PDA

View Full Version : Yet another hair-typing thread...

LadyGunn
December 11th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I almost never let my hair just air dry. It's usually bunned most of the day & I'll take it out a time or two at my desk to let it dry then put it up again. So, I let it dry completely the other week, not messing with it, other than to push it back or pull it out of my niece's hands. I didn't realize that natural curl was there! I had just combed it out & put coconut oil on while it was damp & then let it go.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/3075799859_0d397fe5e7.jpg

So, basically, I have no idea what my hair is, type-wise. Any thoughts?

EvaSimone
December 11th, 2008, 02:49 AM
ooh beautiful curls! I would say that you were 2b, you're too wavy for 2a.

Debra83
December 11th, 2008, 03:07 AM
That's sooooo strange!!!! I JUST posted a thread like that 2 days ago!!!! Same discovery - but MY hair!!!!! After 44 years on the planet to boot!!!!!(I think I called it "Well look at this!") :)

Katze
December 11th, 2008, 05:59 AM
at least 2b, maybe 2c. Look at those spiral ringlets! Gorgeous! Your hair reminds me a bit of Spidermom's...

Arctic
December 11th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Beautiful ringlets at the bottom! Definitely more than 2a, but the top looks 2a -ish, 2b has braidwave like waves from the scalp, right? Or maybe they are pulled straight by the weight? I'm bad at typing!

GlennaGirl
December 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Wow. What absolutely beautiful hair. I'd say 2c.

EvaSimone
December 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Oh I just saw that you said that you combed your hair while it was damp... that makes this not a true representation of your hair type. Combing it probably pulled out quite a bit of the wave.

I change my original vote to 2C.

Ryanne
December 11th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'd say 2c too, very pretty hair!

spidermom
December 11th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Join me; go with 2C.

LadyGunn
December 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
That's sooooo strange!!!! I JUST posted a thread like that 2 days ago!!!! Same discovery - but MY hair!!!!! After 44 years on the planet to boot!!!!!(I think I called it "Well look at this!") :)

I saw that - you have amazing waves!

Your hair reminds me a bit of Spidermom's...

Awww... thanks so much. I love hers! :crush:

Oh I just saw that you said that you combed your hair while it was damp... that makes this not a true representation of your hair type. Combing it probably pulled out quite a bit of the wave.

I change my original vote to 2C.

I didn't realize it would make that much of a difference. Thanks, EvaSimone.

Thank you everyone! I'm still so excited since discovering this. I remember getting into a minor argument with an older girl when I was in the first grade. Mom used to perm my hair every 9 months or so & I thought my hair was naturally curly. I was so upset when she kept saying "Nuh-uh, it's not curly." Vindication at last! ;)

Heidi_234
December 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM
No, I think it's 2b.
I'm 2c on a very good hair day and I'm curlier than what shown in the pic. And it's not voluminous or puffy, which is my ultimate subject of envy and not very much 2c either.

lapushka
December 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm voting 2c, because you have coils on the end of some strands.

Shorty89
December 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
My first thought was either 2c or perhaps 3a. I'd go for 2c though. You're hair is sure gorgeous! :D

Anje
December 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
With true ringlets like that, I think you're at least 2c. If the went further up, I might even push it to 3a on the bottom, but it still looks 2a-2b on top.

Too bad there isn't a 2b/3a option. So go with 2c.

jojo
December 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
another 2c vote from me too