PDA

View Full Version : Girls (and guys) I need hairstyle help

allege
December 12th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Monday I have a very important interview for a state job. I am at a complete loss for a conservative/stylish way to put up my hair that says that I am responsible. Please help! My hair is hip length, 1b/1c/M/ii

Sammybunny711
December 12th, 2008, 06:03 AM
What about a chignon? That is very stylish and professional. :smile:

allege
December 12th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I don't know. It tends to look kinda "grandmotherish" on me.

morguebabe
December 12th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I normally pull it into a simple bun. Simple I always feel is better than something that looks fancy... it looks more "no fuss"

dreamhair
December 12th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Not sure if I'll be much help as I have been a short hair... styles I have seen around this site that seem simple and could be very professional looking:

French twist
Chinese bun
Infinity bun (sideways figure 8)
A French braid with the length bunned

Hope that helps.

Radulfr
December 12th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I would braid the length and then roll it into a braided bun.

Melisande
December 12th, 2008, 09:18 AM
A flipped bun looks simple and elegant, so does the French twist. With hip length it might be difficult to make the French twist look tight.

Anything involving a Ficcare looks cool and effortlessly elegant. If no Ficcare, I'd use invisible pins or scroos. Nothing flashy or obvious.

I think I'd go for a flipped bun, held with scroos.

Laila23
December 12th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I would part it and wear it down! hehehe

Katze
December 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
the French twist is always my go-to hairdo for a professional look; my hair is far too messy for anything else to look sleek and polished.

If you fold the length several times, you can twist and clip easily while hiding the ends under the twist. Not sure if this works on tailbone length though...

Anje
December 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM
How about a sleek, shiny low bun, but to one side, behind one ear? I saw it on TV the other day, and at least there it looked cool and elegant, but just a bit different.

Tangles
December 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM
French braid, and then bun the rest. It looks fancy and yet contained, and softer than a chignon.

angelthadiva
December 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I normally pull it into a simple bun. Simple I always feel is better than something that looks fancy... it looks more "no fuss"

I like this idea, but don't do a scrunchie bun.

I would part it and wear it down! hehehe I'm glad this was a joke; although I love the look of all hair down--I wouldn't recommend this for an interview. The last thing you want is the conversation to turn to your hair, or have your hair misbehaving and getting into things while you are still trying to make good first impression. :thumbsup:

French braid, and then bun the rest. It looks fancy and yet contained, and softer than a chignon. I like this look, it looks smart, sophisticated and all grown up...I'd do a tight/small sectioned french braid that begins more toward the crown (not right at the front), and I'd use some as close to as invisible hair pins as possible...

Take a deep breath, you will do great!
Knock 'em dead! :)

Darkhorse1
December 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
SOmeone here did a really cool style--the rolled a ribbon through the length of their hair, and made it so their hair looked shoulder length and curled under.

To look professional, just have your hair nicely groomed. On days you aren't washing, put it up into a french twist--invest in some nice combs-hey! Excuse to get new hair toys :) Or, use a large flexi 8. Or XL :D