72709_zpszituhyqg.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ECDB949A-B549-445D-BEAE-497122D72709_zpszituhyqg.jpg.html)

Yes looks bsl to me but since you are holding the phone above you that sometimes gives the illusion of longer hair.

diddiedaisy
July 12th, 2016, 12:43 AM
Thanks for replying :). I took the photo straight on to be accurate, so it's a true length.

teaplease
July 12th, 2016, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going backwards. Doesn't seem to be growing at all. I'm fed up.

Sparklylady82
July 12th, 2016, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going backwards. Doesn't seem to be growing at all. I'm fed up.
I'm sorry you feel that way! Do you check often because I know I feel like nothing is happening if I'm checking too often. Also, are you wavy or curly... They play length tricks.

Sparklylady82
July 16th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Hi all... I'm a bit torn on whether I should count my hair as APL or not. My natural texture is not quite there but I'm a smidge part when straightened. I don't think it'll be too long before I make it back to this thread so maybe I'll hang out in both Shoulder - APL and this thread haha
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/haleyemily06/FB_IMG_1468647205597_zpsviw41s4j.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/haleyemily06/media/FB_IMG_1468647205597_zpsviw41s4j.jpg.html)

diddiedaisy
July 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Hi all... I'm a bit torn on whether I should count my hair as APL or not. My natural texture is not quite there but I'm a smidge part when straightened. I don't think it'll be too long before I make it back to this thread so maybe I'll hang out in both Shoulder - APL and this thread haha
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/haleyemily06/FB_IMG_1468647205597_zpsviw41s4j.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/haleyemily06/media/FB_IMG_1468647205597_zpsviw41s4j.jpg.html)

I think you could call it, after all the actual length of your hair is at apl. It might not look it when natural, but many wavies/curlies call it when straight because when all said and done the true length of your hair is not reflected when worn naturally.

Congratulations :)

lithostoic
July 18th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Getting closer. Looking long.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13662177_1364987986851283_2089902185531581155_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

vampyyri
July 18th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Getting closer. Looking long.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13662177_1364987986851283_2089902185531581155_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

It looks so lovely and full lithostoic!! You're so close! I think you may be able to call it in about a month!

lithostoic
July 18th, 2016, 06:47 PM
vampyyri Thank you! I hate having to manipulate my hair because then it turns into flat frizz :c I wish it could always look this nice.

vampyyri
July 18th, 2016, 07:03 PM
vampyyri Thank you! I hate having to manipulate my hair because then it turns into flat frizz :c I wish it could always look this nice.

I know the feeling too well... I just try to throw mine up and forget about it if it's misbehaving :lol:

poli
July 19th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Almost, almost. I'm spending time trying hair DIYs. It's harder to just forget about it when the milestone is close.

diddiedaisy
July 23rd, 2016, 05:04 AM
Ok people I think I'm going to graduate. I'm below shoulderblade and at bottom of bra strap

Hehe, I look like Ive got a massive head in this picture but its my new thickness growing in. Hurraayyyy!!!

Happy growing everyone and I'll see you in the next thread :)

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/853FE96E-4DB6-4881-83D2-0D2325C5FA27_zpspccrpz0x.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/853FE96E-4DB6-4881-83D2-0D2325C5FA27_zpspccrpz0x.jpg.html)

Kiiruna
July 23rd, 2016, 06:34 AM
Congratulations, diddiedaisy! See you soon - hopefully ;)

diddiedaisy
July 23rd, 2016, 01:05 PM
Congratulations, diddiedaisy! See you soon - hopefully ;)

Thankyou :)

Sparklylady82
July 23rd, 2016, 01:45 PM
Congratulations diddiedaisy!!!

poli
July 24th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Congrats diddiedaisy :)
I'm chasing you. :run:
I swear some pictures it still looks just APL, so I'm not calling it yet.

diddiedaisy
July 24th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Congratulations diddiedaisy!!!

