PDA

View Full Version : Folded braid?

Curlsgirl
December 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I have a question about this style. I usually do a plain English braid at the nape and fold 2 times up and under and clip. Does anyone do it at the crown of the head and then fold under twice? I think this would look good but when I tried to do an English braid at the crown I had a hard time. Is there a trick? Do you use a pony tail elastic and then braid and then remove the elastic?

spidermom
December 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I can't do an English braid at the crown. The hair at the back of my head ends up sagging too much.

Curlsgirl
December 10th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I wonder if you could bend over and do it that way?

NebraskaChick84
December 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I can do it if I pull my hair up into a ponytail and then braid. (after securing with a ponytail holder) sometimes I also just put the braid into a bun. my hair is currently too short to do it that way though (I did it all the time when my hair was waist length though)

Anje
December 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
When I do any styles bent over, I end up with a really puffy crown.

I know that's "in" right now, but I like my hair to follow a normal head shape.

If you start the braid at your crown, the ends will be more tapered (unless you pull it up there to cut it, which is supposed to give nice layers, but seems awkward if your hair is longer than your arms).

Curlsgirl
December 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Well maybe I am confused about how to do a folded braid then? It wouldn't be the first time. :o

rymorg2
December 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I do an english braid at the nape of my neck then fold it over topwise and secure. Does that make sense?

Anje
December 10th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I do what you described in the first post. Braid from the nape, then fold upward (I fold it in half, then in half again, and flip it up), and secure with something.

Haith
December 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
There's no way I can do an english braid at my crown without having an elastic to secure it the entire time. My hair is so slippery that it slides out of almost every style.

Curlsgirl
December 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Okay well I do it at the nape too and fold it up. Guess I am doing it the right way after all. (knocks head with palm of hand).

Carry on!!!