PDA

View Full Version : Recs for great detangling cone condish

HappyCurls
March 24th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hi all!
I've been pretty much cone free for about two years. But my conefree conditioners that I have been using all this time have stopped working when it comes to detangling. On average it takes close to two hours to detanlge my uber thick, super curly hair and it is really frustrating. My hair is breaking from teh tension and pulling of trying to get the tangles out, they are out of control:mad: Can I get some coney condish recs, that dont build up too much, have great detangling and maybe even moisture? I would prefer not to order online, but anything available on the ground is fair game. i want something that will cut through these evil tangles, thanks!

rymorg2
March 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Hi all!
I've been pretty much cone free for about two years. But my conefree conditioners that I have been using all this time have stopped working when it comes to detangling. On average it takes close to two hours to detanlge my uber thick, super curly hair and it is really frustrating. My hair is breaking from teh tension and pulling of trying to get the tangles out, they are out of control:mad: Can I get some coney condish recs, that dont build up too much, have great detangling and maybe even moisture? I would prefer not to order online, but anything available on the ground is fair game. i want something that will cut through these evil tangles, thanks!

Hi Happy curls.....I'm a stylist and one I recommend all the time for detangling is the Detangler from Paul Mitchell. When I use it on someone's hair I leave it in a minute or two, using my fingers as a comb to pull it through and the tangles fall out fairly easily. It's not a leave in but you can leave some of it in; PM's products are usually multi use like that. It does have some cones but I think (don't hold me to this) the majority of them are PEG modified and water soluable.

HTH!

Curlsgirl
March 25th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Well it doesn't have cones but I like VO5 Strawberries and cream conditioner. I heap it on in the shower and detangle that way sometimes. The best way to prevent so many tangles is wearing my hair up or braided a lot and sleeping on a satin pillowcase. I used to use Garnier smooth and shine when I used cones and I liked it but I don't know how much it would build up. Another thing that helps me is coconut oil. No matter what as your hair gets longer it will just take longer to detangle properly with minimum breakage so I try to allow time for that. I do it while I am watching TV or something so I don't feel rushed. If I try to hurry I get in trouble and that's when my hair screams at me!!!:p

Probably more than what you asked for but I am in a chatty mood today! (course most people would say EVERY day! LOL)

BotticelliBabe
March 25th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I actually have two recs that are cone free - one is Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment - I use just a touch after rinsing my hair as a leave in condish in sopping wet hair (I don't need much - maybe a teaspoon - and my hair is pretty thick) - it distributes really well and detangles great! I get mine online, but they have a store locator at www.jessicurl.com (http://www.jessicurl.com) as well.

The other is one that I haven't tried, but over at the NC.com boaard gets a lot of raves. It's Kinky Curly Knot Today. I know you can get it at Curl Mart (at NC.com), but not so sure about being able to get it in stores. I would imagine SOMEONE has to carry it in a storefront SOMEWHERE! :confused:

redcelticcurls
March 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM
If you are willing to try another cone free one, I'd recommend the Knot Today also. The creator has long 3c curls.

I was skeptical when I saw that it was relatively thin, but it detangles like magic for me.

HappyCurls
March 25th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the great suggestions, I will keep them in mind for sure during my hunt for a new condish this weekend :)

longhairedfairy
March 25th, 2008, 10:22 PM
When I used Garnier Fructis it took out the tangles really well for me. HTH :)

Cinnamon Hair
March 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
On average it takes close to two hours to detanlge my uber thick, super curly hair and it is really frustrating.

2 to 4 hours to detangle! *faints* Those are some gorgeous curls and you must have a ton of patience to manage that.

My favorite 'cone condish of all time is L'Oreal Mega Moisture Nature's Therapy. It is available at Sally's Beauty Supply and comes in a large yellow tub with green lid. That stuff will make your shower floor slippery it is so rich.

lookingglass
April 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM
For coney I would recommed Aussie 3MM Deeeeeep, and the Suave Biobasics. They detangle like a dream and condition well. I do clarify once a week to prevent build up.

But I am really thinking about this KC thing now that the weather is changing and there is more moisture in the air. I think my curls would like it!

meichigo
April 14th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I don't know if these have cones or not, but I like Neutrogena Triple Moisture and Dove Intense Damage Therapy.

Edit: I've also used the Aussie and liked it, as well as Aveda Shampure.

bellawave
April 14th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight. It smells great and is very thick and coney. It didn't make my hair straighter (actually made it curl more), so I think the name is just a gimmick. It detangles very well!

Xandergrammy
April 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I've had good detangling luck with Garnier Fructis and Sunsilk.

mommy2one05
April 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM
dove intensive damage therapy ( it is in a dark blue bottle) ... makes it where I can just comb right through my hair after the washing, even without adding a spray on detangler

Delilah
April 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Infusium 23 is a good coney conditioner IMO. You can dilute it quite a lot and still have a ton of slip. Its reasonably priced at drug stores.