PDA

View Full Version : What color would you say my hair is?

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Okay. I've been henna-ing the roots as they grow in. The bottom is the last of my henndigo. I had substantially lightened it with honey treatments but now I'm at a standstill in that department, so I figure I'll just grow it from here and be two-toned.

Do you think the henna part looks red? Or is it still just sort of brown? I know that's an odd question, but it's hard to step back and judge, particularly as compared to so many brilliantly red henna heads on here! (Yes, I'm foaming with jealousy.)

Does it look weird to have the bottom so much darker? (That portion is darker than my natural color, which is a mousey brown.)

Thanks, folks...

spidermom
December 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I wish you had more pictures, GG. On my particular monitor, judging by that one sig pic, the part closest to your scalp looks to be almost a strawberry blonde or light reddish-brown. The bottom looks more ashy. No, I don't think it looks weird, but I don't mind two tones or more tones.

jojo
December 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Id say its a copper mixed ashy browns too, quite lovely and I too like two toned hair its unique.

ecologystudent
December 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Well, on my monitor, the top looks like a redish-chestnut brown, while the bottom looks like a darker brown. I think it looks nice.

CopperHead
December 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM
It looks auburn to me. :) I think it is a lovely color full of great contrasts. I have several tones in my hair and I have learned to love them.

WindowDressing
December 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Okay. I've been henna-ing the roots as they grow in. The bottom is the last of my henndigo. I had substantially lightened it with honey treatments but now I'm at a standstill in that department, so I figure I'll just grow it from here and be two-toned.

Do you think the henna part looks red? Or is it still just sort of brown? I know that's an odd question, but it's hard to step back and judge, particularly as compared to so many brilliantly red henna heads on here! (Yes, I'm foaming with jealousy.)

Does it look weird to have the bottom so much darker? (That portion is darker than my natural color, which is a mousey brown.)

Thanks, folks...

Dear Glennagirl, perhaps with more pix it would be easier to tell. :o

But to me the lower more ashy color looks the best. That may be the "henndigo" portion. It is a unique color and your hair looks very shiny and full. I understand you are going for the red. With more pix maybe I could see the top color better. It seems more dark coppery on my screen than red.

Hugs!
WD :)

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks, everybody. :)

I took an outdoor pic which I'm trying to save as my siggie pic, but for some reason LHC won't let me right now! I'll try again later. But here is the pic. The left half looks darker than the right b/c of the way the sun was slanting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Melsie/2008October/IMG_3385.jpg

spidermom
December 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
With the new picture, I'd go with shades of auburn. It looks pretty.

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks, ((SM)).

wintersun99
December 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Let's see... to me (on this monitor) the top portion looks orangy-red and the middle/bottom portion looks cherry/reddish brownish... :D

Does it look weird? Nope. Are you trying to go more red (all red) or are you trying for lighter brown?

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks, wintersun! I'm trying to go henna only which I hoped would be an orangish-reddish. I don't want it to go too "cherry" which it has tended to do with buildup (as you see in the middle portion) and I don't want to do henndigo anymore because the dark-dark color just ages my face.

So now I have...all these colors. :D

lora410
December 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I don't see any pictures

spidermom
December 9th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I don't see any pictures

There is one near the bottom of the first page.

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I finally got the siggy pic to post.

I think what I'm going to do is this: re-henna/amla the top. That should darken it just a tad. Then it will blend better. I like two-tone hair too...but for some reason on me, it's driving me crazy. If the tones were more natural/closer together, that would be one thing...I LOVE sun-kissed hair. But this is more Crayola crayon-kissed. :D

I love what henna does for my hair (not everybody does, of course) and I like having depth to my color so I think "blending" the tones and then just re-henna-amla-ing the roots a few times as they come in would be best. I do like the auburn, darker-red color the more I look at it.

Thanks, everyone, for the input and the help in seeing what the heck color(s) my hair is. ;)

WindowDressing
December 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I finally got the siggy pic to post.

I think what I'm going to do is this: re-henna/amla the top. That should darken it just a tad. Then it will blend better. I like two-tone hair too...but for some reason on me, it's driving me crazy. If the tones were more natural/closer together, that would be one thing...I LOVE sun-kissed hair. But this is more Crayola crayon-kissed. :D

I love what henna does for my hair (not everybody does, of course) and I like having depth to my color so I think "blending" the tones and then just re-henna-amla-ing the roots a few times as they come in would be best. I do like the auburn, darker-red color the more I look at it.

Thanks, everyone, for the input and the help in seeing what the heck color(s) my hair is. ;)

Dearest GlennaGirl!

What a great addition to the pix.

As it is difficult to ascertain without facial pics how a color is looking as far as a frontal view, again I'm only looking at a back view with a dark shirt.

But the dark coppery color still is there, which, as a highlight may be attained. Still, just from another single snapshot, the volume and glisten of your lower ends is incredible on my monitor.

Actually all of the colors are just stunning. I am amazed what can be achieved with natural dyes.

Do what YOU want, always!!!

Love and Hugs!

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Thank you, WindowDressing. Wow, your words have lifted me SO high up I may have some trouble coming down! Thanks so much for the compliments! I do love henna because my hair doesn't naturally have much shine at all...but henna imparts it.

Hugs to everyone for your help!

WindowDressing
December 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Thank you, WindowDressing. Wow, your words have lifted me SO high up I may have some trouble coming down! Thanks so much for the compliments! I do love henna because my hair doesn't naturally have much shine at all...but henna imparts it.

Hugs to everyone for your help!

Oh my dear GlennaGirl! The glimmer is obvious! That is why I asked, color-wise, it seemed you had the best glitter in the ashy range, but again, that is my monitor!

I love your hair and its full conditioned look! Keep it, don't sacrifice that for ANYTHING. Including color. JMHO, dear girlfriend! Sometimes we gals see what we know to be so, but comprehend after we "hear" it be told.

Love and Hugs!

prosperina
December 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think your hair looks nice, and I think it's a nice two (three? ) toned effect because it's really gradual and subtle... so I hestite to even say two-toned because it's really more blended than that. You can see the light play nicely on your hair: it's more red/orange on the right side where the sun is hitting it and it's darker on the left where the sun isn't shinning on it. Very natural effect. And as you are in Southern California, there should be no lack of sunshine! What color is it inside?

Demetrue
December 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM
It does not like majorly two-toned on my monitor - it looks like a deep rich chestnut on top, naturally darkening into a rich mahogony at the ends. It looks like the color is deliberately supposed to be that way, and it is very rich and shiny!

Deborah
December 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
On my monitor your newer hair looks like a deep, rich auburn. I wouldn't darken it at all. The color looks just right to me, nice and shiny too.

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
This is wonderful, thanks, ladies!!

Indoors it's...I don't know, more of a brown. Medium to dark brown.

Thanks a million. :grouphug:

Katze
December 10th, 2008, 04:50 AM
lovely color! I'd say auburn, definitely...such a rare and pretty shade it is, too!