Congrats diddiedaisy :)
I'm chasing you. :run:
I swear some pictures it still looks just APL, so I'm not calling it yet.

Thankyou :)

I've worked out multi quote as well, it's only taken me 21/2 years lol

curlylocks85
July 24th, 2016, 06:38 PM
I have not taken scissors to my hair since December 31, 2015 and I feel like my hair has been in a stall. I think the hot humid weather is likely a big contributing factor. My hair is also curly so it could be a combination of the two? Anyhow, I am not taking scissors to my hair until December 31, 2016. I hope I can make it to MBL by then.

Tatilove
July 25th, 2016, 10:50 PM
I've recently reached APL and will join this thread soon when I figure out how to post photos from my phone.

browntatis
July 26th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Hello everybody! I am new here!
I reached APL a couple months ago :toast: I am sooo happy to be here. My hair is 22" right now
My goal is Tailbone Length and the longest I ever had my hair was to WL (28") but at the time ombre hair was the new thing and I ended up frying my hair and cutting it to my shoulders :taz: Now I am letting it grow again and giving up hair dyes too.... :whistle:
Here is my picture.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24084&d=1469587749

browntatis
July 26th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Hello!
I have a question, I am a little confused. At what part of the bra strap it is considered BSL? at the top of the bra strap or at the bottom. I have about 1/2" to go for my hair to touch the TOP of the bra strap :)

Seventy7
July 28th, 2016, 12:47 PM
I think that is one of the most-asked on this board, browntatis. There is no real rule about what is right, here. Some have a short way to go to waist anyway and take the top, some feel it's close to APL and choose the bottom. And then there's those that don't even wear a bra and they pick Bottom of Shoulder-blade Length, mostly.

So, you can pick the place you like best on your journey.

And welcome here! You're got some nice growth going on. :D

browntatis
July 28th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Oh, ok. Thank you for that...
I think I will choose the bottom of my bra strap, specially because my hair has alot of layers and most of my layers are still at shoulder and chin! So I feel my hair its still short.
Thank you :)
I am attaching a more accurate picture :) of my just washed hair, air dried.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24124&d=1469744439

missrandie
July 28th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Hello everybody! I made it out of the abyss! Onward to BSL :)

Seratopia
July 28th, 2016, 07:24 PM
APL'er here. My hair always stopped growing in this area, I suspect because of breakage and never taking care if it. But I'm here now and ready to do what it takes!

Kiiruna
July 28th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Welcome, welcome! :o

lithostoic
July 28th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Getting so close ... The tippy-tip of my hemline reaches when wet. Will probably take off an inch or two next week just to get rid of more breakage.

Kiiruna
July 30th, 2016, 12:27 PM
I just measured my hair. 63cm (google tells me that it's 24.8031496 inches) and not even that near bsl :cry:

Jennah
July 31st, 2016, 03:19 PM
The longest journey ever!!! :knit:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24151&d=1469999731

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24150&d=1469999726

wispe
August 1st, 2016, 04:48 PM
Not sure which length thread fits me, my longest layer is just past bra strap (finally)but my shortest layer is solidly at APL. It kind of feels like cheating to call it. Do most measure based on the longest layer or something else?
P.S. I apologize for iffy photos, my bathrooms have little or no natural light and yellow bulbs. I threw on a dark shirt for contrast.

http://i.imgur.com/zpsZIuX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5qVPiC8.jpg

lithostoic
August 1st, 2016, 08:57 PM
Always measure by the longest layer. If someone has a v shaped hemline, they're certainly not going to say they're shoulder-length when some of their hair reaches tailbone! Very nice hair by the way.

browntatis
August 1st, 2016, 09:56 PM
Not sure which length thread fits me, my longest layer is just past bra strap (finally)but my shortest layer is solidly at APL. It kind of feels like cheating to call it. Do most measure based on the longest layer or something else?
P.S. I apologize for iffy photos, my bathrooms have little or no natural light and yellow bulbs. I threw on a dark shirt for contrast.

