PDA

View Full Version : Well Look at this!

Debra83
December 11th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Yesterday, I was stunned to discover that if I don't fight with my hair after washing...just leave it airdry I get what I call "waves".

Today, I tried it again and I was equally shocked that after washing/CO'ing and conditioning (leaving a blop in saturated hair)/airdrying all with no combing after the detangle in the water, and no finger combing even, then going to work, coming home making dinner, then taking the pic (see new sig.)...I could just cry after all those years of anguish over my hair. Unreal.
Of course, in a week I might get sick of this look too! :cheese:*please see album now!*

lizzyjo
December 11th, 2008, 01:22 AM
You get those beautiful waves without doing a single thing? Lucky you! I guess the secret is going with what your hair naturally wants to do rather than fighting with it.

Debra83
December 11th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Crazy, eh? And crazier is...I never discovered it until now!
I'll be 44 this month...if I don't drop from shock first!

Janka
December 11th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Great waves! And even after 7 hours they look really fabulous!
Imagine the godess-like hair you'll get as your hair grows!
You are definitely on the right path :)

I realized the same thing and begin to stick to it - don't mess with the hair, let it be the way it is. Mine is straight and rather fine, so I have been trying to add waves and volume. But it would hold like 1 or 2 hours only. So I decided to accept that it's straight and try all the amazing buns/styles found here instead...

Beloved
December 11th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Can you imagine how gorgeous those curls are going to be at waistlength? :toast:

Angellen
December 11th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Oh, wow. That's with no styling at all? You're so lucky, those waves are truly stunning! I agree, it sounds like the trick is just to let your hair do what it wants. :thud:

jeno
December 11th, 2008, 04:11 AM
What a surprise! Congratulations!

GlassEyes
December 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Wow, those are really awesome waves. o-o They remind me of Elainehali's snake waves. Very pretty.

Katze
December 11th, 2008, 05:54 AM
wow, what beautiful waves you have! You are on a great journey, may your hair continue to pleasantly surprise you!

Arctic
December 11th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Beautiful waves and wurls! Did you think you have a badly behaving straight hair before?
My hair also developed waves after I joined here :D

Curlsgirl
December 11th, 2008, 06:56 AM
You're not the only one! I fought with my hair for that long too. I was 45 when I came here and stopped fighting it and let it be itself. I was amazed as well! Your hair is SO pretty! I am looking forward to watching your growing journey!:cheese:

Islandgrrl
December 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Pretty waves! You are so lucky to have figured it out! I wish I could figure out how to "let" my hair do that! LOL, I fear I'm doomed in that department!

Kerynna
December 11th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Yep, I remember the moment when I learned to stop fighting my hair's natural inclinations and it was quite a revelation! It wasn't so long ago for me, either, and I'm 44 too. :)

Your hair looks great! Congrats on discovering your hair's true potential.

willowcandra
December 11th, 2008, 07:21 AM
wow pretty.:) those are nearly curls.

joyfulmom4
December 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Very lovely waves! How nice that your hair can look this pretty, effortlessly!

Ryanne
December 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Beautiful waves!

sahiba
December 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Love your waves... hope you keep discovering good things about your hair.

embee
December 11th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Oh envy envy envy! Your hair is *so* pretty!

And if you get tired of the waves, you can comb your hair and put it up. Imagine having such a great choice! :)

lora410
December 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
If I did this my waves would be all over the place (talking scalp area to) yours are very beautiful!!!

taliarose
December 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Oh very nice and what a great thing to discover! You are very blessed. Think about the reactions your going to have this holiday! :happydance:

Spike
December 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Awesome waves and great color to boot!

Mine are somewhat looser than yours, and don't really kick in until my hair is BSL (except at ear length when I have a Heath Ledger as Joker mullet--ends spraying everywhere!!!) I agonized over my desire for stick straight hair all through junior high school.

May all your hair surprises be just as good!

jojo
December 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
You're not the only one! I fought with my hair for that long too. I was 45 when I came here and stopped fighting it and let it be itself. I was amazed as well! Your hair is SO pretty! I am looking forward to watching your growing journey!:cheese: me too infact it was your hair that Debra83 hair reminded me of. I too found more waves/curls since joining. My hair before was always misbehaving, but looking back sorry hair i was bad to you!:o

Lamb
December 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
You have beautiful wurls. I think you will soon upgrade to 2c/3a!
It took me a long time to stop fighting with my hair, and once I stopped combing it multiple times a day (or brushing it - yep, I used to do that, too), I realized it was actually better off without any styling.

Debra83
December 15th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Thank you for all your nice comments!:D I hope my hair turns out half as nice as everyone's here...I'll be very fortunate. I've been reading and reading everything on this site to try to gain some insite on how "hair" works in general...it's been two months and I have learned so much from all of your wisdom and knowledge...and not just about hair, but life too!!! What a great community this is! I feel very blessed to have found it and you all too. :D