PDA

View Full Version : Armpit | Midback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

theresajensen
May 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I'm finally here! I'm just below apl, so will be here for some time, my ultimate goal is actually BSL, I have never had that long hair in my life :)

cooklaezo13
May 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Welcome theresajensen!!

theresajensen
May 10th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Thank you very much, really love following all your wonderfull progress :)

cooklaezo13
May 11th, 2013, 05:43 PM
aww thank you :)

Does anyone else notice that at this length is where real serious tangles begin? Suddenly my hair feels a lot more tangly, without a change in routine. Its still soft, but tangles more. I attribute it to the additional length.

MegaMystery
May 12th, 2013, 01:20 AM
I hadn't noticed any extra tangles really until I tried a shampoo bar last night. Now my ends are more tangly.. next time I'll try soaking my ends in the citric acid rinse first before pouring it on my head to see if that might be the cause of it :)

silverthread
May 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks silverthread and Lissandria! :) My goal is BSL by the end of this year.. anyone else have that goal here?

My goal also is BSL by the end of the year. I have about 4 inches to go, so we'll see. Good luck to you!

cooklaezo13
May 12th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I recently tried a shampoo bar too, but I was noticing the additional tangles before I tried the shampoo bar. Which one did you try?

SerinaDaith
May 12th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I think BSL will probably be in about a year for me but we'll see.

TheLuckyLurker
May 12th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I haven't noticed more tangles specifically, but I have noticed that it seems like the closer I get to my goal, the worse my ends seem to get. As such, I'll be here for another month at least before I move back to the APL to BSL thread.

maborosi
May 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I'll join this thread!

I'm at 23" currently, and I think I figured out that BSL was a little more than 26" or so on me. (the bottom of the brastrap is how I measure BSL)
I'll definitely make it there by Christmas- hopefully earlier, if I can resist the urge to trim unnecessarily.

By BSL, I can usually start to do some really cool stuff with my hair. I am so excited to be growing there!!

~maborosi~

A. Correira
May 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
So, this past weekend, I convinced myself to get a trim. I hadn't had one since September so it was time and I got it layered too. It feels wonderful. The woman who cut my hair only took maybe 1/4 an inch off the longest part and I'm sure my hair has nearly grown that back by now. Haha. But I think that I am stuck in this thread for another month. But by then, I will most definitely be BSL!!

chen bao jun
May 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
I've reached BSL when stretched. Unfortunately (though it feels like I've been posting forever) I don't have permission to post attachments.
I've been on here a year (on May 25th). I started at a little below shoulder stretched. I was hoping to reach APL stretched by this time and I'm so pleased to be at BSL instead and can hardly believe it. I'm very happy, though because I'm a 3C curly, you can't see all the length I retained when my hair isn't stretched. I'm guessing I'd have to be at waist before it LOOKED as if it were BSL.

Bunnysaur
May 19th, 2013, 09:27 PM
No one has permission to post attachments :) You get pictures into your posts by uploading them to a hosting site, and copying the URL into a post using [IMG ] [/IMG ] tags, without the spaces, or clicking the "Insert Image" button in the font bar at the top of the reply box.

akilina
May 19th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Im feeling sort of upset...In all almost 4 years of being on LHC I have only loomed between BSL and APL...Never getting CLOSE to bsl at all....at best I have been maybe 2 1/2 inches away. I am in that big abyss again and I just hope that for ONCE I can get to BSL. Really, I take responsibility as it is my own damned fault but I wish I had more self control when it came to my hair.

I am really enjoying my hair anyhow, and have not lately been stressing on the length but I do have fits of frustration from time to time where I feel like my hair will never even get to bsl.

When I was 6 I got my hair cut into a bob..my mom and I were talking about it recently and she did bring up the fact that even as a little girl, my hair was very thin on the ends and only ever really got to what bsl might be on my small back at the time. I wish I had found lhc when I was 14, and not 17 because at 14, I had all one length natural hair. I then dyed it black and cut it very short and very layered...its been pretty much hopeless ever since.

chen bao jun
May 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
No one has permission to post attachments :) You get pictures into your posts by uploading them to a hosting site, and copying the URL into a post using [IMG ] [/IMG ] tags, without the spaces, or clicking the "Insert Image" button in the font bar at the top of the reply box.
Thank you. I will try the 'insert image' button. I would have been waiting forever! I thought I had to have a certain number of posts.

chen bao jun
May 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM
double post.

whylime13
May 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I had a trim today to even out my hairline and lost about an inch and a half. I'll probably wait awhile to do an updated measurement but I measured my hair over the weekend at 26 inches and the tips were just brushing the top of my bra strap. It's a little frustrating since I last measured my hair in February and it's only grown an inch since then and now that's gone. At least I'll have nice full ends when I do get to BSL. Hoping for a summer growth spurt.

ozzy
May 20th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I thought I'll be at bsl last August, then December, then April, now I'm thinking somewhere between August/September, haha to be fair I will be happy if I hit bsl by the end of this year. Happy growing, we all will get there eventually!! :) :)

arelrios
May 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
I think I made it... this is a picture from Sunday with air dried hair (on wash day)

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/arelrios/145f7150-e9c1-4f71-91db-5c2eec04e5c3_zps4c8d90c2.jpg

Please let me know what you guys think. Not sure if I want to keep trimming (since my ends had gotten so much better - cannot stop the conditioner) Let's see..

So far, so good... :D

SerinaDaith
May 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
Im feeling sort of upset...In all almost 4 years of being on LHC I have only loomed between BSL and APL...Never getting CLOSE to bsl at all....at best I have been maybe 2 1/2 inches away. I am in that big abyss again and I just hope that for ONCE I can get to BSL. Really, I take responsibility as it is my own damned fault but I wish I had more self control when it came to my hair.

I am really enjoying my hair anyhow, and have not lately been stressing on the length but I do have fits of frustration from time to time where I feel like my hair will never even get to bsl.

When I was 6 I got my hair cut into a bob..my mom and I were talking about it recently and she did bring up the fact that even as a little girl, my hair was very thin on the ends and only ever really got to what bsl might be on my small back at the time. I wish I had found lhc when I was 14, and not 17 because at 14, I had all one length natural hair. I then dyed it black and cut it very short and very layered...its been pretty much hopeless ever since.

We all have our hairytail regrets. Eventually you will either learn to love your ever changing hair desires or you will start letting it grow as it will. I know it is hard, I have had to stop myself several times this year from reaching for a box of dye or the scissors. I cut in some bangs and started growing them as soon as I did it because duh I am a lazy curly, no way are these going to ever actually look good. We'll get there one of these days even if there just means learning to accept our natural hair length or lack of length. I know I live in fear that BSL may be the end of the line for me. Only time will tell.

juliaxena
May 23rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
I am finally here and will finally be able to grow. No more nasty splits caused by bleach, yay!

Rosalaun
May 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
So... Close... xD
I normally photograph just before washday because my texture tends to be waves one wash, nearly ringlets the next, but it's quite funny how it can look an inch longer between 2 months on pre-washday photos, but take another post-washday and it's lost half the inch xD

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/Sarobando/Hair/compsmal-2.png

SerinaDaith
May 23rd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Love the color of your hair!

phabieau
May 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Exactly how I have been feeling the last year of my life!

Rosalaun
May 24th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Thank you SerinaDaith :D Being bright colours is the one little 'bad' things I can't help but let myself do to my hair lol! I will end up growing out to virgin eventually, but for now colours are so much more fun.

And haha Phabieau - no fun at all! Hopefully it'll decide to cooperate with you soon <3

Lucky_Lucy
May 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Rosalaun-Your hair is lovely, the colour amazing aaand you're almost there! :)

Coolcombination
May 26th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I'm thinking about dip dying my ends blue, just the last 1.5". I dunno though

march_sun
May 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Hello! I'm new here. I took a new length pic a couple of days and and realized that I'm finally at APL :)

whylime13
May 31st, 2013, 05:48 PM
Welcome March_Sun, and happy growing!

