PDA

View Full Version : Hi friends, please explain how to post photos!

Emme76
March 21st, 2008, 04:00 PM
I have a question...:o
I uploaded a profile pic and that worked fine..but when I try to upload a pic to post on a new thread/post it doesnīt work. I click on the "inset image" above and it askes for an URL...isnīt that if you have it on the web??? I have my pic on the computer....
I might be comfused :rolleyes:...please help, how do I post a pic combined to my text when I write a post!!!!ī
Thank you for all your help...
/Emme

Flaxen
March 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
In order to post a picture, it must be hosted somewhere on the web. If it's only on your computer, no one else will be able to see it.

Good photo hosts are: Image Shack, Tiny Pic, and Photobucket. They are all free. Once you have uploaded a picture to their website, you want to copy/paste the URL for your picture into a post. Look underneath the picture for different URLs. For this website, you want the one with the IMG tags at the beginning and end.

HTH! :grin:

Emme76
March 22nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
THANKīS!!!! :cheese:
/Emme

Emme76
March 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9125/imgp5532yi2.jpg
I think it worked..heheheh....
Thanks again...

lynnala
March 24th, 2008, 11:32 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out how y'all post photos to your posts and blogs. Please enlighten me, because I have photos I want to share! Also, what's a tag? My little posting rules box says I can't post attachments, but I thought after 60 days and over 100 posts I could do all this stuff? I'm confused!:confused:

Miss Murphy
March 25th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Lynnala, you should be definitely able to post pictures! Where you want to post them depends on where they should go.

1.) A picture in a thread: you have to upload to a public webspace first. You could use tinypic.com, or photobucket.com. There are plenty of other services, but these are the two I could think off the top of my head.
Once you uploaded a picture there, you get a link for it. In the reply box over here, there's a little icon with a mountain and a sun on it (second from the right). Click on that, and enter the link in the box that pops up. Et voilà!

2.) For pictures in your photo album, you only need to have the pics on your computer. There's a link at the bottom of the album, that says "add pictures" (or something to that effect).

Let me know if that's clear enough for you, or if you need further assistance :blossom:

dagonlilly
March 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I use photobucket. you can upload a picture there and then paste the link for the photo on here. pretty easy to use and photobucket is a free site.

lynnala
March 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks! I use photobucket too, I just didn't know about the little button with the mountain on it!

WritingPrincess
March 29th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone,
I searched this topic and didn't find anything. I have a Flicker account, and, as I understand, this will allow me to post pictures. How exactly do I go about doing this?
TIA.

Flaxen
March 29th, 2008, 07:38 PM
You will need the URL for the individual picture. If Flickr gives you a choice of URLs for posting in forums, you want the one with the IMG tags around it. Either way, you will want to post like this:

URL of your picture

I hope that helps, and if you get stuck, be sure to give a holler. :smile:

ETA: That's for posting in the body of a post. If you want to upload a signature picture, it's a little different.

WritingPrincess
March 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Okay, thanks. I'll look.

Choccielocks
April 3rd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Hi, just wondered how to upload pics on a regular post? Went to insert image but it has to have a URL - can't I upload a pic from my hard drive? Sorry, quite computer illiterate!
Do I have to have a certain number of posts before I can show pics like the signature?
Many thanks for any help! x

aisling
April 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
This should answer your picture question:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1695

I think the 25+ quality posts rule is still used when it comes to signatures.

Flaxen
April 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
You will need 26 posts to have a signature, but you may put pictures in a post at any time. To do that, they will need to be hosted on the web. If they are only on your computer, no one else can see them. Photobucket, Tinypic, and Imageshack are all free hosting services. Once you have uploaded a picture to their site, you will need the URL with IMG tags at the beginning and end. At Photobucket, you will see it underneath the picture. In your post, it should go like this:

URL of your picture

If you have any trouble, don't hesitate to ask for help. :flower:

firebird
April 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Please could someone help me with adding pictures to a post? I have some at photobucket and have tried using url of picture from bar at top of browser but it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to use the code from 'share url' or 'direct link' between the image tags? Thank you :)

Flaxen
April 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Please could someone help me with adding pictures to a post? I have some at photobucket and have tried using url of picture from bar at top of browser but it doesn't seem to work. Do I need to use the code from 'share url' or 'direct link' between the image tags? Thank you :)
Umm...<goes to check>...It's the fourth one under the picture.

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code <--- this one, and it already has the IMG tags around it. Just copy and paste. :smile:

firebird
April 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Thank you Flaxen! :)

*runs back to test board to try again*

JuneBride
September 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the help, time to open a new account to "host" my pics!

Syntyche
October 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I have a question to.
If I have a photo I want to link to on my live journal (or other blog) how would I do that?