PDA

View Full Version : Wax in hair

BlndeInDisguise
March 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Over on another forum (not hair forum) somebody's little girl put candle wax in her hair (like, all through it). Wondering if anybody here has any suggestions. :o

Kirin
March 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Fill a tub or sink with warm to hot water, and stick her head in there, and have her work it through, it will soften and can be gotten out.

An alternative is heating up (not too hot) wet towels to wrap on the head then use another warm wet washcloth to gently pull the wax out.

Requiax
March 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
A hair drier to melt the wax and paper towels to absorb the melted wax, or the hot water methods Kirin suggested should work as well. Just be careful with the heat.

I'm glad the mom didn't just grab the scissors like my mom did with my gum incident!

MadPirateBippy
March 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Get a fine toothed lice comb and go ahead and put her hair in Geisha styles. You have to wax it first to get that hair, ya know.

prosperina
March 24th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Peanut butter? That's what you use for gum.

MeMyselfandI
March 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
My first reaction.

Ice the hair with an ice cube, the candle wax will be come brittle and break off. Oil any residue, then wash it off with shampoo.

Anlbe
March 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM
1. let it cool down and pick as much out as possible
2. wrap the waxy hair in blotting paper (or any other absorbant thick paper) and go over with a medium hot iron - this will make the wax melt and be absorbed by the paper.