http://i.imgur.com/zpsZIuX.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5qVPiC8.jpg

Your hair is so pretty, I love the Color!
I am not an expert but to me, your hair looks like it is between MBL and WL :o
Always measure by the longest layer... My shorter layer is at Chin L but the longest is almost reaching BSL, about 2" to go :), I have a V shape.
:)

wispe
August 1st, 2016, 10:15 PM
Ah, I see. I probably need to jump to the next thread then. I'm short so the jump between BSL and WL is slim, so I was hesitant to call it early. Thanks lithostoic and browntatis for the feedback! And compliments (:

poli
August 1st, 2016, 11:34 PM
Hey all. I'm claiming BSL this month but I'm not rushing to join another thread because I would like to maintain around here till December (maybe grow to mid back).
:happydance:

AinorLiik
August 2nd, 2016, 03:58 PM
I just reached APL, so I'm growing towards BSL which I hope to reach around new year :)

stephy190
August 3rd, 2016, 05:33 AM
Just reached apl :) yay hi everyone ^_^ hopefully reach bsl by March next year at the latest! Anyone got any tips for getting through this phase? Going to set mini goals along the way to bsl

Hypothesis
August 4th, 2016, 12:29 AM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/Hypothisos/Mobile%20Uploads/20160804_162204-1.jpg

So. Close. :mad

NorraVarg
August 10th, 2016, 03:35 PM
First time for me here! :) I think this qualifies as APL. It's wavier here than usual, but there you are.
http://imgur.com/a/KZBxR

NorraVarg
August 10th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Ugh, newbie fail. Here's the photo.
http://i.imgur.com/Uk5V3q6.jpg?2 (http://imgur.com/Uk5V3q6)

Cassyopeia
August 11th, 2016, 06:45 AM
Just reached apl :) yay hi everyone ^_^ hopefully reach bsl by March next year at the latest! Anyone got any tips for getting through this phase? Going to set mini goals along the way to bsl

Try new buns and braids. That is what has kept me from going crazy and not chopping it all off �� I couldn't do anything but a sort of inverted cinnabun at apl, but suddenly I could do a lwb, a normal cinnabun, nautilus etc. And actually having braids that looks like braids and not just a weird knot is fun.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/Hypothisos/Mobile%20Uploads/20160804_162204-1.jpg

So. Close. :mad

Indeed so close! :D Mine is exactly the same at the moment. Just did a small trim, and measured my hair to 27,5 inches, only half an inch to go before I'm at the bottom of my bra strap. Atleast my longest layers. My shortest seems stuck at apl :( Also where I find most damage and splits.

Ugh, newbie fail. Here's the photo.
http://i.imgur.com/Uk5V3q6.jpg?2 (http://imgur.com/Uk5V3q6)

Would definetly call it apl. Lovely colour and texture.

NorraVarg
August 11th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Would definetly call it apl. Lovely colour and texture.
Wahh, thanks! :D The colour is my biggest road block as I find it to be so incredibly boring. I want either a rich dark colour or a super-pale one and both of those end in my having to chop my hair off. Sigh.

Hypothesis
August 12th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Indeed so close! :D Mine is exactly the same at the moment. Just did a small trim, and measured my hair to 27,5 inches, only half an inch to go before I'm at the bottom of my bra strap. Atleast my longest layers. My shortest seems stuck at apl :( Also where I find most damage and splits.

Urgh it's the worst. We'll both just have to keep plodding along until we get there. I'm pretty thankful that I haven't got too many splits yet, but I imagine come the summer months I'll have split end galore.

lithostoic
August 12th, 2016, 10:46 AM
...The colour is my biggest road block as I find it to be so incredibly boring. I want either a rich dark colour or a super-pale one...

