PDA

View Full Version : romantic bun

dreamhair
December 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi all,
I have seen many pictures of a bun that is done at the crown but the hair between scalp and bun are loose. Like the ones of Solitaire (Jane Seymour in Live and Let Die... we watched that last night) found here http://www.jamesbondmm.co.uk/bond-girls/jane-seymour . I looked her up and found this gallery as well http://www.friendsofjane.com/aaj_photos.html .

Why? Because I think her hair looks a lot like mine though mine is still short. I love the poofy bun she wears in Live and Let Die. I also see similar looks in movies made about the late 1800s or like on Little House on the Prairie occasionally (I think I read those were mostly hair pieces though).

When My hair gets long enough, I would love to try these styles but have no clue where to look. Would anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks All

wolf girl
December 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Isn't she just one the the most beautiful people on the planet??? It doesn't matter how she fixes her hair or make-up, she always looks flawless....

Anje
December 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Try flipping your head over, combing your hair over your head, and bunning before you get upright. That gives me some top-of-the-head poof (more than I like for everyday stuff) without any teasing or adding rats (stuff that goes under the hair to add bulk).

I'm sure her hair has some rats under it, for the movie. I doubt it's teased though -- Jane Seymour has always had such great hair, I'm sure she doesn't even let movie stylists do mean things like that to it.

arylkin
December 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I honestly don't know how to get a hairdo so puffy looking without doing a ton of backcombing (ahh!) like that pic (http://www.jamesbondmm.co.uk/bond-girls/jane-seymour?id=004). I wish my hair naturally looked all poofy in an updo- like Anne's hair in Anne of Avonlea (although those must have been hairpieces, because some of those hairstyles were ridiculously big... ;)

dreamhair
December 12th, 2008, 08:47 AM
wolf girl, yes she is a very beautiful lady, her and Jacklyn Smith.

Anje, thank you, there is a bit much poof for me as well, it is just the look of it that caught my eye. I will have to try a half up with your directions. The back certainly isn't long enough.

arylkin, I love Anne's hair in the Green Gables series as well. I would rather not back comb since I am not even sure how to do it (I have seen it in some youtube videos).

Thank you

Curlsgirl
December 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I just did my hair like this last night. It is actually very easy to do. I am doing it for the Christmas play only in a bun. You just bend over and brush all of your hair toward the crown of your head and hold it with your left hand like you are making a regular top of the head ponytail. Then you take a regular metal-free elastic and tie it off about 2 inches (more or less) from being tight on your head. Then you just push the whole thing toward your head until the elastic is meeting the head (creating the "poof") and then wrap it around and secure with Amish pins to the scalp (I like the Amish pins but you could use hairscroos or whatever you like). You can do a halfup this way or a bun either one.