Wildcat Diva
June 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Update shot. Trying to keep taking regular length shots.
http://imageshack.us/a/img593/5616/photojun03113348.jpg

SerinaDaith
June 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
You are just flying along Wildcat.

Wildcat Diva
June 3rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Oh, thanks! I didn't even notice any difference, I was just adding an update. I'm going to take more regular shots this year.

NoRush
June 9th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I just realized it's been ages since I posted here XD anyway, welcome to the new arrivals!

I'm finally abot 1 to 1-1/2" from bsl :) although I still cant do a proper braided bun, I never thought that hicker hair could have downsides... However I'm really happy with my progress, especially in the past two or so months. :D

Happy growing people!

TheLuckyLurker
June 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Okay, I'm back :). I checked my hair last night and found it solid APL, so this'll be my new home.

NoRush
June 14th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Welcome TheLuckyLurker ;)

TheLuckyLurker
June 14th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Thank you; it's good to be back!

Wildcat Diva
June 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Anybody else got any update shots? I know I just did one..
https://imageshack.com/a/img542/3011/i4jd.jpg

NoRush
June 15th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I have one from last week :)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/asukachan87/hairy2013_zpsaa7081e5.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/asukachan87/media/hairy2013_zpsaa7081e5.png.html)

Wildcat Diva
June 15th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Nice thick hemline! Plus you are getting close.

arelrios
June 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I posted this in the thread back in May... I haven't taken pictures recently...

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/arelrios/145f7150-e9c1-4f71-91db-5c2eec04e5c3_zps4c8d90c2.jpg

At the moment, I am experimenting with CO and curly girl method, since it seems I am not a pin-straight hair after all... lol...

thirstylocks
June 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I'm officially past APL and can finally join this thread!!!!! :D :cool:

TheLuckyLurker
June 17th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Well, nothing to report; I guess no news is good news? I'm still here, at least.

see_turtle
June 18th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I'm finally past APL and joining! I hope I can be at BSL by February and my ultimate goal is classic!
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/see_the_turtle/Hair%20progress/2013-06-18220709_zps697fe66b.jpg

Wildcat Diva
June 18th, 2013, 11:03 PM
See turtle, you look WAY past APL to me!

DancingQueen
June 19th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Agree with Wildcat Diva, you are definitely past APL! :)

Silverbrumby
June 19th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I'm officially past APL and can finally join this thread!!!!! :D :cool:

Yay! I'm offically past BSL now myself even if most of my hair is above. I'll take it! hehe. Also on the good news front I'm happy to say after 2 YEARS of being on the boards I'm finally getting healthy hair after struggling with heavy shedding and multiple health life issues.

Time to celebrate the victories.

Silverbrumby
June 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I'm finally past APL and joining! I hope I can be at BSL by February and my ultimate goal is classic!
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/see_the_turtle/Hair%20progress/2013-06-18220709_zps697fe66b.jpg

What a lovely head of hair. I see TBL in your future lol

A. Correira
June 19th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm a little disappointed... I thought I would be solid BSL by this point. I finally got new bras that fit right and I am still a bit off! I know that I also have a long torso, but I thought I would be there by now! Oh well, it will get there... Just... ugh! haha

Silverbrumby
June 19th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I'm a little disappointed... I thought I would be solid BSL by this point. I finally got new bras that fit right and I am still a bit off! I know that I also have a long torso, but I thought I would be there by now! Oh well, it will get there... Just... ugh! haha

You look about 3 inches off your target but it's hard to tell without seeing the bra strap. How long have you been growing your hair? How fast does it grow each month? Are you getting regular trims?

Lissandria
June 20th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Great progress everyone! Im back at 25.5" after a few microtrims. Feels like Ive been in this abyss forever! Well over a year. At least my ends are nice and sharp and a lot thicker :)

A. Correira
June 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
You look about 3 inches off your target but it's hard to tell without seeing the bra strap. How long have you been growing your hair? How fast does it grow each month? Are you getting regular trims?

My sig pic was from November 2012. I was at APL at that time. I really need to take a new one! Haha. I was trying to wait until I hit BSL. I am maybe an inch off of being full BSL. My hair touches my bra strap but I want it to cover it. I think that within the next month or so, I will be there, it just brings me down. I feel like I have been waiting forever!

I started growing my hair from chin length in October of 2011. I got a trim about a month ago and I'm sure that makes me feel like I have been set back a bit as well. I think it grows about average, some months more than others if my diet is higher in protein.

Silverbrumby
June 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
So two months tops to a solid bsl. That's exciting and then you'll be heading towards MBL as I can see you have the thickness to get there, probably a lot further as well. It looks like lovely hair and getting to BSL from chin in in Oct '11 that's really good. Let me think.

Oct 13 will make it 24 months and at 1/2 an inch a month that's 12 inches minus the hair trims. I think your hair might be growing faster than the 1/2 an inch a month ;-}

A. Correira
June 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
So two months tops to a solid bsl. That's exciting and then you'll be heading towards MBL as I can see you have the thickness to get there, probably a lot further as well. It looks like lovely hair and getting to BSL from chin in in Oct '11 that's really good. Let me think.

Oct 13 will make it 24 months and at 1/2 an inch a month that's 12 inches minus the hair trims. I think your hair might be growing faster than the 1/2 an inch a month ;-}

Thank you! Well, I guess I can wait another two months...Haha. I just can't wait to finally hit another milestone... plus, I am starting to feel like my hair is long again!

redtuss
June 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Just measured and I am at solid BSL now so I will move on the next thread ;) With a trim I grew 1,4 inches or 3 cms this month so I hope it will continue growing like that or better during the rest of the summer!
http://s23.postimg.org/dgawv5rbf/DSC_0028.jpg
Picture from this morning!

Good luck to all of you who are close, see you in BSL-Waist soon!

Mugili
June 24th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Congrats redtuss! Looks wonderfull!

redtuss
June 24th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Congrats redtuss! Looks wonderfull!

Thank you! Took a look at your profile, if it's accurate at the moment you are very close! :) And also have a wonderful shine and wave pattern by the way ;)

Mugili
June 25th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Thank you so much!
I was very ill and had to cut back a lot due to hairloss.
I had to grow back from chin and now I finally reached APL.
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q767/Wassertiefe/IMG_5368_zps696804dd.jpg (http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Wassertiefe/media/IMG_5368_zps696804dd.jpg.html)
But I hope BSL will be my next stop without any trims in the meantime.

arelrios
June 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you so much!

Wow Mugili... beautiful color and beautiful hair... happy growing...

Mugili
June 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks a lot! I trimmed at sommersolstice this year and hope I will reach BSL at summersolstice next year.
Or a little beyond BSL so I could do another trimm without loosing it again.

Vivalagina
June 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Thank you so much!
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q767/Wassertiefe/IMG_5368_zps696804dd.jpg (http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/Wassertiefe/media/IMG_5368_zps696804dd.jpg.html)

Just have to tell you, I LOVE your curl pattern. :love: I wish mine was more like that, instead of just random bending.

juliaxena
June 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I am bracing myself for a long year. My APL hair feels so short it is ridiculous. I don't think it has grown much from my last chop either. Subscribing to the thread...

redtuss
June 25th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Wow Mugili! I just love your hair! It's so shiny and curly, gorgeous! I hope you are feeling healthy now, BSL will come quickly!

redtuss
June 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I am bracing myself for a long year. My APL hair feels so short it is ridiculous. I don't think it has grown much from my last chop either. Subscribing to the thread...

Wishing you some speed-growth! :D

Bunnysaur
June 25th, 2013, 11:29 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/adgks3.jpg

got another length shot! I'm a little over a week early, but I just couldn't wait :) probably not very useful as I'm not wearing a bra, but the right side of the towel is at my waist :p I think my ends are just scraping BSL!!!
I've started taking a daily multivitamin regimen, so I'll see if that's been doing me any good at my next length check-in.

juliaxena
June 26th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Wishing you some speed-growth! :D

Thank you! :)

pixiestar
June 26th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Thank you so much!