But I like your hair color! Not boring at all. Compared to mine, it's rich and dark. I'd like to have it rather than my in-between shade that some call blonde and some call brown.

stephy190
August 14th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Hi all :) just reached apl at the start of this month.. joining this thread yayy! How is everyone getting on?

notnotevil
August 18th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Hi! I just trimmed my hair slightly, slowly evening out the hemline. I think I'm right in between, but the "length" varies so much with the angle of my head. (And whether my bra rides up... Lol)
This is the longest my hair has been EVER... Woo!

http://imgur.com/CVKNNSs

I tried to show what BSL will be but my finger ended up wonky. I need about 1-1.5 inches for a solid BSL, IMO. :)

Sparklylady82
August 18th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Hi all :) just reached apl at the start of this month.. joining this thread yayy! How is everyone getting on?

Welcome! Happy Growing!

Hi! I just trimmed my hair slightly, slowly evening out the hemline. I think I'm right in between, but the "length" varies so much with the angle of my head. (And whether my bra rides up... Lol)
This is the longest my hair has been EVER... Woo!

http://imgur.com/CVKNNSs

I tried to show what BSL will be but my finger ended up wonky. I need about 1-1.5 inches for a solid BSL, IMO. :)

The image didn't show up for me but Congrats on being so close to BSL!

notnotevil
August 18th, 2016, 01:08 PM
The image didn't show up for me but Congrats on being so close to BSL!

Ah! I'm still new here, you may notice, haha. Thanks :)
I hope this one works/

https://s4.postimg.org/a3dewiejh/image.jpg

Sparklylady82
August 20th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Ah! I'm still new here, you may notice, haha. Thanks :)
I hope this one works/

https://s4.postimg.org/a3dewiejh/image.jpg

Now I see! Congratulations!

dansyl
August 21st, 2016, 04:25 PM
So.... I'm calling BSL because I'm at the top of my bra strap. I put on a different bra today and I just grazed past the top. I'm past below shoulder blades so um... I'm calling it!!! Lol

Belle Paix
August 21st, 2016, 04:32 PM
I was totally at BSL...then I had to trim to even my ends ><. I'm thinking another month or so and I'll be back at BSL and on to waist!:cheese:

Lize
August 22nd, 2016, 11:58 AM
Hi guys! :waving: I was in this thread some years ago (eventually got to waist that time), but I chopped and had shorter hair for a while. Now growing again and I am currently at APL. It looks shorter in the photo because of my sweater I think. I plan to grow without trims except from S&D when needed and start maintaining at tailbone which is my goal. This time around I will prioritize length before blunt ends until I get to my goal length.

Starting point:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/Libelous/IMG_7977%20edited_zpshoiku9dr.jpg

Sparklylady82
August 22nd, 2016, 10:28 PM
So.... I'm calling BSL because I'm at the top of my bra strap. I put on a different bra today and I just grazed past the top. I'm past below shoulder blades so um... I'm calling it!!! Lol

YAAAY! CONGRATULATIONS! hope to catch up soon!

I was totally at BSL...then I had to trim to even my ends ><. I'm thinking another month or so and I'll be back at BSL and on to waist!:cheese:
You'll be there in no time!

Hi guys! :waving: I was in this thread some years ago (eventually got to waist that time), but I chopped and had shorter hair for a while. Now growing again and I am currently at APL. It looks shorter in the photo because of my sweater I think. I plan to grow without trims except from S&D when needed and start maintaining at tailbone which is my goal. This time around I will prioritize length before blunt ends until I get to my goal length.

Welcome and happy growing!

Silverbleed
August 25th, 2016, 01:12 PM
I really think my bottom layer is growing way faster than my top layer. The distance seems to become bigger. Is that normal or...? Am I just weird lol. (Bottom layer is just past APL, top layer is almost brushing shoulders. No damage or trims)

lithostoic
August 25th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Getting very close, wet and combed.

https://scontent-mia1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14079711_1397457203604361_809258615813804357_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=fd84350f2e53ab33b140c505da27a002&oe=583DB4A6

dansyl
August 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I'm still gonna hang around here for a few months. Some bras I'm BSL, some bras I'm not haha. BSL is just a weird length to me haha.

