PDA

View Full Version : Cassia Results + length update (Photos!)

kissedbyfyre
March 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
So, I've been doing no poo for about 6 months now and I've been playing around with natural methods of deep conditioning. Today I gave Cassia a try.

It took me two boxes for my length hair. I added some ACV and honey to the mixture as well, let it sit for 30 minutes, then slathered it onto my hair. Let that sit for about an hour.

I've been feeling really depressed with my hair recently. I had to cut off several inches after getting to classic due to damage.

After seeing todays photos though, I've changed my mind. :) It's a good hair day. I'm glad I trimmed that length off and it isn't as short as I was thinking. I'll be back at classic in no time.:cheese:

The cassia is amazing! My hair is silky soft, full of volume and some of my weird waves have returned.

Not the best length picture but it's the only one that turned out. I lost the brush somehow... so this isn't brushed. Excuse the "muffin top", it's a certain week, I'm rather bloated.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/laughingsatyr/hair/length.jpg

A very accurate photo of my actual hair color. You can also see some of the layers up front.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/laughingsatyr/hair/color.jpg

Only to illustrate my layers up front. I had these put in a little over a year ago. I quite like them. They start at my jaw line and blend into my length.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/laughingsatyr/hair/layers.jpg

OR Cowgirl
March 24th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Gorgeous!! You so make me want to try cassia!! Or henna, if I could figure out how to get your wonderful red on my dark brown hair! LOL! And you're right, you'll be back at classic in no time!

Mariah

Lixie
March 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Your hair is just beautiful, kissedbyfyre. The colour and shine is amazing. :inlove:

spidermom
March 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Gorgeous color and shine. Maybe I'll try cassia one of these days after all.

Carina
March 24th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Beautiful hair:agree:.You make me wanna try both henna and cassia.But I'm not sure if I dare yet:rolleyes:.

Blueglass
March 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Very pretty. It's pictures like these that make me wish I was a redhead.

kissedbyfyre
March 24th, 2008, 10:20 PM
OR Cowgirl: Thankies! I've always loved cassia. My mom use to have this old bottle of henna laying around from her hippy days that I use to play with when I was younger and not aware of what I was putting on my hair. To this day I don't know if it was the "neutral henna" or the stuff that actually causes the hair color to change. I know it never did anything with my color. I am half tempted to try a henna gloss in the future, really whats the worst that can happen? It punches my color up a few notches?

Lixie: Thank you! :toofers:

spidermom: thanks! I love cassia, it just creates a much larger mess than slopping on the unnatural hair conditioners.

Carina: Thanks! You might want to do a strand test first if you ever decide to try cassia. Some people with lighter hair have reported that it's darkened their hair a bit.

Blueglass: Heh, I love being a redhead but it's taken me my entire life to learn to love my hair color. Thank you!

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 10:44 PM
wow pretty hair love the colour, shine and length

snowflakegirl
March 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour and length!

Lisa-Maria
March 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM
It's certainly not short. It's full and shiny and I so wish I had that colour on my hair right now :=

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 01:26 AM
yep, you reminded me to cassia again.

Rose_Red
March 25th, 2008, 04:12 AM
It makes me so happy to see your gorgeous hair around here again :)

mellie
March 25th, 2008, 06:53 AM
So gorgeous!!!

lora410
March 25th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Wow you hair looks awesome :inlove:

Ylliria
March 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Simply gorgeous hair! Volume, color... all is beautiful! Don't worry about the length, it's still very long and will be at classic again in no time. You made the good choice... and yes cassia is great, isn't it?

eadwine
March 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
That color is STUNNING! Where is that thud smiley?

dagonlilly
March 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
your hair looks great!

BlndeInDisguise
March 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
You have beautiful hair! I've always liked red hair.

maskedrose
March 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
:agape: Wow - look at that shine!! I've been debating whether I should try cassia, but if it gives you that kind of shine and softness, I think I should order some!

Delilah
March 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I think your hair looks gorgeous. You should definitely not be bummed out about hair like that!

Robinlyn
March 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Wow! I love your hair & shine! Great pics thanks for sharing!

Snowymoon
March 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Beautiful!! :thumbsup:

Oh, how I wish cassia did such wonderful things for my hair. That is great how good no poo is working for you. :D

Urchin
March 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. I've always been curious about cassia, and I may try it to keep my hair healthy without adding extra red. Your hair is beautiful, good growing.

xrosiex
March 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Your hair is beatiful!!! It's so shiny. It makes me want to try cassia. How long will the results last?

ole gray mare
March 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Wow! Super gorgeous, that!!

kissedbyfyre
March 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks everyone! I really needed to read these responses. It's been a very hard day for me emotionally speaking. They really really do help. I had forgotten how good LHC can be for bad days.

xrosiex: I don't know how long the results last. I've read that some suggest it as a weekly treatment, others say it's a monthly treatment. It likely varies from individual to individual depending on their hair and their hair care routine.

nissamholtz
May 25th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Wow. Your hair is looking fantastic!