PDA

View Full Version : CNN-Woman sells hair to pay mortgage

kwhitchurch
December 9th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I know that people have donated hair for certain causes, it's too bad it has to come to this for some families just to make ends meet!
(link removed)

lora410
December 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
yes, it is a very sad thing indeed. I guess it's better then most options when money is extremely tight. If I had to I would do this for my family.

GlennaGirl
December 9th, 2008, 08:49 AM
yes, it is a very sad thing indeed. I guess it's better then most options when money is extremely tight. If I had to I would do this for my family.

I would too.

LovingLife
December 9th, 2008, 08:50 AM
That is very sad... It's made me feel a lot more happier for my shoulder length I can tell you!

Lady Love of the raven curly tresses in the order of the long haired knights

Nightshade
December 9th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Yay, good to see the old LOL gives wigs to kids with cancer BS is still alive and well:

For Henriksen, cutting her hair was always in the cards. But she had planned to give it to a nonprofit organization that provides hairpieces for children who lost their hair after cancer treatments.
"Initially, I had grown my hair out to donate to Locks of Love in memory of my mother, who passed away from cancer last year. I was going to try to give back to people who didn't have any hair. But it didn't work out that way. Instead, I got my kids Christmas [gifts]," she said.

kwhitchurch
December 9th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I know! More than that it makes me thankful that I have a good job! 1700 dollars is a lot of money for hair though! 27" is pretty long!

invisiblebabe
December 9th, 2008, 08:55 AM
She was going to donate it anyway.... better it gets her some $$ than goes to LoL and likely gets thrown out or sold there for $0 :P

Periwinkle
December 9th, 2008, 08:56 AM
^^ I noticed that too, Nightshade.

Anyway, it's desperate measures but if it has to be done, it has to be done. I'm sure I can't be the only one who would rather have short hair than no house.

trolleypup
December 9th, 2008, 08:57 AM
As a supportive community, cutting/selling threads are not appropriate for LHC (Terms of Service (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/index.php?page=tos)).