PDA

View Full Version : Parts get oily and greasier first?

morguebabe
December 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM
My bangs/fringe is a stringy oily mess in like 24 hours...I like to wash my hair once or twice a week so this is really a pain in the ass. The second wash being a scalp wash.
It gets bad to the point I've had a coworker point it out.

I think my only option is to wash my bangs everyday? Does anyone else have parts that get oily faster?

Aisha25
December 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
My scalp does now that its winter time before it never but now from scalp to like 4 inches down it gets pretty oily now but its only on the 4th or 5th day. Too bad all my hairs couldnt be covered in it.

chrissy-b
December 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
My bangs get greasy fast. I have to wash them everyday unless I'm going to pin them back. My face is very oily and I usually touch my bangs throughout the day, pushing them out of my eyes which adds to the oiliness.

WritingPrincess
December 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
When I was wearing my bangs loose all the time at just slightly above eyebrow length, I had to was them every day and blow dry them. I just washed them in the sink with a tiny bit of shampoo and no conditioner. You don't have to wash anything except your bangs.

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
No, you also have the option of putting the bangs back on your greasier days. :) People will think you did the style on purpose! That's what I do. I twist them and pin them back...either a side-part twist or two little middle-part twists.

morguebabe
December 9th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Rocking the pinned back look right now

mommy101405
December 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM
You could try dry shampoo or baby powder to extend the time between washing them a little.

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Awww, look at these! (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.20690774.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php%3Flisting_id%3D7103902&usg=__rJOamFjDv-3KtKJhh7ldAPlissU=&h=390&w=430&sz=24&hl=en&start=27&um=1&tbnid=X-VWPo_SWu7d5M:&tbnh=114&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dskull%2Bhair%2Bclips%26start%3D18%26n dsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN)

baobhan sith
December 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM
When i had a fringe i got that really badly. AND my forehead got really bad skin...

No wonder i grew them out.

I was going to just pin them up off my face, but then i realised what an idiot i looked. Especially with baby hairs poking out...

Another thing that makes some people i know's fringes greasy, is that in class or when they're doing something, they'll rest their head on their hand, with their fingers threaded through their fringe, i don't know if you do that, but it's something hardly anyone realises contributes to making hair greasy, probably mainly because they don't realise they're actually doing it..:)

Dreamernz
December 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
oh gosh yes sometimes my fringe is a total disaster in the greasy, splitting department but i don't let it rule me, backcombing and hairspray is my staple method as well as trying not to touch it too much (though my spotty forehead is suffering......at least no one can see it because its under the fringe.......:D:D:D)

Samara Morgan
December 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
When i had a fringe i got that really badly. AND my forehead got really bad skin...:)

That's exactly what has happened to my forehead since having a fringe cut in :agree: I'm in the process of growing myine out because they get greasy so quickly and I don't like how they look anymore. morguebabe, I agree with pinning it back on the greasier days - that's what I'm doing right now actually lol :lol:

jojo
December 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I used to get this when i had a fringe and used to do just a fringe wash in the mornings.