PDA

View Full Version : Brand new FICCARE Gold Roman Barrette - CANCELLED

Tabitha
December 9th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Ficcare Roman Two Circle Hammered Metal Barrette in Gold 3" x 1.5" approx

This barrette is beautiful and substantial and suitable for thick hair - it holds a lot of hair. Has the teeth that feature on some of Ficcare's clips on the underside for improved grip. Warm matte gold with hammered metal finish.

UPDATE

I have arranged to return this clip to Ficcare.

Peggy E.
December 9th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Whoa! How do you insert this without pulling out the style you're seeking to secure? That bit of extra teeth there on the center of the clasp looks problematic.

You didn't try it? Of course, everyone else probably uses it correctly! What I do is "slide" the clasp part of the barrette under the style (usually a topsy thing) and then close on the other side. That center tooth bit would grab, not slide.

What a shame as it's gorgeous!

Tabitha
December 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Peggy, I bought it with the intention of using it for full ponytails as this is a look I wear quite often - I think barrettes make a pony tail look more grown-up/elegant than elastics or scrunchies. As Ficcare say in their blurb "... hold a lot of hair and will look beautiful in a full pull back." But I don't have enough hair for it! (I did have a 4" ponytail but some shedding and a few recent layers mean I am now only at 3.5" ... guess I should change my profile info).

I then thought of using it for a folded braid or similar, but you are right in that the teeth make it hard to slide the bottom of the clip in.

It really is a beautiful thing but would be best suited to someone whose ponytail is around 4"-5" circumference, who wanted it to hold a full ponytail.

I am considering returning it to Ficcare, I've only had it a week.

wendyg
December 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
The smaller gold O-shaped Ficcare barrettes have the same problem, but they *are* small enough for a folded braid.

wg

Peggy E.
December 10th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Not that it wouldn't have been nice for someone here to get this, but it's good to see you're going to get either a trade-in for one that will work, or your money back.

Wise move!