Wow beautiful hair, love your curls and colour:D

Hello everyone, I'm back here after getting back to apl from cutting from bsl last august to a bob:cheer:

arelrios
June 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Wow beautiful hair, love your curls and colour:D

Hello everyone, I'm back here after getting back to apl from cutting from bsl last august to a bob:cheer:

Wow!!! I love your sig picture!!!! Your hair looks really soft and shiny :crush:... Do you mind sharing your routine?

pixiestar
June 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Wow!!! I love your sig picture!!!! Your hair looks really soft and shiny :crush:... Do you mind sharing your routine?

Thank you arelrios :D I had just used rainbow henna, so I had washed with yes to cucumbers ( a low poo) before henna and then used Tresemme naturals moisture conditioner after. It's always straighter after I've henna'd.

arelrios
June 26th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Thank you arelrios :D I had just used rainbow henna, so I had washed with yes to cucumbers ( a low poo) before henna and then used Tresemme naturals moisture conditioner after. It's always straighter after I've henna'd.

Beautiful, beautiful! ... I am using yes to cucumbers conditioner since I am trying the CO method... I must say that, even when I don't love the smell... lol..., I do love how my hair feels after (I use it as final conditioner and a little tiny bit as leave-in)...

I didn't know you could get this color with henna... I always thought you could either get jet black (when using indigo) or fire red... well... I am clueless with most of the routines shared here ... lol...

pixiestar
June 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I used to use baq yemeni henna, which is on the bottom part of my hair, but I now use the rainbow research henna in light brown. Its a combination of henna, cassia and indigo. I have used honey to lighten and also vit c tabs to lighten the baq henna. I love the yes to cucumbers conditioner as well, I have all three the tomatoes and the carrots as well :)

miss_asimov
June 30th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I feel like I have been stuck in limbo between APL and BSL forever :( I initially thought I'd be at BSL by my birthday in March, but was still miles off. If I look my progress from June last year to November last year, it was much more than from November last year to now :( I don't know why it's slowed down so much! I'm not shedding much and it's still growing strong (I have to re-dye every six weeks to avoid roots). Help!

I'll post another length picture tonight to show my sad stalling. I remember the last time my hair was this long ( five years ago) it didn't seem to want to grow any further either. But surely not-even-BSL is not my terminal length?? Back then I heat-styled and whatnot, so it was understandable then. Now I take care of my hair and it's just not cooperating :mad:

XcaliburGirl
June 30th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Hi all, I haven't been posting on LHC for a while, but I'm at APL now. I can finally do reliable buns every day and use my hairsticks again, so I'm thrilled.

I feel like I have been stuck in limbo between APL and BSL forever :( I initially thought I'd be at BSL by my birthday in March, but was still miles off. If I look my progress from June last year to November last year, it was much more than from November last year to now :( I don't know why it's slowed down so much! I'm not shedding much and it's still growing strong (I have to re-dye every six weeks to avoid roots). Help!

I'll post another length picture tonight to show my sad stalling. I remember the last time my hair was this long ( five years ago) it didn't seem to want to grow any further either. But surely not-even-BSL is not my terminal length?? Back then I heat-styled and whatnot, so it was understandable then. Now I take care of my hair and it's just not cooperating :mad:
I felt like I was stuck at "nearly APL" for a long time, and it really is annoying to feel like you aren't making progress. Sorry you you are experiencing that. However, I wouldn't worry about it being at terminal just yet. :flower: Have you had any trims lately? Maybe you need more trims or fewer trims depending on whether you have damage. Also, I've heard of people who have hair that grows much better in the summer than the winter, so maybe a growth spurt is right around the corner. Have you tried putting it up and forgetting about it (easier said than done, I know)?

NoRush
June 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, I went through the same thing, first I went from ear to well past shoulder (about 8" growth) in 10 months and then it took me 6 more months for the next paltry 3" to APL, then an almost complete stall for 2 months and then from febuary to june *boom* apl to almost bsl (so about 3" in 4 months). Give it a bit of time, try to ignore your hair as much as possible :) Also, while my growth was stalled I shed almost nothing, 5 to 10 hairs a day, if that, (I have no idea if the two are related or if it was just a fluke, though). God luck!

miss_asimov
June 30th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys :) here some illustration of my frustration:

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/sweetestpoison_photo/woeisme_zps7d64e734.png
now by wet I mean *soaking*. Just out the shower. Still dripping. So at its longest. that's what, two inches? in six months? I didn't trim much, except S&D split end hunts. Didn't change shampoo or water type. No heat styling.

SerinaDaith
July 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM
My hair booms and busts. I thought I would be solid APL by now in back but I am still two or three inches past APL in front and about two inches shy in back. It is frustrating. Only time and patients will give the growth we all want. I worry and fret that I will never pass BSL or MBL since I have never grown past that in my life but stressing about it will not make anything change for me so I need to learn to let go and enjoy the ride as best I can. Otherwise I will worry myself sick about things I cannot control.

lilliemer
July 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM
@ SerinaDaith and Miss Asimov: I am frustrated too - and I worry that my hair won't ever get long. I have been between APL and BSL for over a year! I am trying to grow out layers and cut out damage while growing, but still! I am also a curly which slows things down a lot! When my hair is wet, I am at BSL but on our typical humid summer days I look barely shoulder length. :( Trying to resist the temptation to pull out the blowfryer. Good luck growing, hopefully we will all get there soon. xo

prettyhairisred
July 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
I don't know what length to call my hair! It's an inch past bsl in the back, yet comes two inches short in the front of crossing the band. Maybe cause of face framing layers I had cut in? Still, which measurement counts for qualifying, front or back? I do see most length pictures expressed by showing the back. Although that might just be people not wanting to show their faces?

biogirl87
July 1st, 2013, 06:27 PM
prettyhairisred, it depends on whether you want to claim BSL from the front or from the back. When I started my hair journey I just used the measurement from the back as I can see the progress better that way. If your hair is past BSL in the back, I would say that you're past BSL and heading toward waist. In that case congratulations.

SerinaDaith
July 2nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
I think most of us call back lines for body marks I had an A line bob so the hair in front is longer so I hit body marks in front faster but still really wait to call that mark till the back hits. I am curly too so I get shrinkage even in our dry climate.

clioariane
July 4th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'll join! I'm past armpit length but it'll take a while until it's at bra strap.

biogirl87
July 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the thread clioariane. Depending on which of my layers I use to call the milestone, I could be in this thread for a while. While my hemline is approaching BSL (maybe only a few more inches to go), the one of my bottom layers is hovering around APL.

TheLuckyLurker
July 4th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Well, it's still growing.

pixiestar
July 5th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I'll join! I'm past armpit length but it'll take a while until it's at bra strap.

Welcome clioariane :D

clioariane
July 5th, 2013, 12:45 PM
thanks ladies!

cooklaezo13
July 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I think I have two more inches to go until the top of my bra band, and three more inches until the bottom of it. I'll post a pic soon.

biogirl87
July 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Cooklaezo, that is awesome if you only have 2-3 inches to go until you hit BSL. I probably have the same length to go till BSL but my hair has layers in it and this is counting from my longest layer.

Lockoptimisten
July 6th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hallo! I just hit APL and long for BSL. I have layers and Some splits that I fight vid S&D. I'd love to join this thred if I may?

Lockoptimisten
July 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
http://lockig.se/download/file.php?id=1788&mode=view

Bunnysaur
July 6th, 2013, 10:22 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2mhwfmf.jpg

a couple days ago, i trimmed out a bunch of my damaged and fluorescent orange ends. Apparently henna looks much different on bleached hair than dark brown hair - who knew? :rolleyes:
here's my pic for this month. I think I'm just about there! I'm going to wait to call BSL for another month or so, though, I still feel like my hair is too short!

ravenheather
July 7th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I am frustrated as well. No measurable growth in June at all. I am going to try not to measure until September. I have about 2 inches to go to bsl.

