PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled my trim!!

skydancer7
December 10th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Well I just wanted to say thanks to you all and what I have learned here, I was able to gather the courage to cancel my trim!

I am a hair trim junkie, and that's how I got to pixie.

I have not trimmed in 2 months, which is a loooong time for me. My hair is just long enough to tuck behing my ears or do two miniature pigtails. Now that it is at this stage I think I can just let it grow!!!

Thanks again to everyone. I will try and post new pictures sometime this month...

DecafJane
December 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Yay! Well done. :)

yogachic
December 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Good for you. Not trimming is the Best way to grow your hair. Don't trim at all for 1 year and see how far you'll come.

Lamb
December 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Well done! I'm sure you'll be far too "attached" to your new growth to ever trim again, in a very short time! Just hang around TLHC a bit more. :lol:

embee
December 10th, 2008, 06:14 PM
:) I'm glad you were able to get out of the rut. Now your hair can grow.

Addy
December 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Good for you. Not trimming is the Best way to grow your hair. Don't trim at all for 1 year and see how far you'll come.

Ditto! :D You'll be surprised!

Fillette
December 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Good job! Keep it up and I am sure you'll see amazing results!

jojo
December 10th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Ditto! :D You'll be surprised! and dito again from me !

LutraLutra
December 11th, 2008, 03:08 AM
I am a hair trim junkie, and that's how I got to pixie.

I have not trimmed in 2 months, which is a loooong time for me. My hair is just long enough to tuck behing my ears or do two miniature pigtails. Now that it is at this stage I think I can just let it grow!!!

Oh yeah, I hear you. When I was pixie I got my hair trimmed every five weeks, and I thought that was sometimes too long a time to wait. But recently I've been brave and not had my hair trimmed for nearly 5 months. And guess what? My hair has grown sooooo much. You absolutely do NOT need to trim your hair every 8 weeks for it to look good and grow heathily, no matter what magazine articles say. :cheer:

Scrofula
December 11th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I'm in the same boat, started growing in July and stretched my usual 5 weekly trims to .......*drumroll* 4 months! I am planning my next trim for March. You just have to grit your teeth and keep growing, the early days of growing from pixie to anything significant are really awkward and frankly for me ugly, but we have excellent support here. Keep growing!

Loviatar
December 11th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Pixie to shoulder or long bob is the worst but you have great support on LHC. I used to trim (in salon) every 6 weeks - now I trim myself at home twice a year. Happy growing and you really won't miss those trims now you've stopped! :flower:

Angelina15
December 11th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Yay!! I've also recently stopped trimming every eight or nine weeks. Congrats on not trimming!!

brok3nwings
December 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
wowww 2 months is too much?!?!? eheh you really shoudnt trim that much if you are willing to grow!! be aware that the texture of your hair changes as it grows and you should accept it and treat it right... just trim if you have damage, splits...

skydancer7
December 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, headbands have been my best friend since the beginning of growing out. I called the headband the "instant girl", because as i was growing it out I felt like a boy. Now I don't need the headbands, my hair is at a point where I feel fem again w/o. Does that make sense?
Anyway. I still use headbands and hair clips to give the illusion of a chin-lenght bob, even though not everything is quite that length yet.
Thanks again for the support everyone :eek:

Spike
December 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Heh. It's been two months since my last trim, and I was getting those random thoughts of hmmm . . . better get an appointment so the hair looks good for the holidays and all the photo opportunities and stuff. Hmm . . . ought to call the hairdresser, I'll do that in a minute.

Then I actually looked at my "can we call this shoulderlength" locks in the mirror. Shiny, volume, waves coming in, ends well behaved . . . do I need a trim to give it shape and control? Uhm, no, not really.

So--sitting on my hands so I don't call the stylist until a trim will make my hair look/behave better. New mantra: If it LOOKS fine, it IS fine.