PDA

View Full Version : My haircut 2/lost length

spidermom
March 24th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I promised that I would post comparison of pre- and post-trim photographs. Here they are:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/pretrim1.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/straight1.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/posttrim1.jpg
Pre-Trim, natural, lots of splits .... Post-trim, straightened ... Post-trim, natural

Wow! I gave up a lot of length. I didn't realize how much until now. But you know what? I don't mind. The silky feel of my ends is worth it. Those split, dry ends were driving me crazy! Please remember that I lopped them off myself. No scissor-crazy stylist took advantage of me (although a stylist did even up my crazy whack-job).

harley mama
March 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM
It looks great SM! Your hair really shrinks up when it dried naturally.
I love how healthy the ends look. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'll have to do a major trim soon.
This chemo is killing my hair!

Lixie
March 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I think all three photos look fantastic. You have beautiful hair, spidermom. Glad you're enjoying your new length. :)

spidermom
March 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
It looks great SM! Your hair really shrinks up when it dried naturally.
I love how healthy the ends look. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'll have to do a major trim soon.
This chemo is killing my hair!

But if the rest of you stays alive, it will all be worth it. Best wishes for full recovery. And thank you for the compliment.

Kittee
March 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
You are just like me. =) I cut mine last week about 3-4 inches of dead, dry, spit horrible velcro ends off. I feel terrible about losing the lenght but dang the smooth soft hair is nice isn't it? Your ends look so LOVELY now!

morningstar
March 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
It looks great Spidermom. I would do almost anything for that thickness you have. Drool.

Raederle
March 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Beautiful hair, as expected, and the color is just lovely, too. Are the two natural pictures after fingercombing, or does your hair look that great even after a regular comb?

Silver & Gold
March 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Spidermom, I definitely like your hair better dried naturally (I love the natural curl) and I think the cut was a good call, your hair really looks thick and lovely.

spidermom
March 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Beautiful hair, as expected, and the color is just lovely, too. Are the two natural pictures after fingercombing, or does your hair look that great even after a regular comb?

Regular combing. But I forgot! I put in a top ponytail and sponge rollered the ends/length the night before the meet. Some curls "took", some didn't, so I bunned it, then combed it out just before pictures. Notice all that frizz floating around? Jeesh! The rollers were supposed to give me smoothness.

tomm
March 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM
WOW! Your ends look so good, Spidermom! Congratulations!

Carina
March 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Spidermom you still have very beautiful hair:agree:.I must be such a good feeling to say goodbye to all your split ends.Now you don't have to go wacko on them:lol::p.Have a very happy hairday/Carina

momma smurf
March 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Looks awesome, spidermom!! Thick and healthy. :)

Alley Cat
March 24th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Looking good Spidermom :thumbsup:
Your waves are so pretty . :inlove:

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 10:40 PM
It looks great and much thicker too (not that it wasn't thick before) I do like it wavy though

Dark Rosaleen
It looks really pretty.

kwaniesiam
Very pretty! The important thing to remember is that you are happy with your hair and that it is healthy, the length will always come back in time.

DecafJane
March 25th, 2008, 12:25 AM
WOW! You have gorgeous hair!!!

I agree - I like it wavy, too, but I also like the way you can see how even and healthy the ends are in the photo when it was straight. :)

k_hepburn
March 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I know it always hurts a little (sometimes a lot) to loose length, but you have really gained a beautiful hemline now. So full and healthy looking, it looks a really good cut. Congratulations!

katharine

Katze
March 25th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Spidermom, your hair looks beautiful in that pic. And I prefer it wavy - it has so much more life than straightened. ;)

Your ends really look thick and healthy after the trim - your hair is how I hope mine looks some day when it thickens out and grows longer. I'll keep telling you until you internalize it - you have my dream hair!

peace

Katze

FrannyG
March 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Just beautiful, Spidermom! I really hear you about not minding losing a bit of length to feel those thick, healthy ends. To us, your hair looked perfect, but I know how different it is to see and feel your hair up close.

It's a lovely cut and you'll have your length back before you know it, healthier and stronger than ever. Good decision!

MelLuna
March 25th, 2008, 04:51 AM
It looks great and healthy. I think. Now you have a good basic to grow again to your goal lenght.:D

peachy.pudding
March 25th, 2008, 05:26 AM
thank you for posting, i am glad your hair is happier nothing worse than dry ends and silky roots

Garnet66
March 25th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Your hair is so beautiful. I think it looks great in all the pictures but I can see what a little trim can do.

rymorg2
March 25th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Looking great SM glad you like it!

seabear
March 25th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Looks great, spidermom, so very healthy!

Peggy E.
March 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Your hair looks great! It's so healthy, thick and the ends strong and even.

What's most important is that YOU are happy with the decision and you'll enjoy all the work and effort you've been putting into growing your gorgeous locks so much more.

Thanks for the progression pictures!

Amari
March 25th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Looks great! You've reminded me that I should probably have a little trim myself.

Little_Bird
March 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Wow, your hair is so pretty! Those are like the best pictures I've ever seen from your hair!

I think the trim looks great! I have to prepare myself for one too... If only waist lenght would come faster so I could trim... Anyways =P

Lovely hair Spidermom!:D

Curlsgirl
March 25th, 2008, 09:17 AM
How did I miss this last night??? :confused:

Anyway, thanks SO much for posting an after-trim pic! I definitely like your natural waves better than the straightened but it looked beautiful as well!

Beautiful before, beautiful after!!!!

lora410
March 25th, 2008, 09:22 AM
You did a great job! The waves look much more enhanced now, and trust me alot of us would love to have your length right now:D