NoRush
July 8th, 2013, 07:22 AM
:justy::rant: I just over oiled my freshly washed hair :hatchet:

On the plus side, welcome to all new arrivals! :D

clioariane
July 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
most recent pic :)

http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/50f09998e72011e2bdd322000a1fa8d7_7.jpg

Mugili
July 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
:justy::rant: I just over oiled my freshly washed hair :hatchet:

I feel your pain! It happens to me way to often :rolleyes:

palaeoqueen
July 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm joining!

These are the same pictures I just posted on the SL to APL thread. First, official APL picture, second first journey to BSL picture, third is from July last year. It's not as uneven as it looks in the second picture, the layers just don't like to behave.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/SofaNymph/_DSC3715.jpg (http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/SofaNymph/media/_DSC3715.jpg.html)

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/SofaNymph/_DSC3721.jpg (http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/SofaNymph/media/_DSC3721.jpg.html)

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh584/SofaNymph/July2012_.jpg (http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/SofaNymph/media/July2012_.jpg.html)

I have 5.5" to go to get to BSL but I have between 4 and 6" of bleach/heat damage to trim away so we'll see how I get on. First job is to slowly trim away some of those layers though!

whylime13
July 8th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm at "can I call this BSL?" length. When I checked last night the tips were right in the middle of the strap... and then I noticed that I was tilting my head back a little bit. I'm going to wait a few weeks more and call it when I'm at BSL with no cheats.

Maybe
July 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
My hair is "can I call this BSL" stretched but I am a wavie. It's actually driving me a little nuts since the longer it gets, the wavier it is so it never looks any longer!!

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h399/geri719/20130708_085526-1-1.jpg

Maybe
July 8th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Sorry, I have no idea why that is so big or how to resize!

Wildcat Diva
July 8th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Who cares if it's big, it looks great girl! Those are some lovely waves.!

amanda_the_tall
July 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
i'm *almost* at bsl. since my hair has a tiny bit of wave to it, if i stretch it it's past bsl already, but if it's humid or anything, it barely touches bsl. *sigh* grow hair grow!

looniac
July 9th, 2013, 09:58 AM
My hair is "can I call this BSL" stretched but I am a wavie. It's actually driving me a little nuts since the longer it gets, the wavier it is so it never looks any longer!!

I'm a curly girl too and it is so frustrating to look at the curls and not feel like they've grown! Trust me, they're growing :) Stretching it out in the shower helps me to affirm this fact. Hang in there! I feel like it is definitely harder for those who have texture since we reach the milestones twice... once when stretched and then the second time natural. :)

arelrios
July 9th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Today is one of those days when I don't see my hair looking any good.

I've been CO for a few weeks now and I love it! It finally stopped the white residue I had when I was using regular shampoos... But not sure how to feel about my ends and my whole routine in general... :( :sigh:

Anyway, my ends are different color of my roots (I am assuming due to the color leftovers I put years ago) and they always look dry (at least I see them dry) and frizzy ... I haven't tried all the stylers recommended for people doing CO.

Right now I'm using HE mousse and the hair on my nape is getting a very good curl form ... but still, the ends bother me ...

Maybe I just need a trim? maybe I am overreacting? maybe I should leave my hair alone? who knows lol...

Great grow everyone... hopefully we will reach BSL soon .... :applause:happydance:

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
After months of ogling photos of hair, I've learned something. Most people who don't dye or henna have different color (lighter) hair than their roots. It bugs me too, as I focus in on it on me. On other people, I had to work to notice it. So don't let the color part bug you too much. Maybe moisuture and oils for the ends. Have you tried mineral oil (3 drops) when hair is sopping wet?

arelrios
July 9th, 2013, 01:22 PM
No, I haven't tried mineral oil... should I go for an specific one, maybe? As I said, maybe is just that today I am noticing more...

I am also struggling with my styling routine since it seems I am more a wavy than I actually thought... maybe I should stop trying to encourage the curls for a while and let my hair do its thing ...

I don't see split ends and maybe my hair is too coarse and that makes the ends look damaged/dry... I've been wearing a lot of braids and buns lately to kind of disguise a bit my ends...

PS: Thanks so much for your comment Diva :)

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Oh you are welcome dear. The regular baby oil unscented if you can is what you want. I hope it helps. There is a thread about it here somewhere too.

Maybe
July 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I agree with WildcatDiva. If you look at my pic one page back you will see my older hair is significantly lighter than my roots. I assume its lighter due to heat damage.
I am now 11 months heat-free.

majesticmoon
July 9th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Currently my hair is in between apl and bsl. Cant wait till it gets there though.

arelrios
July 9th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I agree with WildcatDiva. If you look at my pic one page back you will see my older hair is significantly lighter than my roots. I assume its lighter due to heat damage.
I am now 11 months heat-free.

Thanks so much. Maybe is that we notice too much? We are our worst critics, right? I shared a pic in May here, but I will take another to show you guys what I am talking about :D

Oh you are welcome dear. The regular baby oil unscented if you can is what you want. I hope it helps. There is a thread about it here somewhere too.
Thanks so much. I will get some of that (can't believe I had and threw it away one day - before the LHC) ... I know Madora is a big fan of mineral oil... will have to give it a try :D ...

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I don't think the lighter hair is so much heat damage as much as sun exposure. That's my theory. Yes, I will take a look and try to find that mineral oil thread.

ETA: there's a few threads. Here is one:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100883&highlight=mineral+oil

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
See, here's a pic where I feel that you can see the ends being lighter due to what I can only assume must be sunbleaching from living a normal life venturing outside past my doorstep. I will try to wear a hat more often, and bandanas to cover my head, but I'm not sure I'll have success at retaining the color at my roots much past my ears.
http://imageshack.us/a/img209/4916/psyu.jpg

biogirl87
July 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Wildcat Diva, I've got that going on too. Although when I put my hair in a cinnamon bun, I can usually hide the ends and the lighter part of my hair. Any other updo and the lihgter ends would be showing though. I could take a pic, but not sure you ladies would be able to see it as my hair tends to want to photograph darker than it really is.

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Yes, I'm not sure I haven't seen too many natural hair colored people either here or IRL where it ISN'T somewhat of an issue. I'm working on trying not to to worry about it so much.

palaeoqueen
July 10th, 2013, 03:21 AM
And conversely I WANT my hair to lighten in the sun so I look forward to having ends that are lighter than my roots :lol:

NoRush
July 10th, 2013, 03:38 AM
And conversely I WANT my hair to lighten in the sun so I look forward to having ends that are lighter than my roots :lol:

Ditto! :P

I also love that my "crown" layer and the ends of my hair are lighter, it gives some dimention :)

looniac
July 10th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Ditto! :P

I also love that my "crown" layer and the ends of my hair are lighter, it gives some dimention :)

Me TOO!!

I think that having darker hair at the roots and lighter hair at the bottom looks really good. People actually pay a TON of money to get this look with dye, the "ombre" look.

For people who don't want the natural lightening of hair, I guess the only solution would be to cover your hair whenever you are in the sun. Otherwise, it will naturally lighten.

arelrios
July 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
See, here's a pic where I feel that you can see the ends being lighter due to what I can only assume must be sunbleaching from living a normal life venturing outside past my doorstep. I will try to wear a hat more often, and bandanas to cover my head, but I'm not sure I'll have success at retaining the color at my roots much past my ears.
http://imageshack.us/a/img209/4916/psyu.jpg

Yes... this is totally my case ... and just as biogirl87 mentioned, i can hide the ends with certain updo's... with others (specially with hair down) the redish tone will show (or at least I notice more :))

Maybe
July 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
My hair looks just liek that when its up WildcatDiva, colour-wise.

