PDA

View Full Version : Kerastase Scalp Oil Control shampoo

Tap Dancer
December 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_us/specifique-bain_divalent.htm

Has anyone tried this? My forehead gets so oily these days. That's one of the main reasons I finally grew my bangs out. Even so, my roots get oily just a little over 24 hours after being washed. It doesn't matter if I CO or use shampoo. I'm even careful not to use conditioner near my scalp when I shampoo and condition. And sometimes when I wake up, the hair that touched my forehead is a little greasy.

I never used to have this problem. I had normal skin up until a few years ago. Now it's combination oily/normal. A sleep cap might help, but I want to "fix" the problem...or at least tone it down. Would a shampoo for oily hair help my roots stay fresher longer?

Tap Dancer
December 12th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I guess no one can help... :( I ordered the shampoo and hopefully it'll be here by Monday.

morguebabe
December 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Sorry I came into this thread because I've been havign HUGE scalp issues. Let me know how it works.

Tap Dancer
December 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Well, morguebabe, I'm giving this shampoo a thumbs down. :neutral: The bottle is tiny, the smell is okay (not horrible, but just okay), and my scalp is no better or worse than before. I will use every last drop of shampoo, though, because it was so expensive (too expensive) and I hate to waste money.

Fantak
December 25th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Tap Dancer have you tried diluting your shampoo? I've been heavily diluting my shampoo for the past two weeks (at least 10:1 water:shampoo) and am just seeing how wonderful the results are.

Granted it's not Kerastase, but it's the same shampoo I've used for the past year and a half and diluting made a huge difference.

I used to be a daily washer, switched to every other day (was pushing it though, always oily by the next day *ugh*) and now by diluting I can maybe even go every two days rather than every other day! It really does help, scalp is super clean and stays clean longer, I never thought it would work! (kept checking the mirror every 5 minutes while it was drying the first time I diluted). My hair is clean, shiny, bouncy and has a super amount of volume! It also gets all the oil out of my hair if I'm doing a heavy-medium oiling!

*plays cheesy informercial music*

:p Tis true though! Do try it, I was such a sceptic in the beginning but wow, now I cringe at the thought of using full strength shampoo and I used to use a handful! O.o

HTH ^.^

Tap Dancer
December 25th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks, Fantak. I'll try diluting the shampoo next time I wash. (I'm still not buying this particular shampoo again, though.)

Fantak
December 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hope it goes well!

Don't be afraid to really really dilute it, I use a SLES shampoo (http://www.epinions.com/review/Klorane_Quinine_Vitamin_B_Shampoo/content_420259008132) that's a deep mahogany colour and I dilute it in about a cup of water until it's a very very pale pink. I pour it over my wet hair (I don't wash the length most washes, just let it run down) and rub/massage like I would normally do except there's no foam or bubbles, it's like massaging with just water. Your hair will feel different then what it usually does after shampooing, don't worry. Rinse/condition/etc as you normally would.

It was really intimidating for me the first time so I thought I'd explain ^.^

HTH!

Tap Dancer
January 8th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Diluting it didn't help. I just really, REALLY hate this shampoo. :lol: