PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Theme Basket Idea-LHC Items

HairyCarrie
December 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I love to give theme baskets at Christmas. So I'm doing an “LHC Hair Care” basket for my dear friend who has gorgeous silver hair about shoulder length, not very thick. I want to share the tools and techniques I’ve learned at this great community.

So far my gift basket ideas are:

-Coconut oil
-Flexi8
-Some shampoos and conditioners without sulfates and cones. Anything special for silver hair?
-SMT directions and ingredients.

Any other ideas for this gift basket?

Post Edit note: DragonLady...Thanks for the horn comb idea - I'll get one.

DragonLady
December 11th, 2008, 11:10 PM
A horn comb. :)

HairyCarrie
December 12th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I was just making my bed and another idea came... a satin pillowcase.

So I think just a few more items and it will be complete. Any other ideas?

Off to google "horn comb". Thanks DragonLady for that one. :)

morguebabe
December 12th, 2008, 09:15 AM
a BBB or a nice wide tooth comb and some ouchless elastics

Nightshade
December 12th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Maybe a nice microfiber hair towel for drying?

morguebabe
December 12th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Is that length hair able to use sticks?

Loviatar
December 12th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I could use sticks at shoulder length so it's possible she could use a simple pair of metal sticks which would also work for damp bunning.

other things I might include:
Aloe gel, a silk buff or scarf, snag free elastics, cassia (maybe - but it might leave her silver hair with a more golden tone)

Alana2000
December 12th, 2008, 10:30 AM
ACV in a pretty jar with a scroll of detailed instructions.

Katze
December 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
...or SMT in a pretty jar!

Last Xmas I gave my mom, sis, and best friend bottles of Goth Rosary ('nothingness' unscented) conditioner, accompanied by the fragrance sample pack. I have no idea if they ever bought more, but all really liked this conditioner. My mom (short middle aged hairdo but naturally grey) said it was 'the only thing that controlled my flyaways.' So even non-LHC-type people can enjoy the kind of products we use! :)

Debra83
December 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM
A Bottle of Hair Vitamins?

heidi w.
December 12th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Probably already mentioned:

some nice kind of ornament or selection thereof. Hit up Sally's Beaty Supply or better yet, Claire's.
Think about her age, how she dresses generally, her activities, your price range(!), and her skin tone as well as hair color.

I like a nice set of hair sticks that match. You know, Long Hair Loom's webmaster, Fox, does sell hair sticks where you can choose the top bead(s) yourself.

Maybe a few scrunchies?

A comb? on eBay there are horn combs for sell relatively cheap! OR The Body Shop's wood comb -- that's a nice comb. (Some kind of wide-toothed comb.)

A bobby pin or selection of them with glittery bits on the end.....(butterfly, dragonfly, just a bit of pizzazzy dash of color)

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod6270013&categoryId=search
See that insignia on the comb? That means this comb is made from wood that comes from sustainable forest!
Features:
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified beech wood.

What about a satin or sateen or very soft pillowcase for her tresses to slide on all night long?
heidi w.

ETA: If you want to know more about FSC, here's the link
http://fscus.org/

serious
December 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Maybe a Mister Bottle,with some nice mix of EOs in it?

HairyCarrie
December 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas! I'm thrilled with the variety of items. Now I'm gonna need a bigger basket. :D

Merry :xmas:

Sissy
December 12th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Shea butter, a shampoo bar, and oils (Coconut, Jojoba or Sweet Almond).

I don't have anything else to add but just want to say it's an amazing gift idea and one that I would surely love to receive. :o

Nevermore
December 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I don't think I would include hair vitamins, unless that's something she's mentioned wanting to try before. It might seem like saying she needs them, but you know your friend better than a random internet person.