Kiiruna
August 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM
So many of you are soooo close! I'll take a progress pic in the beginning of September and I hope I'll be a couple of cm's closer to BSL than in July... :)

ephemeri
August 25th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Wow lithostoic! You are really close. I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was seeing pics of yours just at APL!

Silverbleed
August 26th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Getting very close, wet and combed.

[photo]

Whoa so close! Did your hair have a growth spurt? xD

lithostoic
August 26th, 2016, 04:29 PM
ephemeri I reached APL in April, not too long ago!

Silverbleed Not sure, haha. Seems like it huh?

Thanks you guys for your continued support c:

triumphator!
August 31st, 2016, 07:57 AM
Hi everyone :waving:

I'm joining this thread today!

Here's my hair at APL when curly and unstretched.
Wet:
http://i68.tinypic.com/8y8cid.png

Dry:
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wf49co.png

I'm definitely here for a long time - BSL is so far away right now!

lithostoic
August 31st, 2016, 09:45 AM
Brushed straight. Mictrotrimmed yesterday, ends looking much better. I think I'm calling it!

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14199600_1402886856394729_5509753826289992827_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d2bb9c8b9dc3d3d77c487d661e9f9756&oe=5852C314

Pol
August 31st, 2016, 09:51 AM
Yay, welcome Triumphator! Loved seeing everyone's pictures. I'm at BSL now, but I'm hanging around this thread as I'm planning to maintain for a while. I shall keep cheering you all on!

202_bh_rider
August 31st, 2016, 09:05 PM
honestly putting your hair up really does help you forget about it for a while. I just washed my hair with actual shampoo (CO wash for the past two weeks) following up on a protien mask for my ends (3 parts mayo, 1 egg yolk, 1 part honey, and 1 part conditioner) and a hot oil mask on my roots (coconut oil, vitamin E oil, and a dash of tea tree oil). let it sit for two hours and was astonished by how long it has actually gotten. it dried and was only about an inch and a half above my bra strap, when I seriously thought I was MAYBE apl..at most. guess I'll be keeping my hair tucked up in a bun for the next few months!

triumphator!
September 1st, 2016, 07:32 AM
Thank you, Pol! I feel like I am finally starting to make some progress. Shoulder to APL is always such a chore.

202_bh_rider - can I get some of that surprise growth? Benign neglect is the way to go, in my opinion. You'll be at BSL in no time!

Kiiruna
September 1st, 2016, 12:17 PM
Your hair has such a lovely texture, triumphator :o

202_bh_rider
September 1st, 2016, 02:01 PM
haha, wishing my luck to you! I honestly think the only reason I got my suprise growth spirt was because of the warm weather..my hair loves summer! within the next month or so, I have a feeling it'll slow down to normal again. but again, good luck and stay patient with me!

202_bh_rider
September 1st, 2016, 02:03 PM
202_bh_rider - can I get some of that surprise growth? Benign neglect is the way to go, in my opinion. You'll be at BSL in no time![/QUOTE]

thankyou! stay patient with me!

202_bh_rider
September 1st, 2016, 02:44 PM
this is my hair without heat and dried, just a quick length check before I put it back up! http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o534/victoria_troupe/IMG_2596_zpsjwsq8rbv.jpg (http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/victoria_troupe/media/IMG_2596_zpsjwsq8rbv.jpg.html)

Mirabele
September 2nd, 2016, 01:08 AM
Brushed straight. Mictrotrimmed yesterday, ends looking much better. I think I'm calling it!

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14199600_1402886856394729_5509753826289992827_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d2bb9c8b9dc3d3d77c487d661e9f9756&oe=5852C314
You are definitely bsl. Your hair looks so good and what a great progress!