PDA

View Full Version : turning off blog comments

girlcat36
March 24th, 2008, 06:14 PM
How can I have the comment box at my blog disabled? I have gone to the blog control panel and unchecked allow comments, and saved it but I could still post a comment. I am confused. I did a search to find the answer but didn't come up with anything.

Beldaran
March 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM
As far as I can tell, I can't post a comment. I'd guess that you will always be able to post a comment, it is your blog after all. :o

girlcat36
March 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Okay, thanks!

Carolyn
March 24th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I *think* when you uncheck the allow comment boxes, the people viewing your journal will still see the word "comment" but when they click on it they won't get a dialog box to write a comment in. Maybe Tessa will stop by with some thoughts. I'm pretty sure she has her blog set to no comments.

Raederle
March 24th, 2008, 07:25 PM
You can turn off comments for a particular entry, if you wish, too. Some seem to be having issues with the blogs, but count me among the happy campers. I don't like the word blog, but I've just put on my big girl panties and gotten over it. The flexibility is pretty cool.

Euphony
March 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I *think* when you uncheck the allow comment boxes, the people viewing your journal will still see the word "comment" but when they click on it they won't get a dialog box to write a comment in. Maybe Tessa will stop by with some thoughts. I'm pretty sure she has her blog set to no comments.
ooooooooooooooh that make so much sense! I was going to comment on her blog the other day and no one else had commented on this particular entry so I thought there was some secret voodoo I had to do to be the first commenter :D

Carolyn
March 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Some seem to be having issues with the blogs, but count me among the happy campers. I don't like the word blog, but I've just put on my big girl panties and gotten over it. The flexibility is pretty cool.Hurray for big girl panties! :rockerdud

Teacherbear
March 24th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Hurray for big girl panties! :rockerdud

LOL, that comment made me giggle, too!

Girlcat, I think you'll always be able to see the comments that have been made (unless you choose to delete them), even if the feature is turned off for others. Does that help any?

girlcat36
March 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Yes, thank you.....the fog is slowly lifting.....