Except I never wear it up, even with my masses of hair toys, because I feel like my bun is too puny. It looks good from the back but I hate it from the side. It's weird becasue my pony is 4", but each strand is very fine and it compresses so easily into a bun. Gotta keep growing out the layers I guess. I think the shortest are bottom of earlobe length now. Not sure how that is possible since I haven't had a haircut other than trimming my own bangs and ends in 15 months, how short were those layers????.

arelrios
July 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I wanted to show you how my hair looks now... these pics are from last night (wash day - wearing hair down most of the day)... oiled ends that might disguise the different color tones
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/arelrios/69b3b1da-f0c4-4070-b2f1-4875f552748b_zpse113379d.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/arelrios/e50fe8e8-4380-43b4-96c6-de0fcd73aeb2_zps9e3f5d34.jpg

This is a while back... you can see the redish ends - compared to the roots...
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/arelrios/70e5d9ce-5012-4d78-af46-c9b5cccb0a0a_zps742e7307.jpg

Here is my hair-typing picture -> no touching, no product, air dried, clarified .... and when I was told I might not be a straight hair person, and more a wavy/curly (you can see the red tone)
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/arelrios/photo3.jpg (http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/arelrios/media/photo3.jpg.html)

biogirl87
July 10th, 2013, 02:24 PM
arelrios, your hair is beautiful. I can definitely see you as a wavy/curly. In the hair typing picture, you hair looks really nice and with barely any frizz, which makes me think that the 1c hair type you have in your profile is correct. Congratulations on being so close to BSL.

Wildcat Diva
July 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Beautiful, and it looks like you have made the milestone!

arelrios
July 11th, 2013, 07:27 AM
arelrios, your hair is beautiful. I can definitely see you as a wavy/curly. In the hair typing picture, you hair looks really nice and with barely any frizz, which makes me think that the 1c hair type you have in your profile is correct. Congratulations on being so close to BSL.

Thanks for the compliment! I been thinking all my life my hair is straight (there was a time where i would "help" it with some flat ironing :rolleyes: )... But this bump on the back of my head was very difficult to smooth out... I would love to have my mom's hair... she has super smooth, curly, beautiful hair (even though she doesn't know of the existence of SLS, cones, etc.) I can't wait to teach her :p

Beautiful, and it looks like you have made the milestone!

Thanks for the compliment... You think? I was trimming monthly (to get rid of the dry ends/redish tone) but then, it wasn't really getting longer ... so I stopped and I have only had 1 trim in like 4 months... :)

Maybe I am expecting more from my hair in a very small time... I would love to see some really defined waves/spirals.... sigh... one can always dream lol... maybe one day...

Once more, thanks so much for your comments and help :bow::love:

coconutinsight
July 11th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm joining, I think I only need an inch and a half or two to make it to BSL :) Hope to be there in September!

clioariane
July 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Took this yesterday! Can't wait for what used to be bangs to grow past my shoulders so my hair will look thicker overall :) It's now pretty much all virgin (except a tiny bit of bleach left in the very ends). Also; this is after 1 month of Viviscal! So far so good.

PS. arelrios I love it!!

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/clioariane/TLHC/photo.jpg

A. Correira
July 12th, 2013, 08:35 PM
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/photo30_zpsd9999fd8.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Ariel_Correira/media/photo30_zpsd9999fd8.jpg.html)

I think I can officially call BSL!!! The ends look a bit thin because I had some product in it that wasn't absorbed yet. I was too excited to be able to tell you all!! So I guess I have graduated from this thread!!

TheLuckyLurker
July 12th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I think it's back to the length it was before I chopped off 4 inches last Nov.

pixiestar
July 12th, 2013, 11:59 PM
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/photo30_zpsd9999fd8.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Ariel_Correira/media/photo30_zpsd9999fd8.jpg.html)

I think I can officially call BSL!!! The ends look a bit thin because I had some product in it that wasn't absorbed yet. I was too excited to be able to tell you all!! So I guess I have graduated from this thread!!

Congratulations :)

clioariane
July 13th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Congrats lady!!

palaeoqueen
July 13th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Looks great A. Correira!

A. Correira
July 13th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Thanks All!! I am really happy! Although my hair isn't the length I want it to be, I want to take my time getting to my next milestone and enjoy what I have now.

kittenface
July 13th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hey! I've been lurking around this thread for AGES, so now that I'm a member I guess I should say hi! I'm about two inches away from bsl so I should hang around this thread for at least a few months :3

SerinaDaith
July 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I oiled my hair today and I am just at APL! A month later than I had hoped for but at least I am here front and back now!

Wildcat Diva
July 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hello Serina! Come on in. I'm just about to put on a pot of coffee, would you like some?

palaeoqueen
July 14th, 2013, 04:39 AM
I oiled my hair today and I am just at APL! A month later than I had hoped for but at least I am here front and back now!

Congratuations! So pleased for you :)

SerinaDaith
July 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mmm coffee! Too bad I only get one cup a day right now. I am so happy to at least be here stretched now.

coconutinsight
July 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/9289355298_6300ac0045_n.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/98703463@N03/9289355298/)
I think my biggest layers are almost there, my hair looks weird because it was still air drying.

miss_asimov
July 15th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mini-milestone yesterday: I actually have to braid at the front now; my arms aren't long enough for braiding all the way down behind my head! ^^

arelrios
July 15th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Took this yesterday! Can't wait for what used to be bangs to grow past my shoulders so my hair will look thicker overall :) It's now pretty much all virgin (except a tiny bit of bleach left in the very ends). Also; this is after 1 month of Viviscal! So far so good.

PS. arelrios I love it!!

Bangs are the ones that take the longest... but being patience pays off... I had bangs that now are almost APL....

Thanks for your compliment.

Congratulations!!! Beautiful hair

Hey! I've been lurking around this thread for AGES, so now that I'm a member I guess I should say hi! I'm about two inches away from bsl so I should hang around this thread for at least a few months :3

Welcome!!! Post pics to see your progress...

Congrats... !

SerinaDaith
July 17th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Okay so my measurment today puts me at 21 inches. I had 2 inches of growth over the last two months. That means I only have 4 inches to go to BSL. Too bad that I only get 1 inch a month in the summer unless it's the baby hormones giving me some extra growth potential. I am so glad to be past that last stall though! Happy growing everybody!

Yes I am short. This is the one time that being short is a happy thing.

earthybee
July 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
This is my first post here... I'm currently trying to grow out layers. I was at BSL then layered my hair :( and now I'm trying to grow it back again. So here's my starting point.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3736/9314626820_17711bb8f4.jpg

biogirl87
July 18th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Welcome earthybee. Your hair and your layers look beautiful. I think you'll grow out those layers before you know it. You should see how many layers I have in my hair.

This is a pic of my hair I took yesterday.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5352&d=1374119404

arelrios
July 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
This is my first post here... I'm currently trying to grow out layers. I was at BSL then layered my hair :( and now I'm trying to grow it back again. So here's my starting point.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3736/9314626820_17711bb8f4.jpg
Beautiful hair and color!

Welcome earthybee. Your hair and your layers look beautiful. I think you'll grow out those layers before you know it. You should see how many layers I have in my hair.

This is a pic of my hair I took yesterday.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5352&d=1374119404
I looooove your curls :thud:

I clarified my hair on Tuesday and wow... is really soft and shiny!!! :D... when the sun finally comes out (it's raining a lot!) I will post a picture :)

battles
July 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I just cut back to APL from MBL and learned that APL was where I could barely do a bun. So I do need to grow a little and then maintain. :p At least my ends are.. very fresh and I have less henna now.

I'll post a pic next time I take one. :)

biogirl87
July 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Beautiful hair and color!

I looooove your curls :thud:

I clarified my hair on Tuesday and wow... is really soft and shiny!!! :D... when the sun finally comes out (it's raining a lot!) I will post a picture :)arelrios, thank you. The shine in my hair that you might be seeing is probably also due to the flash. I get better pics of my hair when I take them in the evening (due to the location of the window in my studio apartment, pics taken in the daytime don't show waves or curls very well) but even then I find it hard to see the layers if I don't turn on the flash. With this pic I primarily wanted to see where on my body all of my layers fall.

mykle
July 19th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Working my way there. Most of my hair is about APl though I still have layers which are shorter. Nothing to do but keep going.

SerinaDaith
July 19th, 2013, 07:48 PM
How thick is your hair?!? I still can't do some of the super cool buns but I can sort of get buns going and even stick buns finally!

