PDA

View Full Version : I got my first compliment

mommy101405
December 10th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Well other than dh :p

Tonight dh and I had a Christmas party to go to and I decided to wear my hair down. We went to drop my girls off at my moms. She said "Wow you're hair is really getting long. I don't think I can ever remember it being so long. " We went on to talk about hair a little. And she "well it looks very nice." My mom always wanted me to have long hair and I always wanted it short. I have always thought my mom was beautiful and to get a compliment about something I have really been putting effort into feels good. Even if it is vain :cheese:

Just wanted to share my happiness and do a little happy dance. Feel free to share your happy hair moments.

Fillette
December 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Wow that is a very nice compliment. And BTW it is not vain at all. I would have been very excited as well.
So enjoy! :)

zen_oven
December 10th, 2008, 08:51 PM
That's great! I can't wait to get happy hair compliments. :)

skay
December 10th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Yay!! How exciting for you! :)

gretchen_hair
December 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM
its nice when we get compliments and know our hard work and obsession pays off! i work with food and always wear myhair in a bun and 2day i forgot my graydog and i wore a regular ponytail and got several compliments from my coworkers. all of whom are aware of my hair stick addiction.

MandaMom2Three
December 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
LOL My mom notices how long my hair everytime I see her, then she bugs me to get it cut :rolleyes:

Arctic
December 11th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Congratulations from the compliment well deserved! :joy: :flowers:
Usually the story goes that the mom doesn't want or let the child to have long hair :laugh:

SHELIAANN1969
December 11th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Hair stick addiction? :confused::confused: When did this happen??:redgrin:

its nice when we get compliments and know our hard work and obsession pays off! i work with food and always wear myhair in a bun and 2day i forgot my graydog and i wore a regular ponytail and got several compliments from my coworkers. all of whom are aware of my hair stick addiction.

Shannon4J
December 11th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Congrats on the hair complement from your mom!! That's AWESOME!!

spidermom
December 11th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I'm so happy for you. It feels so good to get an unexpected compliment. I got one yesterday as well from a new receptionist at our vet clinic.

mommy101405
December 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Congratulations from the compliment well deserved! :joy: :flowers:
Usually the story goes that the mom doesn't want or let the child to have long hair :laugh:g.

My mom had waist length hair before I was born and about bsl most of my life. She now has about shoulder but she thinks she needs it shorter b.c its getting finer. I was a very bald toddler and even in Elementary school my hair wasn't exactly fast growing. Then I started deciding on my own hair and it was usually on the shorter side.

Ryanne
December 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
That's great, congrats on the compliment!

joyfulmom4
December 11th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hooray! :cheese:

Curlsgirl
December 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Good for you! I am sure that meant a lot! :)

embee
December 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Very nice, especially from someone who matters! As has been noted already, seems many moms want us to have short hair, we're too old for this long hair stuff.

Well, if we're too old, what does that make *them*??? ;)

Dreamernz
December 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I think a congrats are in order!!!:cheese::D

Eireann
December 11th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Woohoo!!! :cheese:

I had my first non-family hair complement the other day. A coworker and I were talking about hair and she said "yours always looks so shiny." :) Thanks to LHC it does!!!

sahiba
December 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Well other than dh :p

Tonight dh and I had a Christmas party to go to and I decided to wear my hair down. We went to drop my girls off at my moms. She said "Wow you're hair is really getting long. I don't think I can ever remember it being so long. " We went on to talk about hair a little. And she "well it looks very nice." My mom always wanted me to have long hair and I always wanted it short. I have always thought my mom was beautiful and to get a compliment about something I have really been putting effort into feels good. Even if it is vain :cheese:

Just wanted to share my happiness and do a little happy dance. Feel free to share your happy hair moments.

I havent had any but am happy for you.:flower:

taliarose
December 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
You are very lucky getting that compliment. :flowers: If my family were to start with compliments instead of complaints to get it cut I'd have to worry about the invasion of the body snatchers. :justy:

lora410
December 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Its always nice to hear a comment. I have had a few myself and my fiancee thinks I am wacky for all the stuff I put into my hair but then said "well your hair is so beautiful because of it"

mommy101405
December 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Its always nice to hear a comment. I have had a few myself and my fiancee thinks I am wacky for all the stuff I put into my hair but then said "well your hair is so beautiful because of it"

My dh thinks I am nuts to. But he said I can be nuts provided it stays longer :cheese:

CaityBear
December 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Congrats! We all know how good it feels. I wear my hair up all the time and when I've had to take it down for a second, it means a lot to me when people notice how long my hair is. It's just nice that they notice because people tend to not notice me at all.

jojo
December 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Its nice to get compliments as it shows our hard work was not for nothing and its even nicer to get one from our mums!

lorig713
December 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
How thoughtful of your mom! Very nice! My mom is very complimentary of my hair too. :D

RavennaNight
December 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
My dh thinks I am nuts to. But he said I can be nuts provided it stays longer :cheese:

Yup. Mine too. Thinks I've gone hair-batty. But he thinks it's great, better than short hair :p.

Congrats on your compliment! I hope you get many many more!