PDA

View Full Version : Could this be waist?

Shadow Walker
December 9th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I don't know if my hair is waist or not. I keep looking at the narrow points of my torso to see if my ends are hitting it, and I'm unsure if I'm barely touching waist or if I'm just shy of it. Also doesn't help that the picture is at a slight angle... Any opinions?

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/640/1209081640px5.jpg

longingforlocks
December 9th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I would say you have a good 1-2 more inches, but it is getting there! Very nice, thick hair. I love your thick hemline.

carloota
December 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know that it's quite to waist yet. Your progress has been remarkable, though. Hair looks super healthy. Whatever your reggie is, keep on growing, er, going. LOL

EvaSimone
December 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Your hair looks lovely but it seems to be shy of waist.

I think 1-2" will get you solidly at waist.

:flower:

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM
:agape::thud: :agape::thud: :agape::thud: :D :D

Oh wait. Did you say something?

~GypsyCurls~
December 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yours looks about my length...probably an inch to go before you're at waist.

Your hair is gorgeous btw!

Amara
December 9th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'll go against the grain here and say I think you're at waist, but BARELY!

Also, uh, AMAZING HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glamgirl
December 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'd say an inch will do it.

Your hair looks amazingly thick and healthy!! What's your secret??:)

marajade
December 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Wow!!!!!!! I would say you are just shy of waist, but very healthy looking!!!!

Shadow Walker
December 9th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

About an inch to go eh? Well, my birthday is mid January so hopefully it will have grown that much by then. It's been growing pretty fast. :)

Glamgirl: I really don't have a secret, I don't do much of anything to my hair. I shampoo and condition almost every day, and I try to be as gentle as possible when combing. That's about it!

DecafJane
December 9th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Your hair grows very quickly! Wow!

chrissy-b
December 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Almost, man. A couple more months and there'll be no denying it.

Your hair is looking pretty flipping awesome, by the way.

Ryanne
December 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Very close to waist.
It looks so healthy and thick!

littlemiss
December 9th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Your hairs looking as shiny and heathly as usual!! Not much longer to wait and you'll be at waist!!

ladystar
December 10th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Hey your Bday must be close to mine! Its looking very nice!!!

Aditi
December 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Lovely hair, sorry i didn't saw the length of your hair. I was too busy looking at the thickness and quality.

goldenwaves
December 10th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I think it's at waist! It looks amazing!!

zift
December 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Men's waist is a bit lower than women's, I say your hair looks very much like mid-back at this point. But it's just awesome! So thick and smooth :cool:

lilalong
December 10th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Looks waist to me.

great hair!

RavennaNight
December 10th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I'd give it another inch or month. Really close though! And healthy!

eadwine
December 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Not waist to me, sorry. But you are close! Just one more inch or so. :)

morguebabe
December 10th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Id say about an inch or so... It likes you have a U hemline? I don't know how to judge hemlines is it by the highest point or the lowest point?
Either way you have very healthy nice thick looking hair!!!!

rockkcor
December 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I think it is very good midback – I have more or less the same length right now…
Waist is – when you can tuck it in your pants under your belt…
Or up to your elbow...

At least I think so (?)

spidermom
December 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cinch a belt around your middle. When your hair rests on it, it's waist length.

Your hair looks fabulous!

EdG
December 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
You have incredibly thick hair. :)
Ed

JamieLeigh
December 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I love it, it's absolutely gorgeous! It's great to see a guy taking care of his hair...so many long-haired guys just don't care what it looks like as long as it grows! Amazing job, keep up the great work! :cheer:

jojo
December 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think your at 'can I call this waist' length not a full waist but as near as damn it! you grow so quick, you beat me in the race to waist;)

lapushka
December 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM
To me it looks as if the tip of your V is at waist length.

Debra83
December 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on t.v., so I may not have the anatomy totally figured out yet...but to me, waist is that area between the hips and the belly-button!!! So, unless you're one of those without a belly-button...it should be fairly easy to determine. It used to be a lot easier when jeans closed around the waist, but now they can close anywhere from your waist to your lowers...so it's harder to go by clothes!!! :confused:

But, regardless if it's waist or not, it looks great! :cheese:

Arctic
December 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Men's waist is a bit lower than women's, I say your hair looks very much like mid-back at this point. But it's just awesome! So thick and smooth :cool:

I think it is very good midback – I have more or less the same length right now…
Waist is – when you can tuck it in your pants under your belt…
Or up to your elbow...

At least I think so (?)