Wildcat Diva
July 19th, 2013, 08:16 PM
It's starting to look like the top of the bra strap isn't too far away. I'm stoked if I make it to the bottom of the strap by Christmas, so this is doable for sure. Dry and wavy, none of this wet and stretching business, no offense to anyone who likes to celebrate their milestones that way (*cough* good buddy Ravenheather!).

However, note to self, must buy bras with skinnier straps.

SerinaDaith
July 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM
My shrinkage is dependant upon so many factors so stretched is my only real nonchanging factor. If I went by curly I would still be closer to shoulder by far most days.

Wildcat Diva
July 19th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah, no offense to anyone who likes theirs that way; mine is not so wavy that it's an issue. I just prefer to meet my milestones dry and waved up, since that's how I would wear my hair if it was down.

ravenheather
July 20th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Yeah, no offense to anyone who likes theirs that way; mine is not so wavy that it's an issue. I just prefer to meet my milestones dry and waved up, since that's how I would wear my hair if it was down.

Yeah yeah we know you like to do things the hard way. I measure wet to get an accurate idea of progress. But I am measuring to bottom of a soft bra top so it's only a few inches from waist on me.

Wildcat Diva
July 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I'm just being difficult, what else did you expect from me?

I am also short waisted. There's this crease in my middle (fattie!) just about 3 inches under BSL to show where my waist is at 29". APL to BSL seems looooooonnnnnng, but I'm making good progress. I'll maybe do a length shot update in a couple of weeks so maybe the difference will be a little more prominent. Every little bit helps.

Wildcat Diva
July 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
And a double post. Kharma is paying me back for being difficult.

JadeTigress
July 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I noticed while I was running errands today that my hair is finally brushing my bra without me tilting my head back. So... I'm calling it! Onward to waist! Happy growing, ladies! :D

biogirl87
July 20th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Congratulations JadeTigress.

juliaxena
July 21st, 2013, 12:08 AM
It's starting to look like the top of the bra strap isn't too far away. I'm stoked if I make it to the bottom of the strap by Christmas, so this is doable for sure. Dry and wavy, none of this wet and stretching business, no offense to anyone who likes to celebrate their milestones that way (*cough* good buddy Ravenheather!).

However, note to self, must buy bras with skinnier straps.

I guess for me that is the only downside of curly hair. Other than that, curly hair can be thin but look think while straight hair often looks thin even when it is not. I guess if you want to see how much your hair actually grew, wet and straight is the best to check it out but calling it a lenght when it looks a milestone higher can seem confusing.

pixiestar
July 21st, 2013, 02:12 AM
I noticed while I was running errands today that my hair is finally brushing my bra without me tilting my head back. So... I'm calling it! Onward to waist! Happy growing, ladies! :D

Congratulations JadeTigress:D

akilina
July 21st, 2013, 02:21 AM
Does anyone else feel this way: I trimmed a half inch and it feels like three inches. -_-

I'm sure I'm being over dramatic but I'm so bummed. It most definitely needed the trim but I couldn't believe that so little felt like so much. Too strange...I've never had this feeling before. I am not one to freak out over hair cutting and trims. Just a few days prior I was finally realizing I am close to bsl again!!! Closer than ever before which feels great so, there is hope that just maybe I will be able to have long hair some day.
Btw, I have not once reached bsl :/

akilina
July 21st, 2013, 02:21 AM
Does anyone else feel this way: I trimmed a half inch and it feels like three inches. -_-

I'm sure I'm being over dramatic but I'm so bummed. It most definitely needed the trim but I couldn't believe that so little felt like so much. Too strange...I've never had this feeling before. I am not one to freak out over hair cutting and trims. Just a few days prior I was finally realizing I am close to bsl again!!! Closer than ever before which feels great so, there is hope that just maybe I will be able to have long hair some day.

juliaxena
July 21st, 2013, 03:55 AM
This happened to me once aikina, but I think at was at shoulder lenght. At longer lengths I don't think it is very noticable so it shouldn't theoretically feel that way. For me I find it bizzare my APL hair feels short as crazy even though I still don't want anything past waist even after all this time on LHC. I guess our desires make us feel crazy things lol.

arelrios
July 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Akilina, I completely understand... This is one of the reasons why I haven't trimmed in a couple of months... I am so close! I don't want to cut not even a millimeter.... also, I have been wearing my hair up a lot (mostly braids) since I don't know what to do with it at this lenght... lol

emilyann
July 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
I'm sooo close to BSL. I have been between APL and BSL for two years, I'm pretty sure of it. It's about 25" now. I have a long torso, I guess...

miss_asimov
July 22nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
It's so warm now, getting close to bsl is really taxing! This is what I did today: http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/sweetestpoison_photo/null_zps7d2c8f68.jpg

amanda_the_tall
July 22nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
^ That updo is BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

H.e.L
July 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
APL to BSL is simply TORTURE for me! My torso is pretty long--so even though my hair is ~25", its only JUST past APL.
:headache:

H.e.L
July 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Double post. Sorry, I'm a noob.

hellucy
July 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
It's so warm now, getting close to bsl is really taxing! This is what I did today::scissors:

Wow! I love your updo!

pixiestar
July 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
It's so warm now, getting close to bsl is really taxing! This is what I did today: http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/sweetestpoison_photo/null_zps7d2c8f68.jpg

Great updo, lovely colour :)

palaeoqueen
July 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM

That is simply beautiful. Can I ask how you did it?

Lissandria
July 24th, 2013, 05:53 PM

A shout out to you! You've been here as long as I have! I know exactly what you mean about an inch feeling like 3" and my hair has hardly grown all year- it has been growing half an inch in two months which is what I have trimmed off to keep my ends semi decent! I reached 25" December last year and no joke I'm still at 26 something. And no, not measuring wrong because I'm still not quite BSL (going off body markers) and no I've never solidly been there either.I hear you! We can do it!

Silverbrumby
July 24th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I'm back here because there is no way I can get past it without addressing the thin hemline.

I've cut 6 inches off the ends in two years. Hair is better, ends still thin. ;-p..

Flittingsis
July 24th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Hello! I just got a trim last week and thought it would put me back up from APL but it hasn't really, so I'll be here until the next milestone! Wildcat Diva I too measure dry and wavy. I have yet to do an official measure, though. I can't believe how much my hair gets caught in everything. It was just all of a sudden I had to start being very careful. I always thought I'd grow my hair out and donate it, start again fresh with a shaved head (just b/c), but now, at 31 years old, I'm thinking that I want to stay a long haired girl! I'll try and get my DBF to take a pic of my hair tomorrow night and post a new one. I've done some tea rinses and aloe vera gel leave ins and the shine is finally coming back.
Cheers! Keep growing!

coconutinsight
July 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Can I call BSL? Sorry if the photos are too big and also for the lack of quality I still don't have my camera. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5535&d=1374956405
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5534&d=1374956390

ravenheather
July 27th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Can I call BSL? Sorry if the photos are too big and also for the lack of quality I still don't have my camera. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5535&d=1374956405
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5534&d=1374956390

Woo hoo! Looks like bsl to me. Congratulations.

coconutinsight
July 27th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Thank you :D

coconutinsight
July 27th, 2013, 06:49 PM
So I managed to get (not that much) better quality photos and I believe I will call BSL I guess (or hope so) :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5536&d=1374972137
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5538&d=1374972472

pixiestar
July 28th, 2013, 02:35 AM
So I managed to get (not that much) better quality photos and I believe I will call BSL I guess (or hope so) :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5536&d=1374972137
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5538&d=1374972472

Hi coconutinsight, your hair is so pretty :) what products do you use for washing at the moment?

coconutinsight
July 28th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Thank you :flower: I have been using an organic Aragon oil shampoo from Dr.Organic and a Coconut conditioner from the same brand and I do the CWC method. Sometimes I use aloe vera rinses and coconut oil has become my best friend :)

Elecita
July 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hi guys! This is my first post here... I'd post a better picture but I live alone and I can't seem to photograph my back properly. My longest layer is just barely scraping the tip of BSL, but I don't want to 'officially' call it BSL until it passes the bottom of my bra strap. I don't want to grow out my layers though, I think layered looks best on me.
http://i42.tinypic.com/au9ncw.png

Wildcat Diva
July 28th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Hi, Elecita! Welcome to LHC. Lots of people have layered hair. It depends on what you want to do with your hair. Some people here wear their hair down a lot, and really like the layered look. Some people who wear braids or buns a lot seem to dislike the way that layers make styling those hairdos difficult.

