PDA

View Full Version : Scalp massaging=volume

RavennaNight
December 11th, 2008, 08:19 AM
So the other day I found a link to Snowy's scalp massage on the archives, and started including it twice a day into my routine. I got an unexpected benefit! Lift and volume! I massage with my head flipped over and I get volume! I really thought I would produce too much sebum and may end up with flat hair but I was wrong! Does anybody else have a similar thing happen with massage? It makes my hair thicker-looking and flowier. Anybody else?

Aisha25
December 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Not for me so much,sometimes if I pick my head up to fast after im done I get light headed:lol: Thats about the only thing I get from massages.

dreamhair
December 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
scalp massage? do you have a link? is it on this site or another?

This sounds interesting. Does it help with growth or cutting down on need to wash?

Thank you

Dreamernz
December 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
yh lol i started using it ages ago and got the same effect, its great for washing your hair quicker and more efficiently as well, as well as for growing :D

RavennaNight
December 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
scalp massage? do you have a link? is it on this site or another?

This sounds interesting. Does it help with growth or cutting down on need to wash?

Thank you

I tried looking for the thread in the archives to no avail. It wouldn't let me search...still looking though. As far as having to wassh less, I think that also. Surprise as well!
*runs off to continue search

Isilya
December 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Here's the link (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-15976.html) to the original thread, it's in the archives. The pics don't show up anymore, but the explanation is clear enough.

RavennaNight
December 11th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Than you so much!:flower:

Isilya
December 11th, 2008, 12:38 PM
You're welcome :)

Kitara
December 11th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Whenever I do a scalp massage my hair looks like one of Tina Turner's wigs...pretty huge. Makes my hubby chuckle though ;)

Spike
December 11th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Don't know if it's the massaging or just growth, but my hair LOOKS thicker and has volume. The first couple of inches get a lot softer when I massage, which is nice.

The biggest effect is that my scalp isn't flaky anymore. No more dandruff shampoo!!! I can wear black shirts and jackets again!!!

NebraskaChick84
December 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I found this same technique for reducing headaches.

btw: this also has the added benefit of reducing headaches (for me anyway) I'm due for another...my head misses it. :)

chrissy-b
December 12th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I'm really glad it worked this way for you. When I do scalp massages I get way too greasy so I have to limit them to right before a wash or in bed. :smile:

Arctic_Mama
December 12th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I do my scalp massages leaning back in a chair or just standing at my vanity, but I still feel the benefit. I get a lot of volume and even though I am producing more sebum my roots look far less greasy because it doesn't just sit there :) I love me some scalp massaging!

Cryspatus
December 27th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Does anyone have the link to the article/thread about the scalp massage? I can't find it

ladyluck
December 27th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Here's the link (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-15976.html) to the original thread, it's in the archives. The pics don't show up anymore, but the explanation is clear enough.

Cryspatus it was in the above post.

Cryspatus
December 27th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Ohhh I missed that one... Thanks