Mens waist is at the same place where womens: where the torso is the thinnest. When we talk about waistband of pants, that's usually at hip with the current fashion.

Shadow walker, I also think it's at solid waist veeeery soon but not quite yet! Your hair looks great!

Arctic
December 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on t.v., so I may not have the anatomy totally figured out yet...but to me, waist is that area between the hips and the belly-button!!! So, unless you're one of those without a belly-button...it should be fairly easy to determine. It used to be a lot easier when jeans closed around the waist, but now they can close anywhere from your waist to your lowers...so it's harder to go by clothes!!! :confused:

But, regardless if it's waist or not, it looks great! :cheese:

Waist is where your torso is thinnest, not the waist of pants which is at hip usually. Bellybuttom is at different place in each individual, some have it higher some lower.

Arctic
December 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Here's a good picture of where the waist is, it's from some sewing site
http://jas-townsend.com/figures.jpg

Akiko
December 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Waist is where your torso is thinnest, not the waist of pants which is at hip usually. Bellybuttom is at different place in each individual, some have it higher some lower.

My belly button is about 1 inch below waist. I did not realize someone has it above the waistline.

Arctic
December 10th, 2008, 12:52 PM
My belly button is about 1 inch below waist. I did not realize someone has it above the waistline.

Thinking about the diversity of all humankind it wouldn't be surpsise to me if there are individuals who do ;) I was answering someone who thought waist is between bellybuttom and hip :) My point was that bellybuttom is not an indicator of waist.

Meli
December 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I wonder if your U-shaped hemline - very pretty, by the way - is fooling the eye a little. I imagined a straight line at your waist and to me it looks like the longest part of the hemline does indeed reach waist. The shorter sides, however, have a bit left to go to waist. It will probably look like more solid waistlength with just a little more length.

CaityBear
December 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous!

I'd also say you have just an inch and then I'd say waist.

Shadow Walker
December 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the opinions and nice compliments! Maybe if I concentrate real hard I can get that last inch by New Years. :p

NebraskaChick84
December 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I wonder if your U-shaped hemline - very pretty, by the way - is fooling the eye a little. I imagined a straight line at your waist and to me it looks like the longest part of the hemline does indeed reach waist. The shorter sides, however, have a bit left to go to waist. It will probably look like more solid waistlength with just a little more length.
this is what I was thinking also.

the top of my belly button is my waist so I can tell. although I don't keep a hemline so i am not sure how I will tell when I hit waist....

Indigo Girl
December 10th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I'd say you're just shy of waist - but as fast as your hair has been growing you'll be there in no time. :bluesmile

Oberon88
December 10th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I would say you're just reaching waist, with the tip of the 'U' touching it.
You're hair looks fantastic!

Gilly
December 11th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Your hair looks amazing!:thud:
I think an inch will do it, but it is in such good shape, it will be there in no time.
What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Angellen
December 11th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I think it's safe to say you're at "Can I Call this Waist?" the barely-almost-sort-of-not-quite stage before the actual thing. :) Your hair looks great, though. :thumbsup:

zift
December 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Mens waist is at the same place where womens: where the torso is the thinnest. When we talk about waistband of pants, that's usually at hip with the current fashion.

Ofcourse waist is waist saying the thinnest part of your torso I know *lol* I'm a doctor:P I was trying to say that men's thinnest point of their torso= waist is generally lower in their body compared to women's. Meaning comparing one man and woman two people with same height of torso the man's thinnest line would be lower than the woman's so it's harder to reach there. Meaning you have to grow longer hair to reach there:lol: Am I making it hard to understand sorry English isn't my native language:flower:

ETA: Ugh I don't mean to hi-jack. Shadow walker needs a couple more cms to reach waist and it's gonna be cool when he does:rockerdud

Mike
December 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I don't know if my hair is waist or not. I keep looking at the narrow points of my torso to see if my ends are hitting it, and I'm unsure if I'm barely touching waist or if I'm just shy of it. Also doesn't help that the picture is at a slight angle... Any opinions?

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/640/1209081640px5.jpg
I don't know Shadow but you are at my goal length. Want to trade? Didn't think so.
Mike

Shadow Walker
December 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Gilly, I use Head & Shoulders Dandruff Control on my scalp since it gets itchy no matter how much hair I have. I've found that Tresemme shampoo and conditioner works best with my hair type, and it's what I usually use.

Isilme
December 17th, 2008, 04:36 PM
not qute waist, but very close. Before you realize you'll be at "can I call this hip?"