I find it difficult to photograph my back too without someone helping me. Some members manage to do it by setting the camera up somehow. One thing you've got going for you, your location of the photograph in your post indicates pretty awesome lighting. My bathroom is always yellow tones, so I get my kids to photograph me outside.

Elecita
July 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Thank you :o ! If I had an actual camera and not just a cellphone it'd probably be easier, I guess. It's true, I probably wear my hair down more than I should (damage!). Bout even when I wear it up, I like to have short layers around my jaw, framing my face.

And lighting is something I try to pay attention to! That's why I took that photo in my bedroom, right next to a window, instead of in the bathroom... I don't know why but lighting in bathrooms is almost universally awful.

pixiestar
July 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Thank you :flower: I have been using an organic Aragon oil shampoo from Dr.Organic and a Coconut conditioner from the same brand and I do the CWC method. Sometimes I use aloe vera rinses and coconut oil has become my best friend :)

Thank you, I've been thinking of trying that brand, I will definitely be trying it next :)

pixiestar
July 28th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hi guys! This is my first post here... I'd post a better picture but I live alone and I can't seem to photograph my back properly. My longest layer is just barely scraping the tip of BSL, but I don't want to 'officially' call it BSL until it passes the bottom of my bra strap. I don't want to grow out my layers though, I think layered looks best on me.
http://i42.tinypic.com/au9ncw.png

Hello and welcome :)

Elecita
July 28th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Thank you pixiestar! Your hair is so beautiful and sleek, just lovely :D

Wildcat Diva
July 28th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Length shot update:
It's been a good hair day for me. I wish I had more of these kinds of days. It's some combination of factors with my luck I'll never be able to reproduce.
Super soft bouncy waves that I've enjoyed all day.
http://imageshack.com/a/img842/5459/o748.jpg

coconutinsight
July 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Thank you, I've been thinking of trying that brand, I will definitely be trying it next :)
You're welcome, let me know how it goes when you try it :)

coconutinsight
July 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Length shot update:
It's been a good hair day for me. I wish I had more of these kinds of days. It's some combination of factors with my luck I'll never be able to reproduce.
Lovely waves :)

cooklaezo13
July 28th, 2013, 11:14 PM
I think my hair grew an inch in three weeks, which is much faster than usual! I've only got an inch until the top of BSL.

pixiestar
July 29th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Thank you pixiestar! Your hair is so beautiful and sleek, just lovely :D

Thank you:blossom:

pixiestar
July 29th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Length shot update:

Beautiful curls :D

pixiestar
July 29th, 2013, 12:26 AM
You're welcome, let me know how it goes when you try it :)

Will do :D

clioariane
July 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I think I'll be able to hit BSL in 3 months :)

AnthonyB93
July 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
WHOO I GOT TO BSL!!! :D FINALLY at 26" only 5 more till WL! :3

Maybe
July 29th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Length shot update:

Drool.....

Freya9
July 29th, 2013, 09:02 PM
:agape: Wow.. Gorgeous waves Wildcat diva... serious hair envy right now!!

TheLuckyLurker
July 29th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Well I checked today. Multiple times, with two different bras (the two I wear most often), and I'm at "can I call this BSL?". My ends touch the top of one, and hang just past the other. I think I'll wait until my hair reaches the center of the strap before I call it. I'm a little miffed though; I thought I'd be able to do a nautilus bun at BSL, but so far I can't.

pixiestar
July 30th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Congratulations AnthonyB93 and TheLuckyLurker on reaching BSL :cheer:

Killahkurlz
July 30th, 2013, 08:26 AM

congratulations!!! I hope I'll be there by Christmas

pixiestar
July 30th, 2013, 08:59 AM
A.Correira beautiful colour and congratulations :D

Hootenanny
July 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I'm gonna join this thread. Don't have any pics to post at present, but I'm a bit past APL and on my way to BSL! (Actually, I'm at BSL if I stretch my curls, but I'm not going to count it until I'm there curly.) So many beautiful photos here; what great inspiration to keep growing! :)

arelrios
July 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Length shot update:

Loooove your curls!

march_sun
July 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Just took July photos. Still have a few months to go!

JUNE
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/9156046878_7c68f28e2d.jpg

JULY
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3733/9400464747_8c6678d717.jpg

NoRush
July 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM

JUNE

JULY

Niiiiiice! I love you hair color :D (shine is nothing to sneeze at either ;) )

battles
July 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5617&d=1375232125

Recent length pic, after cutting to APL from MBL 7/16.

biogirl87
July 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
battles, your hair looks nice and thick in this picture.

Maybe
July 30th, 2013, 07:35 PM

JUNE

JULY

Nice, looks like a lot of growth!

sarahthegemini
August 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM
My hair isn't quite APL yet, I'm an inch or two away and after that I'm heading for BSL. I cannot wait! I can't wait for my hair to be long enough to wear in a fishtail braiid. Ahhhhhh I can dream ......

clioariane
August 1st, 2013, 03:04 PM
your hair is so pretty, march_sun!

battles
August 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
battles, your hair looks nice and thick in this picture.

Thank you! :flower:

SerinaDaith
August 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM
So my hubby caught me with my hair down and still damp from the shower and just said "wow honey your hair has gotten long". At APL it is so easy for me to forget that in the really real world this is kind of long. It felt really good to have him notice though. I tried Dr Bronner's peppermint magic castle soap and my scalp is still all tingly. It is still drying so the jury is still out overall but my chem free cleaned bathroom now "smells" extra clean so wash day may well be on wash day so I can do double duty so to speak. I think I'll hit BSL at the quickest 4 months and at the longest in 12 then it's on to uncharted terf since I have always chopped there.

palaeoqueen
August 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
I only managed 0.25" of growth this month, the same happened last year - my hair seems to hate summer! We've recently had a heat wave and I shed loads throughout it too. My hair doesn't feel any thinner though, which is a relief. It's a shame because I love summer, heat and humidity is wonderful for my joint pain but apparently not my hair.

I did a little trim today, it's been four months since I trimmed and I felt it was time for another. My hair doesn't look too bad, considering the damage, but I have bleach and layers to cut out so I decided to do a 0.25-0.5" trim. I've also decided to change the shape of my hemline though to a deeper U so I'm really pleased to say that after the trim there was no difference in length. I need to look at the pictures to see if the change in hemline is noticeable yet, I would guess not though. It's bedtime here but I'll go through the pictures and post an updated photo tomorrow.

Oh so that's me at 22.75", only barely past APL, feels like I'll be here forever!

ravenheather
August 3rd, 2013, 07:13 AM
My hair doesn't like summer either. Slow growth and shedding. Neelibringhadi oil is helping though.

palaeoqueen
August 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
It's weird, before I started measuring and actually paying attention I would have assumed that summer would be great for hair growth, perhaps it is for some people but obviously not for some of us!

Majormiles
August 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hello please can I join?! I am currently about an inch past apl :) pictures to follow as soon as I can post attachments

SerinaDaith
August 3rd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Come on over!

arelrios
August 5th, 2013, 09:30 AM
At the moment I am debating if I should trim my ends or not.... :meditate:

alexis917
August 5th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I just chopped to around APL.
Maybe longer, I asked her to cut it dry and she did.
So when it's wet and super straight, it's probably a bit longer.
I'm not due for another wash until tomorrow, but until then, I'm coconut-oiled as usual and keeping it braided.
Hopefully it'll grow quickly now that it's finally all virgin.

juliaxena
August 5th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Congrats alexis!

