PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful hair stylist

Dark Rosaleen
March 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
My point in creating this thread is to point out that there are some really great hair stylists out there. I've found two in my area recently and I like them both. They listen to what I have to say, and have positive attitudes.

So, if anyone reads this, please share something that you like about your stylist. Why do you like them? What have they done that makes you smile? How have they helped you in your journey to grow out your hair and keep it healthy?

My motivation in posting this is to point out that not all hair stylists have emerged from the pit of Hades. Sorry, but there is WAY too much stylist bashing on this site. I don't mean to offend, but I can't deny that it's irritating sometimes. Stylists are not monsters after all. They're human. Some are bad, some are good.

Anyway, please share the good. No bashing please. :D

Carina
March 24th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I have also found a good stylist that knows how much half an inch is.I did meet stylists before that wanted to cut more.But I have a big mouth and sharp eyes so they did not have much luck:p.But it is a great feeling to be able to relax when my stylist trims away my splits:cool::D

doodlesmart
March 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I went to many random stylists for a long time and never had one who didn't listen to me. I may have had one here or there who suggested something else, but when I said no thanks, they were very respectful and kind.

The only reason I stopped going is because I'd rather spend that money on new hairtoys since all I ever got is a straight across trim. I do miss the washing though. Ever since I was very small, I loved having my hair washed tilted back in a sink like that. I had one when I was little who would always put an extra towel there so it wouldn't make my neck sore. :D

savi
March 25th, 2008, 06:00 AM
There are some really nice ones out there. Mine's one of them. :p
The moment I let the words "I'm growing it long." slip out of my mouth she took it seriously. She even told me about CWCing and overnight conditioning. It really is nice to have your stylist be so supportive, even though she knows I won't visit her frequently.

nastasska
March 25th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I've found a great salon recently where they do Aveda Plant based colours and don't try to pressure you into anything you don't want in fact they love long hair:cheese:

paper
March 25th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Yes, I have heard alot of horror storys. And, have a few of my own!

The hair stylest I have now is wonderful. She does exactly what I ask her to do. If anything, she doesn't take off enough. She says "we can always go shorter" Also, when I decided to dye my own hair, she was a big help. When I got my hair trimmed first she cut of hairs for me to do strand test with. She told me bunch of tips and even gave me her home phone # told me to call her anytime, if I had any problems.

Nat242
March 25th, 2008, 06:43 AM
My point in creating this thread is to point out that there are some really great hair stylists out there. I've found two in my area recently and I like them both. They listen to what I have to say, and have positive attitudes.

So, if anyone reads this, please share something that you like about your stylist. Why do you like them? What have they done that makes you smile? How have they helped you in your journey to grow out your hair and keep it healthy?

My motivation in posting this is to point out that not all hair stylists have emerged from the pit of Hades. Sorry, but there is WAY too much stylist bashing on this site. I don't mean to offend, but I can't deny that it's irritating sometimes. Stylists are not monsters after all. They're human. Some are bad, some are good.

Anyway, please share the good. No bashing please. :D

Thanks for starting this thread. I feel bad for the people that have upsetting experiences with hair stylists, but a lot of unnecessary "bashing" goes on as well, and there are several hair stylists on LHC that are lovely people, and I'm afraid they must feel a little alienated by some posts and threads.

I haven't seen a hair stylist in a while, but the one I had as a pre-teen and teenager remembered every style I ever had, remembered details about my family and my school, would make helpful suggestions to me about how to cut and style my hair for my face shape (I had a variety of pixie cuts at this stage), and she was always lovely and sweet and friendly. I have no doubt that if I still lived in the same state I could go to her for a long-hair friendly haircut. :cheese:

-- Natalie

florenonite
March 25th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Mine's great. I've had her since I was wee, and she knows how I like to part my hair, that I always like to be able to get it all into a ponytail (back when I used to cut it to shoulder-length), that I hate blow-drying, etc. And when I asked her last summer to only cut off an inch, she did so!

atlantaz3
March 25th, 2008, 07:30 AM
My dh and I share a stylist. I was going to one of those expensive salons figuring you get what you pay for. I got tired of the dh going to Chop A Lot and coming home looking like it. So I asked him to try to "training" side (what's up with master stylists anyway) and we met Megan. The expensive got outrageous and by then Megan had moved on, so I went to her for a trim. She listens and will do exactly what I ask for even to the point of learning how to do a dusting. Okay I know the flat iron shouldn't have happened now and I'll ask her not to next time. The dh has unique hair that if cut even a 1/4 inch too short will stand up at odd angles and this weird curlie thing going on in the back that is not cut right etc... She once cut his hair too short (at his request) Well! I sent her an email (joking tone) that is not to happen again! So now I get the occasional call or email is the dh's hair okay? I've even asked her if she would try foil highlights using honey, and she is willing.

Gothic Lolita
March 25th, 2008, 07:52 AM
My mum's a learned stylist and she never cut off too much, nor is she doing any experiments. She sometimes asks if she sould trim my ends but when I say "no" it's okay and she doesn't go on about it.

When I was younger I used to go to the same stylist as my mum. I had BSL then but wanted to go shorter, only I couldn't think of any style I wanted. It was the first time in my life I visisted a salon. The stylist sae me and I told her, to cut whatever she liked, only I wanted t o be able to make a ponytail and it shouldn't be too short. She cut my hair wonderful, with layers (but not too many) and never an inch too short.