PDA

View Full Version : Girl pulls bus with her hair! O.o

kwaniesiam
December 13th, 2008, 11:58 PM
http://video.yahoo.com/network/101149635?v=4083868&l=5144241

I thought it was pretty neat, but not something I'd ever try to do :bigeyes: Look how thick her braids are too!

gdimoonbeam
December 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Oh my! One would think she wouldn't have any hair left,

DeeM
December 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
OMG, I'm feeling pain just watching that!

Phalaenopsis
December 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
She has double the thickness I have :eek:
That is some strong hair. I wouldn't try it, my head, ouch!

Samara Morgan
December 14th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Eeeek, I'd be afraid that would rip your hair out :bigeyes: Her braids are very thick indeedy :)

LutraLutra
December 14th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I wonder if if gives her split ends? Heheh.

sahiba
December 14th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I wonder if if gives her split ends? Heheh.

With the pressure of pulling that bus her split ends would have gone anyways :). But sriousely, she does have some thick and strong hair.

Alana2000
December 14th, 2008, 08:05 AM
This does not surprize me, long hair that is thick and healthy is very very strong, I have heard stories of people actually making rope from human hair.

Peggy E.
December 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Isn't most of the pressure going onto the scalp/skin?

Not that this isn't quite an accomplishment, or anything, but, really, what a stupid thing to do!!!

NebraskaChick84
December 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
oh my goodness that looks painful! I'm really glad she used her arms/hands to take some of the pressure off while she got the bus going...ouch :o

Ryanne
December 14th, 2008, 09:59 AM
That looks incredibly painful!

viking_quest
December 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I have a headache from watching this.

Her hair is also very pretty.

BlackfootHair
December 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Did anyone notice her sweat shirt said Sesa? Don't they make a hair oil?

*runs off to google*

Aisha25
December 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Yes it is a indian hair oil a good one too:D.

Anje
December 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Wow, she's got like 4x as much hair as I do....

Impressive indeed, but all I can think is "traction alopecia."

Celticfreefall
December 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
"Apparently she started pulling carts and worked her way up to buses."

WHY?! XD Did she need her hands to carry things and used her braids for the cart instead? Either way, that gives a whole new credibility to the Rapunzel myth, yes?

DaveDecker
December 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I like the music. :silly:

trolleypup
December 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Not to discount her abilities, but I'm thinking of how easy it is to push electric buses and streetcars on the level, and how easy it would be to move (a specially rigged) one under ideal conditions.

littleredlx
December 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM
This does not surprize me, long hair that is thick and healthy is very very strong, I have heard stories of people actually making rope from human hair.

Sorry to barge in but on myth busters they showed them making a rope with human hair to climb down a building and it actually held their weight so hair can be pretty strong.

But ouch!!

marajade
December 14th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Wow. . . . her hair is actually shorter than I originally anticipated. . .but wow it must be strong!

trolleypup
December 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Hair is way stronger than people think. I just tested a shed up to 3 ounces. Assuming a head of hair is roughly 100,000 strands...a healthy head of hair should be able to support multiple tons of load...certainly way more than your scalp could.

mira-chan
December 15th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hair is way stronger than people think. I just tested a shed up to 3 ounces. Assuming a head of hair is roughly 100,000 strands...a healthy head of hair should be able to support multiple tons of load...certainly way more than your scalp could.

Yup. Plus at the scalp hurt. It hurts MUCH less to pull all the hair than a couple of hairs. If the tension and pull is well distributed and the scalp is used to it (she started with smaller objects) then it would not hurt.

My hair can hold a lot, I don't know how much all of this stuff weighs but that's one of my hairs it's hanging on. A Ficcare, large weigh about 2 oz. So that's about 4oz (2 glittery large ficcare) plus hair sticks a hook bunji tie and another small fakkare clip.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g30/kitsunethief/meet/stronghair-1.jpg

LaurelSpring
December 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I googled something about hair growth out of curiosity regarding another thread and someone mentioned that pulling helped hair growth (probably not true, I dont know). I wonder if steady consistent pulling like she did contributed to strong hair and growth. If we start pulling our hair in little increments and gradually pull more will we have stronger thicker hair? Just a curious thought regarding this.

SHELIAANN1969
December 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Ok, I am NOT going to start pulling my hair to see if it makes it stronger! lol

That was pretty wild!

I googled something about hair growth out of curiosity regarding another thread and someone mentioned that pulling helped hair growth (probably not true, I dont know). I wonder if steady consistent pulling like she did contributed to strong hair and growth. If we start pulling our hair in little increments and gradually pull more will we have stronger thicker hair? Just a curious thought regarding this.

Sammybunny711
December 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
That's pretty awesome!

Sissy
December 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
y'ouch.... why????:(

Henitsirk
December 26th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I love how the caption said she's been pulling things with her hair "since birth". Was she born with long hair?? :-)

Aisha25
December 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM
They mean since she was a little girl not an actual newborn.

Oskimosa
December 26th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I dunno, I thought it was pretty cool ;)