I have just realised it has been 3 months since my last trim. It feels it has been longer. I would try to push it for another 3 now that my hair is all virgin, unfortunately though no matter what I do sea salt always damages my hair a little so end of this month I will probably have a small trim. BSL just seems so far away.

alexis917
August 5th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Congrats alexis!

I have just realised it has been 3 months since my last trim. It feels it has been longer. I would try to push it for another 3 now that my hair is all virgin, unfortunately though no matter what I do sea salt always damages my hair a little so end of this month I will probably have a small trim. BSL just seems so far away.
Thanks- I know how you feel!!
It seems like I picked the worst time to chop because I'm tempted to swim,
but don't want to subject my hair to chlorine.
At least it's summer so it'll grow a bit before school starts up for me again!

arelrios
August 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks- I know how you feel!!
It seems like I picked the worst time to chop because I'm tempted to swim,
but don't want to subject my hair to chlorine.
At least it's summer so it'll grow a bit before school starts up for me again!

These are exactly my thoughts... I am taking a break from working out now and would like to finally learn how to swim... but i am terrified of what that would do to my hair.... :(

Elecita
August 8th, 2013, 03:38 AM
About chlorine - yeah, it sucks, my bf has a swimming pool at home and I try to swim without getting my head wet, putting my hair in a top bun. But sometimes, after many days without washing, I give in and wet it. I notice a little damage but nothing too bad. And it hasn't impedded my growth! Here's a pic from two months ago and one from yesterday :D I'm almost there! (I also got a tan, heh)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mm8mk3.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/9jksgo.jpg

Sorry for size and slight greasiness on second pic, been trying to stretch washes over a week. :p

clioariane
August 8th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Elecita, your hair looks great! And congrats on getting to BSL. How long did it take you from the picture on the left?

Elecita
August 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Thank you clioarianne! :o I don't want to call it BSL until it's past my bra strap though. But it's just over two months from one pic to the other! Top pic was taken June 3rd, bottom pic was taken yesterday, August 7th! I can't even believe it, but I guess taking biotin and following LHC teachings does pay off :D

clioariane
August 8th, 2013, 08:14 AM
wowza, that's huge! good for you :)

see_turtle
August 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I am at 24.5"...2.5 inches to BSL! 5 months...maybe less as I seem to be growing more than .5" a month my growth prediction chart says I'm to be 24" this month!...So desperate for LONG hair again!

clioariane
August 11th, 2013, 03:58 AM
august 10, almost there :)

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/clioariane/TLHC/photo-1.jpg?t=1376214813

pixiestar
August 11th, 2013, 10:30 AM
About chlorine - yeah, it sucks, my bf has a swimming pool at home and I try to swim without getting my head wet, putting my hair in a top bun. But sometimes, after many days without washing, I give in and wet it. I notice a little damage but nothing too bad. And it hasn't impedded my growth! Here's a pic from two months ago and one from yesterday :D I'm almost there! (I also got a tan, heh)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mm8mk3.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/9jksgo.jpg

Sorry for size and slight greasiness on second pic, been trying to stretch washes over a week. :p

Great growth :)

pixiestar
August 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM
august 10, almost there :)

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/clioariane/TLHC/photo-1.jpg?t=1376214813

Congrats :)
I'm nearly there as well :)

alexis917
August 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Thank you clioarianne! :o I don't want to call it BSL until it's past my bra strap though. But it's just over two months from one pic to the other! Top pic was taken June 3rd, bottom pic was taken yesterday, August 7th! I can't even believe it, but I guess taking biotin and following LHC teachings does pay off :D

Wow, I wish I had your growth rate! Fingers crossed this chop will help me along...

Killahkurlz
August 11th, 2013, 08:19 PM
tonight I gave myself a scalp massage with castor oil and tea tree oil along with my regimen then I hung over the edge of my bed, head down for a few minutes. I'm experimenting to see if doing this for a week will result in more growth than normal in 1 week. saw this on YouTube.

GrowingGlory
August 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM
My hair has officially reached APL and I am now heading for BSL.

SerinaDaith
August 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Yay! I hit APL and stalled again :P. So much for my eight month to BSL thoughts. Oh well maybe in a year.

kittenface
August 15th, 2013, 04:21 AM
You guys, my hair reaches the top of my bra strap now! This is huge! (For me, anyway.) I'm so close! :o

clioariane
August 15th, 2013, 04:25 AM
You guys, my hair reaches the top of my bra strap now! This is huge! (For me, anyway.) I'm so close! :o
yay congrats! I hope you hit the bottom part soon!

earthybee
August 16th, 2013, 07:44 AM
I've got a long way to go but here's a start
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7445/9521628819_57f01c55b2.jpg

Charmelia
August 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hello everybody!

I´m new here, but I would like to join this thread. I have been lurking the forum for a few months, but decided to become a member a few days ago.
I have slow growing hair, but I am really ``fast with the scissors``:rolleyes:, this is obviously a bad combination for hair growing:D.

BambooBeauty
August 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Today I realized I've hit apl. I'm very excited!

Hootenanny
August 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Today I realized I've hit apl. I'm very excited!

Congratulations! :)

BambooBeauty
August 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Congratulations! :)

Thank you! :)

oktobergoud
August 17th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Hey everyone!

I just reached APL, so I guess I belong here now :)

pixiestar
August 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Hello to everyone thats just reached apl:blossom:

norths
August 17th, 2013, 03:37 AM
my hair grew really fast to SL. but now I feel as though growing to BSL is taking to slow, way too slow. I feel like I've had no progress at all, and now I'm getting the urge to just chop it all off.

MintChocChip
August 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Joining this group again having cut my hair shorter again a couple of months ago. ^^ It's past APL now, but a fair few inches from BSL. Come on hair, grow! :D

Charmelia
August 17th, 2013, 04:36 AM
I feel the same way. Growing from SL-APL was so fast. Now, I´ve been around APL for the past 6 months:(. I never seem to be able to grow beyond this point.
I just cut 2 inches off, and now I hope I can leave my hair till Jan -14, and hopefully it will get longer this time:).

miss_asimov
August 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
This was my hair yesterday. I got a mini-trim last week from my mother to get rid of some split ends and the volume is thanks to a day and a night in fishtail braids.

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/sweetestpoison_photo/Hair/null_zps99091444.jpg

edit: ugh, excuse the back fat :/

Charmelia
August 17th, 2013, 08:39 AM
@miss-asimov, you´re hair looks really thick, great hemline:D. And you look really close to the bottom of your bra strap:).

Wildcat Diva
August 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I'm not going to trim, so BSL by years end, come along! I just need to keep things moisturized. Maybe today or tomorrow I'll do a deep conditioning and a DT.

SerinaDaith
August 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Hubby will take a shot later today but I finnally figured out the crown braid. It's only taken a year. Miss Asimove you are almost there!

Hootenanny
August 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping to be at BSL unstretched by New Years. Right now I'm there when wet or stretched, but only a bit below APL when curly. I don't know if I'll make it, but here's to hoping! :beercheer:

Earth Angel
August 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM
Hi all!

I'm joining this thread after having to cut back from BSL due to excessive shedding and wispy ends :( also trying to get rid of layers and old highlights which i think caused some breakage, so hopefully get back there soon!

whylime13
August 22nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Ok I've been hovering at almost there for a while now, so for my birthday present to me I'm calling it: I'm at BSL! yay! Sorry I don't have an updated length shot, I just did some in July and like to keep them spaced out so I can be impressed with my progress when I see them. So now I continue my journey to waist length!

pixiestar
August 23rd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Welcome Earth Angel I'm sure you will be back to bsl soon. I cut mine up to a bob from bsl last august, hope to be bsl by end of year.

Congratulations whylime13.

pixiestar
August 23rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
I'm hoping to be at BSL unstretched by New Years. Right now I'm there when wet or stretched, but only a bit below APL when curly. I don't know if I'll make it, but here's to hoping! :beercheer:

I'm hoping to be bsl by end of year to :)