PDA

View Full Version : How long before old hair is gone?

Um Enis
December 11th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I didn't know what to title this!

I started covering my hair about 6 and 1/2 years ago; haven't blow-dried since then either. It was about TB length back then. I've cut it back to waist a few times and to between waist and BSL once. Is it likely that all of the old sun-damaged hair gone? I have no idea how fast my hair grows, but I would say it is on the fast side of average. Its hard to tell with color alone because I henna, and because my hair is that "dark blond as a kid" kind of brown that changes color very easily. It looks a tad lighter on the ends, but they don't feel as silky as I had hoped for on (except for henna) practically virgin hair.

What do ya'll think? Is this just the normal feel of long virgin ends, or do I still have some sun-dmaged hair left?

Islandgrrl
December 11th, 2008, 07:16 AM
How long is it now (inches)? If you have average growth (1/2 inch per month) then over the course of 6 1/2 years you would have about 39 inches of growth. Just based on the math, if you have hair longer than 39 inches then you still have old hair at the ends. If it's shorter than that, you should have all virgin hair.

Unless my math is totally messed up. :) Possible. it's early in the morning.